Chance's Format Tournament III! Concluded! WINNER: FREX

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1350770106' post='6049230']
What about Bottomless. Seems to me that if you'v already got every thing covered then you could use those more effectively?
[/quote]
Yeah, bottomless is pretty good. It's really a toss-up between that and Warning, though. Warning will stop certain plays that Bottomless won't, but at the same time, Bottomless is more likely to be harmful to a regular play. It really depends on what people play.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The format is good, but I think I need more practice to make an amazing deck for it. And not do it with Spellbooks again and again.

I kind of want to do this only have the decks randomized.

Becuase, I think it will be more challenging, as it can take people out of there comfort zone.

And before people make sucicde decks to try and change it, you could leave the possiblity of people ending up with there starter one.

Just and odd thought.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1350770339' post='6049234']
According to the bracket, I'll be going up against Frex next. I have no idea what Deck he is running, and I don't know how strong of a Duelist he is, so I'll leave everything to chance as usual.
[/quote]
I know what he's playing...........if you really want to know look on page 7. Were his loss was posted.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1350770339' post='6049234']
According to the bracket, I'll be going up against Frex next. I have no idea what Deck he is running, and I don't know how strong of a Duelist he is, so I'll leave everything to chance as usual.
[/quote]
[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1350770606' post='6049238']
I know what he's playing...........if you really want to know look on page 7. Were his loss was posted.
[/quote]

Yeah, I posted the screenshots of my loss so my Deck shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I hope you didn't side Chimeratech/System Downs.

O_o D.A. did you just donate another 4k points to the pot? Do you want them back?

@Tourny Roster: Updated!

@Next Tourny Sneek-Peak: I think I WILL join the next tourny, because I had a very unique idea. We're going to do the whole "randomizer" thing and we each will be making "incomplete" Decks. 25 Main Deck cards, no side and no extra. And what's more: They're goinig to be made public (just the incomplete versions anyway). From there, 15 card remaining in Main Deck, and Full Side/Extra Deck would allow you to make a decent deck. Also, all deck skeletons will be "reviewed" so that you can get a "fair" Deck. Still thinking about the rest of the rules, but we're going to be implementing this format, so ideas would be nice :)

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350911288' post='6050579']
O_o D.A. did you just donate another 4k points to the pot? Do you want them back?

@Tourny Roster: Updated!

@Next Tourny Sneek-Peak: I think I WILL join the next tourny, because I had a very unique idea. We're going to do the whole "randomizer" thing and we each will be making "incomplete" Decks. 25 Main Deck cards, no side and no extra. And what's more: They're goinig to be made public (just the incomplete versions anyway). From there, 15 card remaining in Main Deck, and Full Side/Extra Deck would allow you to make a decent deck. Also, all deck skeletons will be "reviewed" so that you can get a "fair" Deck. Still thinking about the rest of the rules, but we're going to be implementing this format, so ideas would be nice :)
[/quote]
Yes I did just donate another 4k to the pot.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350911288' post='6050579']

[/quote]
How about if a Deck that doesn't look fair based on the 25 cards it has in it. Like if it just has a bunch of random cards that don't have any theme or synergy it get rejected. If you get a Deck rejected from the tourney 3x's then you are disqualified.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350912536' post='6050585']
That sounds about fair. Also, there probably shouldn't be more than 2 "copies" of a deck....or what do you guys think?
[/quote]
sounds interesting, and would add diversity. I was also thinking about earlier of a limited card pool style[anyone know any good random card pool generators?] with 3-4 types packs[3 of each pack] [everyone gets a random card pool to make a deck out of ]

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1350929848' post='6050796']
sounds interesting, and would add diversity. I was also thinking about earlier of a limited card pool style[anyone know any good random card pool generators?] with 3-4 types packs[3 of each pack] [everyone gets a random card pool to make a deck out of ]
[/quote]
That sounds like it would be bad.......mostly because the decks made would most likely be atrocious.

Archived