US Trump Administration Discussion Thread

cr47t

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not what concerns me. When you take studies from around the world and appoint a man who had turned a blind eye to all of them, I feel like you're spitting in my face.

You know he's an elitist and an idiot. Something you told me you wouldn't stand for. Why?

Two wrongs don't make a right, killing a baby because his/her father was a monster is a pretty funked up notion to me.

I feel like you may not fully grasp the concept of the Roe v Wade ruling.

Oh did the Trump affirm the exxon guy was gonna be EPA head? Neat, my gas prices might finally drop a bit. Don't like paying 3.50 

tfw gas costs $1 more where you are than where I am.

Can we talk about how a climate change denier was appointed to the head of climate change?

That's not what concerns me. When you take studies from around the world and appoint a man who had turned a blind eye to all of them, I feel like you're spitting in my face.

This is what I was most worried about with the Trump campaign. But don't worry, nobody knows more about the environment than him.

I don't want to get too into it but abortion is not an issue that has any data to back it up.  It's not a common sense problem like climate change, it's entirely based on your own personal experiences and worldview.

Case in point, pro-life individuals using phrases like "murdering babies" and pro-choice individuals using phrases like "excising parasites."   

That aside the climate change thing is a problem. 

If the logic behind leaving a poor conditioned earth to our children and grandchildren is "gas prices will drop a dollar", then I disagree.

Since we're all in agreement that the economy is going to grow, you have zero reason to jabroni about paying more for your cost of living.

It's really not. Your gas prices and energy bill will go way down

On climate change, it's a fact. and lowered gas prices won't feel as good in comparison to the end effect that you'll have on the environment. aside from my disagreement with taxes, denial of climate change is a serious problem i have with trump. that's more than just economics. It's turning a blind eye to potentially drastic damage, just to save a little money in the short term.

Prioritizing temporary comfort over securing the future never ends well. There's a reason you're supposed to start saving for retirement during your first job.

Idk about during your first job, but most certainly during your first career.  Retirement isn't cheap, so I guess I could understand why you say that, but yeah.

Idk about during your first job, but most certainly during your first career.  Retirement isn't cheap, so I guess I could understand why you say that, but yeah.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I know a friend who constantly spends money and he has a great time, but he's already in serious debt. Which is bad at any age, let alone your early 20s.

Delegating funds from studying and preparing for climate change to other industries may seem positive at first but the long-term effects of not attending to this issue could be catastrophic. 

Not just lower gas prices, lower energy prices, more jobs

I'm sorry y'all, if you didn't scare me with your LGBT concentration camp bullshit, you're not gonna scare me by showing me pics of venus

On climate change, it's a fact. and lowered gas prices won't feel as good in comparison to the end effect that you'll have on the environment. aside from my disagreement with taxes, denial of climate change is a serious problem i have with trump. that's more than just economics. It's turning a blind eye to potentially drastic damage, just to save a little money in the short term.

It's overblown

That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works.  You sound a lot like the Hillary supporters you hate so avidly.  You're not willing to look at the issues from a broad perspective because you want instant gratification.  That's not how the real world works.

You can claim all you want that you're gonna get a dollar down on gas.  But in 40-50 years when your grandkids are asking you why the world is in drought and gas prices have climbed to astronomical prices because of greed on our resources, you can tell them in 2017, you wanted to save a dollar.

It's overblown

When the entire US atlantic seaboard's flooded and nobody was prepared for it, you can tell your children "What, I thought they were exaggerating and that it was some big Chinese hoax"

There's no question that any of this is happening or how drastic its effects are; the scientific community has unanimously agreed on this. It's downright ignorant and shortsighted to ignore any of this for any reason. Like any science, research needs to continue for this and people need to stop denying it's a thing; because the impact is going to be drastic and the difference that a prepared civilization is going to make over one that decided to willfully shut its ears to mounds of empirical evidence because it didn't line up with their political agenda.

We can't afford to just slough off the entire budget for this research just because we want to save a quick buck, and it's beyond stupid to keep humoring the blatantly paid-off spokespeople feeding the public laughably refutable information.

This isn't about fear rhetoric or getting worked up over nothing; there's pear-reviewed studies laying down these details accurately while also being agreed upon by the majority of the scientific community. Ignoring any of this for any reason is beyond stupid.

WASHINGTON:  President-elect Donald Trump said in an interview broadcast Sunday he was "saddened" by reports that harassment and intimidation of minorities had spiked following his election, and called for it to end.

"I hate to hear that. I am so saddened to hear that," the Republican said when asked on CBS's "60 minutes" about the reports. "If it helps. I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: Stop it."

Am relieved he addressed this.

Nothing will be good enough for them

I think it would help your cases if you would be more specific and not refer to everyone you disagree with as "Them" or "those people" and such.

There are people who are glad he said something about it, like me, and people who think he did enough, some probably that think he shouldn't have said that at all, some don't believe him, and some want more than just the words, and also those who think he's done more harm than good still. There's all kinds of reactions to this to be observed.

Archived