Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

1 hour ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Lone mouse @Sleepy @Horu @Ryusei the Morning Star Do you think this art looks ugly :'( I'm quite a bad artist I made this not using a tablet with a pen a Desktop tower with a Mouse I made it on a laptop with the track pad but do you think it looks ugly :(

Why did you tag me? This is my club thread, I was gonna see your drawing when I got back from errands IRL, and the tag wouldn't do it any more quickly, it just means it took you 1 hour to get desperate and double post. I just told you yesterday to stop pushing yourself like this and you come and do it at my thread of all places? xD

This is good intentioned advice here: On the regular, try to become able to leave a message for 1 or 2 days before you assume nobody will see it. I think not even you can check this place every hour of every day, and keep in mind that your afternoon can be the start of a morning shift or 2 in the morning to other users.  I can't stretch enough that I beg you to be patient about these things.

Fair warning, next time you double-post just to tag people within a few hours I'll report the post.

- - - - - -

. . . . . that said, I think that's a very cute drawing. That's a very good job concidering how little experience you say you have. Nanami kinda looks like a Sonic OC but that's not a bad thing xD

Edited by Sleepy
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Why did you tag me? This is my club thread, I was gonna see your drawing when I got back from errands IRL, and the tag wouldn't do it any more quickly, it just means it took you 1 hour to get desperate and double post. I just told you yesterday to stop pushing yourself like this and you come and do it at my thread of all places? xD

This is good intentioned advice here: On the regular, try to become able to leave a message for 1 or 2 days before you assume nobody will see it. I think not even you can check this place every hour of every day, and keep in mind that your afternoon can be the start of a morning shift or 2 in the morning to other users.  I can't stretch enough that I beg you to be patient about these things.

Fair warning, next time you double-post just to tag people within a few hours I'll report the post.

- - - - - -

. . . . . that said, I think that's a very cute drawing. That's a very good job concidering how little experience you say you have. Nanami kinda looks like a Sonic OC but that's not a bad thing xD

I'm sorry Sleepy for double posting I wanted to ask if anyone thought my art looks ugly you have alot more experience then I do My art is very ugly and basic compared to experienced artists on Pixiv and Deviantart. I my art sucks way more comapred to yours and Rays I have bad art is but would other people treat it as being ugly and lazy?

10 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I'm sorry Sleepy for double posting I wanted to ask if anyone thought my art looks ugly you have alot more experience then I do My art is very ugly and basic compared to experienced artists on Pixiv and Deviantart. I my art sucks way more comapred to yours and Rays I have bad art is but would other people treat it as being ugly and lazy?

No excuses please, no "sorry I wanted to ask if anybody thought iff......" when you are likely to forget this and do it again in the future. Just don't do it. Control that anxiety. I'll start a campaign to keep repeating this whenever I see it and hopefully drill it into you. PMing people already sends a notification to them. Quoting people already sends a notification to them. Commenting on people's threads or threads those people are already folloing will make sure those responces of you are seen and read in due time . For any of the above you don't need to tag, it just turns 1 notification into 2 notifications. It doesn't help anybody see it any sooner. It doesn't make anybody more likely to reply. Tagging is when the person you want to tag doesn't know that thread or reply exists at all.

- - - -

Your art is not bad, nobody is expected to be a master on something they are new to, and nobody will judge you. The important thing is that you enjoy the process and want to get better at it for your sake. I'd even advice you to not care all that much about likes or feedback. I've been drawing for decades and I still sometimes post a drawing somewhere and get like 1 like and no comments...... you can't be making drawings with the goal that you'll get likes or positive feedback front and center, that's a surefire way to drive one insane. Just have fun with it and the likes and feedback will come on its own.

And as I said, I think that drawing was good. It's much better than other first drawings I've seen over the years.

• Like 1

Zama, we all start somewhere. Your drawing is a fine starting point. I quite literally started off drawing stick figures. Sadly, I haven't been able to stay consistant so, in my honest opinion, my art is far below what it used to be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Lone mouse @Sleepy @Horu @Ryusei the Morning Star Do you think this art looks ugly :'( I'm quite a bad artist I made this not using a tablet with a pen a Desktop tower with a Mouse I made it on a laptop with the track pad but do you think it looks ugly :(

Honestly, if you were able to do this on a laptop, I want to see what you can do with an actual paper and pencil. It’s cute!

• Like 1

@Kokoroshi @Lone mouse @Horu @Ryusei the Morning Star Look its Windows XP I made this I drew the taskbar but I just copied the bliss wallpaper I miss Windows XP that was the golden age of Microsoft Windows XP.

Don't we all miss Windows XP and HATE Windows 11

WindowsXP.png.c5ce874cfa313c7595069154430cc15e.png

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ah I just noticed. The MerMay prompt #4 of the month is "Star Wars" because of the "may the fourth be with you" thing xD
*cough*

Well, this is a very cool way to start the month, with some good ol' activity at the club n.n
I've commented on it on Discord but, very nice drawing Nyx. Glad to see you found the time to draw after so long with your busy schedule ;9

Edited by Sleepy
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Ah I just noticed. The MerMay prompt #4 of the month is "Star Wars" because of the "may the fourth be with you" thing xD
*cough*

Well, this is a very cool way to start the month, with some good ol' activity at the club n.n
I've commented on it on Discord but, very nice drawing Nyx. Glad to see you found the time to draw after so long with your busy schedule ;9

Well, it certainly wasn't easy, but thanks!

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Cute.

Danke!

ANYWHO!

Day 2: Upside Down!

MerMay Upside Down 1.png

• Like 3
  • Shiba Inu 1

I really thought by day 3 you would be cooking up some sketches to keep up with the challenge but I see you've managed to keep turning in colored pieces daily. Congrats for that. Did you prepare some of these in advance with the help of the prompt?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I really thought by day 3 you would be cooking up some sketches to keep up with the challenge but I see you've managed to keep turning in colored pieces daily. Congrats for that. Did you prepare some of these in advance with the help of the prompt?

I did not! I just rushed through these two. You can especially see that in Twisted, as it lacks shading and details compared to the other two.

This is what's awaited me soonafter each of these:

:444820_key:

• Shiba Inu 1

3 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I did not! I just rushed through these two. You can especially see that in Twisted, as it lacks shading and details compared to the other two.

This is what's awaited me soonafter each of these:

:444820_key:

Well I think your art looks good mermaids are cute do you have any art based platfroms such as Pixiv or Deviantart?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I have a DeviantArt account I never posted on. BUT...I do have a Twitter account that I've shared some drawings on

Are they the same username or different username? Also what software do you use to draw Photoshop, Gimp, Kirta, MS Paint, Paint.net, or other?

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

3 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Are they the same username or different username? Also what software do you use to draw Photoshop, Gimp, Kirta, MS Paint, Paint.net, or other?

Well, it was mostly Photoshop. Now it's Clip Studio Paint. And somewhat different username.

Anywho:
Day 4 of MerMay. Star Wars!

MerMay Star Wars 1.png

• Shiba Inu 3

It's cool. I don't have any experience with ipad drawing so can't really grasp how difficult it is but the results are neat.
Incidentally I also don't really have any experience with bases but those angles seem tricky to figure out from scratch so I can see why the aid was employed, and it is multiple drawings in one go, which is nice on itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Shiba Inu 1