Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My litmus test isn't can it beat Kozmos, but more like, does it have a shot at beating Kozmos. It doesn't need to be a great shot, but there should be a chance.

Do you happen to be talking about in general, or in the AGM format specifically?

That Numerix super-archetype sounds cool. We do gotta remember not to leave the other summoning types left behind as I assume most/all Numerix are gonna be generic. Pendulums and XYZ seem like they'd make up quite a decent amount of the format, but we should also make sure to give generic treatment for Synchros, Fusions and Rituals (+ lesser subtypes).

The problem with Fusion is that it's difficult to make good and generic without messing with things. Beast-Eyes is a good template for a generic Fusion, actually.

Also, Synchro and Fusion are added into most in non-Main Page archetypes by Darkhorse, Barrk, and Aeon, and we could do a set of Signer Dragon things and generic Fusions and oh my God that would be fun as hell.

I'll open up the "AGM Generic Creations" thread tomorrow or on Saturday.

Do you happen to be talking about in general, or in the AGM format specifically?

That Numerix super-archetype sounds cool. We do gotta remember not to leave the other summoning types left behind as I assume most/all Numerix are gonna be generic. Pendulums and XYZ seem like they'd make up quite a decent amount of the format, but we should also make sure to give generic treatment for Synchros, Fusions and Rituals (+ lesser subtypes).

In general. I am not up to date enough on the AGM format to make that call. I don't even know where to look to see what cards are in the AGM format. 

At least we get things done quicker in here, as opposed to how the cards are dealt with in 2099 (and yes, Darkness decided to change the review team for whatever reason).

I don't know how that darkfireblade member grades cards, but I've been hearing positive things about him, so going to assume he knows what the hell he's doing. Darkness was on the original thing, and knows what he's doing (plus, I don't have issues with him as a member; least not anything major). Not sure on Self-Destruct since I really only see him in DP.

As for the official DP format, I literally have no clue what's going on there anymore, except for the initial pool being cleaned out. Everyone appears to have gone to 2099, so safe to assume official format is dead.

But yeah, this is shaping up to be a nice format so far; only gripe is that we've yet to actually test the cards ourselves. 

----

Least everyone has access to whatever cards added to this format as opposed to buying stuff.

2 out of 3 of the Numerix cards done!

[spoiler=Show]

XBC7VzJ.jpg

LORE:2 Level 4 DARK monsters
While this card has an Xyz Material, negate all card effects in either player's Graveyard. Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish it. During each of your End Phases, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

[spoiler=Show]

m8qaXqN.jpg

LORE:2 Level 3 monsters
Cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand, and based on its type apply this effect. ● Monster: This card gains 1000 ATK ● Spell: While this card remains face-up on the field, it cannot be destroyed by card effects ● Trap: Declare 1 card name; your opponent banishes all copies of that card from their hand and Deck.

Also: Grimmoire!

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349039-agm-voir-le-mystique-grimmoire/

Might be nice if they didn't have to rely on duplicates of each other to do stuff, but yeah I need to have a look at them.

Come to think of it, still getting to work on Fantasy Wyverns; basically giving them standard stuff + incorporating their protection theme. I may give them a Tuner or two, so they can Synchro into whatever [at least from 6-8]. I know one pair of them is going to have a Union/6Sam-esque clause for protection; another set will have discard costs. The ED will likely be full-on protection from Castel or other non-destructive removal.

Numerix 7!

[spoiler=Show]

6j51a2s.jpg

LORE:2 Level 7 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Banish all other monsters you control; if you do, you can banish an equal number of Spell/Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; destroy it. If you do, this card cannot declare an attack this turn.

Too overpowered?

I don't see any real issues personally, beyond targeting immunity on a Rank 7 being something I have yet to see, so I'll allow Sakura to make a judgement.

Okay, I have some effects for the new Space Cruisers I'd be adding, and I downloaded an image of the Greek alphabet, but I still need 6 new names. I'm really trying not to use any series twice.

The upper three Levels, 8-10, are supposed to be fictional spaceships: I went with the Arthra from Nanoha, the Executor from Star Wars, and the Hyperion from StarCraft.

The lower three Levels, 5-7, are fictional watercraft: I used the Argo from Greek mythology, the Pequod from Moby Dick, and the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

@Nyx: Given the way the effect is worded on summon, you're basically losing your entire board, though at the least the S/T removal is optional. Other than that, I guess you should be fine with its protection effect + detach stuff. (At least with respect to the AGM format otherwise)

Just to let you guys know, I'm not going to be on as frequently. I have to focus more on my schoolwork.

That's understandable; academics and work take priority over being here. 

(I should be studying CEE stuff instead of being here nearly daily)

----

Ah yes, since this apparently became an issue for 2099 (regarding how DP is off/on at times), once things start taking off and we actually use stuff against each other; you all want to stay on DP or utilize other options, should they be available and more reliable in staying up. 

I have DP at the ready, but certainly if there are better options I'd like to take them. I heard someone was trying to code an online duel sim that can handle six people at once for triple-duels, battle royales, and baton duels like the WRGP. If the AGM used something like that I'd laugh like a maniac.

That would be amusing if we could have triple duels, however they'd work out in the end. 

I would think we actually have more cards than the 2099 format, but it's a community consensus for the most part here (as opposed to 3-4 people deciding on submissions; pack stuff is another story since I'm not on the Skype chat to say stuff). That, and we have all cards available instead of buying stuff. 

Poor Level 1 never got much of significance in the Rank 1 pool. Let's fix that. Shall we?

[spoiler=Show]

7UtmGPn.jpg

LORE:2 Level 1 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 2 Rank 1 monsters you control as the Xyz Materials. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If Summoned this way, this card gains 2000 ATK and DEF. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; until your next Standby Phase, neither player can activate the effects of Effect Monsters the turn they are Special Summoned.

Though, should the last effect be too overpowered, someone mind helping me balance it?

Archived