Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

[spoiler=SM016]

• Popplio bouncing Rowlet around in bubbles because it got stuck in Team Rocket's antenna part.
    • Also got most of the action in this episode.
  • Blame Bounsweet for the entire incident. 
  • Team Rocket blasts off for once. 
  • Stoutland and Litten move under a city bridge; ok...
    • Now then, how many people actually know of their existence there?
  • Rowlet needs to stop being dense; probably will be fixed when it evolves. 
  • No one could get the ring off until Ash got there. 
  • Litten came back, didn't answer Ash's query on how Stoutland is doing (it's fine, but still old).

[spoiler possible future scenario]
The old Stoutland passes on but asks Litten to join Ash.

[spoiler=Response]
Probably would be too dark for viewers (though they did have a man pass away in X/Y postgame, so...) Would probably explain how Ash gets to do the Fire Z-move.

We'll see, but yeah.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler SM016 trendbreaking]

It was fairly obvious that the point of this episode was to get the three starters to interact, but I couldn't get over how they had to go about doing it.

On every "find lost Pokemon" episode, what Pokemon does Ash use to find them? His flying Pokemon. And if his flying 'mon is one of the ones that gets lost, it just flies back and guides Ash to any other lost Pokemon. With this episode, however, since Rowlett was one of the lost 'mon, they had to force it to be grounded essentially rendering it useless.

The episode itself was entertaining enough, but I guess I just couldn't get over that forced bit of plot.

[spoiler=SM016]

• Popplio bouncing Rowlet around in bubbles because it got stuck in Team Rocket's antenna part.
    • Also got most of the action in this episode.
  • Blame Bounsweet for the entire incident. 
  • Team Rocket blasts off for once. 
  • Stoutland and Litten move under a city bridge; ok...
    • Now then, how many people actually know of their existence there?
  • Rowlet needs to stop being dense; probably will be fixed when it evolves. 
  • No one could get the ring off until Ash got there. 
  • Litten came back, didn't answer Ash's query on how Stoutland is doing (it's fine, but still old).

[spoiler=Response]

Probably would be too dark for viewers (though they did have a man pass away in X/Y postgame, so...) Would probably explain how Ash gets to do the Fire Z-move.

We'll see, but yeah.

And don't forget, the Zygarde arc in XY and Z went to some pretty dark places.

[spoiler SM016 trendbreaking]

It was fairly obvious that the point of this episode was to get the three starters to interact, but I couldn't get over how they had to go about doing it.

On every "find lost Pokemon" episode, what Pokemon does Ash use to find them? His flying Pokemon. And if his flying 'mon is one of the ones that gets lost, it just flies back and guides Ash to any other lost Pokemon. With this episode, however, since Rowlett was one of the lost 'mon, they had to force it to be grounded essentially rendering it useless.

The episode itself was entertaining enough, but I guess I just couldn't get over that forced bit of plot.

[spoiler=Response]

I never thought of it that way. Though to be fair, it porbs didn't occur to me as I was watching the episode.

[spoiler Preview]

Kiawe gets super red-eyes mad at Ash and has Turtonator use Inferno Overdrive on him.

[spoiler=Response]

Pretty sure they're just flames in the background and not Turtonator.

Though if you want mad, look at Rotom. That thing's wearing a wig. Utterly bonkers.

[spoiler=Response]

Pretty sure they're just flames in the background and not Turtonator.

Though if you want mad, look at Rotom. That thing's wearing a wig. Utterly bonkers.

No remember when May got mad as soon as she arrived in Sinnoh's 7 star restaurant? That scared me when I saw it.

Didn't bother me either, though I didn't see it until maybe I was 16-17 (because no cable TV and thus no access to CN). Either that, or didn't know that it'd be online, but that's another discussion.

Preview for next episode didn't phase me. 

And don't forget, the Zygarde arc in XY and Z went to some pretty dark places.

Obviously...

• Ash was levitated above Lumiose Tower along with the rest of his 'mons. (I'd make a note about The Incredibles movie doing the same thing, but that's 12 years ago, and western viewers have probably gotten touchier since then. Wonder what the dub did with this whole arc anyway.)
  • Lysandre is effectively dead (assuming Puni-chan and Z2 combined annihilated him with Core Punisher; likely true)
  • Citroid sacrificed self (but got rebuilt)
    • Eureka almost got killed in same episode.

Didn't bother me either, though I didn't see it until maybe I was 16-17 (because no cable TV and thus no access to CN). Either that, or didn't know that it'd be online, but that's another discussion.

Preview for next episode didn't phase me. 

Obviously...

• Ash was levitated above Lumiose Tower along with the rest of his 'mons. (I'd make a note about The Incredibles movie doing the same thing, but that's 12 years ago, and western viewers have probably gotten touchier since then. Wonder what the dub did with this whole arc anyway.)
  • Lysandre is effectively dead (assuming Puni-chan and Z2 combined annihilated him with Core Punisher; likely true)
  • Citroid sacrificed self (but got rebuilt)
    • Eureka almost got killed in same episode.

Nonetheless, if it was me, and Kiawe got that mad at me, I'd rent a sub and stay underwater until the heat died down. No pun intended.

Nothing wrong with that, though if that was me and I did that, people would probs call me a pussy.

EDIT (Tuesday 7th): New episode titles

Episode 964: The Promise Between Ash and Pikachu (April 6th)
Episode 965: It is Time for Litten to Set Off! (April 6th)

There will be a one-week break on the 30th..

So the current thinking is, Ash will probs capture Litten in SM021 as the Stoutland is getting weaker.

As for the other episode, Ash and Pikachu will see a shining pokemon floating in the sky. I will say this though, the anime turns 20 on April 1st, so the first episode is pretty much likely to celebrate 20 years of the anime.

Nothing wrong with that, though if that was me and I did that, people would probs call me a pussy.

EDIT (Tuesday 7th): New episode titles

Episode 964: The Promise Between Ash and Pikachu (April 6th)

Episode 965: It is Time for Litten to Set Off! (April 6th)

There will be a one-week break on the 30th..

So the current thinking is, Ash will probs capture Litten in SM021 as the Stoutland is getting weaker.

As for the other episode, Ash and Pikachu will see a shining pokemon floating in the sky. I will say this though, the anime turns 20 on April 1st, so the first episode is pretty much likely to celebrate 20 years of the anime.

In the meantime, the latest episode happened

[spoiler Nightmare fuel]

Red-eyes Kiawe attacks Ash

[spoiler=Response]

Well, you know how Kiawe is with regards to Z-moves. He had to defeat Olivia for his Z-ring and stuff; Ash just got it from Tapu Koko. And knowing that Ash was careless enough to lose something that important will certainly drive Kiawe up the wall.

Moral of the story: DON'T misplace your Z-Ring/Crystals.

[spoiler=Episode stuff]

Probably just me, but outside finding Ash's Z-Crystal, Rotom was cringeworthy this episode; well, least for his detective impersonation. Otherwise, I suppose this shows it getting upgraded, so...

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM017]

- Outside finding the Z Crystal (that it was unaware was in its wig) and getting a useful upgrade after intruding the TV station, Rotom was rather cringeworthy, though the gang not trying to let Kiawe find out about the Z Crystal was cringeworthy as well.

EDIT (Thursday 16th)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM018]

- Rather interesting to see the debut of the Baile style Oricorio sine that is usually found on Ula'ula island.

- Did not expect an evolution in this episode though; Mallow's Bounsweet evolving that is.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM017]

- Outside finding the Z Crystal (that it was unaware was in its wig) and getting a useful upgrade after intruding the TV station, Rotom was rather cringeworthy, though the gang not trying to let Kiawe find out about the Z Crystal was cringeworthy as well.

EDIT (Thursday 16th)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM018]

- Rather interesting to see the debut of the Baile style Oricorio sine that is usually found on Ula'ula island.

- Did not expect an evolution in this episode though; Mallow's Bounsweet evolving that is.

How scary accurate are we?

[spoiler Elaboration]

I mean, I saw the preview and it looked like Bounsweet would evolve and when the episode aired she did.

[spoiler=Response]

When I saw the preview, I got no such impressions, hence why I said I d​idn't expect an evolution.

Ofc I've yet to see the episode technically, I only found out about the evo by stupidly going on bulbapedia (curse my curiosity after going on Serebii).

[spoiler=SM018 thoughts]

• Bounsweet evolved; well, that's something, I guess.
    • Thought she'd be catching a Oricorio, but meh.
  • Mallow asked Pikachu to Thunderbolt the food she made; uh, just why?
  • Team Rocket has their base finished.
  • Something about honey to make food taste good.

Note that subbers didn't have it ready, so had to watch RAWs. We'll see how accurate I am once subs do come out.

[spoiler=SM018 thoughts]

• Bounsweet evolved; well, that's something, I guess.
    • Thought she'd be catching a Oricorio, but meh.
  • Mallow asked Pikachu to Thunderbolt the food she made; uh, just why?
  • Team Rocket has their base finished.
  • Something about honey to make food taste good.

Note that subbers didn't have it ready, so had to watch RAWs. We'll see how accurate I am once subs do come out.

[spoiler response]

I bet Bewear trashed TR's stuff.

Anyway:

mallow.png

Happy St. Patty's day.

These guys are a better representative for St. Patrick's day imo;

tumblr_o4tgkeeIuZ1taibz9o1_500.gif

Bulbasaur and Meowth appearing to be drunk.

EDIT: (23rd)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM019]

- Not surprised Ash vs Tapu Koko ended without a clear winner tbph

Now we wait 2 weeks for Tapu Lele's debut as part of the 1-hour special.

These guys are a better representative for St. Patrick's day imo;

tumblr_o4tgkeeIuZ1taibz9o1_500.gif

Bulbasaur and Meowth appearing to be drunk.

EDIT: (23rd)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM019]

- Not surprised Ash vs Tapu Koko ended without a clear winner tbph

Now we wait 2 weeks for Tapu Lele's debut as part of the 1-hour special.

Speaking of Tapu Lele, will Olivia also make her first official appearance?

Yeah, not expecting Olivia to show up for a while; least for the next few months. Still need to see how Ash will take on the starter trio trials (I'll call them this because the Z-Crystals form the collective Types of them), considering Kiawe, Mallow and Lana are Ash's classmates. 

[spoiler=SM019 thoughts]

• Ash beats a Mudbray with Rockruff's Z-move; okay, next.
  • Ash eats hot malasadas w/out waiting for them to cool down; typical. (And yes, we do have malasada places in this state and they're good at it)
  • Match ends without a clear winner; meh. 
  • Ash jumps over the ledge to save Pikachu and requires Tapu Koko to save him. 

Archived