RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say

this is legitimately funny.

Like, incredibly so. I thought it'd be super serious (at least until I hit Yang's trailer), so this is kinda nice.

I can't wait for it all to go off the deep end and the feels start rolling in : D

Also, Professor Cookie did the anime glasses thing. +40 awesome.

Hopefully she'll get along with the others in a teamwork training exercise.

Episode 4: should be an evaluation of their individual skills and how they would react as a team.

Later episode: Yang and Blake vs. Ruby and Weiss

Another later episode: The girls have their weapons taken away for not following a lesson about embracing the unfamiliar.

I know what Weiss's problem is.

In her trailer, her song is full of "Tell me who's the lonliest of all." and "I'm lonliest of all." Blake said her family is famous for their shady business practices and partners. Weiss was furious at this.  Weiss isn't a rich ice queen, not completely anyways. She's lonely. She HATES that her parents have bad business partners and practices. I read on TVtropes that Monty said that Weiss wears her ponytail as a way of rebelling against her parents. She wants friends, but has none because she's associated with a corrupt company, and hates being reminded of it. Her Tsundere personality doesn't help either, but that may just narrow down to no people skills. 

In her trailer, her song is full of "Tell me who's the lonliest of all." and "I'm lonliest of all." Blake said her family is famous for their shady business practices and partners. Weiss was furious at this.  Weiss isn't a rich ice queen, not completely anyways. She's lonely. She HATES that her parents have bad business partners and practices. I read on TVtropes that Monty said that Weiss wears her ponytail as a way of rebelling against her parents. She wants friends, but has none because she's associated with a corrupt company, and hates being reminded of it. Her Tsundere personality doesn't help either, but that may just narrow down to no people skills. 

If that's true, I like her even more. If only Yang weren't so badass Weiss would be my favorite.

So basically, she has a sympathetic backstory, but has been reacting to her upbringing in the worst goddamn way possible.

If she really wanted to rebel against her parents, then why did she say "Finally, some recognition" when Blake said she was the heiress? She's clearly proud of her family, and she wasn't offended by the comment about her family's business because it was a reminder, but because she truly believes that what her family is doing is right. I don't see how her ponytail is meant to serve as rebellion, and her hairpin does resemble a crown.

Am I the only one who doesn't need to justify Weiss's terrible attitude to enjoy her as a character? I am totally fine with her as a heartless female dog (although I really do like Jord's theory)

I like her justification or no. I don't know if what Jord has said is right or not.

If she really wanted to rebel against her parents, then why did she say "Finally, some recognition" when Blake said she was the heiress? She's clearly proud of her family, and she wasn't offended by the comment about her family's business because it was a reminder, but because she truly believes that what her family is doing is right. I don't see how her ponytail is meant to serve as rebellion, and her hairpin does resemble a crown.

That's very logical. I think she's just naturally a jerk to everyone. PROBABLY because she's lonely, but that probably has nothing to do with her family.

That's very logical. I think she's just naturally a jerk to everyone. PROBABLY because she's lonely, but that probably has nothing to do with her family.

*nods* I agree with this.

Well, I think it's related to her family a little. Maybe she has issues with them (and why is she attending a hunting school like that anyway, when she should be studying to take over the family business?), but she doesn't mind using them for her own benefits. While it isn't the best comparison, maybe a bit like how Toph from Avatar flaunts her 'Beifong' status all the time?

Wow, they added a whole extra minute to it!

I like Ren, but wow was the animation on his weapons lazy. They didn't even show them folding into his sleeves. And with Pira, I'm going to pretend she has magnets in his gloves, because it seemed like her spear was pulled towards her arm rather than her just taking it out of the pillar.

Surprisingly, I actually didn't mind Weiss so much in this episode. She did get carried away with being the best, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and she had every right to be rude to Jaun.

Archived