US Trump Administration Discussion Thread

cr47t

Oh sure, I'm just a supporter of Nationalism, I don't really care what race comprises the movement

It seems to me that you may be confusing nationalism with patriotism. Nationalism tends to be based on ethnic identity, which is something that you were born into, and is compromised of sharing a common culture with someone, and tends to be inherently political, since many have political aspirations, such as the french speaking population of Quebec, which is their own ethnic group. Many wanted to secede from Canada during the mid 1900s. This is in similar vein with Algeria. citizenship is purely political and can be changed unlike an ethnic identity. Citizenship is the relation that an individual has to the state, and the allegiance they swear to it. Citizenship is the basis of patriotism, also known as the pride one has for their country. This is prevalent in multicultural countries like the U.S. where your ethnicity has little to do with your devotion to the country. People who are patriotic also have pride in their countries' political systems and promote and defend it. Also nationalism in multicultural countries tends to divide people, which results in ethnic tension.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jews were subjugated by white nationalists, so if you're going to make anti-Semitic remarks by citing your support for white nationalists, you might as well say "It's okay for me to cite someone being Jewish as the problem, because I like the umbrella that Nazis coincidentally fall under." I disagree with the concept of seeing a "white nationalist" as a nationalist and then white, as if those two parts are somehow separate. If anything, calling it "nationalism" is just a pretense. A more appropriate term would be white supremacy. You cannot have one without the other, which isn't the same being a renegade who happens to be a Jew. A "renegade Jew" is someone who has one identity while also holding another, yet entirely separate identity. A white nationalist explicitly uses their racial identity as their "nationalism", so both identities are one and the same.

Apple going to consider making Iphones in America again. 35% Tariff threats from PEOTUS is scary

House Speaker Paul Ryan backs term limits now too

Jews were subjugated by white nationalists, so if you're going to make anti-Semitic remarks by citing your support for white nationalists, you might as well say "It's okay for me to cite someone being Jewish as the problem, because I like the umbrella that Nazis coincidentally fall under." I disagree with the concept of seeing a "white nationalist" as a nationalist and then white, as if those two parts are somehow separate. If anything, calling it "nationalism" is just a pretense. A more appropriate term would be white supremacy. You cannot have one without the other, which isn't the same being a renegade who happens to be a Jew. A "renegade Jew" is someone who has one identity while also holding another, yet entirely separate identity. A white nationalist explicitly uses their racial identity as their "nationalism", so both identities are one and the same.

Mate, the guy who wrote the Renegade Jew headline....was a jew

These funking anti-Semites amirite

Bannon is a huge Zionist to boot too

Edit:

Trump names Jeff Sessions AG.
Mike Flynn is national security director.
Mike Pompeo is CIA director.

CxjcOlBWEAAX25G.jpg

Yeezus has seen the light of Orange Jesus

I wasn't sure what to expect considering how Republicans are usually portrayed/viewed but this guy is an unapologetic racist douchebag. 

Couple of things there, firstly, not gonna defend the guy on most aspects. I don't like him as a person, but appreciate he stood by my president. 

But...the deal with the "boy" and KKK jokes, even the black lawyer who made those claims affirmed that he was joking

Personally not my pick, I wanted either Ted, Gowdy, or Rudy. But he pro-police atleast

I'm giddy about the other two picks, Flynn lines up with my foreign policy ideology amazingly 

And Rep. Mike Pompeo is staunch america first type CIA director. 

[spoiler=hottakes]

CxiGRGIXcAAFIKY.jpg

Edit:

One good thing about AG is he's been hard on Illegal immigration so far, so while he's probs not gonna be nice about my marriage rights, atleast he'll enforce the border and crack down on Sanctuary cities

Very much impressed by Trump admin thus far. So far all confirmed Cabinet picks are true to the MAGA movement.

I was weary at first but Pompeo, Priebus, Flynn, and Bannon are forming a core loyal to Trump and to the people. Still am weary about Sessions on a fair number of matter, but I'll get over it

The story that the MSM won't cover is that Trump has become President, and not only has it not been catastrophic, things are getting BETTER.

Media: Trump will lose Republicans the Senate

*Republicans beat odds and hold Senate*

Media: Trump win will cause Brexit style stock market crash

*Record stock market rally and GDP growth forecast best since Bush*

Media: Trump will abandon our allies like Japan and Israel

*Abe and Netanyahu personally congratulate Trump win and praise Trump diplomacy, and say they now have renewed confidence in America*

Media: Trump won't be able to build the wall or change NAFTA

*Nieto open to negotiate wall, Trudeau offers negotiations on NAFTA*

Media: Trump can't bring jobs back, can't reverse globalism

*TPP already dead, Ford and Apple already bringing jobs back to the US*

I'm very happy

Couple of things there, firstly, not gonna defend the guy on most aspects

But, the deal with the "boy" and KKK jokes, even the black lawyer who made those claims affirmed that he was joking

You did read the part where he told Thomas Figures to "“be careful what you say to white folks”, right? Because that part doesn't seem to be a "joke".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/specter-of-race-shadows-jeff-sessions-potential-trump-nominee-for-cabinet.html?_r=1

Like Tentacruel said, Sessions is unapologetically racist. You can make a racist "joke", but being a joke doesn't make it any less racist.

You did read the part where he told Thomas Figures to "“be careful what you say to white folks”, right? Because that part doesn't seem to be a "joke".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/specter-of-race-shadows-jeff-sessions-potential-trump-nominee-for-cabinet.html?_r=1

Like Tentacruel said, Sessions is unapologetically racist. You can make a racist "joke", but being a joke doesn't make it any less racist.

Saddening, again would have preferred Cruz, Rudy or Gowdy

The fact he /was/ a war-hawk bothers me more though. You know how I felt about HRC and Russia, it would be hypocritical for me not to condemn Trump's pick for similar rhetoric in the past

I'm just seeing the silver lining in Preibus, Bannon, Flynn, and Pompeo atm

Hoping that the other 2 are indeed Keane for Defense and Romney for State. Love Rudy, but he should have been AG, not SOS

Edit:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/18/10-things-to-know-about-sen-jeff-sessions-donald-trumps-pick-for-attorney-general/

I read this and I hope that I'm wrong about him

Edit2:

Planned Parenthood’s 2014–15 annual report.

Adoption referrals: 2,024
Abortions: 323,999

One adoption referral for every 160 abortions.

God help us....

quickly before leaving, brexit is probably responsible for our stock bouncing as quickly as i has. thinking back, we all saw what happened there, and i assume some of the smarter investors remembered as much, and pounced on the drop to make a strong profit. seriously, pretty much everything we saw with brexit was reflected here, and since we already saw it before, it was like playing a game after reading the walkthrough. not too many surprises when you've already read the script.

secondly, winter, from that link on jeff sessions, i think i like the guy already. his stance on immigration is reasonable, he's not against wages rising, which seems to be a large issue i've heard about in my work and in the old neighborhood, he's somewhat known for playing along with dems to get things done, which will soften any hard feelings if he can bring that to the front of his proposals and actions, and he's a strong offset to trumps wily spending plans. the people in his home state love him enough to elect him multiple times, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

his position on climate change is very worrying, but you cant have it all, and i really don't care if people think he's racist, because i'm sick of identity politics. all in all, the guy's a strong pick. let's see what he can do to fix up trump's tax plans.

By the way, you said a couple days ago that you don't consider Breitbart a fair source. Remind me, which site is Stephen Bannon the executive chairman of?

It's not about Breitbart, Bannon is a politically savvy wartime consigliere. He's pro-Israel, and hates certain aspects of the GOP that I hate.

Breitbart is a trump echo-chamber just like Slate and Huffpo are for the left.   

quickly before leaving, brexit is probably responsible for our stock bouncing as quickly as i has. thinking back, we all saw what happened there, and i assume some of the smarter investors remembered as much, and pounced on the drop to make a strong profit. seriously, pretty much everything we saw with brexit was reflected here, and since we already saw it before, it was like playing a game after reading the walkthrough. not too many surprises when you've already read the script.

secondly, winter, from that link on jeff sessions, i think i like the guy already. his stance on immigration is reasonable, he's not against wages rising, which seems to be a large issue i've heard about in my work and in the old neighborhood, he's somewhat known for playing along with dems to get things done, which will soften any hard feelings if he can bring that to the front of his proposals and actions, and he's a strong offset to trumps wily spending plans. the people in his home state love him enough to elect him multiple times, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

his position on climate change is very worrying, but you cant have it all, and i really don't care if people think he's racist, because i'm sick of identity politics. all in all, the guy's a strong pick. let's see what he can do to fix up trump's tax plans.

I don't care as much about the race thing as his old views on Russia...and war...I voted against HRC to avoid war, and I don't wanna see it happening now. But AG means he won't have much to do with foreign policy.

We'll have to see the Sec Def and SoS picks

I don't care as much about the race thing as his old views on Russia...and war...I voted against HRC to avoid war, and I don't wanna see it happening now. But AG means he won't have much to do with foreign policy.

We'll have to see the Sec Def and SoS picks

race baiting is the way things have gone all this election sadly. as for russia, even if he had a say, i don't think he'd be all that eager for war atm, that's something that not too many americans would be happy to hear from either party.

you know what, somethting in me hopes he nominates a few democrats. not because of any actual chances of it happening, but because i'd love to see that kind of cross-party reaching, it'd clearly show he means business on uniting the parties, instead of just lipservice.

race baiting is the way things have gone all this election sadly. as for russia, even if he had a say, i don't think he'd be all that eager for war atm, that's something that not too many americans would be happy to hear from either party.

you know what, somethting in me hopes he nominates a few democrats. not because of any actual chances of it happening, but because i'd love to see that kind of cross-party reaching, it'd clearly show he means business on uniting the parties, instead of just lipservice.

General Flynn is a democrat actually 

He's meeting with Schumer a lot, but I hear his Education Sec might be a dem too

https://gop.com/survey/cabinet-survey/

If you guys feel strongly you can use this ^^

[spoiler=schumer]

CxkBeTaXgAAJKo2.jpg

Senate Minority (D-NY) leader's statement 

Statement from Bannon

[spoiler=bannon]

CxkJGqDXEAA9elV.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-bannon-trump-tower-interview-trumps-strategist-plots-new-political-movement-948747?utm_source=twitter

Honestly an amazing read, you asked why I love the guy Roxas, it's because his vision is truly wondrous 

A phobia is an irrational fear. It's not irrational to fear Islam as they practice it in the Middle East

The thing is the way these people word it (and , to an extent, how you worded that quote (somewhat)) is basically saying everyone practices it the way they do in the Middle East. That's just not true.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-appointees-islam-radicalism-231647

Concerining if you side with those who don't associate the extremist miniroty of Islan with the whole of Islam

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/11/17/the-north-pole-is-an-insane-36-degrees-warmer-than-normal-as-winter-descends/

#climatechange what would/should trump do?

the first link isn't right, but it's not wrong either, this would probably be better taken to the islam thread, but since it's president related, i guess it'll do to post it here

[spoiler=my thoughts on islam as it relates to the trump and his cabinet]

his views are correct, islam might be peace, but it's not really compatible with america at its purest form. islam, like pretty much all other religions, comes with it's own set of rules, such as Shari'a law, among other additional rules linked with islam via script and outside verses, and many of those rules do indeed contradict the values of america (as do those of religions like christianity, among other religions, but they have all bent inwards significantly since the times where they were as much at odds with america as islam is today). now, when the rules and values of america come into contact with those of islam, there are parts that don't fit, and as i assume you know, something's gotta give. trump and flynn are of the view that the values of islam are what have to give, and i am in full agreement, but this has been taken out of context many times, to te point where the lie itself has a life of it's own, and has embedded itself into pretty much everything relating to trump and islam.

trump does not appear to hate islam, flynn also does not seem to hate islam, but his stance is indeed a hardline one: "if you come to america, you are expected to become an american" and that means placing the rules and values of america above those of any dieties you may wish to worship. those of the islamic persuasion, are rather well known for not agreeing with said views. and regardless of how it sounds, that is something that needs to be handled promptly, to prevent situations like those we see in germany and all across europe. his stance is to place americans first, and to be wary of those coming in, to ensure those immigrating from that region of the world, are coming over to become americans, and hold american values. that's something i find i can agree with fully.

as for the climate change issue, i think i've made my thoughts known on that topic.

the first link isn't right, but it's not wrong either, this would probably be better taken to the islam thread, but since it's president related, i guess it'll do to post it here

[spoiler=my thoughts on islam as it relates to the trump and his cabinet]

his views are correct, islam might be peace, but it's not really compatible with america at its purest form. islam, like pretty much all other religions, comes with it's own set of rules, such as Shari'a law, among other additional rules linked with islam via script and outside verses, and many of those rules do indeed contradict the values of america (as do those of religions like christianity, among other religions, but they have all bent inwards significantly since the times where they were as much at odds with america as islam is today). now, when the rules and values of america come into contact with those of islam, there are parts that don't fit, and as i assume you know, something's gotta give. trump and flynn are of the view that the values of islam are what have to give, and i am in full agreement, but this has been taken out of context many times, to te point where the lie itself has a life of it's own, and has embedded itself into pretty much everything relating to trump and islam.

trump does not appear to hate islam, flynn also does not seem to hate islam, but his stance is indeed a hardline one: "if you come to america, you are expected to become an american" and that means placing the rules and values of america above those of any dieties you may wish to worship. those of the islamic persuasion, are rather well known for not agreeing with said views. and regardless of how it sounds, that is something that needs to be handled promptly, to prevent situations like those we see in germany and all across europe. his stance is to place americans first, and to be wary of those coming in, to ensure those immigrating from that region of the world, are coming over to become americans, and hold american values. that's something i find i can agree with fully.

as for the climate change issue, i think i'v made my thoughts known on that topic.

OK. It's just some people (including me) might not remember.

As for the post in the spoiler, thanks for adding to the discussion.

OK. It's just some people (including me) might not remember.

well, to clarify my climate thoughts:

I find it horrible that trump's appointing somebody who's literally in denial of climate change, to the head of the department dealing with climate change. the amount of money it costs, should not be a concern when you factor in what you're getting in exchange (a world that will remain hospitable to humans) i'm hopeful that he can at least see the value in providing incentives for use of sustainable practices, regardless of his views on the ozone, since sustainable practices, and renewable energy are both ideas, that even without the edge of climate change, are practical in the business sense. if he has even a small belief in climate change, he can't fail to see the benefit in rewarding those who would develop new ways to efficiently save energy.

but considering the guy's not that big of a "fact" fan. i can only see this particular part of trumps' cabinet going downhill. the only upside i have is that depending on the performance of trumps administration on climate change, and how well he does maintaining good relations with other countries (which i have some faith in) we can make climate change a larger issue next election without worry about wars, immigration, or intercontinental terrorism. the facts need to be put out more effectively on climate change, and i can think of no better way to do that than to put it under the national spotlight for an election season, but i can sit on that particular L for this term. so long as the next one doesn't continue the trend.

Ethically and legally questionable - trump ignores concerns. And THERE you have it! Because HE is going to be President.....as far as I can tell, that means HE is going to do just what HE wants. So "the kids" will continue to run dad's businesses - which span the globe - enriching themselves with BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars . while dad is President. Makes the criticisms of the Clintons look like chump change. There is a clause in the Constitution called the Emoluments Clause, which prohibits any government official from sharing in profits in a company that has ties to a foreign government.

Discuss, and someone validate the claims in this comment, please

Puts into context the controversy of the upcoming Trump administration, to an extent

Cant decide whether to LOL or smh

EDIT;

Archived