The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been requested to put together an EDH deck that doesn't have a shred of blue in it. What's good, yet reasonably cheap, to attempt?

Sidisi ad Naseum, lol.

Oh wait, you said good.

Elves can be put together for a small amount of money and has lots of room for upgrades.

BANLIST AND RULES LIST UPDATE

• Prophet of Kruphix has been banned. (And I just bought one, too.)
  • Rule 4 has been removed. If a deck would produce mana of a color outside of its color identity now, it does not get changed into colorless mana.
  • Partial Paris mulligans have been removed in favor of multiplayer Vancouver mulligans.

Discuss.

i'll be honest i'm super glad to see prophet go. it just made games longer since the prophet player would often interject between other players turns.

"oh wait, you're done? ok i'll flash in this and this."

"oh you're ending? before the next turn, i'm gonna do this."

it was annoying.

Don't know how to replace Prophet in Animar. It just did everything I wanted since it let me cast more creatures and because I have a bunch of ways to draw when I get creatures out it would just snowball. Think I'll just put in more ways to protect my creatures for now.

The mana change is one I approve of. I didn't like the colorless cheat, and giving people access to cards that need other colors or casting other players stuff is a very nice improvement.

Mull change is interesting. Commander games generate so much advantage that even if you have to go down a card you can easily make it up. Also, I didn't know the official suggestion was "mull until you have a good hand, don't abuse it". My play group uses it, but didn't know the rules committee was cool with it.

Also, shameless plug for a friend's Karlov EDH.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/346779-mtgedhkarlov-of-the-ghost-council/?do=findComment&comment=6793991

I'm pretty tapped out on idea for it and am curious if anyone can think of any.

Due to how much power and potential Prophet has, its mere presence on the field turned the game into "KILL IT KILL IT NOW" or the next few blue players doing their utmost to clone or take it. In the meantime, the Prophet player who's also playing blue has, barring severe underpreparation, ways to dodge or counter these tactics the moment the next player begins their turn. In particular, Prophet + Horde + Magmaw = bad time, especially when Horde can "flash" out a Changeling Champion to keep Prophet safe from removal.

New mana rule allows for converge to be playable in commanders with fewer colours. Bring to Light comes to mind.

Curious does anyone have any kind of advice/directions one can go down with Damia? I want to build a Sultai deck and was looking into how to build a Sidisi zombie deck, but after getting a beta list together it didn't feel different enough from a mono-black zombie one for me so I don't really think I want to go down the route anymore. When I look at my choice Damia is all I really have left since normal Sidisi and Mimeoplasm are graveyard decks which I don't want to do because I already have Sedris and Karador and Vorosh and Tasigur don't seem that interesting. I think I'd want a ton of ramp and X spells to use the mana, but not sure past that. Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Double post, but I do that here all the time so whatever.

So, I just got a Wort, the Raidmother. I have wanted to have a RG edh deck for... ever, so this is exciting for me. Anyone have ideas?

Genesis Wave. Win the game.

yo if you're talking wort the raidmother, just lean on a color and splash the other. for example, my wort deck is like 75% green/25% red. fork effects are amazing since you can copy them too. tooth and nail, genesis wave, confluences, elvish promenade if you focus on elf tokens, overwhelming stampede, etc. etc. the list goes on. basically just any sweet spells you wanna cast twice.

[spoiler=What I settled on]SB: 1 Wort, the Raidmother

1 Mobilize
1 Vitalize
1 Revel of the Fallen God
1 Xenagos, the Reveler
1 Giantbaiting
1 Cultivate
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Nature's Lore
1 Artifact Mutation
1 Parallel Evolution
1 Dragon Fodder