Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

Think a lot of people are, considering the fact it's jumping over buildings and a bunch of other stuff I'd expect Naruto characters to be doing, but not Pokemon (well, at least to that extreme). 

At this rate, probably going to be a couple of months before Ash even gets to 'Ākala Island for his trials (well, he's been there once to help Kiawe). 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are people who are thinking that Kukui will give Ash Rockruff at some point with regards to the next episode or something.

Think a lot of people are, considering the fact it's jumping over buildings and a bunch of other stuff I'd expect Naruto characters to be doing, but not Pokemon (well, at least to that extreme). 

That and it ran on water as well.

(I implied it running on water too, but then again, not like I've seen characters in that other series do it lately)

OT about Rockruff:

I don't think it'll happen (or Ash can catch one of his own if he visits Ten Carat Hill or something; they shouldn't be that hard for him to get). Then again, we don't know if Rockruff's going to evolve in the next episode (though that's under the assumption S/M is actually going by the dex entries this time, least its Sun one).

Rockruff would be a good choice though for Ash, however I suspect it'd evolve into Midnight form considering both have similar personalities (Midday could work, but dk). Maybe Ash will get that Litten in a future episode, but yeah, just guessing.

In dub news, apparently Disney trolled us. Instead of Sun and Moon, we get reruns of X and Y. Not only that, the reruns change the font style and size not only for the staff at the title song, and the episode titles, but the "To be continued" sign as well, putting it in a black bar. This makes no sense.

Then again, we don't know if Rockruff's going to evolve in the next episode (though that's under the assumption S/M is actually going by the dex entries this time, least its Sun one).

It's not going to evolve; this scan (from the episode after) confirms it: http://imgur.com/3YhVCFN

However I do know both Midday and Midnight forms will appear. The preview showed Midday fighting Midnight with Rockruff watching. (http://imgur.com/cWfOhr3 and http://imgur.com/Ak7B5rQ)

It'll be interesting to see both forms of Lycanroc, though we know Ash isn't catching one anytime soon (or probably won't during the duration of Sun & Moon). He really does need to stock up on his Alola party at this point because Pikachu and Rowlet aren't going to cut it, especially if he wants to challenge the next three trials and Olivia.

As for the thing concerning Disney not airing Sun/Moon, it sucks (did they screw up the licensing agreement or something?), but otherwise not really bothered because I watch subs anyway most of the time. 

New episode titles;

Episode 959: For Real?! Mallow's Cooking Operation! (March 16th)
Episode 960: Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Tapu Koko!! (March 23rd)

Well, we finally get our Mallow-focused episode.

EDIT: Pokémon Fan scans

[spoiler=Mallow Episode]

link

In this episode, Mallow wants to get some Yellow Nectar for Alola stew.

[spoiler=Tapu Koko rematch episode]

link

Scan translation;

[spoiler=Scan translation]

BATTLES: Satoshi re-challenges Kapu-Kokeko!!!

The mysterious Pokémon that gave Satoshi a Z-Ring once he arrived at Melemele Island once again appears! Is it to check Satoshi's strength?! Their second battle will soon begin!!

Kapu-Kokeko:
It has watched over Satoshi ever since he arrived in the Alola region. It is also known as the god of fights.

When battling, it spreads out an "Electric Terrain" that gives Electric type Pokémon the advantage!

It watches over Satoshi?! Another battle with Kapu-Kokeko!!
(start of this sentence is cut off) why did it give Satoshi the Z-Ring? What is the reason it watches over him? Will we get the answers to these questions in this battle...?!

Their previous battle:
Pikachu's Z-Move didn't work on it?!

Satoshi and Pikachu had just received the Z-Ring. They had no idea how to unleash Sparking Gigavolt!

After they fired off the Z-Move, the Electric-Z ended up shattering.

These are the two keys to victory for Satoshi!
This battle is different from their previous one? Satoshi challenges Kapu-Kokeko after having received two power-ups!!
1: A new partner is born!
Satoshi has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Satoshi's strength!
Satoshi gains another partner to grow stronger together with!
(This story airs February 23rd!)
2: The Normal and Electric Z-Crystals!
Satoshi has passed the Island King's trial and Grand Trial and obtained two Z-Crystals! Now he attacks with his fully powered strength!
He can use one Z-Move in a battle! Which will he choose?!

Satoshi: This time we won't lose, Pikachu!!

Link 2

The bloke Ash is battling looks like Japanese comedian Abareru-kun, and is also voiced by him.

These scans make it clear that Ash will obtain Rockruff in the February 23rd episode.

Also, whilst it's not related to Sun/Moon, we have a scan of what Ash will look like in the new movie;

C47jZicWMAA_JJ0.jpg

http://imgur.com/JHlpglPNew episode titles;

Episode 959: For Real?! Mallow's Cooking Operation! (March 16th)

Episode 960: Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Tapu Koko!! (March 23rd)

Well, we finally get our Mallow-focused episode.

EDIT: Pokémon Fan scans

[spoiler=Mallow Episode]

link

In this episode, Mallow wants to get some Yellow Nectar for Alola stew.

[spoiler=Tapu Koko rematch episode]

link

Scan translation;

[spoiler=Scan translation]

BATTLES: Satoshi re-challenges Kapu-Kokeko!!!

The mysterious Pokémon that gave Satoshi a Z-Ring once he arrived at Melemele Island once again appears! Is it to check Satoshi's strength?! Their second battle will soon begin!!

Kapu-Kokeko:

It has watched over Satoshi ever since he arrived in the Alola region. It is also known as the god of fights.

When battling, it spreads out an "Electric Terrain" that gives Electric type Pokémon the advantage!

It watches over Satoshi?! Another battle with Kapu-Kokeko!!

(start of this sentence is cut off) why did it give Satoshi the Z-Ring? What is the reason it watches over him? Will we get the answers to these questions in this battle...?!

Their previous battle:

Pikachu's Z-Move didn't work on it?!

Satoshi and Pikachu had just received the Z-Ring. They had no idea how to unleash Sparking Gigavolt!

After they fired off the Z-Move, the Electric-Z ended up shattering.

These are the two keys to victory for Satoshi!

This battle is different from their previous one? Satoshi challenges Kapu-Kokeko after having received two power-ups!!

1: A new partner is born!

Satoshi has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Satoshi's strength!

Satoshi gains another partner to grow stronger together with!

(This story airs February 23rd!)

2: The Normal and Electric Z-Crystals!

Satoshi has passed the Island King's trial and Grand Trial and obtained two Z-Crystals! Now he attacks with his fully powered strength!

He can use one Z-Move in a battle! Which will he choose?!

Satoshi: This time we won't lose, Pikachu!!

Link 2

The bloke Ash is battling looks like Japanese comedian Abareru-kun, and is also voiced by him.

These scans make it clear that Ash will obtain Rockruff in the February 23rd episode.

Also, whilst it's not related to Sun/Moon, we have a scan of what Ash will look like in the new movie;

C47jZicWMAA_JJ0.jpg

The new Ash in the movie has retained most, if not all, of the design from way back in the mid-90's. Nostalgic fans will love it. Question is, will they do for this movie what Yugioh did for Dark Side of Dimensions? I.e. Bring back Veronica Taylor to be Ash?

Also, It's a little hard to try and calculate how many episodes of the Kalos season will coincide with the airing of Sun and Moon. I know that there are 142 episodes + the 5 specials, but it is hard to calculate. Okay, Monday isney XD airs movies, Tuesday - Friday Pokemon airs at 4 pm, Saturday at 9 am and Saturday and Sunday 9 am and 7:30 pm.

This bit of math is too complex for me but I think the dub of Sun and Moon may air around July 25 this year.

The new Ash in the movie has retained most, if not all, of the design from way back in the mid-90's. Nostalgic fans will love it. Question is, will they do for this movie what Yugioh did for Dark Side of Dimensions? I.e. Bring back Veronica Taylor to be Ash?

I doubt they'll bring back Veronica Taylor for this movie imho.

Also, It's a little hard to try and calculate how many episodes of the Kalos season will coincide with the airing of Sun and Moon. I know that there are 142 episodes + the 5 specials, but it is hard to calculate. Okay, Monday isney XD airs movies, Tuesday - Friday Pokemon airs at 4 pm, Saturday at 9 am and Saturday and Sunday 9 am and 7:30 pm.

This bit of math is too complex for me but I think the dub of Sun and Moon may air around July 25 this year.

They aren't going to change the VA for a character for a single movie. Though I am a little curious if it will be one movie. A retelling of the original series, even if it is SUPER abridged is going to take more than 1.5-2 hours the movie would have. If it isn't that I'm really curious what exactly this movie will end up being.

If they have 4 episodes per work week and 4 more during the weekend thats 8 per week. So 17.75 weeks, or better said some time in June. however I doubt it will be that long before the SM Dub starts. It CAN happen, don't get me wrong, but that would be a massive gap between the Japanese and the English and we already know the dub has a cast. They are likely airing XY stuff while they wait for a buffer of dubbed episodes to be finished.

They aren't going to change the VA for a character for a single movie. Though I am a little curious if it will be one movie. A retelling of the original series, even if it is SUPER abridged is going to take more than 1.5-2 hours the movie would have. If it isn't that I'm really curious what exactly this movie will end up being.

If they have 4 episodes per work week and 4 more during the weekend thats 8 per week. So 17.75 weeks, or better said some time in June. however I doubt it will be that long before the SM Dub starts. It CAN happen, don't get me wrong, but that would be a massive gap between the Japanese and the English and we already know the dub has a cast. They are likely airing XY stuff while they wait for a buffer of dubbed episodes to be finished.

Yeah but are they gonna air what they have so far at once? I thought that we'd go to Alola, not Kalos.

Moving away from the dub (which by Saturday, the UK will have caught up to the US when the last XY episode airs), there is some speculation as to whether Necrozma will appear in the next movie because of the fact Japan's 3rd Sun/Moon TCG sets coming out in June (and TCG sets that come out in Japan in June usually tie-in to that year's movie) feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma as the cover cards.

Personally I'm on the fence regarding that tbph.

EDIT (Thursday):

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM015]

- It was explained that Rockruff wasn't even owned by Kukui and simply stayed at his as a freeloader after Kukui offered it food.

- Rockruff had been going to Clawed Hill, a human-free zone to train against the other pokemon there, losing to Magmar

- After "special training" Rockruff was able to beat Magmar eventually

- And ofc, Ash captures the Rockruff as the magazine scans mentioned.

Moving away from the dub (which by Saturday, the UK will have caught up to the US when the last XY episode airs), there is some speculation as to whether Necrozma will appear in the next movie because of the fact Japan's 3rd Sun/Moon TCG sets coming out in June (and TCG sets that come out in Japan in June usually tie-in to that year's movie) feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma as the cover cards.

Personally I'm on the fence regarding that tbph.

EDIT (Thursday):

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM015]

Just as the magazine scans from a couple of days ago said, Ash catches the Rockruff Kukui was taking care of.

Neat:

[spoiler Ash's future Team]

• Pikachu
  • Dartrix or Decidueye
  • Lycanroc Midday or Midnight.

[spoiler=SM015]

• So Rockruff wasn't even Kukui's Pokemon to begin with, but just lived with him. OK...
    • Also didn't evolve, but that's fine. 
  • Ash catches said Rockruff; well, I was hoping he'd go bigger and get Lycanroc, but this works fine. (Somewhat surprising that Rockruff wasn't owned by anyone)
    • Suppose Ash can evolve it himself later. (Come on Ash, I can already catch level 41-44 Lycanroc without even trying [well, relatively anyway]; what's wrong with you?)
  • Learns Rock Throw; hopefully it gets something better like Rock SLIDE or Stone Edge later on. 
  • We find out why it got beat up in the episode; was training with other 'mons. Well, that'll do it. 
  • Ash does intensive training just to teach it a simple Rock move. 

Neat:

[spoiler Ash's future Team]

• Pikachu
  • Dartrix or Decidueye
  • Lycanroc Midday or Midnight.

[spoiler=Response]

Last two are eventual, but we'll have to see what else he'll catch before they evolve (as much as I want to say Lycanroc will happen sooner than the eventual Decidueye, yeah).

Maybe he'll get a Litten somewhere, but again, we'll have to see. 

Not like there's a lot of stuff Ash can catch right now; outside Alola forms and all.

Midnight Lycanroc might work for Ash's personality, though we know the Midday form is the far superior one.

Probably will be regular time-based like the mechanics for stuff like Espeon/Umbreon, Lucario and the like evolve in previous generations. Yeah, Sun/Moon did introduce time/game-specific stuff this time, but for anime purposes, probably revert it to the standard stuff.

But yeah, Midday form fits Ash better (as far as his battle style goes). 

New trailer for the movie

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM016]

- Popplio and Rowlet end up lost because Bounsweet sneezed and knocked Rowlet into the balloon, whoops

- Nice to see Popplio show some character

- Litten was surprised when Ash asked about Stoutland.

- Team Rocket FINALLY blast off successfully!

Archived