The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mizzix help

Don't really like Pristine Talisman - I would want cards that give coloured mana since eventually I will have next to no use for colourless. If I can find space for Pristine Talisman, I'd take Paradise Plume over it.

Strapping Basilisk Collar to a damage output seems to be a way to go, but with so few creatures in the deck that can synergize well with it, it's likely to be a dead card in pinches.

Guess I'll try Tablet.

@Rinne I can say that being able to pull fatties out of your deck at instant speed without even casting them can result in value really quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted most variants of my Damia list here, so I imagine the regulars know the gist of it.

I need a commander for a deck that is the opposite of this, just so I know what the other side feels like.

By opposite you mean aggro/instant win combo?

Oh. I actually really like that. Grixis lets me play cruel ultimatum(!!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!!), her ability synergizes well with politics and playing multiple guys.

Plus, if it comes down to it, I can go infinite with Mike.

Thanks, Rod, I will post a preliminary list after I figure her out online.

Let me know how Marchesa goes. I've been tempted to build her for quite a while now but never have been able to lock down a build.

Also, I'm having cold feet with continuing with Daxos. Which is a shame, considering I'd have nowhere else to put Serra's Sanctum, but he's just too variance-heavy. Thinking of slowly pulling together cards for Karador, and then maybe building something else. Don't know what the "something else" is yet, though. P:

Bleh, getting bit by the deckbuilding bug sucks.

Ashnod's Altar + Sliver Queen + Blood Artist. gg :3

My first experience with one of these was Teysa + Reveillark + Karmic Guide. I then realized my Karador deck already had Reveillark and Karmic and I added Teysa for value. Since then my deck has slowly gotten more and more combo heavy. Thinking about adding Alter of Dementia. Its a wincon that also lets me find my combo pieces so it seems really good. Also thinking about Spawning Pit.

Let me know how Marchesa goes. I've been tempted to build her for quite a while now but never have been able to lock down a build.

Also, I'm having cold feet with continuing with Daxos. Which is a shame, considering I'd have nowhere else to put Serra's Sanctum, but he's just too variance-heavy. Thinking of slowly pulling together cards for Karador, and then maybe building something else. Don't know what the "something else" is yet, though. P:

Bleh, getting bit by the deckbuilding bug sucks.

If I had the money for it I would snap put Serra's Sanctum in my Hanna pillow fort.

Lol, I'd totally arrange a DeckBox trade with you. ;)

That said, I like the deck when it succeeds, but it sometimes just sits there spinning its gears. Which isn't fun.

You could try Bruna maybe? The deck would also have a high enchantment count. I do know the feel of just spinning your wheels. Its happened to me with Freyalise before. Thinking of picking up a Helix Pinnacle for those kinds of games. I can make a lot of mana, but it not that hard for me to have nothing to do with it.

You could try Bruna maybe? The deck would also have a high enchantment count. I do know the feel of just spinning your wheels. Its happened to me with Freyalise before. Thinking of picking up a Helix Pinnacle for those kinds of games. I can make a lot of mana, but it not that hard for me to have nothing to do with it.

Bruna's even more of a one-trick pony than Daxos, in my experience/observation.

So far, changes I'm thinking about.

Freyalise: Nissa, Kozilek, Mirrorpool

Gahiji (was my Rith deck): Chandra and Nissa

Animar: Kozilek

Hanna: Oath of Jace

Ioras: Needle Spires

Sedris: Chandra

Honestly, not a ton is jumping out at me. Most of those aren't even cards I'm like, "YES THIS NEEDS TO GO IN". I think the closest is Chandra for Sedris and Gahiji and Mirrorpool in Freyalise.

Jori En is going straight into Mizzix for sheer gas potential. Yes, I'd like to draw a total of 3 cards with 2 Whisper buybacks.

Crush of Tentacles is going directly into Thassa. #TentaclesforThassa

Immolating Glare is an amazing cheap playable removal spell. Going right into my Liquor Cabinet.

Sphinx of the Final Word is tempting to throw into any spell-heavy EDH.

I first need to make up my mind, sob. If I continue to build Karador, though, it'll probably be World Breaker and Hissing Quagmire.

Also, take a gander at this.

Csstf6P.jpg

Apparently the rules committee wants to remove off-color fetches from decks. What do you think of this? Personally I wouldn't mind/care that much, but I know it would negatively impact a few commanders (ex. Titania, Rakdos), as well as make competitive decks that much slower.

not being allowed to have off color fetches would pretty much dunk titania. she still has stuff like e wilds, t expanse, blighted woodland, and myriad landscape, but the fetches really make her tick as a force to be reckoned with.

Yea, 4 free 5/3 is a kind of major thing to lose for that deck. Again, I feel like looking for a rule to get rid of them that isn't stupid convoluted REALLY isn't worth the effort.

Anyway, finally have a "I want this for commander decks" card in the form of Zendikar Resurgent. Card is going RIGHT in Animar since it does exactly what the deck wants, draws me cards and lets me make tons of mana. Will likely put it into Elf EDH too.

Archived