Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

Damn

[spoiler=850]

So Pudding was the 3-eyed girl.

And she totally is crazy.

I feel bad for Sanji, man. Glad he at least found out before the ceremony, but damn.

On a side note, I find it cool that Luffy and Zoro are both men so strong in their convictions that they're willing to lose limbs if they feel they have to. Luffy with his hands here and Zoro back during the Mr. 3 fight.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=850]funking sheet, Oda, I was only like 1% sure Pudding was actually bad but you went and did it, you got me again. I'm so bad at seeing plot twists, but in this case I just didn't want to believe it. It's not that no one saw it coming, people just didn't want it to happen.

Also, don't know if anyone's seen if but Oda's said his plans for 2017 recently. We're about halfway done with the Whole Cake Island arc (so about 20ish chapters left), then after that it'll be the Reverie and Wano arcs.

[spoiler=more 850]The fight between Pedro and Tamago is cool, I wonder what Tamago breakig like an egg is about, I'm guessing it's his DF. I'm also assuming Zepo is related to Bepo.

Sanji was already in the depths of despair with this situation, now that his ray of hope is gone all he can do now is kick some ass and take some names.

[spoiler=spoiler]I'm really wondering if this is really as black and white as it seems. Just as the possibility existed that Pudding was actually evil, the possibility exists that this is a further act in something plan she's got going. It seems odd to capture, injure, and reveal her plans to Reiju before the wedding like this. Also, why whisper that to Luffy and Nami when, if they had an evil plan, wouldn't the rest of her family be in on it and she wouldn't need to keep it secret like that?

Either way, this has really been a good twist. The twist itself wasn't anything spectacular, but the way Oda introduced such a nice character would obviously arouse some suspicion, and him leading us along all these chapters with her personality and the Lola flashbacks and everything, he really convinced people (definitely me) that she was truly a good person, only to pull the rug out from under us.

[spoiler=spoiler]I'm really wondering if this is really as black and white as it seems. Just as the possibility existed that Pudding was actually evil, the possibility exists that this is a further act in something plan she's got going. It seems odd to capture, injure, and reveal her plans to Reiju before the wedding like this. Also, why whisper that to Luffy and Nami when, if they had an evil plan, wouldn't the rest of her family be in on it and she wouldn't need to keep it secret like that?

Either way, this has really been a good twist. The twist itself wasn't anything spectacular, but the way Oda introduced such a nice character would obviously arouse some suspicion, and him leading us along all these chapters with her personality and the Lola flashbacks and everything, he really convinced people (definitely me) that she was truly a good person, only to pull the rug out from under us.

[spoiler=spoiler]Her brother seems fine with Luffy yelling out that the fam is gonna him. If it were really nothing don't you think he would have been like, nothing is gonna happen to you unless the wedding goes wrong

[spoiler=850]

So, small stuff first. I enjoyed the start with Chopper and Carrot trying to find their way out of the mirror world. Also the parallel joke with sexy lady and big dude having a giant mirror by their bath. Who does that though?

Nice to know I'm not the only one that saw the parallel between Luffy being willing to lose his arms to get out of the prison to what Zoro did 700 chapters earlier.

I love how one of the recurring themes in One Piece is the trust people have in the SH crew and the belief that they are going to change the world.

Pedro and Tamago fight was cool. I love the pun/joke of Legg Benedict. I don't think that fight is over though.

Now for the plot twist. Congrats to the person that called Pudding being the Three-Eyed girl from earlier. I love that about Oda how he included that small little detail and have it be important. It does suck that a lot of the similarity in appearance could be written off as Oda not having a huge range when he draws women, but still, love that detail. The only question I have from this is this (and have seen others bring up) is that this isn't Big Mom's style. She is all about the political marriages and since she is the one with all the power she could easily have done this in all the other ones she has arranged.

[spoiler=850] is reiju trapped or something, her hands bleeding makes sense now though

[spoiler=850]

My guess is she overheard something, was attacked (end of last chapter), and now Pudding is taunting her since she can't really do much to fight back.

[spoiler=more 850]The fight between Pedro and Tamago is cool, I wonder what Tamago breakig like an egg is about, I'm guessing it's his DF. I'm also assuming Zepo is related to Bepo.

[spoiler=850]

I'm assuming they are. I know every time I kept reading the name it kept tripping me up how similar it was to Bepo's name.

[spoiler=850]

All I'm going to say is this is going to make the Bomb Box all the more important.

[spoiler=850]

That thought crossed me mind while reading this. The only question then is getting from this point to the actual wedding ceremony.

Anyway, as already said, it was revealed that this arc is nearing its end and we'll be getting 1 or 2 come next year. My guess is we'll be done by May, but we'll see.

[spoiler=850]

So, small stuff first. I enjoyed the start with Chopper and Carrot trying to find their way out of the mirror world. Also the parallel joke with sexy lady and big dude having a giant mirror by their bath. Who does that though?

Nice to know I'm not the only one that saw the parallel between Luffy being willing to lose his arms to get out of the prison to what Zoro did 700 chapters earlier.

I love how one of the recurring themes in One Piece is the trust people have in the SH crew and the belief that they are going to change the world.

Pedro and Tamago fight was cool. I love the pun/joke of Legg Benedict. I don't think that fight is over though.

Now for the plot twist. Congrats to the person that called Pudding being the Three-Eyed girl from earlier. I love that about Oda how he included that small little detail and have it be important. It does suck that a lot of the similarity in appearance could be written off as Oda not having a huge range when he draws women, but still, love that detail. The only question I have from this is this (and have seen others bring up) is that this isn't Big Mom's style. She is all about the political marriages and since she is the one with all the power she could easily have done this in all the other ones she has arranged.

[spoiler=850]

My guess is she overheard something, was attacked (end of last chapter), and now Pudding is taunting her since she can't really do much to fight back.

[spoiler=850]

I'm assuming they are. I know every time I kept reading the name it kept tripping me up how similar it was to Bepo's name.

[spoiler=850]

That thought crossed me mind while reading this. The only question then is getting from this point to the actual wedding ceremony.

Anyway, as already said, it was revealed that this arc is nearing its end and we'll be getting 1 or 2 come next year. My guess is we'll be done by May, but we'll see.

[spoiler=spoiler]

Doubtful, we're supposed to start the war with kaido next year, and there is a full arc in between. I'd say March at the latest

Could pudding be doing this to spite big mom, maybe she takes after lola and wants out of the wedding?

Then again the fact her step brother didn't react with surprise to Luffy claiming that big moms people were planning to kill them kinda implies they're in on it

[spoiler=850]

The only question I have from this is this (and have seen others bring up) is that this isn't Big Mom's style. She is all about the political marriages and since she is the one with all the power she could easily have done this in all the other ones she has arranged.

[spoiler=This]

I also find the scheme a bit out of place, and I think it's partially from this where it's stemming this weird suspicion I got that Pudding may be working on her own agenda, if not being actually the one pulling the important strings in the Big Mom crew. I don't know... something about her gave me the vibe she could be actually be above the Yonko herself, be it in combat or political/influential power, or both. I mean, if she can set up a facade like this, how do we know she is not making everyone think Mom is the big fish in the crew, when it could actually be her? Besides, it's not the first time the Mom pirates rely on deceit: we saw it too in Cracker and his disguise (that not even the government knew his real appearance), also the forest and Brulee's mirror powers

[spoiler=Regarding her]

What if Pudding was doing a triple cross? Because it seems a little silly on her part to be telling Reiju her whole plan at this point. She might want to get everyone riled up to ruin the wedding and hurt Big Mom's crew by inciting war with Germa.

I don't think she's planning or will succeed on usurping Big Mom of her power, but it would be very interesting if she did.

Meanwhile Sanji's just bringing more feels. One of the reasons I didn't want to believe the twist would happen is because Sanji's already at rock bottom, having this happen to him is just so tragic. Dude just can't catch a break, he doesn't deserve this.

[spoiler=TT.TT]5JD8f6f.png

[spoiler=Chapter 851]

So, Jinbei to the rescue. I was wondering when he would show up. And that power of Pudding is quite handy; hope Sanji got to watch it before leaving. I'm surprised to see that guns can still be effective against strong people; we did see Blackbeard pirates finish Whitbeard with guns, but I assumed it was because he was weakened by then. Gun technology isn't staying behind in the new world, huh.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 852]And we're back. Got a bit more backstory on the Germa family, including Sanji's mom, so that was nice. And we finally have a chapter that not just shitting all over Sanji.

Jinbe's officially left Big Mom and Sanji's getting some sense talked into him, and with Luffy running amok there's about to be a hell of a lot of butt kicking, I can't wait. But I have to, since we're on break next week again. :(

Also, you think Luffy's gonna get a gold tooth to replace the one he's been missing? That seems plenty piratey.

[spoiler=852]

No, Raiju. Sani finally catches a break and its at the expense of his only good sibling. The explanation for how the kids ended up the way they did and how the mom died is weird, but very One Piece. Their dad is a piece of crap.

Curious how things will play out since I still think Pudding is up to something. We'll see in 2 weeks I guess.

[spoiler=852]

No, Raiju. Sani finally catches a break and its at the expense of his only good sibling. The explanation for how the kids ended up the way they did and how the mom died is weird, but very One Piece. Their dad is a piece of crap.

Curious how things will play out since I still think Pudding is up to something. We'll see in 2 weeks I guess.

[spoiler=852]

There's no funking way Sanji lets his sister (or his brothers) die from this. Raiju did not say the brothers were under Judge's control though. I would not be surprised if they turned on him. Think the ending of lion king

You still have hope for pudding?

I still have hope for Pudding, too. I brought it up earlier but I feel her shift was too straightforward, perhaps overdone, it could easily be another act.

Also, just since this is bugging me that it happened two posts in a row, it's Reiju, not Raiju. The numbering pun with the siblings names comes into play since "rei" is zero in Japanese. Raiju is the lightning animal companion of the Shinto god Raijin.

I still have hope for Pudding, too. I brought it up earlier but I feel her shift was too straightforward, perhaps overdone, it could easily be another act.

Also, just since this is bugging me that it happened two posts in a row, it's Reiju, not Raiju. The numbering pun with the siblings names comes into play since "rei" is zero in Japanese. Raiju is the lightning animal companion of the Shinto god Raijin.

Why not Reiji then?

Archived