[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

@winter He said he would, and in certain circumstances he can, but will he?My point is, I don't trust trump.

I mean what do you want from the man. He's running against the Zodiac. If he puts out a more liberal tax policy (I honestly think his policy will be more liberal than Bernie ie. Cuts for the Middleclass, raise for the tops). Sucks for my fam but w/e

If it turns out not to be the case, I'll happily vote for the dem

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this doesn't come as a surprise? Especially in the case of Cruz, where anyone with a basic understanding of maths will realise a flat tax rate will be more beneficial for the people who had a higher tax rate before that.

How anyone could consider Cruz a serious candidate is beyond me. Trump's campaign is a whirlwind of confusion, untruths and unrealistic expectation so I can see why people could support him because they've been fed lies or are assuming things will happen under a Trump presidency that are out of character with his campaign, but Cruz's campaign sets out quite clearly what moronic sheet he wants to introduce yet people still vote for him.

edit: also, how has it taken for this long for someone to seriously crunch the numbers on Trump's tax plan? Clearly not enough people are taking his campaign seriously, which is to be expected because the majority of what he goes on about is populist bluster without much substance. I've always thought that Clinton would smash Trump in an election, barring an indictment or some other scandal or whatever else, simply because she's an actual politician and will be able to give much, much better answers to the really hard questions which haven't been posed to Trump yet but will eventually come up during the presidential race.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/donald-trump-leads-cruz-15-points-crucial-indiana-race-n565356'

Hopefully this seals the deal on Cruz, esp with talks of Trump stealing Montana and crossing 50 in Cali

Surely this doesn't come as a surprise? Especially in the case of Cruz, where anyone with a basic understanding of maths will realise a flat tax rate will be more beneficial for the people who had a higher tax rate before that.

How anyone could consider Cruz a serious candidate is beyond me. Trump's campaign is a whirlwind of confusion, untruths and unrealistic expectation so I can see why people could support him because they've been fed lies or are assuming things will happen under a Trump presidency that are out of character with his campaign, but Cruz's campaign sets out quite clearly what moronic sheet he wants to introduce yet people still vote for him.

edit: also, how has it taken for this long for someone to seriously crunch the numbers on Trump's tax plan? Clearly not enough people are taking his campaign seriously, which is to be expected because the majority of what he goes on about is populist bluster without much substance. I've always thought that Clinton would smash Trump in an election, barring an indictment or some other scandal or whatever else, simply because she's an actual politician and will be able to give much, much better answers to the really hard questions which haven't been posed to Trump yet but will eventually come up during the presidential race.

Because Trump's policy doesn't match what he's saying on the trail. One is a more liberal policy than even Sanders and the other is the mess that Dad linked

It's unclear which one is the real deal.

I want him not to say two vastly different things or avoid direct answers most of the time. Really it's hard to keep up with how Trump "believes" this week, so what are his current stances?

It's hard to beat someone like Ted unless you're willing to fluctuate to the regions.

Based on his past track record, I'd say he's pro wealth tax, socially liberal w/ exception for abortion, where he's reasonable

WELL BOYS.  EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY IS BACK.  AND IF I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HISTORY AND PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, TRUMP v HILARY IS INCOMING.

No apologies for caps.  That's totally relevant.  Deal with it.

WELL BOYS. EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY IS BACK. AND IF I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HISTORY AND PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, TRUMP v HILARY IS INCOMING.

No apologies for caps. That's totally relevant. Deal with it.

Trump was ready used in the Christmas Carol one. And from Ted Cruz dropping, the GOP primary is over.

Trump was ready used in the Christmas Carol one. And from Ted Cruz dropping, the GOP primary is over.

WELL BOYS. EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY IS BACK. AND IF I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HISTORY AND PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, TRUMP v HILARY IS INCOMING.

No apologies for caps. That's totally relevant. Deal with it.

You know, I can't stand how people keep ignoring the one guy who wouldn't give up who now could benefit a lot from Cruz's dropout. The anti-Trump GOPers basically have to rally behind Kasich at this point.

Ted Cruz dropped out.

This means John Kasich is practically the last hope for GOPers who want Trump to be stopped.

Good. Now we don't have to worry about that nutjob taking office at least for now.

As for Trump, eh, still don't like him, and still don't want him to take office, but, we've averted someone who would probably be even worse in office, so really, aside from the fact that Trump simply being in office would further tarnish the country's already poor global image, I'm not too worried anymore.

I detest a majority of the GOP, but Kasich seems pretty good. Though, the odds of him beating Trump now are....kinda slim imo.

You know, I can't stand how people keep ignoring the one guy who wouldn't give up who now could benefit a lot from Cruz's dropout. The anti-Trump GOPers basically have to rally behind Kasich at this point.

Time is not on Kaisch's side though. I hate to say it, but Trump practically won tonight. Kasich has to pull a Leicester City to win the nomination atm.

EDIT: Sanders won Indiana BTW. Keep swinging, mate.

At least Cruz is out of this race for now; if I haven't already said it before, I hate that guy A LOT. But yeah, you might as well call Trump the nominee for the Republican nominee at this point; his lead is pretty much impossible to even catch (unless the delegates switch over at the convention). 

Granted, Kasich isn't provocative (he and Rubio were the only ones I pretty much was fine with because of that), but yeah he needs a miracle to even get it (and it's likely not going to happen).

Time is not on Kaisch's side though. I hate to say it, but Trump practically won tonight. Kasich has to pull a Leicester City to win the nomination atm.

EDIT: Sanders won Indiana BTW. Keep swinging, mate.

Kasich's best chance now (And I speak very generously) is getting a brokered convention, but that plan could easily be screwed halfway through June's primary day.

Well, this leaves the Democrats. Sanders is still in the race and I am really pissed at how the media keeps claiming a Sanders nomination impossible; for me it's just propaganda designed to attack Sanders.

Archived