• Pepsi Man
    • Skullbriar
    • Vivian
    • Smile
    • Lung Tien Lien
    • Chara
    • The Riddler
    • Other set

I was lien, it was an interesting experience, but considering how close she is to my normal persona, i doubt there's anybody who didn't know that. not to mention that slip-up in the honesty neos thread.

as for my favorite monster, elizabeth. i would have loved to have a duel as individual monsters, but duel portal broke for me at the time, and still doesn't work sadly.

I really wanted to duel you too. It was a shame the Portal couldn't work on your end, but I'm not so sure that even if did work, that you would want to face against D/Ds with a 16000 LP start as my aura.  :Kappa:

Now, if you excuse me, I have a presidential campaign to finish.

Though, will there be a thread to discuss future improvements that could have been made?

And how do I change my custom group name?

I think your performance was quite immaculate.  I'll change it for you.  What do you want it to be?  PM me.

I really wanted to duel you too. It was a shame the Portal couldn't work on your end, but I'm not so sure that even if did work, that you would want to face against D/Ds with a 16000 LP start as my aura.  :Kappa:

Eh? i would have expected Spellbooks considering her motif.

Blue eyes was my deck ability being active so long as i control a level 8+ monster. all monsters summoned lose 200ATKxlevel, with paralysis and destruction to anything weakened sufficiently. I can do more than enough damage to counter high life points under those conditions, although as i learned in my earlier (and only working) duel, using a deck you've never used before as your persona deck, can lead to far more misplays than intended. would have still been fun though. if the site ever works for me again i'd still be up for a game.

Eh? i would have expected Spellbooks considering her motif.

Blue eyes was my deck ability being active so long as i control a level 8+ monster. all monsters summoned lose 200ATKxlevel, with paralysis and destruction to anything weakened sufficiently. I can do more than enough damage to counter high life points under those conditions, although as i learned in my earlier (and only working) duel, using a deck you've never used before as your persona deck, can lead to far more misplays than intended. would have still been fun though. if the site ever works for me again i'd still be up for a game.

I used D/D since most of the Extra Deck stuff resembles Person as mostly and the elemental moves and abilities were based off them (Genghis = Surt/Maragidyne, Alexander = Chu Calainn/Magarudyne, etc). Also 16000 LP fit for her boss stature and D/Ds were not only immensely strong but also worked off high LP too. If I knew how build Eidolon I could have used it too.

Though your aura would sound scary enough if it were Blue Eyes. Nerfing power below 3k seems a bit much unless you have removal cards.

*sup!

*just by the obvious font style...take a wild guess...

*yeah i was sans the skeleton...

*also heard that many of you thought YUI was me...which makes me think i played sans well enough!

xD

You did very good indeed. I thought Yui was sans but ended up as Chara anyway so close enough~

This is the only monster I got right, and it was because of a blunder.

Yeah, a slight blunder on my part.

However, Black did say in spite of that, since my challenge was pretty straight forward, it wouldn't matter xD

You did very good indeed. I thought Yui was sans but ended up as Chara anyway so close enough~

Thanks!

He kept telling me about how everyone thought he was Sans and we both were rolling xD

I used D/D since most of the Extra Deck stuff resembles Person as mostly and the elemental moves and abilities were based off them (Genghis = Surt/Maragidyne, Alexander = Chu Calainn/Magarudyne, etc). Also 16000 LP fit for her boss stature and D/Ds were not only immensely strong but also worked off high LP too. If I knew how build Eidolon I could have used it too.

Though your aura would sound scary enough if it were Blue Eyes. Nerfing power below 3k seems a bit much unless you have removal cards.

i went down the fair route though. i made it hit everything. my own monsters as well. in fact, i screwed myself over in my duel with tyretian. i should have just hit the opponent's field, but as i've said before, i hate unfair advantages, so i wanted to challenge myself harder during the contest.

If you could not guess that I was Kyuubi then I question your sanity. Yeah didnt even really try to get one that was hard to guess but I wanted to do it because I thought id have fun and I did when I actually felt motivated to do it, I really dont know why but recently its been hard for me to get myself to do certain things. When I did get myself finally more motivated to be consistent it was a little too late but I still dont think I was a bad monster at all and I hope you guys enjoyed the narcissistic fox spirit furry wet dream character that I went as.

How long did it take you to create these images

The actual template took me about ten minutes total between cropping a dialogue box out of an actual Undertale screenshot, finding the font, positioning two different text layers (one with asterisks and one without), then getting the position of Chara's portrait juuuuuuust right. The actual portrait was VCR_CAT's doing; I contacted him about a week before the event began and got him to make a couple face portraits for Chara that reflected the official Undertale style, even using Flowey's portraits as reference for the normal smile. The hard part wasn't making the template, but using it.

Chara had very eloquent and/or elaborate phrasing that didn't use contracted words and seldom called people out by name. On top of using British spelling (a minor measure to keep people off my back for guesses), I had to make a point to use at least one word with three syllables in every box. This meant that my typing space per box was pretty tight; if you go back and review, a lot of Chara's dialogue had sentences that were split into two boxes because I simply couldn't fit his entire sentence into one. Between getting the speech style down, fitting it into as few boxes as possible, making sure I typed into the right speech layer, then uploading them all to a second imgur account I made for the sole purpose of playing as Chara once the batch was done, I'd say each box took somewhere from 15-40 seconds.

When Chara claimed to lose the format last night, that was actually a lie. The truth was that I didn't think I'd be able to keep up with and post in the ARG thread quickly enough with the default, so I simply dropped the gimmick for a night. As my post here can confirm, the dialogue format is still safe and sound, and I'm not getting rid of it just yet, if ever. Might come in handy next year ^_~

Great work with the dialogue boxes. It really added to the immersiveness of the whole event.

Frank, your special game to hand out your clue - the one where people had to say who they were voting for and why - was genius. I didn't personally enter, but I would have if I took the event more seriously.

Finally, Black: Thank you so much for organising the event. I enjoyed it, especially the special effects!

Great work with the dialogue boxes. It really added to the immersiveness of the whole event.

Thanks. I was considering uploading the xcf somewhere so everyone could see just what was going on behind the scenes, but where's the fun in that? :)

However, I did want to present a more visual representation of how the process worked, so I took a screenshot of the layers window and the box itself in GIMP. Here's a quick glimpse at how my GIMP looked for 95% of its active usage during the masquerade.

ba2ae6a1bdebee8cb6e2ddc02a496452.png

In retrospect, I could have just set up the three asterisks as separate layers then toggle them all on or off as needed. Might do that and maybe some other tweaks if I see they're needed over the next year or so.

2n0bD2w.png?2wish i culda psosted more :'(

Yeah, I had a relapse in anxiety/depression crap in the middle of the event, and needed to take some time away from stuff, which sucked. I legitimately had fun playing this character, and went through a LOT of prep to get ready (25+ reaction pics that I had to glean from the original tumblr page of askdotflowtp, with editing and other crap involved. IT'S A LOT MORE WORK THAN YOU THINK!) I mean, I also felt the event maybe went a little too long, but that has nothing to do with my inactivity. Also, it was both painful and hella hard to really screw up typing that much. ALL THE DIFFERENT WAYS I HAD TO THINK OF TO SPELL BANANBNANBNABNANANGNBNNANA

JUST REMEMBER, DON'T BE CRY!!

Greetings smegheads

Ya, I was Dave Lister. Yes I could've done more, but I thought I stayed true to the character as Lister is lazy, unmotivated so I felt the activity when I was online as him reflected this.

This reminds me. Of all the characters of all time why Dave? I Googled him and couldn't for the life of me understand what would make someone pick him as a monster. XD

Not saying it was bad or anything I just cannot fathom where the thought came to do this.

I should have guessed you so much earlier. Also I still appreciate the "translation" joke, that was gold. It's good you didn't post too much I would never have been able to keep up

I came in pretty late as the Skeleton King...I replaced Kevin as a Boss Monster...

But since I hate yugioh, the only card game I wanted to play was Hearthstone!

It was fun!  Hope to do better next year!

I wish I knew you played Hearthstone. Cause Skeleton King gave me extreme Taiga vibes sometimes.

This reminds me. Of all the characters of all time why Dave? I Googled him and couldn't for the life of me understand what would make someone pick him as a monster. XD

Not saying it was bad or anything I just cannot fathom where the thought came to do this.

I thought I'd pick a character from a show (or game) that I like that I haven't mentioned liking on the forum. I never mentioned that I like Red Dwarf so I thought that could up the difficulty, though in retrospect I should've chosen something from outside the UK.

Archived