Grand Coliseum

(other spells)

Upstart

Secret Ambition

Secret Ambition

Secret Ambition

Awakening from the Dream

Awakening from the Dream

(Each individual card is written out multiple times because I was trying to use a list randomizer to get random opening hands)

The premise of this deck is "Ms. Iwasa turbo". I'll post a spoiler with all the cards in the Deck below, but basically, Ms. Iwasa has the ability to pop any number of Dream☆Dream CARDS you control and an equivalent number of cards in your opponent's hand. Though I haven't done an exhaustive amount of scenario testing, of the ten trials with random opening hands, it was able to pull off a full hand destruction EVERY TIME with varying amounts of cards left over. No Extra shown, but it would consist of a varying number of LIGHT Synchros so that you could pull off Angel of Pure Light's effect.

[spoiler The cards' effects]

Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Ms. Iwasa

LIGHT - Level 1 - Psychic/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect - 0/0 - Scale 9

Pendulum Effect - If a "Dream☆Dream" Spell/Trap Card is activated, draw 1 card (You can only activate this effect of "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Ms. Iwasa" once per turn). If you would Pendulum Summon 1 or more "Dream☆Dream Performer" monsters, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards or the effects of Spell Cards in response.

Monster Effect - If this monster is Special Summoned, you can destroy any number of face-up "Dream☆Dream" cards you control, and if you do, select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Destroy an equivalent number of cards in your opponent's hand and/or in the field to the number of "Dream☆Dream" cards destroyed (cards in the hand are selected at random).

●Add an equivalent number of "Dream☆Dream" cards, except "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Ms. Iwasa", from your Deck to your hand to the number of "Dream☆Dream" cards destroyed.

Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Ms. Takeda

LIGHT - Level 5 - Psychic/Pendulum/Effect - 2100/1400 - Scale 8

Pendulum Effect - If all monsters you would Pendulum Summon using this card as a Pendulum Scale are "Dream☆Dream" monsters, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards or the effects of Trap Cards in response to the Summon. During your End Phase, you can destroy this card in your Pendulum Zone: Add 1 "Dream☆Dream" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect - If this monster is Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Dream☆Dream Stage" card from your Deck to your hand.

Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Mr. Kawashima

LIGHT - Level 6 - Psychic/Pendulum/Effect - 2200/2300 - Scale 7

Pendulum Effect - If the card in your other Pendulum Zone is a "Dream☆Dream" card, you can increase or decrease this card's Pendulum Scale by 4. You can destroy the card in your other Pendulum Zone, and if you do, activate 1 "Dream☆Dream" Pendulum card from your Deck in your other Pendulum Zone (you can only activate this effect of "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Mr. Kawashima" once per turn).

Monster Effect - If you Special Summon a "Dream☆Dream" monster, except by the effect of "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Mr. Kawashima", you can Special Summon 1 "Dream☆Dream" monster from your hand or that is face-up in your Extra Deck (except "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Mr. Kawashima"). You can destroy this face-up monster to Special Summon 1 "Dream☆Dream Performer" monster from your Deck (you can only activate this effect of "Dream☆Dream Recruiter - Mr. Kawashima" once per turn).

Dream☆Dream Songwriter - Mr. Iwata

DARK - Level 3 - Psychic/Pendulum/Effect - 1200/1000 - Scale 0

Pendulum Effect - The effects of "Dream☆Dream Performer" monsters cannot be negated.

Monster Effect - When this monster is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Dream☆Dream" Continuous Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

Dream☆Dream Executive Manager

EARTH - Level 7 - Psychic/Pendulum/Effect - 2100/2500 - Scale 11

Pendulum Effect - During a turn when this monster is a Pendulum Scale, you cannot Pendulum Summon, unless you Pendulum Summon at least 1 "Dream☆Dream Performer" monster. Negate the first Spell Card your opponent activates in a turn.

Monster Effect - You can destroy this monster in your hand to add 1 "Dream☆Dream" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Dream☆Dream Executive Manager". If this monster is face-up in your Extra Deck and cannot be Pendulum Summoned with your current Pendulum Scales, you can Special Summon 1 Pendulum monster from your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, activate this card in the Pendulum Zone that card occupied (you can only activate this effect of "Dream☆Dream Executive Manager" once per turn).

Dream☆Dream Performer - Katsumi

FIRE - Level 5 - Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect - 2000/2000 - Scale 2

Pendulum Effect - You can select the targets of your opponent's attacks among monsters you control. If your opponent's monster is destroyed by battle during their turn, your opponent must discard all cards in their hand.

Monster Effect - If this monster is Pendulum Summoned with exactly 1 other "Dream☆Dream" monster (and no other monsters), you can Special Summon 1 "Dream☆Dream" monster from your Deck, OR target that other monster, and increase this monster's ATK by the target's ATK. This monster gains 400 ATK for every "Dream☆Dream" Pendulum card you control. If all monsters you control are "Dream☆Dream" monsters, your opponent cannot attack, except with this monster as an attack target.

Dream☆Dream Performer - Hoshino

LIGHT - Level 9 - Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect - 3050/2550 - Scale 4

Pendulum Effect - Once per turn, you can send 1 "Dream☆Dream" Pendulum card from your Main Deck to your Extra Deck, face-up: This card's Pendulum Scale and Pendulum Effect become the same as the sent monster's, until the end of the turn.

Monster Effect - Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this monster from your hand or face-up in your Extra Deck by Tributing 2 face-up "Dream☆Dream" cards you control.This monster gains the effects of both cards Tributed this way. During your turn, you can Tribute this face-up monster: You can Pendulum Summon twice this turn, but all monsters you Pendulum Summon in the second Pendulum Summon must be "Dream☆Dream Performer" monsters.

Dream☆Dream Performance - Stronger

Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, you can add 1 "Dream☆Dream" monster from your Deck to your hand. "Dream☆Dream" monsters you control gain X00 ATK for every "Dream☆Dream Performer" monster you control, where X is their Level. If you control 3 or more "Dream☆Dream" monsters, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards or their effects during the Battle Phase.

Dream☆Dream Stage - Tech Expo

Field Spell

If you Pendulum Summon 3 or more "Dream☆Dream" monsters simultaneously, you can target 1 of them: Its ATK is doubled this turn, but it cannot attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, you can activate 1 "Dream☆Dream" Pendulum card that is face-up in your Extra Deck directly into a Pendulum Zone.

Dream☆Dream Stage - Grand Coliseum

Field Spell

"Dream☆Dream" monsters you control gain 200 ATK for every "Dream☆Dream Stage" and "Dream☆Dream Performance" card on the field and in the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can target 1 "Dream☆Dream" card in your Pendulum Zone, and select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Reduce its Pendulum Scale by an amount up to its monster Level (min. 0), but if its Pendulum Scale becomes 0 by this effect, you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters from your hand this turn, except "Dream☆Dream" monsters.

●Increase its Pendulum Scale by an amount up to its monster Level (max. 13), but if its Pendulum Scale becomes 13 by this effect, monsters you control cannot attack or activate their effects this turn, except "Dream☆Dream" monsters.

Platune Violinfantry

LIGHT - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect - 1500/1500

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand, and if you do, you can discard 1 card to add 2 LIGHT monsters of different names from your Deck to your hand. When this monster is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand. If this monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, you can activate this effect: This monster's Level becomes 1.

Angel of Pure Light

LIGHT - Level 1 - Fairy/Tuner/Effect - 0/0

If this card is added to your hand during your Draw Phase, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can pay 1000 LP to reveal 1 LIGHT Synchro monster from your Extra Deck: Add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand exactly 1 Level lower than the revealed monster, but you cannot Summon the revealed monster or the added monster this turn.

Flame Child

FIRE - Level 1 - Pyro/Tuner/Effect - 800/200

You can discard this card from your hand to add 1 monster with 200 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand (You can only activate this effect of "Flame Child" once per turn). If this monster is Normal or Special Summoned, inflict 200 damage to your opponent.

Necromancer Morgan

DARK - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Pendulum - 1600/0 - Scale 2

Pendulum Effect - You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard: Pay LP equal to its ATK, and if you do, Special Summon that target. You can only activate this effect of "Necromancer Morgan" once per turn.

Monster Lore - A lady with the power to revive the dead. Her practices were unfavored by other magic users, so she defected.

Secret Ambition

Continuous Spell

If a Spell Card or the effect of a Spell Card (except the effect of "Secret Ambition") is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Level 3 or lower Spellcaster-Type and Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Spell Counter on this card. You can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card: Add 1 Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If you control both "Innocent Starter" and "Eternal Blaze", Continuous Spell Cards you control cannot be destroyed.

Sacred Tome of Oberon

Normal Spell

Discard this card from your hand to add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Sacred Tome of Oberon". During your Draw Phase, you can declare any number: If you activate that exact number of Spell/Trap Cards this turn, add this card in your Graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, this card is banished.

Awakening from the Dream

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 2 cards from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Awakening from the Dream" once per turn.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to use Angel to search members of the Deck, you would need:

A Level 10 in your ED to search Hoshino

A Level 8 to grab Executive Manager

A Level 7 for Mr. Kawashima

A Level 6 for Katsumi or Ms. Takeda

A Level 5 for Violinfantry or Morgan

A Level 4 for Mr. Iwata (does the AGM have a Level 5 LIGHT Synchro?)

Level 2s for literally everything else (Chrysanthemagus getting work in as literally just a search tool for a busted hand kill/OTK Deck)

Do you have recommendations as to which performers/management staff need nerfs?

Searching out level 4s isn't an issue anyway. I took Morgan out of the final build (forgot to take her info out), and Violinfantry would be pointless to search with Angel considering empty field summoning condition.

Anyways, I'd suggest fixing mostly Ms. Iwasa. She CAN'T have that hand destruction effect. Field destruction should be fine if you add a targeting condition. Other than that, every archetypal searcher needs some kind of hard-OPT (Mr. Iwata, Executive Manager, and Stronger).

Also, I dunno who made Secret Ambition, but it's completely bonkers without an OPT on its spell searching effect. I could probably find a means of looping that card infinitely if you give me a bit.

There. Now Ms. Iwasa is basically either Frightfur Tiger or Best Searcher Ever, and all the management staff's search effects are HOPT (except the songwriter, because he only searches the Continuous S/T). Also, "Stronger" can now only search performers.

And yeah, Secret Ambition is basically begging to be hard-Limited. Backrow removal is primo in the AGM given how many of our most important cards, in many archetypes, are Spells and Traps. Well, at least for Traps, Darkhorse has arguably the best out ever with a monster who banishes every single Trap on the field, and checks Set cards to be sure that there aren't any Traps . . . but we need a Spell Kaiju.

Given that it's the AGM's 2-year anniversary as a formal group on August 19th, I've been trying to think of something really interesting or fun for the group to do when the day comes. I'd been thinking of just making you all card gifts to thank you for being a part of this, or running some sort of contest, or even just finding something celebratory to do, but . . . nothing seems like it'd be appropriate. We'd probably already be doing a contest at that point, my liner notes for August's AGM Deck Challenge read "the FIRE Attribute", and I doubt any of you would really want me to design extra gift cards for you anyway. Then, not too long after that is my 21st birthday, and . . . I dunno.

It's honestly pretty hard being the primary function-type-guy for a group like this, because when the event falls flat I just feel stupid for having tried. If any of you have any sort of neat ideas, I'd love to hear them.

We could probably do a mini-set, but that depends on getting the other active members in here to do stuff. Notice from the last two group sets that certain members were absent. 

Contests are dead at this time; none of us here really compete. Draco, Tinkerer and I are the only ones who've actually gone in the section to compete, host and/or judge. (I haven't done the CC monthly in a good while now.)

I wouldn't mind another gift card, but yeah.

GFX stuff is probably out, since I'm likely the only one who even does it in this club, and even I haven't done too much serious work in there as of late. (Would go well with making artwork that we can use for future projects without having to deal with dA users and the like.)

Just as a reminder, July's Deck Challenge revolves around EARTH-Attribute monsters, which means that, at least among my archetypes, solid options include Fungal Serpents, Wyvernite, Dandao, Sandragon, and Vigilizard. You might also want to tech in a Shaddoll or two for Shekhinaga, because everyone wants Train-Doll flashbacks.

Okay, then.

By the way, Nyx, I'd like to remind you that you don't have to use an Archetype Game prompt for your pick regarding the next AGM group project. Anything neat that pops into your head that you'd like some help with (either because it's complicated, or because you'd want it to be pretty honkin' big), the next group project is yours.

Wanna make a named Material Fusion extravaganza, like OG E-HERO? Go for it!

Want to put us to task on a pseudo-Malefic archetype of altered retains of other AGM cards? Just say the word!

Have a craving for some unexpected variety of Ritual Summon? Hey, that's your prerogative.

Nyx has been gone for the past week or so lately; idk because of school or some other stuff.

Then again, some of the things that he noted about this one was that there was too many cards. That, and we all know how pedantic he is with finding appropriate images for all of them, even though there is no shame in doing Written Cards; hence why it took forever for him to even post the set as-is.

(I also need to remind all of us that the design notes stuff in Advanced did change on July 3rd, so simply c/p'ing the prompt verbatim from the Archetype game no longer counts. However, most of us already paraphrase them and/or provide how we went about it, which does count, so should be business as usual (you shouldn't be affected by the changes much, if any). Therefore, whomever posts the next group set or any AGM-specific things will be bound by these conditions.)

====

Other things I have on mind pertain to offline stuff, and some matters concerning Gadjiltron (remember the guy who provided us with Sworms?)

Instead of taking on an archetype project, my newest project will be spreading out Delta-Numerix. I already have ideas for D-N for -003, -008, -009, -020, and a second one(!) for -006. Maybe someone could help me out by making one for -026? I know I want it to have one, but I can't think of what effect it could have.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365403-make-an-archetypeseries-game/

(Some kid decided to ripoff of our club game; just let it die out because it won't go anywhere. Also because I just bumped ours up.)

Next project for me will likely stray a bit from AGM stuff and work on a Link based Archetype (which I know one exists). By now, the game probably should've released enough to get a somewhat decent idea of what to do (or not in the case of a few being slow as hell).

====

Also someone outside the club apparently attempted to review the Moyufutsusa thread but got turned off by the cards. All I told him was to just grade them as a whole; not individually because you'll be there for a very long time trying to see interactions (also AC warning).

Guys, quick note: Please, please, PLEASE do NOT create cards for the following archetypes:

Lavender

ASDF

TypEvolution

These archetypes are my babies, and I will make cards for them.

. . . 'Kay. No one intended to. I make support for archetypes I like and am interested in. I don't even know those.

. . . 'Kay. No one intended to. I make support for archetypes I like and am interested in. I don't even know those.

ASDF is that Archetype he made in the expy version of our game thread. Rest of them, I don't even know (or cbb to look in ours for).

But even then, there is no rule barring members from doing whatever Archetype they wish from the thread (except repeat versions). If it comes up in his thread, then he can do whatever (but not seeing anyone using it due to ours existing). 

====

As for the other user, don't spam in this thread if you have no intent of joining this club and/or participating in contests.

[spoiler Possible Danger Card (Blistersmith Magnum Opus - Kladenets)]So I'm looking through Blistersmiths and I kinda just noticed that the traps are all pretty much generic. It wouldn't be much of an issue except Kladenets burns for the monster's ATK value. Since it is a trap, the burn effect is Spell Speed 2 and can hit during both players' turns and be chained to removal for straight damage. Outside Blistersmiths, that's like 2k+ damage a turn.

@Draco, if you wanna make stuff for Lightkin, be my guest. I'll probably make more every now and then, but as-is, it should be more than capable of functioning.

Will you be updating the list of archetypes anytime soon Draconic?

Whenever we make more and link them, yes, he will update the OP (opening post). Right now, I don't know where half the guys are in this thread.

As for membership (if you're thinking of it), prove yourself either in the Deck challenges or a sponsored contest (right now. it is too late to enter the current one). Right now, you are 

Archived