Return Thread

Frunk

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't intend to upset anyone, but there seems to be a problem with the tutorial on how to make opening and shutting dialog boxes, or perhaps I'm reading it wrong. To make it clear to me how it's done(so I can cut and paste the how to into a note pad file on my computer) type it up like this:

Use this sentence: Destroy all your opponent's monsters

use the * in the proper place of the formating string to make sure that it doesn't become a successful opening and closing dialog box.

In the end, you should only type the look-alike end result, only leave the * in the proper spot in the result so it doesn't work; this way, I know how it is structured before I take out the *.

It's been a while since I last posted one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Koko's gone. Icy's gone. Crab's gone. Yin's apparently disappeared. Frunk doesn't come on. Marble's gone. Umbra's gone.

Why?

Dx

[spoiler=...?]

liver.jpg

... After seeing that, I will never use the phrase again... For the next few days.

See ya, Lily...

At about 3:00 to 4:00 AM tonight I will be going on a hiatus until I wake up from sleep at Noon and probably get back on. Technically I am temporarily going to be gone.

I'm pretty sure this topic isn't for announcing when someone is going to sleep.

So, Koko's gone. Icy's gone. Crab's gone. Yin's apparently disappeared. Frunk doesn't come on. Marble's gone. Umbra's gone.

Why?

Dx

This is both the cause and effect of YCM's downfall.

Right, well I know I've said this before in status feed a few times in last month, but this time I'm posting here. So this time I must be serious/will actually keep my word, right?

Going to stay away from this site for a few weeks due to fanfic reasons, amongst others. As people know I'm on a hiatus and it's been like six weeks since I posted in the section, and I kinda feel a bit embarrased that I'm spending a lot of time on here doing not a lot and not getting the story done. (Well I am, it's getting done. Just slowly.) So yeah, just feel a bit self concious (insecure) really, and I really want to get it done (and you're all distracting me :D). Plus getting busy again at work and trying to do more training, going out, etc, etc.

Anyway, yeah it's not much of a reason, but I'm going away. And I'm staying away, until I'm in a position to come back where it's mostly finished being written and is as good as it can be and I feel I can start posting the story again.

The end is coming...

... very slowly.

Yeah, so see you all in three weeks.

Or tomorrow knowing me. (No, I've posted this, I'm going this time) Bai.

Well... I'm gonna try to leave/just lurk. Most of the members that kept me around are gone/doing the same/have other forms of contact, TCG's gone back to the depths of awful and has no clue what the words "card design" mean, clubs are slow and most of their good members are gone, most of the current "famous" people aren't worth much, and I am clearly chopped liver.

Farewell, R.P.820, for your last leader must leave you. May you have a successor to carry on your legacy. I'd say farewell to B to F as well, but... that's not completely dead, though the last of the 5 is bidding this site adieu.

And with Yuzuru leaving, I think it's time I follow suit. I haven't been very active either way, due to only being able to be on about an hour a day on weekdays, so nobody will really miss me.

I don't regret joining YCM, it lead me to the greatest person in my life, but I regret staying afterwords and the way I treated some people. I never made a big impact on the site as a whole, but I hope I helped someone at least.

And with that, the resident closet-furry bids YCM goodbye.

I'm back. Don't worry, I've really only ever lurked anyways. You probably didn't even know I exist. It's K.

Apparently, since I left, it became required that all users have over 5,000 posts. o.o

Anyway, this is also a Leaving post, because when I leave again I won't announce my return. I've come back too many times before and never made many friends except Atman. So, anyway Hi ^^.

I'm back. Don't worry, I've really only ever lurked anyways. You probably didn't even know I exist. It's K.

Apparently, since I left, it became required that all users have over 5,000 posts. o.o

Anyway, this is also a Leaving post, because when I leave again I won't announce my return. I've come back too many times before and never made many friends except Atman. So, anyway Hi ^^.

Well... I'm gonna try to leave/just lurk. Most of the members that kept me around are gone/doing the same/have other forms of contact, TCG's gone back to the depths of awful and has no clue what the words "card design" mean, clubs are slow and most of their good members are gone, most of the current "famous" people aren't worth much, and I am clearly chopped liver.

Farewell, R.P.820, for your last leader must leave you. May you have a successor to carry on your legacy. I'd say farewell to B to F as well, but... that's not completely dead, though the last of the 5 is bidding this site adieu.

Ah, you're leaving, Black.

It was fun to talk to you once in a while until you stopped replying on MSN. If I did something wrong to be blocked again, I really don't know what, but what ever makes you happy and peaceful should be what you decide to do. As you've always known, I've had whatever was in your best interest as a priority of mine for a while when I was actually aware of whatever you may have been facing, which is why I always kept a close eye on you and the people you cared for then would inquire you about any problems, but you've shown yourself to actually be better off without me, so I guess I have no more work.

Hopefully you get better and continue to gain self-confidence, too. You really were a fantastic person and you didn't deserve any emotional distress, and that applies to you and Kanade, whose history I'm also aware of considering she actually helped me while I was coming out to my mother about my transgenderism. So both of your happiness will be in my mind for as long as I can remember you. It'll be a long time, because I still have memories of people I lost online years ago who had very little impact on me in comparison.

And with Yuzuru leaving, I think it's time I follow suit. I haven't been very active either way, due to only being able to be on about an hour a day on weekdays, so nobody will really miss me.

I don't regret joining YCM, it lead me to the greatest person in my life, but I regret staying afterwords and the way I treated some people. I never made a big impact on the site as a whole, but I hope I helped someone at least.

And with that, the resident closet-furry bids YCM goodbye.

You certainly did help me, if it's enough to satisfy you. I'm still very thankful for your supporting me after all the nights I'd receive that sort of abuse from my mother, like when she almost disowned me and I was crying. I never really mentioned it, I guess, but it was really a lot of help for me.

I also wish you grow to improve yourself as well so you never have to fear not helping, never have to re-experience the emotional trauma you underwent nor question your entire self in retrospect like you may. 

Just stay together and support each other. As much as one may feel bad for being insufficient, you've really been more than sufficient for each other. I'm just finding it a failure on my part I was never able to convince either of you of that nor really help, but it's perfect as long as you can still support one another and eventually unify someday. 

So goodbye, then.

• 3 weeks later...

Dearest, dearest YCM. I write to you as a departed soul so to speak. I’ve been gone for months and with each passing day your the memory of me fades, and equally my memory of you fades. If I had to use an analogy to describe our relationship, I would say we are siblings. We have known each other for the longest of times, you have been my rock to fall on when I have problems and in turn I have tried my best to help you. In recent times we have become estranged. You have forsaken me because of a phase of immaturity. While I can hardly bear to say it, it might be time for me to say goodbye, but not a real goodbye. Something like this cant ever really come to a close. More of a formal goodbye.

I suppose it would be good to talk about me. I’m 16 now and in second year at the University of British Columbia, Canada, but this story starts long before then, 5 years ago when I was 11 and going to a private school in England. I met a boy of about my age. He introduced me to Yu-Gi-Oh. For reference, his username is something to the affect of Merlin1234. Me, him and my twin who you know as Luna Lovegood enjoyed 8 months together. In that time I got quite into casual Yu-Gi-Oh. No real tournaments, just a few fun games. Then I went home and lost touch with the game.

Fast forward to me at 12 now. It’s either late summer or early spring when I found you. Well, I may not have found you. It could have been Luna. Either way, the card maker was amazing. I started making what might be the worst set on the website. After a few days, Luna found The A-Team. A supposed elite club for cardmakers run by the famous DeMeNtEd. Me being me, I needed to get in. Luna got in first with my cards being rejected. I remember posting them as attachments, which just wouldn’t fly with Demented.

Nonetheless I persevered and made a new set of cards. I believe the idea behind my second set of cards was that the boss would be impossible to summon while the support would summon cards ignoring the summoning conditions. The cards were awful, but they got me accepted into the club. Life was good.

Then came a time of expansion. I looked around the forum and saw so many places. You have to understand that this was my first forum experience ever and I was 12. I started to post my cards to Realistic and got decent reviews at the start. Eventually I ended my first two projects and replaced them with an attempt at making a new subtype. All I remember about that was the monsters could not be turned to defense position. This was during a strange YCM fad of making subtypes.

Now I could go on about all this, but that wouldn’t be interesting. Time to fast forward. I couldn’t tell you the exact order all this happened in, so I will just dive right in. I started to enter card making tournaments, making a name for myself (note that this was a time before 1 on 1s). By 2009 I believe I had made a large enough name for myself that I was one of 6 members chosen for the Card Makers Legacy tournament which was selected by I believe Icyblue.

I preformed poorly in that tournament, but the message is clear that I was a big deal. In the coming while, a new legend started to develop in the form of Silent Hunter (though it turned out he copied all his cards and got a ban for that). Me and him decided to have a 1 on 1 battle in the style of DeMenTed and someone else. This battle escalated quickly with other members throwing prizes in to a total of about 7 reps to the winner and 3 to the loser with other prizes. There also grew a massive chain of people hoping to play the winner of the match. It was intense.

The fervor surrounding this event did not subside with a huge onslaught of new 1 on 1 style tournaments until YCMaker took notice and created the 1 on 1 subforum. Thus I claim this as my first truly great achievement on the website.

Now the time between that and the summer of 2011 was populated with many events I can’t remember. I do remember the old Yugioh section that I dared not venture into with the except of the fanfiction and role playing center that I used (and created what I think was a highly popular RP). Then, when I returned from a long break in posting, I ventured into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG section. It was very active at the time. The most active forum on the site.

If you are looking for a reason as to why I was banned, look no further than that section. The history here get’s complicated but I will try to explain it. TCG was filled with players, ranging from people like Olly (oh Olly how I miss you) to me to Shard. At that time I was considered a poor player, but I figured out how to change that. Online interaction is all about perception and I acted good. I talked a big game but to be honest I never showed it.

Everything changed on August 12th 2011. Though it was because of a simple misunderstanding, a miscommunication, that was the day my time on YCM became doomed. Marblezone and me got in an argument. It was not my first disagreement with a mod, but it ended with a 30-day ban. To be perfectly honest this was a harsh overreaction on his part, but that is what happened. A very important thing to note is that this was my first ban and so I was confused by the error message that the site presented me with.

To get some help, I turned to my closest friend on the site at the time, the infamous Red W Mage. I gave him my password so he could see what was up. Anyway, I believe some point around here I got a permanent ban for using an alt to talk to Marblezone. Once again this was a miscommunication which him and me resolved and he shortened my ban to about 20 days I believe. At the end of this time, I’m in school so I log on, post a little big, and log off.

That night while I am at swim practice, Red W Mage hands my password over to Ser and Byakk, The three of them go on a p0rn raid which results in a permanent ban for me. After some fierce debate with Icy on the subject, the ban gets shortened to a week for misuse of my password. That was my second permanent ban, but you will notice both were undeserved. A third ban of that type came when the week ban was lifted. It was a glitch in the system and should be discounted but of course given the general level of intellect on YCM, it is still counted.

In the upcoming months I make a name for myself as one of the better duelists on the site, making friends with Olly, Dog King (whose IRL name I guard) and a few other members like HORUS. We all mess about in the TCG section, having a good time like everyone else. Nothing all too important happens in the next few months. I only contribute greatly to YCM one more time in the initiation of the CC Advanced Clause. This is a contribution I am greatly unaccredited for considering I had to argue with Icy for a while before anyone took me seriously.

Now I should say that throughout my time one YCM I was never one to obey authority, or at least to not question it. So I report a fair number of threads, take up arguments on rules I find to be bad and such. One thing to note is that I was probably one of the only members on the site to read the rules for the Your Deck section, which brings me to the faithful moment.

Kanade Onatashi posted a 60 card deck, and as an attack on the laziness of the moderators of that section, I point out that Crab Helmet had banned decks over 50 cards. Unfortunately, Kanade was easily offended and most likely talked to her boyfriend or whatever Josh about it. I was then banned by the combined wishes of the moderators.

Since then I have lurked in the background. People might still remember Le Dolan, my alt over the summer. I personally believe that he showed what I have to offer, but that by no means is going to assure my return.

I guess what I really want to say is that even through my darkest times, I was always trying to help YCM. It’s like a brother too me and I would never to anything to actively harm it.

No, no. That really isn’t what I want to say. I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone on YCM, and for that matter, CGC, DN, Pojo, DGz, SummaXR and the many other sites I have visited because of YCM. You have made my life that much better and I think my time here has become a part of me.

Thank you.

(in case you don't know, I'm Gus. Goodbye.)

I suppose as I posted here to say I was leaving, I am sort of obliged to post here (and hopefully in a few less words) to say that I am back.

I am back.

After three weeks of being away, I am hopefully returning fresh and excited to be here again, and having accomplished more than I expected too to be honest. I admit I loitered once or twice as a guest whilst wittling away the early hours at work, but yeah look forward to being active again in my usual sections.

I suppose as I posted here to say I was leaving, I am sort of obliged to post here (and hopefully in a few less words) to say that I am back.

I am back.

After three weeks of being away, I am hopefully returning fresh and excited to be here again, and having accomplished more than I expected too to be honest. I admit I loitered once or twice as a guest whilst wittling away the early hours at work, but yeah look forward to being active again in my usual sections.

You need to remind me what it was you were doing.

Got a Skype, Matt?

Archived