Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"If you wish to do battle so soon, I will not stop you. I however will wait until the daylight cycle before moving on. The city is that way, if you believe you can reach it safely."

"What do you mean, reach it safely? Is there something we should be worried about between here and Coldharbour? I think we should stay with this person Not only have they not given me the sweets I wanted, but it's late and I'm tired and not really in the mood to move around much. Plus we're about three days from Coldharbour anyway, and sounds like there might be something dangerous over there anyway."

“I’m in agreement with Easter. It’s getting dark, so we wouldn’t be able to see anything, and it’s only going to get colder once the sun goes down. We’re better off setting up camp, and trying to stay warm for now. I can even cook us some dinner. How does that sound?”

Well, Fawkes certainly wasn't willing to run off into the tundra on her own. After all that had gone down lately, being alone in a freezing tundra at night was the last thing Fawkes wanted. She could get hypothermia or frostbite or something, and just die a shivering mess. Not a pleasant way to go.

"That sounds nice," Fawkes commented toward Brooke's offer. Fawkes thought about the kinds of foods she liked for a moment. Dora crossed Fawkes's mind as the sort of person who would eat anything set down in front of her, and Easter didn't seem too picky either, short of being very insistent on getting her(?) sweets. Then there was Deoxys...did it even have to eat at all? That meant Fawkes could make suggestions about what to cook. She wasn't sure what Brooke had handy, but suggestions never hurt, right? "Let's have something spicy," Fawkes suggested.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"Aaah, I didn't think being a Chaser would be this hard...I...I want to be better. I'll show them! Yeah...I'll...I'll be brave starting tomorrow."

"Why wait?" Kah asked, taking a short breather from the swimming then climbing a tree, neither of which were activities she was particularly experienced with. "Start today instead, so that you can be braver and stronger tomorrow. Keep going until you're at least as strong as...let's use Kazo as your first milestone." As strong as me would be a bit much. Planning was never Kah's strong suit, nor did she like asking favors - especially from non-dragons - but she had an idea. However, in the immediate present, she had bigger priorities.

"Can you take Mac?"

"Leave it to me!" Without stopping to offer Ari any further words, Kah jumped back down into the water, swimming in the same force-over-form manner she displayed earlier as she swam toward Mac. Whatever shot her up to the surface saved the Hydreigon a lot of work in catching Mac, as the Hydreigon's arms wrapped themselves around Mac briefly before hosting the smaller girl over her back, where the sextet of small wings wrapped themselves around the Helioptile. If she couldn't fly, may as well put those wings to some use. Kah then began swimming her way back toward the tree she'd been on, taking note of the lowering water levels. Good. The sooner this was done with, the better.

A small plan was hatching in the dragon's head. Not much, but enough.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazo was confused, tired, and cold. He had no idea what he was supposed to do anymore. He couldn't help this small group, and no matter what he did, it seemed he was failing at it. Hell, even Ari had more impressive feats under his belt right now. He managed to stay conscious against the fight... No... Slaughter...against the legend. What was he able to do? Not a Arcues damn thing.

Hell, apparently Kah was better than him right now... That egotistical, self centered... Gah... Well, what could he say? He was that pathetic after all. He barely registered that Mac was saved by... Something. Then it hit him.

Something saved Mac. Was there really something living in the lake? He sighed exhaustedly as Suiten dropped him off at the tree.

"Looks like we might be able to swim for shore soon,"

"Seems like it," Kazo commented softly as he waited. He reached up, gripping the small drill that hung around his neck. It comforted him, like it always did. He would keep going. He had to...

With Fia strangling Jabari and Bea going berserk on the Zebstrika, Denku took a minute to pause and catch his breath. They had an issue... They had no idea if Xerneas would heal Jabari again... Then the only thing they could hope to do was finish him with one strike... A Killing Strike.

Taking a deep breath, Denku closed his eyes and focused, gathering a Dark Pulse into his hand. He thought of all the pain he went through, the betrayal he had done, the ones that betrayed him. He thought of the nights he had spent alone, the pain his brother must have gone through. All the while, the Dark Pulse on his arm began to engulf his arm and head to his shoulder. Finally... He believed he was ready.

Opening his eyes, he ran at Jabari covering the distance and sliding to a halt between the legend and the legend slayer before launching himself through the air by expelling gas through his feet. With determined eyes and gritted teeth, he threw out his fist, aiming to send all the concentrated darkness into the God Slayer's heart.

Jjj76h5.png

"I know not what this Order is, nor what you speak of, but the only ones I have killed are those in Pride Rock and Volcanion." That was a decidedly unexpected response, but it told her more than it might have at first. There was the possibility that he was lying, but then the Zebstrika had no reason to lie at this moment. Those that surrounded him had every intention of killing him regardless of his involvement, or lack thereof, with the Order. In any case, what Jabari said suggested that the Godslayers were far from organized. Unfortunately, that also meant that they likely did not know where the others were. Then again...Volcanion was the only one of the legends that was confirmed dead. That could mean that they had only come together as a group shortly before attacking him, in which case they would have little knowledge of each other's past actions but might know their current plans. Whatever the case was, she had ample reason to return to Alpha and the temporary sanctuary that the Order had taken up there. She could not remember how to find it, at least not so far from the place as she was, but she was not concerned.

So it was that as Denku and Bea joined Fianna in continuing what Whisper believed to be a pointless attack on Jabari, Whisper was half lost in thought as she made considerations for the journey back. That as of yet unused ephemeral sword of darkness in her hand remained as it was, and she pair just enough attention to the fight that she could know when to dodge or retreat from it. In truth, she did not think it made sense to put the effort in to so much as attacking the Zebstrika now. Some major change would need to be made, and if they did manage to kill him then it was almost certain that Xerneas would become angry and turn on them. A cursory glance told her both that the Lord of Life was more powerful than Entei, and that her companions were not as strong as Easter was. In short, she did not think that was a fight the four of them could win, especially with the mute and likely the old man as well assisting Xerneas in the fight. In short, Whisper bid her time and considered what preparations she needed to make for her journey home.

Team Showdown, Fryst, Day 11

"I'll pay you back two fold..."

Isole continued to stare at Taiga as she was led away. Her usual blank expression was swapping back and forth with an angrier one. However the logical part of her brain allowed her to avoid any further action. Despite how much she felt she should to prevent that threat from coming to fruition.

The slap at the back of her head turned her attention towards Cabrakan. "Next time, pay attention,"

Isole gazed back at him with a look of pure venom before shaking her head in disgust. Complete idiots both of them. How they expected to make it long with their attitudes was beyond the girl. She thought back to Captain and the rest. Perhaps she had gotten an inflated view on groups with how well they worked together after all...

"I know Taiga isn't the most, er...tolerable...but that doesn't give you the right to just attack her behind her back! At least have the gall to attack her head on...You better at least apologize as soon as she's better."

By now Isole's expression was tending back towards her normal but the Scizor's words caused her eye to twitch. "No." She said, refusing to apologize. "You have to stand up to bullies..." her voice trailed off for a moment. She scoffed and walked off. This group was seeming less and less appealing the more she saw them. Their attitudes, the way they acted towards each other, she wouldn't be surprised if they ended up dead before the week ends. She had to strongly consider if she wanted to ditch these people or not. At this rate she was thinking she might have more luck on her own than with these people.

---

"I swear that girl looks so familiar." Sevda said as she led Taiga away, referring to Isole. "It's gonna bug the hell out of me....Well, here we are." She knocked on a door, wooden like those of the merchants, and a Delcatty man with a pair of cat ears on top his head opened up and answered.

"Hey there Sevda" he said, sounding tired. "What do you got for me this time...Oh, I see, Sharpedo now don't see many of them round these parts." He learned forward and looked Taiga up and down. "Electric attack, so this was a scuffle and not your work then? Pretty nasty looking wound there." He looked up at Taiga, staring unabashedly into her eyes. "Your kind tends to get pretty badly banged up. Gotta be careful hmm? Come on in I've got some salves for this."

He led them into the house, which, as it turned out, was a large room with a bed off to one end and the rest of the floor space covered in mats, potions, jars of berries, and a huge assortment of medicine and equipment. "Lucky you came today, yesterday we had a pretty nasty flu going around, whole place was covered in snot." He laughed, then stopped himself. "Er, I cleaned up, don't worry. Just sit down on that stool...it's uh somewhere over there, probably." He gestured to the side where it seemed like an avalanche of cloth and bandages were in a pile, with a bit of a stool sticking out from it. "I'm Arthur, got a name little lady?"

Team Karaoke, Adarid City, Day 10

"I guess it'd be polite for me to say that I'm sorry for not answering your question yesterday. A crazy bird pretending to be the librarian attempted to kill me. However, speaking of excuses...

What the hell did you do?"

Salvatore paused for a brief moment as he descended the stairs. "Ah there you are, dear girl, I was wondering when you'd show up." He slowly made his way towards Alleria, weaving around the bookshelves as he did. "You mean the Godslayer yes? They can be quite a hassle. I assume they're taken care of now? Well, whatever. What did I do, in regards to what?" He pointed with his cane at the books "That? Just looking for something is all, nothing important, but I figure why waste time being clean? Unless you mean..." He waved the cane in a circle around him "All that? Well, that upstart Nidoking thought he'd try and kill one of my best men. Well, we can't let such an insult pass you see. This is just the result of that. I admit it got a little...out of hand but that's what you get when you deal with such unprofessional men like Alphonse." He looked up suddenly as he heard footsteps approaching...

---

"Of course out of one problem into another,"

Fiona, who hadn't been paying much attention until now, looked up with a start. Upon seeing the Honchkrow from before, with Alleria, which brought memories flooding into her mind, of that night with Alleria before the fight, and she cowered behind Nine, trying to make herself as small as possible. She did not need to deal with this again.

"and you. Well, if you're here to check out a book, sorry to say the librarian's taking an extended vacation. But if you're not here for that, then just what is it that you want?"

Fiona was surprised to see someone talk so bluntly to the man standing before them. And the man himself also seemed off guard.

"Well then, who's this? Something about you look familiar, boy. Who are you to be asking such things? Well, no point in hiding it. Just thought this would be a good place to lay low is all. Quite the mess going on out there." There was a crashing sound that echoed through the room, coming from the direction Nine had arrived from. "And it looks like it's going to be here too, soon. What DID you get yourselves into?"

----

"I don't suppose someone here might know why today's been so eventful? Ever since this morning the streets were filled with riots, and the strange weather earlier also intrigues me."

One of the people next to Lok leaned forward eagerly. "Yeah I heard someone killed off that gang leader, Al, killed off his kid or something. Cut his head off and threw it right through a window. Messy sheet hey?"

As they reached their destination and Clotilde spoke to the driver, he turned to give her a piece of his mind and, seeing her smile, stammered something unintelligible and looked away.

The moment that they left the wagon, actually a bit before so Gwen had to almost throw herself out, and bump into Clotilde, drove off. "Ah, sorry about that, um, Clotilde right?"

It seemed they'd have a bit of a walk to go. And Gwen couldn't stop glancing behind her, at the fighting that was breaking out. She flinched as she heard a couple explosions go off and wondered if it would ever settle down.

She looked back at her companions and cleared her throat. "W-well it seems it will be a bit of a trek. So...I suppose we could talk for a bit yes?" She was trying to sound normal, avoid thinking about what was going on.

"Lok, I never asked, are you from Alpha? That's where I was before setting out, and I was thinking about why I never met you before. What did you leave for?" As she brought up their hometown, both she and Lok would feel an odd wave of confusion before it settled again.

Blinking rapidly she shook her head and spoke to Clotilde next. "And um, what brought you to Adarid City? I suppose you might have some questions for us, too?"

Team Sexual Tension, Xerneas' Sanctum, Day 8

Jabari finally realized his body was being wrapped in string, and that his neck was exposed. So he tried to tighten his neck muscles, making it harder to strangle, though in reality it only slowed down the process. He would have to find a way to remove it. But first, there was the Beedrill to worry about.

He had let her speak her piece to Xerneas, surprised at the threat to the one who they were supposedl protecting. Xerneas, for her part, didn't seem to react much and simply finished off imbuing the statue with a Heal Pulse.

Off to the side the Whimiscott narrowed his eyes as his attention was now split between Jabari and Bea.

"And YOU!! You think you're so entitled that you don't have to explain a funking thing, don't you, Champion of the Zebstrika? So what?! You expect us to believe that you betrayed your own tribe, sent their soldiers to their deaths and killed their tactician(?)... all on a funking WHIM??!! Tch, some champion you are. No one in their right mind would forgive you for what you've done! Least of all me!"

Jabari's nostrils flared at the woman's accusation. "They are not MY tribe." He said, speaking more than he had intended in his anger. Her words caused him to focus on her and so, when she attacked, he was ready. He grabbed the lance that she thrust at him and clenched it tight. So tight, in fact, that the metal began to bend around his hand. His anger was shining in his eyes as he noticed the other one preparing an attack, and telegraphing it, to the side. With a grunt he tugged on the lance and flung Bea into the way of Denku's attack.

His actions, while they prevented two strong attacks, served to wrap the string even tighter around his neck. He glared at Xerneas, standing passively, watching with a deep sorrow, and hit her with another Shockwave.

Team Mac, Crystal Lake, Day 10

As Mac plummeted towards the lake, had she been conscious, she might note how it was taking an awful long time for anyone to grab her. She would wonder if, perhaps, she was going to land back into the water and break some bones. Instead she landed in the arms of a Hydreigon. Still not the softest of landing but, beyond some bruising, she should be fine.

Kah would be able to reach her destination. Though it was lucky that the water level was nearly back to normal. Lucky for all of them. The swimming they had done would have taken much out of them and they'd find it difficult to swim much longer.

As it was, relatively water free areas began opening up and the lake started to return to its natural state. The mysterious rain had gone entirely and the sky, which was blue and almost cloudless, seemed to deny that it had even occurred.

Team Neo Not Dark, Tundra, Day 11

Deoxys took several minutes to respond to Easter's thoughts. During which it was impossible to tell if they had heard, or were even conscious. "It seems you were not given any information. I must question why Rayquaza gave it to this captain....That may have been a secret. I must request you forget that. In any case it seems I cannot gain knowledge from you. The battle to come will simply have to be fought without."

“I can even cook us some dinner. How does that sound?”

"Let's have something spicy,"

Dora ceased her rolling and looked up at the two, body now covered in a thin coating of snow, and grinned. "Yeah food! Spicy spicy spicy!" Dora chanted forgetting, for the moment, that she actually was quite sensitive to spicy things. She just kept up the chant as she tried to worm her way to her feet. Only succeeding in running into Brooke and nudging against her legs. "Hey." She said. "What do you think that strange Gijinka wants with us? Are they our new friend? Did we get three friends so quickly! Traveling is awesome!"

Night was falling and it seemed that Deoxys was going nowhere yet. They seemed to be completely in their own world at the moment, however, they were passively feeling about in each of the Gijinka's minds, learning, and discerning motives and intentions.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Despite being taken aback by Nine's forwardness, the honchkrow seemed willing to share with them that he was using this place as a kind of hideaway to avoid Al's gang for now. Nine wasn't entirely sure how he felt about having the same idea for a place to avoid attention as a crime lord did, but didn't have the luxury in trying to figure it out as a large rustling noise could be heard reverberating throughout the rest of the library. Letting out a bit of a sigh as the honchkrow asked what trouble the group had found themselves in, Nine looked back to Sal saying,"well, we might have stumbled into a bit of your mess."If Al's gang had already gotten back to them, then they'd likely have to get back on the move again, or attempt in trying to beat them in doors.

As he looked back behind him, he saw that Fiona was now somewhat cowering behind him. Nine briefly wondered what it was that was making Fiona so scared, being that there were only two people in front of him. One being a mob boss and the other being a somewhat mentally unstable dragon...Finding it no longer strange that she was so frightened, he simply but a hand on her head as he said,"don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to us." Trying his best to reassure her, Nine actually wasn't at all concerned with those in front of him, and instead what was coming in now. Looking to the other two who were with him he said, "if that's part of Al's gang, we could probably head into the Market and try to lose them there. Otherwise, we could probably find a way to hide away from or take them on in here."

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Isole had given Cabrakan nothing but a cold, blank stare. Fitting for an Ice-type. But it didn't stop the overall mood from souring.

"What has gotten into you?!" asked an enraged Scarlet, "I know Taiga isn't the most, er... tolerable... but that doesn't give you the right to just attack her behind her back! At least have the gall to attack her head on! You better at least apologize as soon as she gets better."

"No," Isole flat out refused, "You have to stand up to bullies..."

"Except standing up to someone implies that the both of you are making... eye contact...Cabrakan completed his sentence in a murmur, after seeing that Isole just up and left right in the middle of it, "Ugh, this is exactly how she almost died last time."

This time, however, he was tired of playing the hero. The entire adventure had taken its toll on Cabrakan, and right now he just wanted to shut his eyes and forget that this fiasco ever happened. At the same time though, he and the others still had much to do. They still needed to find that doctor, and reunite him with his family, and they still needed to find the Froslass that attacked them on S.S. Showdown and trapped them inside that cursed ice prison... and see what said Froslass was up to.

Having seen the drama unfold from a distance, Bubble merely shook her head. Considering what little interaction she could've had with Isole, she was quick to think of the girl as rude. And then there was Taiga, who was just the worst.

"You really need a better assortment of colleagues, Dad," she mentioned.

"Yeah, I know," Cabrakan stated, "At least Scarlet was a decent find."

"One out of three, though?" Bubble queried, "And here I am thinking Mom was bad a-..."

"Don't mention your mother! ...please," then, with a heavy sigh, Cabrakan turned away from Bubble and Scarlet, "I need to be alone for a moment. I'll leave the two of you to do what you will."

With that, he trudged down the snow-filled land in a different direction from what Isole had taken... and he wasn't exactly headed home either. Knowing there was only one other place he could be going, Bubble was tempted to tail Cabrakan... but then she remembered how easily she could be made. Being the one Slugma Gijinka in town made her stand out enough, and her heavily pregnant state would only make her easier to spot rather than harder. Bubble shrugged her shoulders.

"Welp, guess I better get back to it," she said to herself, walking in a third direction as she did so.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

Xerneas was indifferent to Beatrice's ultimatum. A little... too indifferent. It was almost though she didn't even heed the ultimatum; instead, she'd been charging up a statue with Heal Pulses, and continued to do so for a considerable length of time. If she were to guess, Beatrice would have to assume Xerneas was preparing for something big. This of course meant Beatrice had to move fast.

Unfortunately, Beatrice's recklessness would cost her again, as one lance had been warped around Jabari's hand. That alone would make it unwieldy, but what happened next was unavoidable. Due to the warping of the lance itself, the toxins that were housed inside had erupted from the tip of that lance, and since it was originally pointed at his head, Jabari would find that the toxins had been sprayed all over his face before diminishing, with only drips of toxin left inside. The lance was be useless, but that would not be the last of Beatrice's dilemmas. Jabari had also hurled Beatrice straight into the path of Denku's attack, and the two accelerated too quickly toward each other for her to recover from the throw and divert her course in time. There was only one thing for it.

Dropping the destroyed lance, Beatrice braced herself for the collision by holding one shoulder forward. And then she accelerated towards Denku. Her gaze contained nothing but pure sorrow and regret for what she was about to do, but that was the only iota of a warning Beatrice had time to give to the allied Pupitar before slamming into his chest with all the power she had to offer. The collision had busted her shoulder and caused her to shriek in agony, and she was certain that Denku would appreciate neither the sudden blow nor his attack having been thrown off as a result... but it was better than taking that attack in Jabari's place.

She recovered from the impact... as much as she was ever going to, and pulled back up before she could hit the ground. But then she stopped, hovering in midair as she turned to face Jabari. No doubt he'd be preoccupied with the toxins spilt on his face, or the strings Fjanna wrapped around his neck. But Beatrice couldn't care less about that, and she didn't care about the damage she took to her shoulder either. There was only one thing she did care about... payback.

"Denying me of my revenge is one thing! But making me hurt my best friend?! THAT'S EVEN LESS FORGIVABLE!!" with that, Beatrice charged at Jabari once again, this time keeping that one good lance withdrawn. It was possible that Jabari learned his lesson not to try and intercept these types of lances with the amount of force that he had, but Beatrice didn't want two lances getting busted in the same battle over the epiphany that he hadn't. One destroyed lance was bad enough...

Items Lost: Poisonous Lance x1

“See, thing is, we’re kinda in a-

Oh my god Fiona, you’re finally here! Where did you go? I’ve been looking for you for a while! You’re really worrying me, you know? If it’s not for Nine being with you…”

Alleria didn’t finish her sentence as she noticed the presence of Fiona, and Nine who was escorting her. Of course, as she went into silence as she waited for Nine to reply to the Honchkrow, she also started to feel an intense feeling building up within her. It had been a while since she fully felt it. Jealousy, was it? Seeing how Fiona chose to cower behind Nine instead of her, seeing how Nine was the one that attempted to comfort her instead of Alleria herself, and seeing how Fiona seemed to avoid her in favor of him…that all felt unpleasant. She wondered what she could do to remove that feeling of unpleasantness, but before she could do it, she realized about the noise from the distance.

“Let’s head to the Market. We’ll use the library’s layout to confuse the attackers, and we’ll create as much distance as we could in the meantime.

As for you…” She turned towards the Honchkrow. “With how much you seemed to not bother cleaning up your own mess, I think you’re up to something. But eh, nevermind. If those are Al’s goons, then they could be your problem.

Oh hey Nine, thinking about it, you think we can use this Honchkrow here as a bait or distraction? Seems fair to do it especially since he's the reason this happens in the first place.”

Progress to Fia’s explosion: 85%

There really was not much happening on her side. The sheer apathy of the Xerneas in regards of actually ending this fight, and Jabari’s pathetic persistence to move for the kill only served to irritate her further. Jabari’s muscles tightened as he tried to resist her attempt to strangle him, but Fia couldn’t just let him survive easily like that. Thus, in response she simply increased her effort to tighten the noose.

If only she had her knife with her, then she could stop his breathing in a more efficient way.

Adarid City / ~

At her offer, the two followed and jumped off the wagon. The girl companion happened to have unfortunate timing and bumped into Clotilde. "Ah, sorry about that, um, Clotilde right?"

"Yes, that is right." She faintly remembered introducing herself to the girl back when she first jumped in, which felt like so long ago now. She grabbed the girl by her shoulders and set her standing straight. She let go, took a step back and faced both of them. "This reminds me, I should have properly introduced myself to the both of you considering we have had a number of opportunities to do so before now."  Once again she lifted the hems of her skirt in a curtsy, without the accompanying 'smile'. "Clotilde Cavendish at your service, Miss Gwen and Mister Lok."

With that established, the three began walking. Without foul weather or obstacles in their way, they delved into casual conversation.

"Well, I am actually an Adarid resident proper. Although I have not resided here for some time now. I stayed a few years in a maid training school a little distance outside the city... and I became a Chaser a while after I graduated. I happened to be dropping by temporarily when all this commotion occurred."

"Questions? Well, how did you and your companions get involved with that brute at the gate earlier? It seemed unlikely to me that he would pursue random strangers so adamantly."

"Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend Miss ChristQ's works. She dabbles in many genres but her mysteries are the easiest to pick up, although her 'Horror Stories That Last A Hundred Nights' anthology is also a great way to familiarize yourselves with her style...(omitted)"

"So you two are also Chasers? If you do not mind my asking, for what reasons did you two choose this occupation?"

Small tidbits of such carefree dialogue could be heard alongside three pairs of footsteps as the trio continued along their way.

bgdN12F.png

"Why wait?" Kah asked. "Start today instead, so that you can be braver and stronger tomorrow. Keep going until you're at least as strong as...let's use Kazo as your first milestone."

"What? But he's so strong..." Ari trailed off. Ever since he had seen him during that first battle back in Oasis, along with the gentleness and respect he'd shown toward that Chaser who'd been killed...he knew. This guy was a real Chaser. Or at least had what it took to become one. Even after Regirock's talk, he believed that. It would take a lot of time to become as strong as Kazo.

When Kah went to rescue Mac, the lion watched with no small amount of worry. I hope she makes it in time, he thought.

Suiten, meanwhile, after arriving at the tree, took that time to sit with them and rest. He didn't feel like swimming the distance it would take to reach the shore just yet. Though he kept his eye on Kazo. He wasn't sure if he was ready to trust the other dragon not to try and make a break for it anyway just yet.

As Kah started to swim back, Ari called out encouragements. "You can do it!" he shouted. "Go Kah!"

The Samurott next to him snorted, but tensed up in case she needed help. Still, she looked to be going strong, even if all of that swimming was taking a toll on her.

tRCh4Z6.png

HCx6EwD.png

"I’m in agreement with Easter," Brooke said, causing the Sylveon to fist pump on the inside. "It’s getting dark, so we wouldn’t be able to see anything, and it’s only going to get colder once the sun goes down. We’re better off setting up camp, and trying to stay warm for now." She patted Dora on the head. "I can even cook us some dinner. How does that sound?"

"That sounds nice," Fawkes chimed in. "Let's have something spicy."

"Spicy, huh..." Easter wasn't the biggest fan of spiced foods, but he wouldn't say anything. After all, he had already made it clear what he did like, and that was sweets. By now, if the group hadn't realized that, they were dumber than he took them for.

Not to mention he was a bit too excited about the prospect of actually getting to stay with the kids and Brooke while fulfilling his goals at the same time. He had been half-expecting them to want to head for Coldharbour anyway, had been preparing for the inevitable goodbye, but it never came. It was...an odd feeling, to be sure.

He helped to set up the camp, not wanting Brooke to be the only one doing the work. Normally he wouldn't be so willing to pull his weight, as it would look odd for a "cute little girl" to be so strong. Perhaps Deoxys' comment on the head of household had gotten to him more than he had thought? Either way, he tried to make himself useful, even offering to help Brooke cook, which he wasn't too bad at, honestly. Though it had been a while since he last cooked, as he usually found his sustenance from swindling sweets out of other gijinka.

--

"It seems you were not given any information. I must question why Rayquaza gave it to this captain....That may have been a secret. I must request you forget that. In any case it seems I cannot gain knowledge from you. The battle to come will simply have to be fought without."

It's not like I can simply forget unless you make me, the Sylveon replied. Perhaps it was unwise to push his luck with someone like Deoxys, but he wanted to see how far he could push. How far this Deoxys was willing to go. Would they attempt to mind-wipe him? Most likely, they would succeed, and probably mess up his psyche in the process, but he found he didn't care. This adrenaline that coursed through his veins, this excitement. This was what he lived for. Because most people were just humdrum, weak, fools--unless they were children, then they had an excuse--that were nothing more than wastes of space. To see how far he could go, he would see how far others would.

However, there was something just as juicy that this alien had inadvertently revealed. So there's a battle? Against whom? Kyurem? he asked. Kyurem was a legend shrouded in mystery, though not as much as Deoxys was. If Deoxys was indeed after Kyurem, then it would be a clash never before seen. Alien versus alien. If that were the case, he needed to get some popcorn. Sprinkled with sugar of course. So kettle corn. He would have to see if the Coldharbour natives even sold that. Most likely they sold something sweet, anyway, even if it was only ice pops.

The Slums Team Karaoke

"W-well it seems it will be a bit of a trek. So...I suppose we could talk for a bit yes?" Lok turned to Gwen. She was clearly on edge, probably due to the events that were taking place around them. They did have a long trip ahead of them - the library was still quite far away. "Lok, I never asked, are you from Alpha? That's where I was before setting out, and I was thinking about why I never met you before. What did you leave for?"
"Yeah, I'm from Alpha, and..." He thought, for a second. It was strange that they hadn't met each other - after all, Lok was sure he knew almost everyone from Alpha. As his mind pondered, he suddenly got lost in his many thoughts. It took him a good minute before getting back to the subject at hand. Eventually, however, he couldn't find a logical answer. Shrugging, he responded. "...I don't actually know why we haven't met before. Maybe we have and don't remember?

As for why I left, well, I'm after the legendary Hoopa! I need to learn from and maybe surpass him or her to become better at practical jokes."
Actually, now that he thought about, he hadn't actually done any sort of pranks for quite a while. To be fair, he didn't really have time to. He made a mental note to prank around at some point. "As soon as the word got around of the legends, a lot of my friends went out to hunt for various legendaries...most of us went for Hoopa obviously but some of the others hunted for...Giota? No...Oh, Giratina! That's the other one...of course, there were others mentioned here and there but those were the more common ones. That reminds me, I have to tell Allain that I met Azelf. She's gonna freak!" He seemed to be talking to himself with that last sentence before returning his attention back to Gwen. "Sorry, got sidetracked there...anyways...most of us started searching in small groups, but eventually my group broke up due to...internal issues..." He seemed to try and brush that last point aside, as if he didn't really want to talk about it. "After that I heard about the music festival, and well...that's what lead me to Juyu." 

The three kept going on there way uninterrupted. As the group walked they seemed to talk among themselves. They talked about various things, which helped tune out the chaos around them. Gwen had asked Clotilde about herself, where she responded and asked questions of her own. "So you two are also Chasers? If you do not mind my asking, for what reasons did you two choose this occupation?"

"Well, I became a chaser to learn from Hoopa and to meet some friends along the way." This seemed to be the only question that Lok answered, mainly because it was one of the two that he could answer. The other one...well, he didn't really feel like talking about it. Plus, he wasn't too sure about the details of the whole situation. 

Outskirts of Fryst Team Showdown

"No. You have to stand up to bullies..." This infuriated Scarlet, but before she could get a good quip Isole was already walking off. "You know literal backstabbing doesn't count, right?" She shouted as Isole was away before pinching her eyebrows together. "You really need a better assortment of colleagues, Dad," Scarlet turned to Bubble, whom she had momentarily forgotten about in her rage. Somehow the conversation between the family had helped calm down a bit. "I need to be alone for a moment. I'll leave the two of you to do what you will." 
"Welp, guess I better get back to it,"
Scarlet simply nodded as the two of them went on their own separate ways. It would seem that the group were split up...yet again. She let out a loud sigh. "I should probably find Isole. Something's...wrong...about her..." Plus, she still needed to find clues to find the doctor and she wanted to go make sure Taiga was ok. She begrudgingly walked along the path that Isole had gone.

"Start today instead, so that you can be braver and stronger tomorrow. Keep going until you're at least as strong as...let's use Kazo as your first milestone."

"What? But he's so strong..." Kazo chuckled softly as he heard Ari. The boy was really cute and innocent. Still, it was only a matter of time before he figured it out. Hell, he knew Kah knew he was weak, and... well, Arcues knows what goes through Mac's mind. 

"Hey, don't worry about it," Kazo mentioned to Ari. "I'm sure you'll surpass me in no time," Kazo stated before looking over the water. He was tempted to jump and swim towards shore, but Suiten was eyeballing him. Great, now the only sane person over the age of 10 thought he was a liability to. Fun.  

Denku figured it was fate, and only fair for what had happened. As he went for his 'Killing Strike', Jabari had thrown Bea at him, and in order for her to avoid smashing into his fist, she rammed into his chest, throwing him off course and causing him to crash into the ground, yelling in pain as his shoulder rammed into the ground. He grunted as he struggled to stand up, holding on to his injured shoulder.

"Denying me of my revenge is one thing! But making me hurt my best friend?! THAT'S EVEN LESS FORGIVABLE!!"  While her rage was... a bit frightening, honestly, he felt a small warm fuzzy feeling in his chest. However, that was quickly replaced by a piercing pain, one that caused Denku to grab his chest, his pupils dilating. 

"Sh-sheet... not here... not now," He muttered as he began to cough. He could feel it fill his mask with every cough... blood. Why did he had to have an attack now? ... Then again, he did go through a battlefield nearly all day without any rest. It was shocking he was only having it now. He wobbled, nearly falling, but he managed to stand. His vision was being to blur. Crap... he fell over, coughing. It seemed he needed to lay down for a bit...

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"I swear that girl looks so familiar.  It's gonna bug the hell out of me....Well, here we are." 

"Don't think about it too hard...it'll drive you pirate...I MEANT IRATE!"

Sevda knocked on a wooden door, and from the other side, a Delcatty appeared.  Not just any Delcatty either, but a doctor Delcatty.  It took a minute for Taiga to put two and two together, but as soon as she realized who it was, she almost fell on her tail fin.  Was this for real?  It couldn't have been this easy to find that deadbeat dad in this town.  From the looks of it, it didn't seem that he was being held against his will.  

"Hey there Sevda.  What do you got for me this time...Oh, I see, Sharpedo now don't see many of them round these parts.  Electric attack, so this was a scuffle and not your work then? Pretty nasty looking wound there.  Your kind tends to get pretty badly banged up. Gotta be careful hmm? Come on in I've got some salves for this."

The man was so close to her face that instinct begged her to snap half of his face off.  

"Lucky you came today, yesterday we had a pretty nasty flu going around, whole place was covered in snot.  Er, I cleaned up, don't worry. Just sit down on that stool...it's uh somewhere over there, probably.  I'm Arthur, got a name little lady?"

Taiga found the stool after kicking some bandages and clothes over, and sat down, grunting as she did so.  

"Listen pal, I ain't no 'little lady', got it?  And second off, the name's Taiga."  She looked around the room, seeing if Sevda was in earshot, but she knew she was.  "And what, pray tell, is a Delcatty doing in the middle of this frozen tundra...don't you got like...a family that needs you or something?"

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke was pleasantly surprised to learn that Easter was willing to help her set up camp. Between the two of them, it took half an hour to clear the campsite of snow. “I could probably melt it,” she admitted to Easter as she worked. “But I had an idea. Help me pile up this snow, then I’ll explain more.”

When they were done, they had a wide, circular clearing in the snow comfortable enough for all of them. They had pushed most of the snow to the outskirts of the camp, which would make the second phase of the plan easier. “Okay, now for that second part I was talking about,” Brooke said, her breathing slightly heavier than normal, and her cheeks more red from exertion than the cold. “See the snow we piled up around the edges of the camp? It almost looks like a wall, doesn’t it? Well, that’s because that’s what it’s going to be once we’re done with it,” she declared, smiling. “It’ll keep the wind out, so we’ll stay warm, and…” she walked over to Dora and Fawkes, who were sitting around the fire they had managed to get going, wrapped up in the thick blankets they had been given. She crouched down, to be eye level with them, and grinned like a little kid. “We get to make a snow fort! How cool is that?”

Brooke knew that she shouldn’t have been excited over it, but: 1) she had grown up in Deku, where the most they got in terms of snow was disgusting flurries that were cold and gross, and 2) envisioning Fawkes and Dora playing in the snow melted her heart. Just because this wasn’t a traditional “vacation” didn’t mean that she couldn’t make sure her kids remembered it fondly, after all. “I can get dinner cooking while you all build the walls, and I’ll join you as soon as I can. Easter will help you with it until then, right Easter?” She winked at him, hoping that he played along. They were kids, stuck in a tundra in the middle of nowhere, after having their home destroyed. They deserved some fun.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

Obviously, it was cold out here. Cold and windy, such was a tundra at night. As Fawkes sat beside a fire, wrapped up in a thick blanket to keep warm, she paid little mind to Brooke and Easter working their way around the campsite. The movements of the flame and the warmth radiating from it called for her attention. The way little sparks would sometimes flicker off from the main fire, and the swaying manner in which the fire itself moved, almost as if it were an upside-down waterfall of some sort, made even a little fire seem a lot bigger than it actually was. Being in a cold environment probably helped that impression.

However, the mesmerizing sights of the campfire were a perfect way to focus Fawkes's sight onto something without actually paying attention to detail. Which in turn let her think about things in an organized manner. This Deoxys person, they came out of the rock that fell from the sky. Are they a boy or a girl though? I can't tell. They speak in a weird way though; I know that much. Those arms...can I even call them arms? They're more like tentacles. Really long tentacles. Whatever Deoxys is, I've seen plenty of things like that in books before, and I know how to see a pattern. It's an alien. Which means we need to make sure it likes us, AND our planet. Otherwise we're in big trouble when it goes home and calls for an invasion.

Aliens were impressive creatures, weren't they? Now that she had the idea set in her head, however, she expected Deoxys to be a bit bigger. Glancing over in the alien's direction, Fawkes was about to ask if it had ever eaten spicy food before, when...

“See the snow we piled up around the edges of the camp? It almost looks like a wall, doesn’t it? Well, that’s because that’s what it’s going to be once we’re done with it. It’ll keep the wind out, so we’ll stay warm, and… We get to make a snow fort! How cool is that?”

"A snow fort!?" Fawkes's ears and tail perked up at the idea of building one, and a smile shot onto her face. She'd always wanted to build a snow fort, but given the lack of actual snow in Deku as opposed to just mushy flurries, she hadn't had the chance. Of course, Fawkes was small, so it wasn't like she'd get to make a big fort or anything. Even if she built a wall as high as she could reach, Brooke or Easter would probably be able to vault over it or something. However, a snowball fight wasn't what they were here for right now! They were going to build a snow fort!

"We can probably build it without a door too; you could just melt the walls when we leave in the morning," Fawkes commented, picking up a bit of snow with her hands and applying it to the almost-wall set up around them.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"You can do it! Go Kah!"

Of course I can, Kah mentally commented. She wasn't any two-bit fish, but the water was going back down, nearing its original level once again. Even if the swimming was starting to tire her out - one physical test after another with this group, wasn't it? - powering through the last of it and resting herself against the same tree she'd sent Ari up wasn't too bad. She had to work on her swimming technique. That could wait, however. For now, Kah didn't even bother climbing up a second time. Just keeping a grip on the tree while she caught her breath was enough, right?

"Never a dull day with you kids around, is it?" Kah called up the tree. Fine by me. If life is hard, that just means I come out on top even better than if it were easy.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine listened to what the other two had thought they was going to be the better direction to go. Alleria was more in favor of going into the market place, trying to throw their pursuers off, where as Fiona was more in favor of staying in doors. Which left the deciding vote to Nine as to where to go. While trying to think more on where it was he was going to go, Alleria had then brought up the idea of using the honchkrow boss as bait for the people chasing after them. A bit concerned with how she thought they were going to go about this, Nine still disagreed with the idea regardless. Shaking his head, he said, "no, he's fine as he is. If it's Al's crew, they're going to gun after him regardless of what it is we do to him, and,"he looked to Sal saying, "I doubt you'd be willing to do it without causing some kind of hassle for us all the same."

Nine thought about the paths once more and said, "alright, I got it. We'll hang out in the upstairs of the library. If it's really them then we can do one of two things by staying here. We can either hope that they just pass through without noticing us, or we can just hold out up there if they come at us. Regardless, it'd be better to hang by the south side staircase since there's an entrance right next to it, so we can easily make a break for it if they do come upstairs." Unless of course they came in from that area, but even then, given how far apart the staircases were, they'd end up bottle necked if they chased after them. 

Team Karaoke, Day 10, Adarid City

"well, we might have stumbled into a bit of your mess."

Salvatore smiled at this, and gave a brief chuckle. "Well now, seems I've found myself a feisty one." He tilted his head, leaning towards Nine slightly. "What's your name, boy? I think I'd like to offer you a job. As you can tell my position lands me in, as you said, many messes. It would be good to have someone as spirited as you to help me out. What do you say?"

After giving his offer, Salvatore leaned back slightly, watching as the group planned their next move with some amusement.

"don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to us."

Fiona smiled sweetly at Nine. "Got him" she thought. That was all too easy. Now she could be certain she had some sort of protection from Alleria if she tried anything again.
Speaking of Alleria...It seemed she was excited to see Fiona. Why her personality was shifting so much, Fiona couldn't tell. It was almost like she didn't remember...what had happened? Fiona frowned, realizing she wasn't entirely sure what had occurred either. Just that Alleria was insane and dangerous.

"if that's part of Al's gang, we could probably head into the Market and try to lose them there. Otherwise, we could probably find a way to hide away from or take them on in here."

“Let’s head to the Market. We’ll use the library’s layout to confuse the attackers, and we’ll create as much distance as we could in the meantime."

Fiona didn't like that. She wanted to stay here. This is where...they had been, all those years...she didn't want to just leave it. Her eyes flashed, though she kept her gaze lowered, as she thought about those who were disturbing this place. It was nearly the same as desecrating Kiwidinok's body itself...the realization she didn't actually get to see the Xatu's body worried her briefly but she had to speak up.

As for you…With how much you seemed to not bother cleaning up your own mess, I think you’re up to something. But eh, nevermind. If those are Al’s goons, then they could be your problem.

Oh hey Nine, thinking about it, you think we can use this Honchkrow here as a bait or distraction? Seems fair to do it especially since he's the reason this happens in the first place.”

"no, he's fine as he is. If it's Al's crew, they're going to gun after him regardless of what it is we do to him, and,"he looked to Sal saying, "I doubt you'd be willing to do it without causing some kind of hassle for us all the same."

Salvatore laughed. "So many fiesty youngsters today, I like you, girl. My offer for this young man still extends to you as well, I'm more than willing to let the two of you in. I can promise there will always be plenty of work, and plenty of Poke, to go around." He seemed more amused than angry at the bait part. "Bold as well. Whatever you decide you should do it soon. That man is determined, he'll be here shortly."

"alright, I got it. We'll hang out in the upstairs of the library. If it's really them then we can do one of two things by staying here. We can either hope that they just pass through without noticing us, or we can just hold out up there if they come at us. Regardless, it'd be better to hang by the south side staircase since there's an entrance right next to it, so we can easily make a break for it if they do come upstairs."

Fiona seemed satisfied with that, and Salvatore amused. Even if Alleria protested, Fiona was already on the way to the staircase. Once the group reached it they'd hear the noises of doors slamming open, nearing the south entrance itself. Fiona quickened the pace and headed up the stairs...Only to see a not very amused Skarmory standing there. She recognized it as one of the two guards that had been with Salvatore when they first met. "Out of my way." He said in a low voice, stepping around the group and positioning himself to be able to leap down the staircase if needed.

As they passed him by the southern door slammed open, and Fiona flinched at the lack of respect, and Al barged in with a trio of Rhyhorn and a pair of Diggersby following behind.

"YOU!" He roared, pointing at Salvatore.

"Me." Salvatore said with a sly smile. "It's so good to see you old friend, how's your nephew...oh, that's right." His tone had changed from when he spoke to the group. It was vicious, practically bloodthirsty, and his entire demeanor had changed to one of intense killing intent.

Al didn't speak more and just opened his mouth and let loose an Ice Beam. Salvatore stood unmoving as it raced towards him.

Suddenly a blur and he was gone. If anyone was watching they'd be able to notice where he landed, on top of one of the bookshelves, with a Talonflame setting him down carefully before flapping their wings and hovering over the library floor.

Al looked towards one of the Diggersby who moved forward and put his hands on the ground, sending a shockwave from an Earthquake forward. The bookshelves shook violently, and some started to break, but the one Salvatore now stood on was still standing fine.

Fiona shuddered and tensed up as she saw the damage being done to the library, it was clear that she was angered. The meek little girl from before was battling against an enraged beast while she watched the beginning of the fight below.

-----

"It's very nice to meet you Clotilde. Oh, and, if you'd like, you can call me by full name. It's Gwendoline, by the way. Maid training seems interesting, I don't think I've met one before...er, before now, that is."

"Questions? Well, how did you and your companions get involved with that brute at the gate earlier? It seemed unlikely to me that he would pursue random strangers so adamantly."

"Ah, hmm. I'm not...entirely sure. It's a bit of an odd story...hard to believe, really." She went on to explain what they had been up to lately. That evidently Alleria had some connection to Al, that they had needed to go to the slums to recover a book, and that he had helped them. She left out the fight in the slums, not wanting to give away the Legend trio, and explained that evidently Al somehow blamed them, in part, for reasons she didn't quite understand.

They walked longer after that, with bits and pieces of conversation. "I actually haven't read much besides books for children. You see I took care of my younger siblings, and their friends, often so most of my days were spent with them. I'll have to try some, sometime." She didn't add the fact that her reading level was actually quite low. She was embarrassed by this but she hadn't had much reason to read much before. She was always busy back home.

"So you two are also Chasers? If you do not mind my asking, for what reasons did you two choose this occupation?"

Gwen nodded along with Lok's answers. It was odd, she really should have met him before right? But, the more she thought of it, the more she realized she couldn't actually picture anyone in Alpha besides her family. It was rather...odd, and not only slightly concerning. Maybe she should go back there for a time, to see what it was she was missing. The boy went on to explain why he left, and she couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm. "My my Hoopa that's interesting..." She couldn't actually say she knew the name well. She never did learn much about the Legends after all.

Lok continued and Gwen didn't have much to say until...but some of the others hunted for...Giota? No...Oh, Giratina!

Something changed on her face. She looked as though she had seen something frightening. The name. Just that name brought something out in her. She felt her heart pounding quicker as something came to mind. A darkness, and cruel eyes, and...she shuddered and reached into her bag, placing her hand on the pillow inside and calming herself down.

She figured she should answer Clotilde's question as well. "Well actually...I just wanted to get stronger. This...this place we live is dangerous and the children of it are always facing such danger. I want...to stop that. I don't really have any reason to fight the Legends besides that. Though...I must fight Giratina." She paused. Must? How...odd. She wondered why she felt this strongly...

They kept going until the library finally came into sight. They had been taking a brisk pace so far and should arrive there fairly soon. Gwen thought of something as they walked. "Clotilde. If you do not mind. After this we could travel together maybe? Have you seen many places besides Adarid City? Er, that's okay with you right Lok?"

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

"Don't think about it too hard...it'll drive you pirate...I MEANT IRATE!"

Something about Taiga's words bothered Sevda. That was a really unusual mistake. Why would she say it like that in the first place....Sevda leaned against the wall, looking away from Taiga and the doctor, to give them some space and privacy, while she mulled it over.

"Listen pal, I ain't no 'little lady', got it?  And second off, the name's Taiga. And what, pray tell, is a Delcatty doing in the middle of this frozen tundra...don't you got like...a family that needs you or something?"
"I see I see, well, my mistake then. Taiga it is." The doctor seemed to grow uncomfortable with Taiga's question. "Well you know, always busy, don't have time for that kind of thing. Not many doctors around and there's always someone with something. Gotta keep people healthy especially when we're in a place like this right?" He leaned in, paused. "I'm going to have to lift your shirt, to apply this ointment. It's gonna sting but it'll help heal faster." He gingerly lifted up the girl's shirt slightly, just enough to reveal the slightly charred area where the Thunderbolt had hit. "Hmm, not in a bad area, seems you got lucky, likely the best place you could have been hit...well besides nowhere of course." The man chuckled and went about his work, rubbing the ointment on the spot. It would sting, and then be replaced by a sharp cold feeling.

The doctor kept his hand on the wound and shot out a Heal Pulse. The energy flowed into Taiga and she could feel her wound lessening. "You should be fine, as long as you don't put too much stress on yourself for the rest of the day." He looked at Sevda. "I take it we can do the usual payment?"
Sevda, who was lost in thought, almost didn't notice she was being talked to. "Hm? Ah, yes. That's fine." She hesitated, before moving towards Taiga. "What you said before, that was no simple mixup. What did you mean?"
----
Isole groaned as she wandered about the town. She didn't realize how suspicious the guards would be. Sure Rotom weren't common but surely they had some around, especially of her variant species. And those others, they had even more issues than the ship crew. What was she going to do?
As she walked she noticed that the guards were eying her. Whatever, as long as she didn't do anything stupid they wouldn't do anything in return right? Now, where was she...
It seems she had wandered towards the area to the left of the gate, and was nearing an area that separated the residential area from the stairs that led towards the top of the wall. Shrugging she continued along the wall and made her way up the stairs. She might as well take a good look at the view from up there. It wasn't an area off limits to travelers and, while there were plenty of guards, it should be relatively safe.

Team Sexual Tension, Day 8, Xerneas' Sanctum

"Denying me of my revenge is one thing! But making me hurt my best friend?! THAT'S EVEN LESS FORGIVABLE!!"
The girl had recovered from the counter move quicker than Jabari would have hoped, but he was ready for her. Already he was used to her movements, and she was quite unsubtle with her attacks. He was covered in string but the flames from his earlier attacks still burned within him, keeping him from being entirely slowed. The other girl's strings made things difficult still, and she was tightening them around him. He'd have to end this Beedrill soon to be able to deal with that.
Thankfully it seemed the others were mostly out of the fight and Jabari could focus more on the threat that was charging him. He let out a Shockwave which struck Bea with a quick jolt of electricity, then her braced himself and took her attack, enduing it, and grabbing onto the girl's throat. He lifted her up and began to squeeze, strangling her even as Fia strangled him.

Xerneas was watching with tears glistening in her eyes, looking around at the group, considering her options. She fired off the Heal Pulse inside of the stature and struck Denku with it, deeming him the most injured. The splash effect also healed Jabari and Bea, though only somewhat, and she immediately began charging up another.
She locked eyes with Whisper as she did this. "You are not one who is innocent of death. But you avoid fighting now." Her voice echoed in Whisper's mind. "If you can stop your companions, and cease this needless fighting, I beseech you to do it. I can only do so much to keep someone from dying. Even now I sense its presence growing closer. We cannot afford this bout to go on."

Team Mac, Day 10, Crystal Lake

Mac, still unconscious, stirred as Kah reached her destination. There was an odd peace about the area, given the recent events, and the lake, after about five more minutes, had returned back to normal. The ground in the near area was wet, muddy, and fairly free of obstruction but other than that it was like nothing had happened at all.
It seemed that Mac would be unconscious for a while yet, but she was breathing fine, albeit shivering, and the sky was clear. They could easily move on from this spot and would likely not see anyone for a good while. Though after about an hour animals would slowly start to return to the are, leery of the group of Gijinka that were nearby.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 11, Tundra

“We get to make a snow fort! How cool is that?”
"Fort tiiiiime!" Dora actually had no idea what a fort was but it sounded like something fun, given Fawkes' reaction. She watched as Brooke got it started and Fawkes began to add to it. Oh so THAT's what it was. She tilted her upper body, bending almost at a 90 degree angle, and bent to the other end, and back again, while looking on. She didn't know exactly how she was going to go about this but..."I got it!" Dora began to shoot out bursts of water from her mouth, striking the snow and moving it along, packing it into a roughly wall shaped thing, but also causing ice patches which, while unorthodox, did manage to keep the snow in place. She giggled as she almost splashed Fawkes over and over with her wild firing.

Deoxys meanwhile was still sitting off to the side, observing passively. The littlest one's thoughts came to them during this.
This Deoxys person, they came out of the rock that fell from the sky. Are they a boy or a girl though? I can't tell. They speak in a weird way though; I know that much. Those arms...can I even call them arms? They're more like tentacles. Really long tentacles. Whatever Deoxys is, I've seen plenty of things like that in books before, and I know how to see a pattern. It's an alien. Which means we need to make sure it likes us, AND our planet. Otherwise we're in big trouble when it goes home and calls for an invasion.

After a while they decided to respond to the girl. "My gender is unimportant but according to your body structure I believe this current form could be called female for the most part. I, in fact, have arms. They are underneath the appendages you call tentacles. As for an invasion....While an invasion could be a logical solution to the problems I bear witness to it is not under my authority that such a thing happens. I assure you that if an invasion happens it will not be decided by my own opinion."

The Legend still had one other to respond to.
"It is not in my capacity to alter memories. However if I must it is possible I could erase your memories in a more barbaric way. The brain is a fragile organ." Deoxys spoke with absolutely no malice in its voice, despite its words. "The battle is with Kyurem yes. I thought you would deduce such already. Perhaps the mental capability of creatures on this planet have not developed far."

Deoxys watched as the group made the fort and seemed to come to a decision. They stood and their body shifted suddenly. Into something slimmer, though not as slim as before, but also more powerful looking. A form that seemed to be capable of much power. They glowed as Psychic energy surrounded them...and they lifted a large portion of the snow still inside of the camp they had made and set it on top of the wall, increasing its size, though also causing snow to fall upon those building it, and then sat back down without a word.

Jjj76h5.png

The fight, predictably, was going nowhere meaningful. Sure they all did a lot of fancy dancing around, and the Beedrill lost one of her lances, but it amounted to nothing more than some pointlessly exerted energy and relatively minor injuries that the god in their midst was quick to remedy. Though it was strange she seemed to rely on those statues of hers to actually unleash those healing pulses, and that was a weakness she could potentially exploit here if the opportunity to actually kill the Godslayer came. Still, the time to strike had not yet come. While she was considering the means of attack when Jabari was finally injured enough to be finished off, and likely after he had exhausted his ability to endure hits, Xerneas spoke to her.

"You are not one who is innocent of death. But you avoid fighting now." Now that was closer to what she had expected the voice of a god to be like. Nothing like Entei, who had seemed to be little more than an exceptionally powerful mortal. "If you can stop your companions, and cease this needless fighting, I beseech you to do it. I can only do so much to keep someone from dying. Even now I sense its presence coming closer. We cannot afford this bout to go on." Now that was definitely a change in the course of the battle. Something was coming that was powerful enough for the Lord of Life to reach out to her, the least likely in the group to listen to this particular god, in the hopes of stopping the others so that they could, presumably, face whatever was coming next. This implied a few things, the most problematic of which being that the goddess was worried about whatever was coming. Given what she knew about the Lord of Life, that really only left a few possibilities. The first was that one of Jabari's compatriots was coming, but her conversation with Entei told her how little the gods thought of them so that was unlikely. The second, and admittedly more worrying possibility, was then the more likely.

"Yveltal is coming." Whisper said aloud, projecting her voice so that the combatants could hear. "Well, it is probably Yveltal. I cannot think of any other reason that the Lord of Life would speak directly to an Assassin in the hopes of getting all of you to stop killing each other. So, maybe you should all stop killing each other so we can prepare to have the Lord of Death swoop down upon us." If they did not listen to that, then Whisper was just completely out of ideas at this point.

bgdN12F.png

"Hey, don't worry about it," Kazo mentioned to Ari. "I'm sure you'll surpass me in no time."

"Nuh-uh," the lion retorted. "I'm still little, and you're...well, you're Kazo," he finished, as if that said it all. And indeed, to him, it did.

Suiten snorted next to him. If being Kazo means doing stupid acts, then you're better off being yourself, kiddo, he thought, staunchly ignoring the fact he had done far stupider things before. Much, much stupider things. Things that had almost gotten himself and other gijinka killed. Because, he could at least take comfort in the fact he was finally done with that stage. So now he could finally be the one that admonished others for their stupidity. It felt so refreshing being on this side for once!

Ari, as if reading his thoughts, turned on him. "What do you know?" he blurted out.

The Samurott stared. "Kid...I just saved him from doing something incredibly stupid. So excuse me if I don't think he's the bee's knees."

"The what? Also you've just joined, so you haven't seen how great Kazo is!"

Oh, maybe that one's a bit old? Suiten thought. "I've seen enough!" he snorted, waving a dismissive hand.

"No you haven't!"

"Yes I have!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yes huh!"

"Nuh-uh nuh-uh!"

"Yuh-huh yuh-huh!"

It was at this point that Suiten realized he had devolved into petty arguing with a child. This so wasn't giving off the impression of aged maturity he needed to project. Straightening, he coughed a couple times. "Anyway, looks like the water level's gone down, so we should be able to head back now."

"Never a dull day with you kids around, is it?"

The Samurott colored. Did she mean him too? He wasn't a kid though! All right, he might've looked like one back there during the argument but that was just...a fluke! Yes, it was a deviation from his normal behavior. Nothing to judge him on.

"Nuh-uh..." Ari muttered under his breath.

tRCh4Z6.png

HCx6EwD.png

"I could probably melt it," Brooke admitted to Easter as she worked. "But I had an idea. Help me pile up this snow, then I’ll explain more."

"Sure," Easter replied, intrigued despite himself.

When they were done, they had a wide, circular clearing in the snow comfortable enough for all of them. They had pushed most of the snow to the outskirts of the camp, and by now, Easter had a vague idea of what the Emboar was planning. "Okay, now for that second part I was talking about. See the snow we piled up around the edges of the camp? It almost looks like a wall, doesn’t it? Well, that’s because that’s what it’s going to be once we’re done with it," she declared, looking ridiculously pleased with herself. "It’ll keep the wind out, so we’ll stay warm, and…we get to make a snow fort! How cool is that?"

She's such a mom, Easter thought. He wasn't sure what to think about that. He hadn't met too many momlike gijinka in his lifetime. Even his own mother had been less a "mom" and more...what would best describe her? Ah, she was the woman who would always impose expectations and restrictions on him. She had taken credit for his achievements as if it was because of her that he made them, but at the first sign of an aberration from the perfect person she had expected him to be, she, and his father, had kicked him out. Now that I think about it...I haven't once been back to Northshore. I wonder what's going on there.

"I can get dinner cooking while you all build the walls, and I’ll join you as soon as I can. Easter will help you with it until then, right Easter?" She winked at him, obviously hoping he would play along. Meanwhile, Dora was using Water Gun on the walls, and it looked both silly and adorable at the same time.

The Sylveon let out a put upon sigh, but a grin started forming on his mouth. Not one of his sweet, innocent ones, nor the aggressive, crazed one from before. No, this one was a gentle smile, one he hadn't used since his days on the ship. "Sure," he replied again.

"We can probably build it without a door too; you could just melt the walls when we leave in the morning," Fawkes chimed in.

"Good idea!" Easter praised. Man, was it great to have a fire type or what? He continued to help shape the snow, glad he had invested in gloves.

When Deoxys responded to him, they used rather...venomous words unintentionally. "It is not in my capacity to alter memories. However if I must it is possible I could erase your memories in a more barbaric way. The brain is a fragile organ. The battle is with Kyurem yes. I thought you would deduce such already. Perhaps the mental capability of creatures on this planet have not developed far."

Easter wasn't one to take offense to trash talk, or even just disparaging comments in general. He knew his own limits and capabilities better than anybody else, so why listen to them? He shrugged, responding mentally, I figured you could. After all, you seem to be a psychic type, if your use of telepathy is any hint. And you mentioned two targets, but you didn't explicitly say Kyurem, though you did say Thundurus. You seem to be interested in Kyurem, but for all I know, Kyurem could be elsewhere. Coldharbour does indicate ice type, but, no offense, I don't make assumptions. And there are more ice legendaries besides Kyurem. As for whether our mental faculties have developed...well, sometimes I feel that way with certain gijinka, he sighed, remembering a stubborn Tyrantrum he had made short work of. That gijinka had been a little bit short on brains.

And then Deoxys decided to "help" them. It was fairly obvious that was what they were attempting to do, though Easter wasn't sure if he appreciated the sentiment at the moment, covered with snow. Shivering, he hopped out of the snow, leaving behind an Easter-shaped hole, attempting to brush it off. As soon as he felt sufficiently dry, he glanced around, noting with a hint of panic that he could see no sign of Fawkes or Dora. "Fawkes? Dora?" he called out.

And then it hit him. Oh...they're buried. Crap. Quickly, he started digging through the snow. He couldn't use one of his attacks to clear it away--though he wasn't sure if they'd work on snow anyway--because what if he hit the kids? "Fawkes?! Dora?!" he repeated urgently, hoping for a response.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"Well you know, always busy, don't have time for that kind of thing. Not many doctors around and there's always someone with something. Gotta keep people healthy especially when we're in a place like this right?"

The answer was definitely suspicious...the tone in his voice...the fact she knew differently...something smelled fishy, and it wasn't even her this time!  She'd get to the bottom of this...whether he was an overzealous playboy who ran out on his family, or being held against his will, she'd be sure to find out.  While Taiga was deep in thought, Arthur got all close and personal.

"I'm going to have to lift your shirt, to apply this ointment. It's gonna sting but it'll help heal faster." Without hesitating, the Delcatty slowly lifted up Taiga's shirt.  While blushing intensely, she curled her fists.  Overzealous playboy was turning out to be the most likely deduction.  "Hmm, not in a bad area, seems you got lucky, likely the best place you could have been hit...well besides nowhere of course."  

Taiga's fist uncurled when the stinging, and then soothing, wave of energy hit her.  The charring from the shock was healing, and she couldn't help but feel relieved.  

"You should be fine, as long as you don't put too much stress on yourself for the rest of the day." 

"Doctor's orders, huh?  Guess I'll listen to those..."  Taiga closed her eyes and gingerly lifted her arms behind her head.  The pain was gone, but she wasn't going to take the chances reopening the wounds.  It was then that Sevda spoke up.  

"What you said before, that was no simple mixup. What did you mean?"

"Magicarp paste..." Taiga thought to herself.  She shouldn't have made such a big deal out of a slip of her tongue.  She'd bite it off, but then she'd sound funny for the rest of her life.  Taiga opened one eye to direct at the Treesicle.  "Tch...shows what you know about mixups.  I think it was just some weird paralysis effect I got from that damn refrigerator.  Tongue's a muscle after all...the strongest muscle," Taiga's tongue was let loose and hung outside her mouth, "Of course it's gonna spaz out when a current runs through it."  Taiga playfully wiggled her tongue around, and then put it back into her mouth.  "You don't mean to think I accused that poor little girl of being some sorta pirate did ya?  And here I thought you security types were supposed to be smart!  FUFUFU!"  

Adarid City / ~

"Yes, that", she paused to consider the offer Gwendoline gave her. "That would be..."

A few steps later however, "No, that is something to be decided once we exit the city. I shall start thinking about it after we survive." The sight of the library building prompted her to take off her necktie. With one swift motion she pulled and almost like a whip she held it. With her skirt in shambles, using the necktie, now thrown across her shoulder so it does not touch the ground, was her only option. "Let us first concentrate on completing our objectives."

Now, to consider the library. Ideally, Gwendoline's companions will have had the same idea to gather there. Even more ideally, there would not be any enemies in the near vicinity. That would be the best case scenario. The next best would be, Clotilde thought, if the aforementioned companions are inside but so are enemies. While they would have to face adversity, it would be with reinforcements and afterwards they can all try to leave Adarid. In the first place, to expect rioters or other nuisances in the library is a little farfetch'd but she still wasn't quite familiar with how Gwendoline, Lok, and their companions have gotten themselves involved with Al and his gang. The explanation she received felt vague as if the ghost girl was hiding something or the scope of the situation was beyond what she knew. Therefore it was best to assume that for whatever reason, god forbid, the library area may have enemies. The worst case scenario with that in mind, would be for enemies nearby or inside, and no reunion to occur. They would have to fight by themselves and waste more time looking around.

With that in mind she prepared for that worst case scenario. "If neither of you two, Gwendoline and Lok, have an ability that can detect for life presence inside the library and around it, here's what I believe we should do..."

Clotilde proposed that she shall walk up to the door alone and open it. Meanwhile, one of the two should stay next to the door, but in such a manner that someone inside could not see them. Should enemies jump on Clotilde then this person can immediately react and assist her. The remaining one, whoever it will be, should stay a little further away. They can observe both Clotilde and the first person and react if a threat emerges from somewhere other than inside the library.  "You two may decide which roles to take but do hurry. Someone may have spotted us walking here so I shall not break my stride and will go straight to the door."

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

Jabari took that attack way too well, and he'd outright ignored the toxins being sprayed across his face. Perhaps had Xerneas not healed him earlier, there might have been the slightest chance that he could've been worn down enough for Beatrice's attack to achieve the effect she wanted. But alas, Jabari retaliated, wringing a single hand around Beatrice's neck and lifting her high into the air. It was at this point that the yellow aura subsided, and the poor girl was beginning to see double. And then triple. Finally, five-fold.

Beatrice had tried everything in an attempt to wrest herself free. She tried pulling at Jabari's fingers, but his grip had proven to be too strong. She tried pushing herself away, but all that flailing around hadn't really gotten her any further outside what might as well have been a vice at this point. She tried fluttering her wings aggressively in hopes that she'd take off, but even if she could fly any more, it was unlikely that she could take Jabari with her. She even tried to bite the Zebstrika's hand off in desperation... but it was obvious that she'd be unable to reach. In a last ditch effort, Beatrice frisked herself for any needles that she hadn't thrown back when she, Fjanna and Denku were attacked by the leopards. Thankfully, there were two left.

Time was of the essence, however; it was clear that the toxins were slow-acting, and by the time they would be absorbed into Jabari's skin (in truth, there was the possibility that he didn't even realize he was poisoned), he'd have succeeded in suffocating Beatrice and snuffing out her last breath. Needless to say that Beatrice was scared, and her sudden hallucinations were birthing doubt in her mind that she could save herself. But she didn't want to go down knowing that she hadn't fought until the bitter end. As such, she put all her faith in the throwing of those two lone needles, hoping against Yveltal's will that out of the ten eyes that she could see staring her down, she had hit the two that were actually present. It was the only way Beatrice could get out of that cursed death-grip alive.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the hochkrow seemed to be somewhat impressed by Nine's forwardness, extended an offer of employment to the houndoom. Nine wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of having to accept work from this kind of gijinka, and felt that if he did accept that there was the potential for regret almost immediately after. That being said, he had already made his way onto the nidokings sheet list, and having to deal with one gang as it was was already problem enough."I'll take a rain check for now," Nine said, as he decided to focus on the far more pressing issue at hand. Namely, not dying. With Fiona, and likely a begrudging Alleria down with what he had suggested, Nine started to make his way up the stairs shortly after Fiona, getting out of the way the Skarmory that seemed to be taking guard for the hochkrow. It wasn't until they were partially up the stairs that the situation seemed to reach its boiling point in terms of how bad it would get. 

The two gang leaders seemed to both be present in the same room at this moment. Both seemed to have an insane amount of killing intent behind their actions, words and probably expressions. And of course, wasting no time with any more than a slight greeting between the two, their gangs and they themselves had gotten straight to the brawling. Deciding that this made going up the stairs all the more ideal of an idea, especially if Al was unaware they were there, Nine continued to hurry his pace up there before he felt the entire ground of the library shake underneath his feet, causing him to stumble a bit. Keeping himself balanced, preventing a rather nasty fall down the stairs, it became increasingly clear that perhaps staying indoors in general would be bad. As he looked to his two companions, he noticed something drastically different about one of them. Fiona, the girl who hadn't been all that loud and had been cowering behind him not moments ago, was now looking thoroughly pissed and ready to kill someone. Thinking about this for a brief moment, Nine looked to Alleria, and then back to Fiona. Of course. It all made sense. His first female traveling companions he had in quite some time...and they were both crazy. 

Sighing, Nine decided to inform the group on his thoughts on the next course of action."Oi, no matter how much you might want to fight, if you go right at them you'll probably die."His voice taking a more stern tone he said, "we keep going upstairs and move along to the other staircase. Once we go down that, we can either try and leave or try and fight them from behind. Whatever it is we do, we get to that other staircase fast and go down it with caution. Sound good?" Not leaving much up to discussion, the houndoom had started to move up the stairs at a faster rate before making it to the next floor and, true to what he said, running to the next staircase. 

"I have to politely refuse the offer then. I mean, showbiz' fun and all, but I can't reach the top if I'm just stuck in this city, and traveling the land with my beloved girlfriend seems fun too. Not to mention..."

A brief pause. Alleria looked up to the sky, her eyes filled with determination.

"There's a star up there that I need to reach."

Alleria soon realized that Fiona had left her however, and thus she turned around to try getting to her so she could protect her from potential harm. However, before she could even reach her, the door to the library busted open, revealing Al and his lackey, finally managing to reach the room they're stuck in. Of course, the presence of Salvatore took his attention almost immediately, and Alleria used that moment to get to Fiona. She was...definitely looking far from someone that would appreciate protection now. Perhaps one step away from jumping to the fray and attacking anyone there. Alleria admitted that she at times could get carried away, but she's not really someone that'd just go on an outrage from this kind of sight, really. She opened her mouth to try talking to her girlfriend, but Nine did it first. Now that's irritating.

"Oi, no matter how much you might want to fight, if you go right at them you'll probably die." That would be something Alleria could begrudgingly agree with - it's not like her voice could reach any of them anyway, "we keep going upstairs and move along to the other staircase. Once we go down that, we can either try and leave or try and fight them from behind. Whatever it is we do, we get to that other staircase fast and go down it with caution. Sound good?"

"Yeah, let's do it."

Her voice was reluctant on following the Houndoom's words, but it's not like there was any other viable alternatives. However, before she followed Nine's lead, she turned around to Fiona, and tried to talk to her one more time.

"Uh...it's not really a time to do this, and I don't think these would suffice...but...uh...I'm sorry for whatever happened last night. I did bad, didn't I? Perhaps I hurt your feelings or your body...well...if you need anything, I'll be on your side.

Even now, I still love you. So yeah, let's escape from this place then. I know the sight of this place being trashed is hard to see - my mentor was the librarian of this place, you know? This place was most of my childhood...

Ah, pardon. Let's get moving, Fiona. We're not in a position to do anything for now."

"Yveltal is coming."

Fia couldn't hear the Assassin. She was watching in horror as Bea was getting strangled by the person she was attempting to strangle now. The Beedrill struggled. She prepared her poison-coated lance to strike the Zebstrika, but Fia knew she was weakening. Her daughter, pushed into such a position. Her only hope now was to tighten her own attempt to strangle Jabari as much as she could. Veins popped from her uncovered arms as she exerted as much of her strength towards them.

But that wouldn't do.

That couldn't do anything.

With the strength of a child against the champion of Zebstrika, no way Fia could actually strangle him and expect it to work. Time was the essence. Denku was severely weakening, and Bea would lose her breath anytime soon. Bea aimed her attack now with the last shred of her consciousness. Fia realized that she had to do something too.

And so, she yelled.

Coating her arms in flames from her Flame Wheel, she grasped with full force towards Jabari's face. Towards his eyes, nose, cheeks. No matter how messy it would be. If she could break his skull doing it, then she would. Fia jammed her flaming hands towards Jabari's eyes and as much of his face as she could in her attempt to tear everything there off. Xerneas healing him? Then she'd try her best breaking his skull and tearing his brains out. Wheels of fire formed on her hands, attempting to dig deeper and deeper on his face.

No more.

Her children would suffer no more.

Kazo had a small smile on his face as he heard Ari control the pace of the argument, reducing it to a playground debate. Either Ari was very... 'convincing', or Suiten was a lot more immature than they first thought. Hell, maybe it was both, who knew? 

The water was returning to normal height, and Kazo's stomach was starting to grow a bit. Man, sometimes he hated being dragon type... he needed to eat more than most other types. 

"Well, I'm going to go look for food," He stated as he began to climb down the tree. Food sounded really good right now. "If I'm not back by tomorrow morning, send a search party," He joked as landed on the ground, stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking off. He really hoped no one followed him right now. Maybe this time he would get some peace and space to think.

Denku laid on the ground, his breathing short and choppy. He could feel himself fading... was this where his journey came to an end...? His vision was blurry... but he could make out a few things. Jabari was now strangling Bea, even as Fia was strangling him. Whisper was saying... something... he couldn't make it out... the edges of his vision was going black...

Then he spotted something... out of place. A young boy, hardly 6 years old, standing in front of Jabari, pouting. He only wore an old T-shirt and shorts, spiky blue hair making him stand out. It couldn't be...

"K-Kaz...?" He managed to croak out. The boy turned to face him, before walking over. 

"Denky, you gotta get up," He said cutely before getting on his knees next to Denku.

"I can't... Kaz... the pain... I... I'm sorry... I just wanted to see you before... I died...," He closed his eyes. "I couldn't even do that," Kazo frowned and started to tug at his cloak.

"Denky, you can't give up," The young delusion insisted. "The pretty lady told the scary lady that a scary monster is coming... Yveltal... you need to wake up! You need to help the people the bad man is hurting! You need to GET UP!" With a final tug of the cape, Denku felt something hit him, filling his body with... warmth? Whatever it was, it was flowing through his body, soothing his pain. He coughed a bit to clear his throat of blood, before looking up. Little Kazo was gone... Was it a delusion... an angel? He had no idea...

Slipping off his mask, he stood up slowly, before looking at Jabari. He felt better, much better than nearly dead. However, there was no way he could just jump back into fighting.

"We... need... to stop this!" He yelled. "We need to... STOP!" He knew words alone wouldn't get through to Jabari... Shaking his head, he ran over to the massive Zebstrika before jumping up and latching on to the hand strangling Bea. Opening wide, he chomped down on Jabari's wrist, smearing his own blood on Jabari's skin. "Noh hiww hou wisten?" Denku asked with his mouth full, before clamping down even harder.

The Slums Team Karaoke

The rest of the trip Lok was quiet, mainly due to seeing Gwen's reaction at the mention of Giratina. For whatever reason she seemed to get...tense...at the mention. And yet, she's chasing it. He figured that it was probably for the best to not press on this issue, at least not now.  "Er, that's okay with you right Lok?"
"Huh? Oh, sure..." He answered, being snapped back to reality. He was definitely ok with her joining. And, at first, she seemed to take up the offer. However...

"No, that is something to be decided once we exit the city. I shall start thinking about it after we survive." He thought it was a bit weird, but shrugged it off relatively quickly - she wasn't wrong, after all. Now is not the time for such things. Especially since they had just reached the Library. "If neither of you two, Gwendoline and Lok, have an ability that can detect for life presence inside the library and around it, here's what I believe we should do..."

Lok listened on as she explained her plan to them, nodding along the way in agreement. "You two may decide which roles to take but do hurry. Someone may have spotted us walking here so I shall not break my stride and will go straight to the door." Lok didn't hesitate much to decide. "I think you should back up Clotilde ,Gwen. If there is any danger, I don't think I'll be very helpful." He rubbed his arm, looking at the ground. "I guess you can say I'll be on the Lok out." He laughed weakly, trying to lighten the mood more for himself than anyone else. 

Outskirts of Fryst Team Showdown

Scarlet went on searching for Isole, asking the people around her if they had seen the rotom girl. Almost all of them had the same cheeriness they had when the group had first arrived - at this point it was starting to get a bit creepy. Despite most of their overenthusiastic, only a few had actually helped guide her towards wherever Isole had wandered off to. At this point she was starting to get less and less upset at the rotom girl and more and more concerned about her safety. Eventually, some of the guards pointed her towards the gates and away from the people. Thanking the guard, she marched on, climbing the stairs around the walls. As she climbed the stairs, she called out for Isole, looking around. Once she reached the end of the stairs, she looked over the wall. The sight was pretty nice, all things considered. She walked around the area, calling out for Isole. She noticed that the place was guarded, although as far as she could tell it was fine for her to be here. Eventually she found herself behind a familiar rotom. "Isole...?" It seemed that she was also taking in the view from the top of the wall. 

Archived