US Trump Administration Discussion Thread

cr47t

I think it would help your cases if you would be more specific and not refer to everyone you disagree with as "Them" or "those people" and such.

There are people who are glad he said something about it, like me, and people who think he did enough, some probably that think he shouldn't have said that at all, some don't believe him, and some want more than just the words, and also those who think he's done more harm than good still. There's all kinds of reactions to this to be observed.

The protesters, twitter for starters

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't stop Progressives from saying Conservative's support such action, when most don't and never will.

I'm sorry to say this but such a mindset is ingrained into us for a reason.

meanwhile:

http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/news/trump-i-will-free-nasa-from-being-just-a-leo-space-logistics-agency

I hope he follows through on this. It may seem minor or unimportant in the grand scheme of things but the amount of problems properly-developed space exploration could solve on its own is huge.

I wouldn't mind runaway climate change so much if space colonization looked like a realistic future prospect.

Yes, I also believe that progressives always tended to be those who whined really loudly but never stood up for their views when it actually mattered, while conservatives tended to be actual funking terrorists.

(And before people come in and whine that I hurt their feelings, I'm not talking about economic conservatism.)

I have issues with his space program but since it's suppose go all the way to the end of this century who knows. That being said, stuff like mining minerals from the asteroid belt is so impracticable on so many levels. Time it takes to get to said asteroid belt, then because of the time sink you'd need to be able to take alot of minerals which means bigger ships to carry them which it'll cost even more and take longer to build. Honestly the more I think about it the more it sounds like fluff.

Sticking to Mars and terraforming it is a better and more practical space project.

Maintaining an "us" vs "them" mentality solves nothing; it's how Trump became the president in the first place. Marginalizing and bastardizing the people who don't agree with us will only further serve the divide in this country. The radicals are always the loudest voices and should not be the face for each group. Conservatives are not all gay-hating neo-nazis and liberals are not all PC-preaching violent protestors. Please don't write off the other side just because you don't see eye to eye; understanding one another will be key for the next four years, and beyond that.

Maintaining an "us" vs "them" mentality solves nothing; it's how Trump became the president in the first place. Marginalizing and bastardizing the people who don't agree with us will only further serve the divide in this country. The radicals are always the loudest voices and should not be the face for each group. Conservatives are not all gay-hating neo-nazis and liberals are not all PC-preaching violent protestors. Please don't write off the other side just because you don't see eye to eye; understanding one another will be key for the next four years, and beyond that.

So I take it you're as disgusted by the guys holding the rape Melani and Kill Trump signs, as I am of the guys who want to Gas Obama

Anyway, as someone who has had a painful past with Cocaine, I hope president Trump quickly signs the bi-partisan bill to send aid to opiate victims. It's really bad in some parts of the US, esp NH, and I hope he can hear our plight on the matter

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_17ZCJLg8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3A1jleKMQ

Gross

If you're going to say it's because "Conservatives were always like this" then I can easily say the same about Progressives and have it be equally correct.

ITT:  Generalizing people from either side of the isle is an accepted argument.  And everyone involved is wrong.

So I take it you're as disgusted by the guys holding the rape Melani and Kill Trump signs, as I am of the guys who want to Gas Obama

The "Rape Melania" sign was proven to be shopped. Someone's trying to stir up the people (as though it wasn't already happening).  Still disgusting.

Where were you when this was happening on the other side?

Maintaining an "us" vs "them" mentality solves nothing; it's how Trump became the president in the first place. 

Partially agree.  Trump got the White House because the people were sick and tired of being called racists, or homophobes, or xenophobes, when they actually just liked his policies. They got tired of the elitist take over (see Clinton) and the control on the White House by a select few names.  They wanted something new.  And the people have spoken.

Definitely. I don't care for people slut-shaming her either. And at this point, I'd actually much rather have Trump alive than dead. I don't like the idea of Pence being president and I am willing to give Trump a chance. Though I still don't like the guy.

Partially agree.  Trump got the White House because the people were sick and tired of being called racists, or homophobes, or xenophobes, when they actually just liked his policies. They got tired of the elitist take over (see Clinton) and the control on the White House by a select few names.  They wanted something new.  And the people have spoken.

Yes, I agree with you. What I failed to realize until post-election was just how people out in the middle of the country really felt neglected and frustrated by our government. In retrospect, it makes much more sense that Trump won.

pretty sure him electing pence was like taking out a life insurance policy. he's not as far out as pence is, in fact, he's practically liberal aside from a few issues, so for him to pick somebody who's that deeply mistaken about how gays are, makes me think that alongside using him to maintain the republican vote, he's using pences own views as a shield from those who would want him dead before entering office.

also, i've sen a bit of flack from the news where i live about hiring insiders, but really, how are you gonna find your way around if you don't have people who know the system. had he picked a cabinet of outsiders, he'd likely be accused of knowing nothing about the system, insider cabinet, while it does raise questions, makes sense overall considering he wants to learn what to take care of/remove in the system to properly clean it (his stated goal, and until he's in office we won't know if he means it or not)

The "Rape Melania" sign was proven to be shopped. Someone's trying to stir up the people (as though it wasn't already happening).  Still disgusting.

I'm sorry about this post being not very good of a post but like.

So what's your point? Some people doing shitty things. Which you are gonna group in a vague enveloping term.

Also interesting to note that the "Rape Melania" is facing away from the building. Why would that be? Like it seems to be positioned so that someone could take that picture, yet the guy is looking away....I think? It's hard to tell. The other images seem to be sort of turned so that it could be seen from the direction of the hotel as well.

idk it looks faked not gonna lie.

funking called it.

Archived