YCLoveMaker Hotel: We Love You All to Death~!

I was referring to DBZ Abridged, if that's not what you were implying. I thought it was brilliant what the Team did with the Arc, as 16, 17 and 18 were definitely pretty enjoyable to watch; as were 19 and Dr. Gero. And they made Cell sufficiently creepy, to the point that he lampshaded the fact.

Ah yes, of course. DBZ Abridged is amazing, especially the Kai series.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, of course. DBZ Abridged is amazing, especially the Kai series.

I don't get the point of the Abriged Kai series. It's basically nothing more than the highlights . . . sure we get it that is what Kai is, but the novelty runs out fast.

I consider the Buu saga to be fan-fiction.

Then what do you consider Dragonball GT?

Bad fan fiction?

Eh . . . decently bad. Still like the idea of the shadow dragons and Super Saiyan Four.

I was referring to DBZ Abridged, if that's not what you were implying. I thought it was brilliant what the Team did with the Arc, as 16, 17 and 18 were definitely pretty enjoyable to watch; as were 19 and Dr. Gero. And they made Cell sufficiently creepy, to the point that he lampshaded the fact.

I am seriously hoping he goes Zarbon a few time because the opportunities are just too good. Also since Cell uses the Solar Flare quite a bit in the series prep yourselves for many disturbing images to come!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh look a bump to the old hotel. Might as well do something with it.

Anyone been playing the Smash Brothers Demo? If so what do you think of the Villager and Megaman so far?

So super late response to this question I suppose considering the actual 3DS game is out. But while I have not a 3DS or a copy of the game I was able to play the demo a little bit.

I enjoyed megaman mostly because he fought a fair bit differently than other smash characters. Megabuster for his forward smash is great and also pretty powerful from what little I played. I tried villager and while he seems different and funny don't think I'd ever do too much with him.

I was mostly impressed with the buffs Link and Pikachu seemed to have. (Didn't play mario so idk if they buffed him)

Link is substantially weaker or at least noticeable enough to me.

So what is everyone's plan for the Halloween season?

Might just be that I really liked his dash attack.

Anyway as for Halloween, if I know my luck with such things I'll probably be doing midterms.

But really I don't have anything particularly special planned as of yet. I'm sure things will be going on I just haven't heard much yet.

Well I guess that's one of the good things about having a five year old niece. She's just old enough to understand what Trick-or-Treating is. I also heard that the guy who let us use his farm for a Haunted Trail might be considering letting us do it again. And this time since my brother, cousin, and I actually have well paying jobs we could easily bank roll it; though with my brother living all the way across the US I don't know how well he can do to actually make it.

Link is substantially weaker or at least noticeable enough to me.

Andx is closer to the truth.

While Link's damage has been reduced slightly, everything else about him has been buffed. His attacks are quicker, have less ending lag, and some have a bigger hitbox.

His Dash Attack is a huge improvement, his grab animation is no longer instant death if it misses (Though still close) and it goes much farther which makes it much better for recovery. His Down Air works much more like Toon Link's from Brawl as it has an additional meteor smash near the starting animations. So while he still isn't great, he is MUCH improved from his Brawl incarnation.

So while he still isn't great, he is MUCH improved from his Brawl incarnation.

You saying this got me thinking that Brawl Link really was a step in the wrong direction. Link's never been super agile but never felt like he was wanting for some more speed more than in Brawl.

If anything Link in the demo felt a little more like his Melee self. And by that I mean it felt like Link was fast enough for what he needs to do while still being fair.

While Link's damage has been reduced slightly, everything else about him has been buffed. His attacks are quicker, have less ending lag, and some have a bigger hitbox.

His Dash Attack is a huge improvement, his grab animation is no longer instant death if it misses (Though still close) and it goes much farther which makes it much better for recovery. His Down Air works much more like Toon Link's from Brawl as it has an additional meteor smash near the starting animations. So while he still isn't great, he is MUCH improved from his Brawl incarnation.

Oh yeah, I noticed his grab wasn't as bad as it used to be as well. But he just doesn't have the "force" behind his blows like he used too. One good Smash Attack from the side would send an opponent flying, yet now it can hardly send them off the stage.

You saying this got me thinking that Brawl Link really was a step in the wrong direction. Link's never been super agile but never felt like he was wanting for some more speed more than in Brawl.

If anything Link in the demo felt a little more like his Melee self. And by that I mean it felt like Link was fast enough for what he needs to do while still being fair.

I agree. I like that Link is a little bit more agile and his moves don't have that annoying end lag from previous incarnations. Unfortunately Link is a heavy hitter who no longer hits heavy . . . . not what Link is supposed to be about.

• 4 weeks later...

Well since it's November you know what that means! Start buying things for Christmas of course!!!

I actually found it odd that my nephews want Power Ranger morphers, they're 5 and 6, yet I also thought I could buy my cousin the Dragonzord- and he's 25.

Have you ever bought something for a kid and then realized an adult is/can enjoy the toy just as much?

Not really, since I only just became an uncle last month

Congrats, I guess?

I actually found it odd that my nephews want Power Ranger morphers, they're 5 and 6, yet I also thought I could buy my cousin the Dragonzord- and he's 25.

Have you ever bought something for a kid and then realized an adult is/can enjoy the toy just as much?

Fortunately for me, my first cousin once removed is never disappointed in any Hot Wheels car, which I was also a big fan of at his age, plus he's also a big fan of Nascar, so that one's easy. Plus I know by sisters are both respectfully obsessed with elephants and giraffes, my dad's obsessed with grilling, fishing, and golfing, and my mom's obsessed with cooking, golfing, and tennis.

It's good knowing about things.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived