Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Chapter 855]

I didn't find this one exciting to be honest. Little combat action. And again shows Brook doing an impressive thing, but the manga didn't get too much into it; I mean, before it showed Mama's homies hurt, but it didn't show too the fight between them and Brook... unless I skipped a chapter somehow. And this time, he got the rubbings but I would have liked to see him in action, like, when he stuffing the paper inside his head. Hopefully the next chapter will briefly show how he did it.

And yeah, I also assumed all of the Vinsmokes were blondes. I wonder what's the hair color of the mother/

Funny, I would have gone with this trope

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BagOfHolding

[spoiler=Chapter 855]

I didn't find this one exciting to be honest. Little combat action. And again shows Brook doing an impressive thing, but the manga didn't get too much into it; I mean, before it showed Mama's homies hurt, but it didn't show too the fight between them and Brook... unless I skipped a chapter somehow. And this time, he got the rubbings but I would have liked to see him in action, like, when he stuffing the paper inside his head. Hopefully the next chapter will briefly show how he did it.

And yeah, I also assumed all of the Vinsmokes were blondes. I wonder what's the hair color of the mother/

I'd seen a lot of people saying this chapter was amazing so I was a little let down with how simple it was (the stuff we see with Sanji wasn't needed for example imo). I also agree not getting to see Brook fight is a let down, but we've gotten a little from him and the twist of him having a copy works better this way and its not like we need to see him coping it.

[spoiler=855]Obviously it'd never happen, but they could actually just get the hell outta dodge now. They've got the Poneglyph rubbings, Sanji's come to his senses, they've even got Jinbei with them now. They could all meet up and then skedaddle, leaving Germa and Big Mom behind for now. It won't happen, but it's interesting that the option is there (unless I'm missing something), I wonder if it'll get brought up.

[spoiler=855]Obviously it'd never happen, but they could actually just get the hell outta dodge now. They've got the Poneglyph rubbings, Sanji's come to his senses, they've even got Jinbei with them now. They could all meet up and then skedaddle, leaving Germa and Big Mom behind for now. It won't happen, but it's interesting that the option is there (unless I'm missing something), I wonder if it'll get brought up.

[spoiler=855]

Betting a crewmate will bring up the option, and I feel Nami would be first one to do so; she has enough of Luffy, Sanji and the rest of the crew get beat up by Mom and the whole situation. But Luffy surely won't want to leave things there as they are, especially after Reiju have him a hand like twice now, first when she took care of the poison.

[spoiler=I mean]

They might. Luffy's not gonna pick a fight with Big Mom now, he said he wouldn't when they were still at Zou since getting Sanji and then heading over to Wano was the priority.

Getting Reiju out of there is probably the reason they'd do it if anything.

Good chapter. Finally had the heart felt moment between Luffy and Sanji. I do wonder if Luffy actually enjoyed the food given the state it was in. Also, that was a nice throw back. Sanji wanting to save his family is super in character. With all the pieces back together curious to see how this will all play out.

Other note worthy stuff from the chapter though are the reveal Pekmon's is alive and I'm REALLY curious who took out Bobbin.

Good chapter. Finally had the heart felt moment between Luffy and Sanji. I do wonder if Luffy actually enjoyed the food given the state it was in. Also, that was a nice throw back. Sanji wanting to save his family is super in character. With all the pieces back together curious to see how this will all play out.Other note worthy stuff from the chapter though are the reveal Pekmon's is alive and I'm REALLY curious who took out Bobbin.

Capone and 3-eyed jabroni imo

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 857]

I for one found this chapter exciting; Straw Hat allying yet again with a fellow from their "worst generation", and now they are going after a Yonko, quite the big fish.

Also it reminded me of the rest of the generation who were also making alliances back then, despite apparently being found out by Kaido; it's as if making alliances had become a thing among them, which is understandable if they want to take on Yonkos.

[spoiler=857]Damn, I like what we learned about Bege. Seems really cool now. I'm assuming this will be a one-and-done partnership between them, but it'll be cool to see (assuming he doesn't rub Luffy the wrong way and he just decks him or something).

And god, I'm going to be so sad when Carrot leaves, since I'm assuming she won't be permanent. I really like her.

Archived