Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

[spoiler=Response]

If we want to use the ending theme as a hint, he'll probably get a Fighting type sometime in the near future. What that will be, I don't know; can either be Crabrawler/evo, Stufful/evo, Passimian or the Kommo-o line; however I doubt the last one this early on. Or yes, Ash can teach one of his existing 'mons a Fighting move and that'd work out [doesn't actually NEED to be a Fighting-type]. 

Then again, he might get Fightinium-Z at some point. 

But yeah, Ash getting a new Electrium-Z works; hopefully he's learned how to control it well enough so it doesn't shatter like it did last time. 

[spoiler=Stuff]

Other than that, Ash got his first Grand Trial dealt with.

Admittedly he had a harder challenge ahead of him:

• [Ash] Dealt with Hariyama and Crabrawler with Pikachu and a still inexperienced Rowlet
  • [us] Dealt with Makuhita, Mankey and Crabrawler with starter's second stage [presumably] and whatever else we've caught up to then. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Response]

But yeah, Ash getting a new Electrium-Z works; hopefully he's learned how to control it well enough so it doesn't shatter like it did last time. 

[spoiler=Response]

That shouldn't be an issue as he's done a trial now. It wasn't controlling of the Z-Move that was the problem, it was Ash not being qualified to use it (even though it succeeded).

Other than that next week James will be getting a Maraenie (if the image I saw on the Serebii right sidebar is anything to go by, though I mentioned that it was probs gonna happen when the title and prelim info was known)

[spoiler=Response]

If we want to use the ending theme as a hint, he'll probably get a Fighting type sometime in the near future. What that will be, I don't know; can either be Crabrawler/evo, Stufful/evo, Passimian or the Kommo-o line; however I doubt the last one this early on. Or yes, Ash can teach one of his existing 'mons a Fighting move and that'd work out [doesn't actually NEED to be a Fighting-type]. 

Then again, he might get Fightinium-Z at some point. 

[spoiler=Stuff]

Other than that, Ash got his first Grand Trial dealt with.

Admittedly he had a harder challenge ahead of him:

• [Ash] Dealt with Hariyama and Crabrawler with Pikachu and a still inexperienced Rowlet
  • [us] Dealt with Makuhita, Mankey and Crabrawler with starter's second stage [presumably] and whatever else we've caught up to then. 

I managed to beat Hala with a Butterfree. A little something to brag about Considering it's movepool can deal with Hala, Totem Lurantis, a majority of Team Skull grunts, And two of the 5 ulltra beasts before switching to Xurkitree.

Anyway, Mareanie might signify the return of THAT running gag. Maybe Mareanie will hug James.

[spoiler and]

We saw Olivia's foot. Not sure if that's a mention or a physical appearance.

[spoiler=obligatory response]

I don't see how that related to the post you quoted, but that's irrelevant. I still haven't seen the episode yet so I technically shouldn't comment on this, but apparently it was during a flashback from what I read.

[spoiler=obligatory response]

I don't see how that related to the post you quoted, but that's irrelevant. I still haven't seen the episode yet so I technically shouldn't comment on this, but apparently it was during a flashback from what I read.

It's also strange. Kiawe would have had a disadvantage, considering the type matchup. We all know Kiawe's the fire guy and Olivia's the Rock Kahuna.

It's also strange. Kiawe would have had a disadvantage, considering the type matchup. We all know Kiawe's the fire guy and Olivia's the Rock Kahuna.

Plot twist: Kiawe's Turtonator has Focus Blast and/or Solarbeam to deal with Rock-types.

I mean it's not like we've seen a fire-type defeat pokemon that it'd normally be weak to before. (ie Gary's Arcanine vs Giovanni's Kingler or Paul's Chimchar vs Roark's Onix)

Plot twist: Kiawe's Turtonator has Focus Blast and/or Solarbeam to deal with Rock-types.

I mean it's not like we've seen a fire-type defeat pokemon that it'd normally be weak to before. (ie Gary's Arcanine vs Giovanni's Kingler or Paul's Chimchar vs Roark's Onix)

Oh yeah, that works.

On the XY Z dub news, finale aired today and one of the specials next week. Not sure of the other.

And yet still no word of an official airdate for Sun and Moon.

Canada had that special air today apparently, as for the other special I don't think it'll come out in English personally.

Indeed

You're right. checked the guide. Pokemon will no longer air on Cartoon Network after the special. So for American fans, no more Pokemon from February onward, at least on Cartoon Network. And still no airdate for Sun and Moon on Disney XD. Speaking of, Mareanie will probably hug James's head with it's tentacle things. Plus, a Pancake race, and after that, maybe we'll get more of a backstory on Lillie.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM011]

- When Kiawe said to that guy "when have I ever been late?" my immediate thoughts were ​"gee, I wonder if they'll run into issues the next day." ​though it didn't come as much as a surprise that they'd be delayed. That being said, I liked that Team Skull conveniently fell onto their motorcycles after getting hit by Gigavolt Havoc.

- So the Z-Ring Kiawe has was his grandfather's that he got from Olivia after passing her trial

- Mudbray spitting dirt on Ash was amusing.

- Kiawe is a bit overprotective of his little sister when it comes to ranch matters. I can see why though, but I'm sure he'll understand that he can't do it forever.

Speaking of, Mareanie will probably hug James's head with it's tentacle things. Plus, a Pancake race, and after that, maybe we'll get more of a backstory on Lillie.

I feel that the Lillie/Vulpix episode will focus on the two of them, then dealing with a "mysterious shadow" following Lillie on her way home after class.

If anything I'm not sure if we'll see anymore backstory at this stage.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM012]

- Ofc TR bluffe their way through the conversation with Giovanni, though given that Jessie broke the device they spoke of, I don't think Matori/Giovanni will be expecting any updates anytime soon. (until the writers BS another communication device ofc)

- I do like the throwback to the original series with Jessie/James using Ekans/Koffing lures respectively, and Meowth using a golden Meowth lure.

(It was amusing to see their failed attempts at Cloyster/Carvanha respectively especially Cloyster when it swam away spitting out the pokeball)

- Mereanie is fun to watch admittedly, falling for James after doing the thing on his head (I'm guessing it's a female as a result of this), and it isn't too shabby in battle

- Regarding said battle, it had been the subject of debate earlier. Team Rocket were certainly on the verge of beating Ash. Sure they celebrated their "victory", though Mimikyu saw Pikachu trying to get up and went to deliver the final blow... until Bewear showed up. Their pokemon this season are quite decent from what we've seen thus far.

- And they finally decide to make where they've been staying a secret base.

- All in all, for a beach episode, it was as fun as I expected.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM012]

- Ofc TR bluffe their way through the conversation with Giovanni, though given that Jessie broke the device they spoke of, I don't think Matori/Giovanni will be expecting any updates anytime soon. (until the writers BS another communication device ofc)

- I do like the throwback to the original series with Jessie/James using Ekans/Koffing lures respectively, and Meowth using a golden Meowth lure.

(It was amusing to see their failed attempts at Cloyster/Carvanha respectively especially Cloyster when it swam away spitting out the pokeball)

- Mereanie is fun to watch admittedly, falling for James after doing the thing on his head (I'm guessing it's a female as a result of this), and it isn't too shabby in battle

- Regarding said battle, it had been the subject of debate earlier. Team Rocket were certainly on the verge of beating Ash. Sure they celebrated their "victory", though Mimikyu saw Pikachu trying to get up and went to deliver the final blow... until Bewear showed up. Their pokemon this season are quite decent from what we've seen thus far.

- And they finally decide to make where they've been staying a secret base.

- All in all, for a beach episode, it was as fun as I expected.

I agree.

I bet there will come a time where Team Rocket will have had it with Bewear and yell at it to go away, but Bewear will give them the business.

The Pancake episode looks good from where I'm standing.

Pancake episode is probably filler, but yeah. Also appears we have Pikachu displaying how much he hates his evolved form again [though it's not going to result in another hospital trip; presumably].

[spoiler=SM012]

• James captures a Mareanie; sheesh, you're getting 'mons easily that we have to work our asses off for. (Don't get me started on my frantic searches on GTS for one.)
  • Ash got beaten; well, it sucked for Rowlet to be weak to Poison and well, Pikachu got beaten by Mimikyu.
    • Pikachu would've been killed if Bewear didn't take TR back.
  • Yeah...trying to capture a fully evolved 'mon with standard Poke Ball doesn't work here, well least without battling. 
  • As of this episode, TR has 2 Alola 'mons (they did want to capture Bewear eventually, or they claimed to have caught it). Let's see how that ends up.
    • Least they have somewhere to plan stuff out though.

Well it was the subject of debate not long after the episode aired. Though given the condition of Ash's mons, I wouldn't have called it a draw (I'm calling it a technical win).

On another note, can't believe it took me 12 episodes to notice the Alola Dugtrio in the opening.

EDIT (1st February): New episode title

Episode 958: Scratchmark Hill, Rockruff and Lycanroc!! (February 23rd)

So there'll be a one week break on the 16th.

EDIT 2 (2nd February):

[spoiler=SM014 preview thoughts]

(The other egg that Ash brought from Kanto will hatch next week)

Well it was the subject of debate not long after the episode aired. Though given the condition of Ash's mons, I wouldn't have called it a draw (I'm calling it a technical win).

On another note, can't believe it took me 12 episodes to notice the Alola Dugtrio in the opening.

EDIT (1st February): New episode title

Episode 958: Scratchmark Hill, Rockruff and Lycanroc!! (February 23rd)

So there'll be a one week break on the 16th.

EDIT 2 (2nd February):

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM013]

Aside from the filler crap, the egg hatched into Alola Vulpix

(The other egg that Ash brought from Kanto will hatch next week)

Wonder what's in that one?

[spoiler=SM013]

• It was a mostly-filler episode, but ending was important since the egg hatched.
  • Pikachu gets into rivalry with another Raichu. 
  • Out of fairness for Ash and Noa, either one of their 'mons might've won if Bewear didn't interfere with the race. (Speaking of which, just wow)
  • Kiawe's trying to pull something that weighs over 200 kg UPHILL. (Don't you have any other Pokemon that are a lot lighter?)
  • Yeah, Mimikyu got itself DQ'd for trying to hurt Pikachu. 

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM013]

- Mostly filler, until the last minute when the egg hatched into Alola Vulpix, and ofc the ending was adjusted accordingly

- The Pikachu/Raichu rivalry reminded me of Pikachu's Vacation.

- It was interesting to see Alola Muk clear up the fallen pancakes, nice use for them.

- Weight is certainly a factor in this race as Kiawe demonstrated by struggling to drag Turtonator.

- Seems that even Bewear doesn't condone cheating as it removed the fake one at the last second, confuzzling Pikachu/Raichu enough for Komala to steal the win.

- Ofc Mimikyu was gonna get DQ'd for attacking given its hatred for Pikachu. (Jessie didn't think that through tbph)

Wonder what's in that one?

Probs a regular Vulpix or something.

EDIT (7th February): New episode titles

Episode 959: A Tiny Trio on a Big Adventure!! (March 2nd)
Episode 960: Alola Detective Rotom! The Mystery of the Lost Crystal!! (March 9th)

The first episode features Rowlet and Popplio getting lost and running into a wild Litten, whilst the other features Rotomdex turning detective and helping Ash find his Electrium Z after it goes missing

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM014]

- Figured the other egg hatches into a regular Vulpix

- The class unanimously decide Lillie should be the one to keep the Alola Vulpix and she catches it, which she names Shiron.

- Mimikyu is showing signs of refusing to battle anything that isn't Pikachu

- Ash and Mallow aren't the best stalkers in the world given that they lose sight of their target whilst having a conversation.

- Lillie is slowly starting to get over her fear of touching pokemon when she saved Shiron, but other pokemon are a no-go atm.

- I don't fancy Jessie's chances after the hug Bewear gave her  :Kappa:  .

Now we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode.

[spoiler=SM014]

• Yeah, Ash brought over a Kanto Vulpix and Samson Oak keeps that one. 
  • Lillie gets to keep the Alolan one and keeps her original nickname (well, it works)
    • On that note, Shiron's the first Pokemon that Lillie ever gets to touch without being freaked out (though it didn't like people when it hatched)
  • Mimikyu isn't battling non-Pikachus; well, I guess that makes sense. 
  • I don't think Jessie will survive getting hugged by Bewear, if the dex entries are accurate and Bewear has actually crushed people to death with its hugs (even if out of joy). 

I should take this as a hint that I'd better start using the ones I got in Wonder Trade, especially the egg move ones and/or stuff in Beast Balls. (That, or my Snow Warning one that I had to chain for half an hour to find). 

Archived