The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently i never updated my Tappedout deck from before so i had to apply all the changes Rai gave me first so this took a bit.. but anyway. Here is the new revised bit with some of the things that have thus far been suggested/recommended.

http://puu.sh/dmOkm/c470e6b403.png

Phos, im not particularly fond of infinite mana comboes.. but those Duplicate cards both came out after i made this deck and i never got around to re-doing it. They've been added in.

@ Giga

This is interesting. Seeing your posts from the deck back in its original Topics its like your almost a completely different player.

As for counter spells, Rai is the person who originally shaped up my counter-spell Pool, and no offense to anyone but, I'm going to let Rai keep up with that. Although, I did add Hinder.

Okay i think thats it...

Then why three bad ones C: teehee

They're the three that see the most play in my meta? Not all of us can afford Force of Wills. >:'P

How is Iroas, God of Victory as a commander? Or Anafenza?

I dunno, I kinda want to try out another deck with a different commander. That's why I'm asking.

As a god, Iroas automatically becomes a very potent commander. He seems like he'd be good in a token deck, maybe with a Soldier-tribal bend if you wanna add some flavor. Throw in a few anthems and your creatures suddenly become very scary.

Anafenza's not that good for EDH, though. The +1/+1 ability's isn't too good and requires too much support from other cards to have any relevance. The graveyard hate's not bad, but it's a meta call for sure. And 4/4 for 3 certainly isn't bad, but she lacks evasion to make the stats noticable.

Re: Keranos - Rewind, Dissipate or even Double Negative should go in over Cancel. Please. Don't use Cancel. Cancel sucks. I'd also rather something like Capsize or Voyage's End over Unsummon, still.

They're the three that see the most play in my meta? Not all of us can afford Force of Wills. >:'P

Re: Keranos - Rewind, Dissipate or even Double Negative should go in over Cancel. Please. Don't use Cancel. Cancel sucks. I'd also rather something like Boomerang or Voyage's End over Unsummon, still.

Urk... I didnt remove Cancel and Unsummon.. Swore I did. Thanks for catching that for me. Ill edit it promptly.

Urk... I didnt remove Cancel and Unsummon.. Swore I did. Thanks for catching that for me. Ill edit it promptly.

Lol, that's okay. Just link us to the finished TappedOut page when you're done. (;

I can afford 4 True-Name Nemesis, but I will never have the cash to buy Force of Will. That is just crazy.

Yeah, that's my thought. The difference between FoW or an ABU dual and something like Sneak Attack is that the latter fills a very specific niche in a deck. There are few cards that can do what Sneak Attack does; so if I ever need one for a deck, I'll save up to buy it. However, FoW and ABU duals can be replaced by other lands or counterspells. They don't improve the deck that much more.

Force of will can be acquired for as low as $70 right now. Though still quite a lot, that is not exactly backbreaking.

That's beyond what I'm willing to pay for one card, particularly one that readily has replacements as mentioned above. P:

EDIT: Plus, Pact of Negation, Foil or even Thwart fulfill my desire for affordable free counterspells. Or Rewind, which kinda counts.

Force of will can be acquired for as low as $70 right now. Though still quite a lot, that is not exactly backbreaking.

I wasn't really trying to refer to the price of the card to more of the ability to play other cards even when I came across that way, not my main point. True-Name is completely unique, there is no other card that has that effect. It would be more worth it to get TNN than to get FoW. There are replacements.

This is a thing? o_O

Commanders:

~Marrow-Gnawer (The Original Infestation)

~Arcanis the Omnipotent (IRL Snow/Artifact deck)

Experience: I've known about the game since about 5th grade and I'm gonna be 27 in a couple of months. Despite this, decks tend not to like me if I try to not netdeck. I am not sure why.
I don't have either deck on TappedOut yet...halfway don't want to, because then I'm likely to completely forget about the site, if I have a seizure...

This is a thing? o_O

Commanders:
~Marrow-Gnawer (Cockatrice-only, Rat-themed deck)
~Arcanis the Omnipotent (IRL Snow/Artifact deck)
Experience: I've known about the game since about 5th grade and I'm gonna be 27 in a couple of months. Despite this, decks tend not to like me if I try to not netdeck. I am not sure why.
I don't have either deck on TappedOut yet...halfway don't want to, because then I'm likely to completely forget about the site, if I have a seizure...

Added, and whooo, Marrow Gnawer! I'd totally build him if I were sure I wouldn't get sick of tribal decks after 2-3 playthroughs. P:

Post them up anyways?

I don't have the Snow/Artifact deck up (halfway don't wanna, since that was built using whatever spare cards I had), but Marrow-Gnawer's The Original Infestation deck is up.
And no, despite the name, it's NOT based around the Infest mechanic. I'm more pulling from the fact that seeing a bunch of Rats in real life is a sign of an infestation.

So since one deck is too little, anyone help with finding another commander? Since Ephara is hard control, I'd rather make something combo-ish, although not artifact-based,

Ehhh, what kinda combo do you want? Draw your deck and drop Laboratory Maniac? Infinite mana into Comet Storm? Flat out storm? Or just some weird/janky interactions that people won't see coming?

Ghave, Prime Speaker and Damia are all excellent combo generals.

Neither of those ever flowed well with me ;w;

Mishra is like, the coolest combo general.

Doesn't it run a fuckton of old expensive cards?

Ehhh, what kinda combo do you want? Draw your deck and drop Laboratory Maniac? Infinite mana into Comet Storm? Flat out storm? Or just some weird/janky interactions that people won't see coming?

Something nonjanky would be nice, just a deck with ton of synergy.

Ah Humility is Banned in 1 vs 1 thought

Are you implying we have seperate decks for 1v1 and multiplayer? :p

Archived