Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

E-Etto, I have decided to come and post Sleepy's birthday drawing. Happy Birthday again Sleepie n.nSonnetSheep.thumb.jpg.ecb1a1c9e65202accb7e897f35221d89.jpg

And I very much love the way it turned out, thank you xP
I haven't drawn her the last few weeks in fact so I kinda got inspired with this. Though my scanner is not expected for like 5 more days xD

• Shiba Inu 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:54 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Back in January I intended to post each month of the calendar. For one reason or another, I didn't, but at least here it's September

CalendarioSep.thumb.jpg.746b989af51659bcee571b9d64a8e109.jpg

That is one amazing looking calendar lol. Those mochicats are always fun to see.
Hey don't feel unacomplished, you've done a few drawings this year even if they haven't been religiously made once a month. Maybe if you get a couple more we can get some sort of collage of them by New Year's xP

I also haven't been as productive as I'd like to. That's an artist's eternal struggle I suppose xD
When Autumn begins I'll for sure do something haha.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

This is a small notebook that fits into a hoody's pocket. I sketched this up and ended up inking and coloring.
This one is a little more loose than usual but it was fun and I have not posted here since Nyx's birthday xD

img016.jpg?ex=6534ca39&is=65225539&hm=52

Ahhhh I really like the colors... this looks amazing don't worry I'm not asking for any request, oh yes this may not be related to the topic but Sleepy do you know if there will be any Halloween or Christmas events this year or no...?

Oh yes I really wish that I could draw as good as you I'm not asking you to draw for me I want to know how you good that good ever time I draw it looks like it was done by something weird however I don't have any pens like the Wacom https://www.wacom.com/en-us devices to use to draw that is why my stuff comes out as ugly cause I have to uncomfortably draw while using the one of the two most Impleasant tools either a mouse or my Laptop's trackpad which I used to do that OS-Tan chibi art thing I want to become a artist and was wondering if you or Nyx or even ray could show me the hops on becoming an artist I could really learn off of someone who is experienced and could give me some advice maybe I will let you now once I can find better tools to start drawing again you don't wanna know how Impleasant it is to use a Laptop's Trackpad to draw.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Still pretty rough but randomly felt like sketching this up.
Ancient Yugioh card from Magic Ruler's set. A Ritual Monster called Performance of Sword.

I noticed I need to fix at least the eyes but didn't notice until I had scanned xD
I'll see what I can do about that but it seems I've drawn dot eyes for too long lol.

img021.jpg?ex=6549e7cf&is=653772cf&hm=12

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Let's post a monthly set of doodles here xD

img029.thumb.jpg.3ab70cadfa6cd28a331b467b756a6884.jpgimg030.thumb.jpg.c668cc67143fabbe06120f91ed1e4d9c.jpg

I wish I even had a basic drawing skill maybe this week or next week I will start practicing by paper and pencil do you think that would be a good idea @Sleepy how did you get at latest get to where you where today did you self taught yourself or did you learn off of someone or did someone teach you and/or was there with you as a teacher?

Also I like the crocodile he is cute sticking out his toung.

12 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I wish I even had a basic drawing skill maybe this week or next week I will start practicing by paper and pencil do you think that would be a good idea @Sleepy how did you get at latest get to where you where today did you self taught yourself or did you learn off of someone or did someone teach you and/or was there with you as a teacher?

Also I like the crocodile he is cute sticking out his toung.

I liked drawing since I remember, so I drew.
When you do something you enjoy you do it a lot if you can.
When you do something a lot you get better at it even if you don't necessarily focus on improving.

I had a couple art classes that did teach me some proper things and helped a lot, but I had them in the last year of high school and first semester of college. I had been doodling junk for like 14 years at that point.
I've seen people that have never drawn before decide to get serious, and in like 2 years they go from absolutely nothing to being much better than I am.

So you do it your way and figure things out as you go. 
Coincidently somebody showed me this video the other day. Independently of if you like/dislike Pewdiepie, this is about what you'd expect from an early experience xD

1 hour ago, Kokoroshi said:

Drew the best keyblades in kingdom hearts because my kingdom hearts hyper fixation has started back up again

IMG_1327.thumb.jpeg.eddb76106ac29cdacf929a1b41bf20cb.jpeg

I'm a fan of the intrincate designs of the keyblades. I think I like their look more in 2D than I do in what I've seen of KH in 3D (thought I don't really play or follow the videogames to know much about it).
Looking pretty neat~

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I liked drawing since I remember, so I drew.
When you do something you enjoy you do it a lot if you can.
When you do something a lot you get better at it even if you don't necessarily focus on improving.

I had a couple art classes that did teach me some proper things and helped a lot, but I had them in the last year of high school and first semester of college. I had been doodling junk for like 14 years at that point.
I've seen people that have never drawn before decide to get serious, and in like 2 years they go from absolutely nothing to being much better than I am.

So you do it your way and figure things out as you go. 
Coincidently somebody showed me this video the other day. Independently of if you like/dislike Pewdiepie, this is about what you'd expect from an early experience xD

I'm a fan of the intrincate designs of the keyblades. I think I like their look more in 2D than I do in what I've seen of KH in 3D (thought I don't really play or follow the videogames to know much about it).
Looking pretty neat~

okay than I will start practicing drawing than by hand and than move it to digital when I feel really comfortable I might get a Walcome Tablet. Thanks Sleepy :) for the advice I also saw that video on my recoomnaded list. 

• Like 1

DAY 1 - This day was fucking horrible is it going to get any better or is my life going to be shit all FOREVER!!! I started at 10 AM and did it till 10:30 AM to take a break that was the advice the video from the 2nd YouTuber called Marc Brunet he says he is an professional art teacher told me to do I feel like bashing my fucking skull into the fucking wall I just feel so useless in life... @Sleepy @Kokoroshi Have any advice should I continue to learn a new skill or should I just give up already!? I'm going to take a break for the rest of the day and I might pick up tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

DAY 1 - This day was fucking horrible is it going to get any better or is my life going to be shit all FOREVER!!! I started at 10 AM and did it till 10:30 AM to take a break that was the advice the video from the 2nd YouTuber called Marc Brunet he says he is an professional art teacher told me to do I feel like bashing my fucking skull into the fucking wall I just feel so useless in life... @Sleepy @Kokoroshi Have any advice should I continue to learn a new skill or should I just give up already!? I'm going to take a break for the rest of the day and I might pick up tomorrow.

It’s not necessarily about the end product, it’s about the process, if you enjoy drawing then yes, continue, you’ll get better as you realize more and more about drawing. It’s definitely not something you can learn overnight, I’ve been drawing for a long time and it does take a long time to get really good at it, honestly, I still don’t think my drawings are all that great (especially drawings of characters), but I still draw because I enjoy doing it. Is it infuriating when you want to do something and it doesn’t come out very well, yes, but that’s just part of learning.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kokoroshi said:

It’s not necessarily about the end product, it’s about the process, if you enjoy drawing then yes, continue, you’ll get better as you realize more and more about drawing. It’s definitely not something you can learn overnight, I’ve been drawing for a long time and it does take a long time to get really good at it, honestly, I still don’t think my drawings are all that great (especially drawings of characters), but I still draw because I enjoy doing it. Is it infuriating when you want to do something and it doesn’t come out very well, yes, but that’s just part of learning.

Yeah I can't show the 3 pages right now as I don't use a smart phone nor do I have a Camera I might have to upload it later but I want to do it via a DM.

I want to try to get decent at it by 3 months and somewhat good by 6 months and later on start going digitally.