Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

[spoiler=858]I love how Luffy got his tooth back. With how Brooks fixes himself with milk, and Luffy's tendency to heal rapidly after eating (like when he ate all that food after Ivankov healed his poisoning in Impel Down), I can't believe it never occurred to me it would happen this way. But it's awesome.

Also, I love Luffy's agreement, he just wanted to punch him once. That's so like Luffy. His interaction with Ceasar was great, too.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=858]

Great chapter. The fan service with Nami was a bit much, but I feel like other series would have pushed it even more. Regardless, I really liked the info we go from it. Learning about Mom's relationship with the giants which they hinted at earlier and learning what exactly happened with Lola was nice.

I also enjoyed how with all the talk of Lola when we first saw Brook we got a reminder of the whole "milk fixes him" thing. Makes total sense it would work on Luffy too.

Oda must be super happy that he can draw the crew in mobster outfits. He's done it a bit on covers and in the movies so having it happen in the mains series is nice. They looked really cool too. Luffy wanting one punch is pretty great. I kind of missed that Bege totally agreed since I wasn't 100% who was saying what in the last page. Final panel was great and happy to have Ceasar back. He has become a great character simply for how easy it to both love and hate him.

[spoiler=Ha!]

The stuff with Caesar was hilarious; I wouldn't be surprised if he remains around continuously used by antagonists for the rest of the series, no joke. But best gag of the chapter was them drinking the milk.

That's interesting to learn with Lola and the giants. If there's a bigger war with Yonkos down the line, I bet that'll be a good way to get the giants to side with the crew. Couple that with the Dorry-Broggy connection, the guards from Enies Lobby, and Hajrudin, it seems clear cut Luffy/Usopp's going to win over the giants.

Looking forward to the hijinks from this team-up. Safe to say the arc's gonna go out with a bang.

[spoiler=859]So the plan relies on Luffy not funking up with whatever silly entrance he has planned? Yeah, that'll happen.

I love how casually Big Mom got over Brook's "death" because of the wedding cake, after she didn't even realize it wasn't Brook.

No notice of a break next week that I can see, so that's great.

[spoiler=859]

I got a few chuckles from this chapter from making fun of Caesar, Luffy foreshadowing an entrance bound to fail, and Pudding all dressed up saying what a bloody pain in the ass.

With Caramel having run away, I'm wondering if we'll be running into her later down the line. 

I also saw this on Twitter today summing up every One Piece arc. Got a kick out of it.

G00AH82.jpg

The plan is certainly an interesting one. I'm most interested in who this Caramel person is going to be. Oda doesn't name drop a character unless they'll turn up later in the story. And on that note, I don't think the plan will work out. I just can't see things playing out the ay they want. The entrance is going to be something else though. Either way, can't wait for the party from hell to start.

And yea, I also saw that on twitter. Is PRETTY great. Also pretty on point.

[spoiler=860]Damn, Dogtooth can apparently see a little into the future? That's some crazy training he's doing. Usually the Charles Atlas Superpowers apply mostly to the physical, so doing it with Haki is impressive. I really like his design, too.

I'm wondering if that's Crocodile's true post-timeskip appearance or if Oda just drew him as we've known him for the sake of the frontispiece. If that is how he looks post-timeskip he hasn't changed noticeably.

[spoiler=Chapter 860]

Damn, I was hoping for the action to start this chapter but we will have to wait a bit longer. Yeah, Dogtooth looks cool and edgy and whatnot, but Cracker is still my favorite Charlotte son.

Also I liked to see Praline again; I find her cute with that attitude, smile and those freckles. She is my favorite Charlotte daughter after the nasty reveal on Pudding, although Smoothie doesn't look that bad either xD

Really hoping Praline doesn't pull a "Pudding act" too and betrays the alliance in the most crucial moments.

Jinbei stated he intends to join the Straw Hats, but personally I hope he doesn't and instead becomes a division commander in the future. Besides, Straw Hats technically have divisions already from the fleet formed after defeating Doflamingo.

[spoiler=860]

Chapter went by quick with all those double-spreads, but nice way to set the scale for this event's significance. Oda's character design quirks are shining true this time around, freaking Big Bird as the news head is interesting. Wonder if he's a fruit user or one of the minks.

Katakuri's pretty interesting and sets another record for highest bounty in the series. Makes me balk at considering what the Yonko bounties are.

I'm wondering if the WG actually has that much money to spend on bounties, or if they put them there mostly as an indicator of strength and are assuming they'd never actually have to pay up. They probably think the only ones who'd be able to ever defeat them would be themselves, if they had to, or other Yonkos, who couldn't exactly come in and claim the bounties.

The plan is certainly an interesting one. I'm most interested in who this Caramel person is going to be. Oda doesn't name drop a character unless they'll turn up later in the story. And on that note, I don't think the plan will work out. I just can't see things playing out the ay they want. The entrance is going to be something else though. Either way, can't wait for the party from hell to start.

And yea, I also saw that on twitter. Is PRETTY great. Also pretty on point.

There's NO funking way this plan works. So many moving parts, and now this 4th sweet commander is some bulllshit

Anyway did y'all notice he's her SECOND son? Who is her 1st son? I feel like Caramel is Bonney

No, it's #4. One was defeated before they got to the island. Luffy took cracker out. Smoothie, and now Dogtooth

Apparently that one was demoted after his defeat. And they are called the "Three Sweet Commanders" for a reason.

EDIT: Then again, looked it up and there were indeed 4 commanders before Snack's defeat, so it's not like there can only be a fixed number of 3 Commanders.

I'm wondering if the WG actually has that much money to spend on bounties, or if they put them there mostly as an indicator of strength and are assuming they'd never actually have to pay up. They probably think the only ones who'd be able to ever defeat them would be themselves, if they had to, or other Yonkos, who couldn't exactly come in and claim the bounties.

Probably not, now that you mention it. I know bounties are not supposed to represent power levels, but I'd say it's an indication of their threat level and how badly they need to be taken care of.

They're definitely that, at the very least. For example, Robin's first bounty was 79,000,000 despite her being a child, because of how she could decipher poneglyphs and how dangerous it could be for the WG if certain information from them got out.

[spoiler=Chapter 861]

Still no big action, meh. And then it's going on hiatus? bummer.

And yeah, them opening the Fishman box after the ceremony may be an issues; hoped for them to pen it before so the trap can assist the alliance with their scheme. I wonder if the Straw Hats are somehow aware of the box being a bomb and ae factoring it in their plans.

By the way, the girl with the panda hat on page 14 caught my attention xD

Caught up on the last two chapters

[spoiler=860 and 861]

Dogtooth does indeed have a badass design. The plan is likely to end up failing because of his foresight. Dude also has stupid long legs.

Curious what role those 5 guests will end up playing. Also curious what exactly they do in the underworld.

Looks like Jinbei will officially join the crew after the arc ends. Going to assume that will be some time in June.

I like the little bit that showed the SHs sleeping. They've been running around for a long while so they needed it.

I expect the box will be opened before the arc end. Oda wouldn't tease us with it I don't think. Also funny how Big Mom was the one getting the gifts for her daughters weddings. Really seems like she has the party just for people to give her stuff.

Poor Sanji. Knows this is a trap and can't help falling over himself in front of Pudding. Oda has done a good job at making her look super pretty so can't really blame Sanji TOO much.

Carmel's face looked SUPER familiar. I think my brain is connecting it to Gloriosa (from Amazon Lily) but I could be thinking of someone else too.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=862]Bwahahahahahaha!! That was awesome! Luffy got his entrance that he wanted, that's for sure. This is gonna cause some chaos, I love it.

And what an unexpected way to make me want to like Pudding again. I always forget that pretty much every single character in this darn story has a sad backstory. I guess anyone would get really twisted when everyone including your family calls you a monster, especially with how impressionable kids are at young ages. And regardless of what she wanted to do to Sanji, his blind chivalry towards women pulled through, how romantic.

[spoiler=pudding]

I KNEW SHE WOULDN'T DO IT. WHAT IF THEY GET MARRIED NOW?

^^^^

[spoiler=862]Bwahahahahahaha!! That was awesome! Luffy got his entrance that he wanted, that's for sure. This is gonna cause some chaos, I love it.

And what an unexpected way to make me want to like Pudding again. I always forget that pretty much every single character in this darn story has a sad backstory. I guess anyone would get really twisted when everyone including your family calls you a monster, especially with how impressionable kids are at young ages. And regardless of what she wanted to do to Sanji, his blind chivalry towards women pulled through, how romantic.

[spoiler=Chapter 862]

Damn, Sanji did an amazing job at truly reaching Pudding. Didn't expect a twist like this. And for someone as badass as Dogtooth to state that he can't stop what's coming, damn, it must be an incredibly amazing event.

And what's with these Luffy clones? One Piece going all Naruto now? xD

[spoiler=Great chapter]

I always got a kick out of Sanji's chivalry, it's not always as one-note as other characters in the archetype react and him straight-up admiring the 3rd eye was so fitting and a unique reaction only he'd give to that. Makes him both endearing and genuine.

Pudding having this breakdown was pretty funny given her bloodlust the last few chapters, and the rest of that chapter delivered too. What an entrance on Luffy's part, no idea how to explain it but it certainly surprised me.

[spoiler=Chapter 862]And what's with these Luffy clones? One Piece going all Naruto now? xD

[spoiler=Great chapter]What an entrance on Luffy's part, no idea how to explain it but it certainly surprised me.

Think back to some of the stuff Brûlée did in the forest with her mirror powers.

Archived