Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Honestly, the only real problem with -033 you have there is its overly-accessible Rank.

Every Deck that does Xyz, and even a few that don't, have some easy way to access Rank 7 at this point, especially considering R4+SDF, or R6+VNF. However, it's at that awkward precipice where it's both broken and useless.

While a lot of Decks in the AGM are reliant on Pendulum, quite a few Pendulum Decks (notably Serpent Night, Des-Draco, Gold-Eyes, and now Dandao) can function using their Scales for alternative purposes and using non-Pendulum Special Summon methods. In addition, quite a few non-Pendulum Decks exist, and there is another Numerix in particular (Numerix-008: Advocate for Reform) seems designed as a counter for it by being legitimately designed the anti-Xyz Xyz, and Fungal Serpents would simply rot it down and pummel you to death with piercing.

Lastly, and most importantly, when it is effective at crippling a Pendulum Deck, it does it almost too well, locking them down for long enough that becomes absurdly easy to beat them to death with another R7.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I should scrap that Pendulum effect, and go for another better defensive effect than? I just really like the idea of an XYZ that locks Pendulum summoning for a few turns, but I get your point. I think I'll make it's effect : Once per turn, detach an XYZ material, until the beginning of your next turn, your opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards. Or maybe until the end of your turn would be better? So rather than shutting down pendulums whose scales have effects, it just protects you from nasty surprises while your making your push? 

Welp, edited it. Hopefully it is less awkward now. 

Erm... I got bored (nearly died) of reviewing archetypes like a slave. So if I Sign up... Do I just make random archetypes and/or singles?

Pretty much just take something from "Archetype Game" in the Games section and make it into a set, based on the prompt given. Or you can make your own archetype and slap on an AGM tag. That's pretty much what I do.

----

Hey Draco, do we have Time-Space Trap Hole in our format?

Pretty much just take something from "Archetype Game" in the Games section and make it into a set, based on the prompt given. Or you can make your own archetype and slap on an AGM tag. That's pretty much what I do.

Aight. I see.

Eh... I'll sign up. Don't expect anything from me too fast though, I usually have to wait awhile for inspiration. Singles are usually not as bad for me as opposed to an archetype.

Aight. I see.

Eh... I'll sign up. Don't expect anything from me too fast though, I usually have to wait awhile for inspiration. Singles are usually not as bad for me as opposed to an archetype.

Up for a co-op? I'm currently working on Freemasons(Illuminati) and Steel Cavalry(tanks with chopper XYZs).

I'm not really fond of this card's summon effect being that simple to pull off (even if the card is specific), especially coupled with the Solemn Notice-esque effect.

On another note, here's what I have for Fantasy Wyverns (I'll post them later on, but here's what you can expect)

[spoiler=I may have changed the original effects, but these should be up to date]

Fantasy Wyverns

(Naming them in Chinese and Japanese)

----
Xùrì the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 3 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Tuner | Effect
You can only use the effect of ¨Xùrì the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 ¨Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your hand, except ¨Xùrì the Fantasy Wyvern¨.

1200/1500

Asahi the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 3 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Tuner | Effect
You can only use the effect of "Hiruhi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Deck to your hand.

1500/1200

Tàiyáng the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 4 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect
You can only use each effect of "Tàiyáng the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 ¨Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Graveyard, except "Tàiyáng the Fantasy Wyvern".
(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.

1800/1400

Hiruhi the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 4 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect
You can only use each effect of "Hiruhi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.

1500/1700

Xīyáng the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 5 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect
You can only use each effect of "Xīyáng the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can discard 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" card instead.

2200/1500

Yūhi the Fantasy Wyvern
Level 5 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Effect
You can only use each effect of "Yūhi the Fantasy Wyvern" once per turn.
(1) If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) If a "Fantasy Wyvern" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can discard 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" card instead.

2100/1600

Yuèguāng the High Fantasy Wyvern
Level 7 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Synchro | Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Fantasy Wyvern" monsters
(1) Once per turn, if another "Fantasy Wyvern" monster you control would be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can negate that card effect, and if you do, destroy it.
(2) If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Graveyard, except "Yuèguāng the High Fantasy Wyvern".

2500/2200

Getsumei the High Fantasy Wyvern
Level 8 | LIGHT | Wyrm | Synchro | Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Fantasy Wyvern" monsters
(1) Once per turn, if another "Fantasy Wyvern" monster you control would be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can negate that card effect, and if you do, destroy it.
(2) If this card leaves the field: You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

2800/2400

Fantasy Cycle
Spell | Continuous
You can only use 1 effect of "Fantasy Cycle" per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower "Fantasy Wyvern" monster (from your Graveyard).
(2) You can add 1 "Fantasy Wyvern" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

----

Monsters are named for: morning sun, noon/afternoon set, setting sun and moonlight, respectively (3, 4, 5, 7, 8). And yes, they are partly based on 'tellars and other stuff (I did warn you guys that they'd have a revival card of sorts to recur themselves).

Honestly, I think I would like it more if you could banish a Time-Space as it was activated to Summon it from anywhere. Like so:

This monster is also always treated as DARK. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. When you activate "Time-Space Trap Hole": Negate and banish it to and Special Summon this monster from your hand or Deck (You can only Special Summon 1 "Time-Space Paradox Dragon" per activation of "Time-Space Trap Hole").

Something like that.

I know there's one member you need to give a review to in Advanced, but yeah.

Then again, I don't review all Archetypes in CC because of time constraints and the amount of time needed to grade everything in said thread. (If it's a small set, I'll probably consider it; larger ones, likely not).

Actually have 2 left. Toadtotter and Toyo are the last ones.

hrmI91v.jpg

Any chance this can get in, or does it need more work?

Level is okay, Stats and effect needs work.

For example, change the Summoning requirement to banishing atleast 2 Time-Space Trap Holes. Reduce the ATK to 3000. Remove the unaffected by other card effects part, because it is just plain ridiculous, and add that you cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you Summon this card.

Banishing 2 Holes prevents swarming. Hard OPT isn't needed as the most you would Summon in one game would be 1 copy. 3000 ATK so that your opponent isn't deadlocked, and especially by removing that unaffected by card effects effect. This makes it not as invincible as S/T and monster effects can still get rid of it.

Numerix 77!

HniAHCM.jpg

LORE:2 Level 7 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Banish all monsters you control whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's Rank. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish 1 LIGHT or DARK monster on the field. When this card is removed from the field: You can Special Summon 1 of the Xyz Materials that was originally attached to this card from your Graveyard or Banished Zone. Any monster this card destroys by battle is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard.

I hate when I draw a blank like this. To make a second set of Space Cruisers, I need 3 fictional spacefaring vessels with 1-word names from different series (already used StarCraft [Hyperion], Star Wars [Executor], and Nanoha [Arthra]), and 3 watercraft with 1-word names from different series (Moby-Dick [Pequod], 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea [Nautilus], and Greek mythos [Argo] are in use).

Can anyone help? Please?

For spaceships, you could use a lot of names from the Culture series. Zealot, Revisionist, Eschatologist (eschatology is a part of theology concerned with the ultimate fate of humanity as a whole; tends to overlap with the apocalypse), and Xenophobe are just a few. Here's a link.

For watercraft, I've got nothing. Sorry.

Archived