Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shipping characters requires a level of investment that I just never can reach. Though I do like to think that Big Mac and Cheerilee did continue seeing each other.

See! You do ship because you're shipping Big Mac and Cherrilee!

Lol okay well seriously so do I. I mean I've had to figure out my shipping pairs because since I've started to review fan fictions people have asked me about them . . .

I ship everypony with my OC.

I kind of ship Fluttershy and Big Mac, but it's just kind of wish fullfillment, as I am a bit like Big Mac, and Fluttershy (at her best moments) is the kind of person I would like by my side.

Also, Flash Sentry (the guard, not the human) and Twilight. During my current crush I developed a love for the Knight/Lady relationship, and I would like them to evolve into a battle couple. That means I also ship Shining and Cadance, but that's as canon as it can be.

Sombra and Chrysalis are a ship I like, too, even if it'll never happen (maybe it happened in the backstory). It could be a dark version of the Knight and Lady, with both becoming monarchs.

I don't know why, but I really like Blueblood x Rarity. Maybe it's because I love Rarity's drama queen moments.

It would be funny if Big Mac turned out to be gay; then it would prove most of the fetishists right.

In some sense it would because a lot of people who think that about him would be able to laugh and say, "I told you so!"

But if Hasbro isn't even going to let Twilight punch Tirek in his cheek meat then I highly doubt they'd have a gay/lesbian/etc. character on the show.

I kind of ship Fluttershy and Big Mac, but it's just kind of wish fulfillment, as I am a bit like Big Mac, and Fluttershy (at her best moments) is the kind of person I would like by my side.

*kicks you in the face*
No.

Sombra and Chrysalis are a ship I like, too, even if it'll never happen (maybe it happened in the back story). It could be a dark version of the Knight and Lady, with both becoming monarchs.

Never heard of this one, but to be honest I really don't think they'd go together.

Twilight X Flash Sentry

-I approve of this one merely on the grounds like it seems it would work, and I've read quite a few fan fictions in which it does. In canon we know Twilight has a crush, of some sorts, on the pony Flash Sentry and definitely had one on the human Flash Sentry. He just has no personality so . . . give him one and that will solidify my choice on pairing him with Twilight.

Twilight X Celestia

-Why!? Why is this such a f*cking popular pairing!? Because they're teacher and student? Yeah as an aspiring teacher myself all I have to say that it's kind of weird to think of a student that way . . .

Rarity X Spike

-I have a love-hate relationship with this pairing. On one hand I don't want Spike to get with Rarity because I believe she is just using him, but I've read more than one story where it does work and convinces me that Rarity is trying to push him away so he goes after someone "who he didn't fall in love with over their looks."

Spike X Sweetie Belle

-This is just Spike and Rarity light. It works out more for me because I can see them getting together in some fashion.

Fluttershy X Big Macintosh

-Nope. Why? The only thing it has going for it is "both are shy/quiet so they should be together." That does not make a relationship. Big Mac is a farm worker, rural and a hard worker. Fluttershy just . . . doesn't seem to fit with those traits.

Fluttershy X Discord

-Again, no. Just because she befriended him doesn't mean I see them together.

Big Macintosh X Cherrilee

-This one actually works because they have some chemistry together- both in the show and in the comics.

Discord X Celestia

- Just because Megan McArthy says it isn't so doesn't mean I can't believe it still. These two work off of each other, one being random and funny while the other is stoic and mostly serious all the time. I'd like to think in the past, before the two sisters found the Elements of Harmony, Discord trolled Celestia (and Luna) hard into running around Equestria for a way to beat him and unwittingly made Celestia like him (of course disguised as a pony). It would give a reason why Celestia hates him so much.

Octavia X Vinyl

-This pairing has been solidified in my mind merely because of "Vinyl and Octavia: University Days"

Other Pairings I Enjoy:

Comet Burst X Angel from "The Golden Armor"

Derpy X Doctor Whooves (I'll have to admit I can see it both as a friendship or as a couple, more so as friends though)

Sweetie Belle X Button Mash

Pipsqueak X Dinky

Also in case any of you were wondering why I didn't put Bon-Bon X Lyra or paired any of the mane six together . . . uh . . . I really don't see the point. All possible pairings just seem to be more friends than a possible could to me.

I know several shippers of Pinkie x Cheese.

Hypothetically.... If Pinkie and Cheese did get married/have kids/etc...

The kids would effectively be on the same level, if not, stronger, then Discord. Or at least, as far as the ability to kick logic out and do the impossible goes.
I mean Pinkie basically a demigod. And Cheese, for all intensive purposes, is another demigod. So offspring of them would be straight-up unstoppable.

Just sayin'

Given Pinkie's character, I don't think I could ever imagine her in a romantic relationship.

I never can get behind characters shipped like that, because them x anyone makes no sense to me.

Same here. The stallion who can be her coltfriend has GOT to be one of a kind, just like her.

I have seen what her daughter might be like in "The Next Generation"

Meet Sugar Rush:

next_generation__sugar_rush_by_kilala97-

Here is the information so you guys don't have to go hunting for it:

Name: Sugar Rush
Nicknames: Sugar
Parents: Pinkie Pie, Pokey Pierce

General bio:
Sugar is much like her mother. They have all the same intentions and same goals and same view on life. The only difference is that Sugar Rush is very much sane and carries herself in a very calm manner. She's mature for her age and quite talented. The only think making her seem like a little adult is her short attention span. She has difficulty focusing on one thing for too long. She's incredibly friendly and can talk to anypony very easily. She is a lover of sweets and can NOT live with out them. When she's low on sugar, she goes insane. She enjoys eating them just as much as she likes making them. Many say it's her talent but she won't realize it. Though Sugar is talented, she has a hard time with magic. It never really seems to work out for her whether it be trying to do a spell, or just levitating something. This is probably due to her lack of focus.

Relationships:
Sugar Rush is close with both of her parents and learns as much as she can from both of them. She learns about how to cook from her mother and tries to learn magic from her father. 

Sugar Rush looks up to her big sister Candy a lot and she and her twin, Cloudy, are inseparable. Though Sugar is the younger one, she acts like the older one and watches out and takes care of Cloudy wherever they go. 

Sugar Rush has a crush on Icy Storm and almost everypony knows that she does (other than Icy). Of course, that relationship seems to go nowhere since Icy's got his eyes on a certain slightly older, blue eyed, purple mare. Though this is the case, Sugar keeps trying to get closer to him anyways. They've become good friends though. 

Sugar and Nighty are actually close too. She likes to baby him since he's so adorable and dorky. Since he's quite good at magic and learned from the best (his mother and Anthea) he does all he can to try and teach Sugar how to use magic. 

Sugar loves the CMC kids. She's great friends with all of them. She likes to hang out with them but tends to not go on their adventures since she's quite girly and isn't into that stuff. 

And apparently Pinkie doesn't have just one child either . . .

cotton_cutie_by_kilala97-d7ifdx6.jpg

Name: Cotton Candy (Candy)
Parents: Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, bubbly, enthusiastic, sweet
Bio: Cotton Candy is the daughter of Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce. She is a lot like Pinkie Pie in personality but a little less crazy. Candy is still pretty cray cray though. She likes making ponies smile but takes a much less aggressive approach than Pinkie Pie when it comes to doing so. She gives great advice and can calm down and have a good talk with her friends when they are feeling sad.  

There is another one but we have no information on her, not even a name.

Hey....

Hey guys....

[spoiler=It's a Kelpie]
keldeo_v_4_by_xous54-d4pv5g0.png[/spoiler]

No Arm, just . . . no.

That's... not exactly what I think about when I think of a Kelpie. I'm kind of reminded of America Dragon Jake Long, actually.

You mean this?

Kelpie_7557.PNG

Yeah that would be more the Kelpie "on land". According to the Scottish myth a Kelpie is most commonly described as a "water horse" which can transform into a human form whilst on land; depending on who you ask, the Kelpie might or might not retain their hooves in human form.

This is the most common depiction of a Kelpie:

Kelpie_by_porcelianDoll.jpg

Haven't I already said I saw some of the Dazzlers in pony form?

Archived