TCG Moderator Decision

For that matter...I didn't even win my "vote" when I became a mod six years ago. The members nominated candidates, and the mod team discussed the top 3 picks and settled on me, because I was the least problematic of the options. THAT'S HOW MOD APPOINTMENTS TEND TO WORK.

People forget that the way this sheet worked 6 or even 3 years ago was utter aids and completely backdoor at times. It's hard to recall and for some people they weren't even around, but it's significantly better now than it was before. 

Even with all the public displays of fuckery the only reason why now you notice them is because now we have made an effort to specifically allow the members to view said mistakes.

If only people could wade through the admin logs in the acp and really see just how much sheet mods got away with only 3 years ago. 

This thread didn't have to be made nor was it demanded for by the member base. It was a simple courtesy on Sakura's part and I don't think it was dumb at all. If anyone's screaming here, it's you evilfusion.

Fair point, honestly. A thread was made by a moderator, not a member, and the members are more often than not just voicing their opinions regardless of whether we chalk them up to mere complaints without resolve. 

I get it, sometimes it's difficult to see the members side of things as a moderator, and the same really goes for members failing to see ours. 

All I ask is that both sides try, honestly.

I don't recall you taking issue with Dad wanting back on the team when his schedule opened up. What's different about Birdie wanting back onboard?

Fair point as well, but in this case we don't deem the position to be necessary, and honestly it isn't. 

I've said multiple times in the past that what the role actually was and what I envisioned it to be when I first brought it up are two different things entirely, to the point where it's not even the same job description whatsoever. 

And Caeda was actually the person I had in mind for the specific role I envisioned, it only lends to the fact that she got the subpar position and still managed to make something of it.

I genuinely believe the reason why Caeda actually got sheet done with the role is two fold; 

• she had a specific goal in mind and set to accomplish it
  • she had the support of the members fully and everyone wanted her to succeed

There's power in belief, and so even though the position itself was not inherently good, she was still able to accomplish a lot with it because people believed that she was good. 

It was almost like a placebo effect. 

Again, it's not to say she was doing nothing, she was great and the concept was good even if solely in theory but because of the two things I listed I genuinely believe no one else can occupy that role successfully and because of that the role is not a good one, it just so happened that Caeda was good for a role that although wasn't fully realized still happened to bear fruit due to her character and the support of everyone. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was having 2 general mods necessary? Yui had already filled the position, and though I can absolutely be mistaken, I don't see what Dad adds to that.

Additionally, you went into how you felt Birdie was successful in the role. Even though the role itself, and how it was previously executed, was inherently flawed, you admit that she was able to do considerable good with it. Even beyond that, you mentioned how your vision for the role was different from what it became, so what stops Birdie from picking the mantle back up, and this time serving the original intended purpose with the skills she demonstrated back in February?

The points you make definitely hold up in a vacuum, but given the context of what all has happened this year, as well as just being viewed together, it doesn't make a very compelling argument against Birdie resuming her position as PR mod.

Was having 2 general mods necessary? Yui had already filled the position, and though I can absolutely be mistaken, I don't see what Dad adds to that.

Additionally, you went into how you felt Birdie was successful in the role. Even though the role itself, and how it was previously executed, was inherently flawed, you admit that she was able to do considerable good with it. Even beyond that, you mentioned how your vision for the role was different from what it became, so what stops Birdie from picking the mantle back up, and this time serving the original intended purpose with the skills she demonstrated back in February?

The points you make definitely hold up in a vacuum, but given the context of what all has happened this year, as well as just being viewed together, it doesn't make a very compelling argument against Birdie resuming her position as PR mod.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't an argument against Birdie, but Night pointing out some things that led to her being successful.

And if ya want me gone, just say so.  

Hasn't Black been mod two times by now or was that Koko?

both

Also gonna once again state that any mentions of me in this thread in regards to modship aren't associated with me. I'm tackling concerns with a statement made in private,  and while ofc I wanna be on the team to try and help out, this is neither the time nor the place to put myself out there. I do not endorse anyone endorsing me.

It wasn't an argument against her in the slightest, like dad said I was just putting perspective on the matter.

In actuality I liked her as a mod, and would personally like to see her as one again. 

I have no issues with discussing the possibility of that. 

Former TCG mod here!

I'm barely skimming this topic and I don't really care about this forum much either way, but if it's worth anything, then I'd like to say that I absolutely positively vehemently vote against the inclusion for Black on any kind of a mod position on this forum. If you want to know my reasoning we can discuss it in private.

Also if you don't have the Admin CP password and feel you need it, please let me know.

Thanks.

xoxo
Pika

Former TCG mod here!

I'm barely skimming this topic and I don't really care about this forum much either way, but if it's worth anything, then I'd like to say that I absolutely positively vehemently vote against the inclusion for Black on any kind of a mod position on this forum. If you want to know my reasoning we can discuss it in private.

Also if you don't have the Admin CP password and feel you need it, please let me know.

Thanks.

xoxo

Pika

I mean you, him, and Koko do have history...do you have objective reasons beyond you disliking him

Who the funk is Koko?

I do have a reason and I did respond to your private message, however that's just one girl's opinion. I implore you to reach out to Black, reach out to other mods, and at the end of the day make your own judgment call on the matter.

Or don't. I can't live your life for you dog.

Former TCG mod here!

Thanks.

xoxo

Pika

Alright, let me cut this sheet off right here.

See this?  Flaming.  Spam.  This ain't acceptable.  Personally, I don't give a sheet if you were a former mod or how you feel about Black.  You said enough when you mentioned not caring about the forum.  Your opinion is now null and void.  This is the only warning I'm giving you since I already asked people not to veer off topic.  Either contribute or go back to "not caring".  You can do so effectively by not posting in this thread with a bunch of useless information.  I'd give you warning points but you're not worth the time.

Don't do it again.  I'm not asking you.  I'm telling you.

And the rest of you, don't entertain this level of foolishness.  We've got enough communication issues and confusion without feeding trolls.  It's a big enough headache and none of us wants to deal with that sheet.

I'm a current member of the board and I don't believe he'd be a good moderator for reasons I'd prefer not to air out in public since it doesn't concern about 99.99% of the board.

As a public member of this website I don't quite like your threatening tone to dismiss my opinion for no apparent reason. But go ahead and treat users like sheet, then act surprised when they don't stick around. Beatings will continue until morale improves, eh?

In any case, I personally believe Black wouldn't be a good fit for staff because he personally went out of his way to defame my good name to the only person who's opinion on this board actually matters (spoilers - It's not Mr 503,736,626 points over here)

I mostly steer clear of the YCM politics and drama because it's not funny or entertaining and there's no reason to get mad over the internet. I'm just happily posting my fanfic over here.

But this one, this one issue. This one particular section and this one particular user, it's personal for me this time.

I've read your PM, and I'll ask Black about it privately. But I'm skeptical. When Roxas was going after users using his mod powers, Black stood up for us to the point where he was demoted

He stuck up for me when Nai banned me the first time for not taking Klav's sheet

And he stuck up for me the second time when the mods didn't follow their newly created ban schedule in an extra-judicial attempt to perma me again

Black is a lot of things, but a slandering individual who seeks to go around the rules, he is not to my knowledge 

I'm a current member of the board and I don't believe he'd be a good moderator for reasons I'd prefer not to air out in public since it doesn't concern about 99.99% of the board.

As a public member of this website I don't quite like your threatening tone to dismiss my opinion for no apparent reason. But go ahead and treat users like sheet, then act surprised when they don't stick around. Beatings will continue until morale improves, eh?

In any case, I personally believe Black wouldn't be a good fit for staff because he personally went out of his way to defame my good name to the only person who's opinion on this board actually matters (spoilers - It's not Mr 503,736,626 points over here)

I mostly steer clear of the YCM politics and drama because it's not funny or entertaining and there's no reason to get mad over the internet. I'm just happily posting my fanfic over here.

But this one, this one issue. This one particular section and this one particular user, it's personal for me this time.

Whatchu want?  A cookie?  Cuz you're a member of the board?  I don't care how you feel about my tone.  I don't care what you think your opinion was dismissed for.  You came in here and started a God damn rant about Black based on some unprovided, nonsensical bullshit and now you feel like I owe you an apology?  You owe all of us an apology for coming into this thread thinking you were the "god of war" or some sheet.

"It's personal this time".

And?  It's personal for a lot of people but they're not up in arms starting sheet and causing a funking problem.  So since you didn't get it the first time, maybe you'll get it this time.  Don't post in this thread again.  Go cry about it in your status so you stop wasting valuable time when we could be having a legitimate discussion that doesn't involve Catterjune's feelings.

Whatchu want?  A cookie?  Cuz you're a member of the board?  I don't care how you feel about my tone.  I don't care what you think your opinion was dismissed for.  You came in here and started a God damn rant about Black based on some unprovided, nonsensical bullshit and now you feel like I owe you an apology?  You owe all of us an apology for coming into this thread thinking you were the "god of war" or some sheet.

"It's personal this time".

And?  It's personal for a lot of people but they're not up in arms starting sheet and causing a funking problem.  So since you didn't get it the first time, maybe you'll get it this time.  Don't post in this thread again.  Go cry about it in your status so you stop wasting valuable time when we could be having a legitimate discussion that doesn't involve Catterjune's feelings.

She had a concern she felt was valid. It's potentially ugly for Black, Her and a couple others involved. I don't agree with her, but her voicing her dissent against black, and restraining from airing the dirty laundry in public is actually what we need here.

This shouldn't be a muckraking contest, we're running out of time and need to turn this ship around. Reshaping the mod team is a vital first step in that process. 

Pika has keep the salacious details private, and for that I think she deserves credit, not a condescending slap down. Black has responded to me and I'm sated with his answer, but it's her right to bring up her concerns.

It's personal for a lot of people but they're not up in arms starting sheet and causing a funking problem.

Er... Uh... Yeah... It would take a crazy person to do something like that...

Shitposts aside, since it has been made abundantly clear that this is not the direction the team wants this thread to take, what should be done with this thread at this point?

I am keeping basically 90% of my negotiations in PM because I have no desire to deal with hot tempers and public arguments, but I feel that some kind of public discussion should be continued as for further changes to make decisions like this happen without people getting pissed.

Could we get a public explanation of the reasoning behind the term limit idea? I don't see any real upside to it, beyond being an arbitrary way to rule out specific candidates.

Er... Uh... Yeah... It would take a crazy person to do something like that...

Shitposts aside, since it has been made abundantly clear that this is not the direction the team wants this thread to take, what should be done with this thread at this point?

I am keeping basically 90% of my negotiations in PM because I have no desire to deal with hot tempers and public arguments, but I feel that some kind of public discussion should be continued as for further changes to make decisions like this happen without people getting pissed.

Could we get a public explanation of the reasoning behind the term limit idea? I don't see any real upside to it, beyond being an arbitrary way to rule out specific candidates.

At this point, term limit is only a discussion.  Nothing is being set in stone, nothing is being done with it other than discussion.  It's simply that:  an idea.  That does not mean it's getting implemented, nor does it mean it is in stages of development.  

So don't worry too much about it now.  We don't have anything concrete.  It was brought up based on my name because I returned.  That's all.

And yes, I am a crazy person.

She had a concern she felt was valid. It's potentially ugly for Black, Her and a couple others involved. I don't agree with her, but her voicing her dissent against black, and restraining from airing the dirty laundry in public is actually what we need here.

This shouldn't be a muckraking contest, we're running out of time and need to turn this ship around. Reshaping the mod team is a vital first step in that process. 

Pika has keep the salacious details private, and for that I think she deserves credit, not a condescending slap down. Black has responded to me and I'm sated with his answer, but it's her right to bring up her concerns.

And they did it in the sloppiest, messiest way possible.  Had it been structured in any other way that wasn't a dump on Black and actually contributed something more viable to the conversation other than "I don't like Black", I would've had no problem with it.

That makes sense, to a degree. I'd still like to know what merits the team sees in such a policy, and my thoughts have already reached the mod forum, so I don't need to go too far into them here.

The joke was that I start sheet. Really though, concerns can be brought up without making attacks personal. Or at least, ideally they can.

Something I wanted to note: Evilfusion DID comment in this thread. I was wondering if somebody has talked with him about the access code for the card maker or at least the logo, or if that part of all this discussion has gone to to a second plane.

I don't suppose after what just happened, that the mods would want to actually ask Pika.

Letting aside the Black-related part of this all, which is what the focus seemed to be on, didn't she mention potentially being able to help with this?
I mean, people, try to get the best out of things too.... 

EDIT:
Oh, nevermind. I'm reading the "let's fix YCM" thread. It is happening over there xD

I'm pretty sure this Edit is gonna end up ninja'ing somebody..... *shrugs*

Something I wanted to note: Evilfusion DID comment in this thread. I was wondering if somebody has talked with him about the access code for the card maker or at least the logo, or if that part of all this discussion has gone to to a second plane.

I don't suppose after what just happened, that the mods would want to actually ask Pika.

Letting aside the Black-related part of this all, which is what the focus seemed to be on, didn't she mention potentially being able to help with this?

I mean, people, try to get the best out of things too.... 

EDIT:

Oh, nevermind. I'm reading the "let's fix YCM" thread. It is happening over there xD

I'm pretty sure this Edit is gonna end up ninja'ing somebody..... *shrugs*

Yup. Been asked. Had no solution.

And already asked Pika. Sadly also didn't result in a solution. We might be legit stuck on that for a bit.

Archived