Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me tell you something, jackelgull- that's more than bloorocks has done.

I don't expect everyone to keep up with our Big Five (Myself, Nyx, Sakura, EG, Dova)- Tojin hasn't done much in a while, Tinkerer very rarely contributes, garland has only done the BBP in regards to anything relevant, and Talim isn't much of a contributor in general, but I still find them as good members.

So don't worry about it. If anything, you might become relevant later. Try some tricky archetypes, try a few collabs. You'll fit in . . . eventually. But for now, you're New Guy. So get to it, New Guy.

I only made 3 so far (and Fantasy Wyvern constitutes my 4th). Though, take into account that I have the whole of CC to watch over AND my engineering courses outside of this site, so yeah cardmaking time is not very high at the moment.

Yeah; you're not one of the people I was referring to, Sakura. While you've contributed four archetypes, you're still pretty active on this thread.

Sorry about that.

How about this then, an archetype with monsters of modest stats that when summoned, generate counters, and when they die, you get to banish cards from the opponent's deck. They have a powerful field spell with an Endymion like effect. This field spell gains abilities depending on the number of counters on it. At three, it might give a small attack boost, and so on. When the Field Spell reaches a certain number of counters, you win the game. 

I'm fine with all of them bar Utopia being around (and Shocky is already banned); that and some of the submissions I added are Numbers. 

EDIT: Here's the Snow Flyer stuff I mentioned (and yes, they are holiday-themed like I mentioned)

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348622-sakura-i-dont-care-that-the-winter-holidays-are-over/

I'll have to decide which Number I want to take (Skateboards can Rank 3, but their emphasis is on Rituals; Phoenix Guardian might have a chance somewhere and Electric Field is awkward but still Rank 4-ish). Although, if I expand it to other stuff in here, Psychic Dragons can probably go for it (they need some other monsters for Serena to help make) and the new Flyer stuff that I linked to on previous page can Rank 4 if they want (they have one, which I didn't add to that thread).

Or yeah, just make it personalized for whatever.

[spoiler=Number 24]163c5488a0.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using 2 Level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monsters you control of the same Level as Xyz Materials. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon any number of your banished numbers, up to the number of monsters your opponent has banished + 1, then your opponent can Special Summon an equal number of their banished monsters - 1.

Generic Zombie support, for future Zombie based archetype, but also to work with just banish.dek.

[spoiler=Number 43]f34971d523.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; Set it (if possible), then, if that card is still face-up, return it to the hand.

I wanted a Castel for this format, but not as...meh....

[spoiler=Number 59]ea7630b2a9.jpg

2 Level 8 Warrior-Type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can send 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Draw 1 card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Equip it to a monster you control.

Designed to work with some Warrior-Type archetype in the future, and also work with my Malicious Empire monsters.

First attempts, what do you think? Rebuilding a format is harder than one might think.

Had to use puush over TCGEditor because it can't handle colons.

Yeah, that's what I said.

1-100 being things everyone chips in with, and we each make our own (101-108) to augment one of our own archetypes, or our personal favorite AGM archetype.

Myself

EG

Dova

Sakura

Nyx

Tinkerer

Tojin

jackelgull (I trust you, New Guy)

What say you?

What are the numbers archetype? I tried looking them up, but the wiki on them doesn't tell me anything. 

I'm in by the way. That AP Physics homework that's been slamming me on the table and [fornicating] me is done, so I've got some time. 

Archived