Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't login for a day now, anyone experiencing the same problem? Here is the error i get

Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.

Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or object): System.Web.

Exception stack trace:
at System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.Normalize (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.GetDirectory (System.String virtualPath, Boolean normalize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.GetDirectory (System.String virtualPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.GetSection (System.String sectionName, System.String path, System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.GetSection (System.String sectionName, System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.GetWebApplicationSection (System.String sectionName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitOnce (Boolean full_init) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm comign across this error,

[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.createOrVerifyNewUserCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.Register.cli_createUserDone(Object sender, createOrVerifyNewUserCompletedEventArgs e)
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.Service1ConsoleClient.OncreateOrVerifyNewUserCompleted(Object state)

Any way to fix this?

So I just add a strange issue. I was dueling, and then it started having trouble updating the graphics. It wouldnt show that my monsters had been destroyed or summoned, though clicking on the area where they were revealed the menu. Cards in my hand that shouldnt have been there were still showing up, but trying to click them made the vanish as expected. Everything was *working*, but the graphics werent showing it to be.

Oh, and my opponents monsters got all wonky, out of their zones, stacking onto eachother, or simply not showing up. For him he says there were no such issues.

Fair and designed game is pretty much a debatable concept. One person's fair and designed game would be different from the others.

I'd say balancing to today's TCG meta, broken as it is, it's a pretty visible line compared to the ambiguous utopia state of a meta.

Tbh, aside from the graphic issue (like kano said above), DP worked fine for me.

Say we created a tournament. First of all, we do balancing by playtesting with each other, on this note, should we balance to the meta or to a more fair and better designed game?

Given that this is the first DP tournament (that I'm aware of, at least, and if there was one, hardly any of those players are still around methinks), we should probably aim low and try a tier 2-3-based tourny. A lot of people here that I've gone against don't really have meta-level cards, from what I've seen, and should someone try to improve their cards to meta levels, they may think that their Decks are too powerful, and aren't really all that ready to cross such a big gap.

And besides, we don't really know the current meta all that well, since the real game (well, the TCG at least) is in the middle of tossing out their dragon overlords.

Fair and designed game is pretty much a debatable concept. One person's fair and designed game would be different from the others.

I'd say balancing to today's TCG meta, broken as it is, it's a pretty visible line compared to the ambiguous utopia state of a meta.

Tbh, aside from the graphic issue (like kano said above), DP worked fine for me.

An idea is to create ONE DECK that would set the bar.

Given that this is the first DP tournament (that I'm aware of, at least, and if there was one, hardly any of those players are still around methinks), we should probably aim low and try a tier 2-3-based tourny. A lot of people here that I've gone against don't really have meta-level cards, from what I've seen, and should someone try to improve their cards to meta levels, they may think that their Decks are too powerful, and aren't really all that ready to cross such a big gap.

And besides, we don't really know the current meta all that well, since the real game (well, the TCG at least) is in the middle of tossing out their dragon overlords.

However, if we do this, we can simply take a real tier 2-3 Deck to set the standard.

I like the plan for a tournament. I would like to use my Amour monsters who are already there, but I can make a new set at a lower/higher bar as necessary.

Especially given I dont even know what bar my Amours would be considered at.

Playing against them I can say they aren't "Broken" like dragons were but a deck of all hand traps is understandably frustrating to play against, especially when the deck I was using was probably tier 3 or lower.

I'm going to either use a different deck I have or make a new one, you guys an judge on how op my cards are. :P

Playing against them I can say they aren't "Broken" like dragons were but a deck of all hand traps is understandably frustrating to play against, especially when the deck I was using was probably tier 3 or lower.

I'm going to either use a different deck I have or make a new one, you guys an judge on how op my cards are. :P

I like Hand Traps :) Which is why Bujins are my second favorite real archetype.

Archived