Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering we have the Destruction Sword stuff in here (and partly from having to do own prompt in Synchro game), here's another boss for them. Garland might like this one, but we'll see.

Ascended Buster Dragon
Level 8 - LIGHT - Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2800/1200
1 "Destruction Sword" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must first be Synchro Summoned. You can only use the (3) effect of this card's name once per turn. (1) All monsters your opponent controls become Dragon-Type. (2) "Buster Blader" monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by an opponent's card effects. (3) You can activate 1 of these effects:

- Special Summon 1 "Buster Blader" monster from your hand or Graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions. You must control no "Buster Blader" monsters to activate and resolve this effect.

- Target 1 "Buster Blader" monster you control; equip it with up to 2 "Destruction Sword" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard.

(I would add this to the generic list, but it requires Destruction Swords to even work, so... While we're at it, let's nominate Buster Dragon if that isn't already here)

Sorry for the double post, but I would like someone to check all our Xyz for any particularly potent generic R3. I ask because, technically, we do have the Predaplant R3 engine available, and quite a few searchable Fusion Spells of respectable power. I'm going to be taking finals this week, so I won't be able to do it for a while, but I'd still like to get that checked ASAP.

I'll do a brief search through the Rank 3 pool; least on the generic stuff.

• Numerix-003: Meh, just stat boosting and prevents weaker stuff from targeting affecting monsters. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  • Numerix-029: Just walling potential, and LP halver if you can't pay the maintenance cost.
  • Numerix-031: Last effect may be of some issue with NS recursion stuff, but otherwise, fine.
  • Numerix-057: Assuming you still use the Predaplant engine, the ATK/DEF swap may be of some concern, but that's it.
  • Numerix-069: May be an issue, considering its good stats for a Rank 3 (see Break Sword) and hand banishment / good effects wherever you go.
  • Numerix-085: Reliant on you using big monsters to make it beefy enough to destroy stuff. Shouldn't be much issue.
  • Salivating Blood Lizard (my stuff): Most you get out of it is literally making the opponent's ATK/DEF zero and stealing LP. That's it.

I'll do a brief search through the Rank 3 pool; least on the generic stuff.

• Numerix-003: Meh, just stat boosting and prevents weaker stuff from targeting affecting monsters. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.
  • Numerix-029: Just walling potential, and LP halver if you can't pay the maintenance cost.
  • Numerix-031: Last effect may be of some issue with NS recursion stuff, but otherwise, fine.
  • Numerix-057: Assuming you still use the Predaplant engine, the ATK/DEF swap may be of some concern, but that's it.
  • Numerix-069: May be an issue, considering its good stats for a Rank 3 (see Break Sword) and hand banishment / good effects wherever you go.
  • Numerix-085: Reliant on you using big monsters to make it beefy enough to destroy stuff. Shouldn't be much issue.
  • Salivating Blood Lizard (my stuff): Most you get out of it is literally making the opponent's ATK/DEF zero and stealing LP. That's it.

I was going to do that, but couldn't find the Extra Deck monsters in Generics.

I did some poking around at some of my older stuff, though.

wYNPkoV.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Playful Demon" Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field and target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; shuffle that target into the respective owner's Deck.

Monster Effect:2 Level 3 monsters

During your Main Phase: You can place this card in an empty Pendulum Card Zone. If you can Pendulum Summon a Level 3 monster, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card from your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; shuffle 1 card on the field into the respective owner's Deck.

nsDZliJ.jpg

2 Level 3 "Grimmoire" monsters

While you control another monster, this card cannot declare an attack. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Grimmoire" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only activate this effect of "Grimmoire Celestia" once per turn. When this card is destroyed (either by battle or by a card effect): You can Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Grimmoire" monster that is 1 Rank higher, and if you do, attach this card to it as an Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

HAjornv.jpg

2 Level 3 "Scathach" monsters

While there are no face-up LIGHT monsters on the field, this card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; this card gains that card's effect until the End Phase. If this card leaves the field: You can treat all monsters on the field as LIGHT monsters.

VkvfOBI.jpg

Negate the effects of all monsters your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy 1 card on the field. If this card leaves the field: You can treat all monsters on the field as LIGHT monsters.

Yeah, I don't like making Xyz Monsters. At least nowhere near as much as Synchro monsters.

Remember that the first post broke under all the content, so yeah, stuff got moved. I think S/T stuff is on his 3rd post. 

But yeah, there were 12 Rank 3s; I only covered the generics. Rest either have some form of requirements.

Might be adding more stuff to the generic pool later. 

====

(Think we have a bigger one than 2099 or the new DP format had / probably will have in the future)

Thanks for the heads-up regarding Eerie Aura (Numerix-069). Darling Cobra / Orphrys Scorpio openers are likely going to end in Eerie Aura fields, and maybe a searched Agony Fusion, Dynamic Fusion, or Super Poly. Or, if some notable Level 3 freebies get involved (Neo AGM Avenger - Dragon King most notably), maybe Eerie Aura might be a Hero Rat (Numerix-085) with a 2200+ body, but beyond that I don't see much variance. Thankfully, that's not absolutely gamebreaking, but it's something to watch out for.

Speaking of generics, I should probably do Delta versions of certain Numerix I made (which sort of boils down to 61, 84, 91, 92 and 102; second and fifth one being ported from custom Numbers). 

Also designing Hearts Riding on the prompt is slightly more difficult than I had thought (but that might also be due to me adding on other conditions / modifying said prompt to actually be competitive and not flop like the last one). Then again, last one can still work, but certain members have mentioned that we shouldn't be doing Attribute-oriented design. 

Thanks for reminding me about Deltas. I just designed Delta-Numerix-006 and Delta-Numerix-043, and I'm completely stumped regarding Delta-Numerix-083 even though I really want there to be one. Anyone who has a good idea for the Rank-Up of our equivalent to Hope Harbinger can go right on ahead, because I should probably be focusing on the exam I'm taking tomorrow.

Depending on motivation and overall time, might post a new Archetype within the next week or something. I know I have an exam next Tuesday (and definitely need to start posting the rest of GPT 8). 

Only issue right now with Hearts Riding is naming and figuring out how to structure the members (so far, they have Synchro forms, the riders [which are named Rider (x)] and the actual beasts, which will vary). Also figuring out how to work with a Kozmo playing style since I haven't exactly used them too much. If it gets too much, I'll switch over to something else and return to the prompt later.

====

And yes, I threw in more generics for the monthly challenge. So far, no one's done it (though might be harder to handle because mine usually don't offer cross compatibility between each other). You have a ton of generics to play with though (and as I've mentioned earlier, if you want a list of the generics I've made or which ones in the thread are mine, ask). 

My sign-up form(if still open)

Weaknesses: Card artworks, trivial names.
Strengths: Effect consistency in archetypes, 
Trivia: Well, i'm fan of weird-looking card effects, so I can create many types of card/archetype etc.

My sign-up form(if still open)

Weaknesses: Card artworks, trivial names.
Strengths: Effect consistency in archetypes, 
Trivia: Well, i'm fan of weird-looking card effects, so I can create many types of card/archetype etc.

If you looked at the opening post, new members need to do the Deck challenges to get in here. Right now, the theme is design a Deck based on cards that I have made in this club. 

So yeah.

Hey Nyx, I noticed for Samurai Zombie Nation, the continuous spell doesn't actually work for the archetype since the monsters don't treat themselves as Zombies in the hand. Was that intentional?

EDIT: Woo! Only 20 more legacy support cards to go!

Hey, I had a thought.  I'd like to host a "Archetype Generator Meta Contest".  People sign up, and they are given a random archetype from the archetype game.  For round 1 they make 5 cards and for remaining rounds they add to it by 2s-3s (depending on how many people sign up).  Approved archetypes get added here and any participants are made into "prospective AGM members" for a month (alongside any other contest rewards).  They are considered official and can cement their place by making more archetypes/adding to the AGM pool.  However, if they don't do anything they can be removed when their prospective phase ends.

There needs to be some new blood in here.  I'm really the only one who does the challenges and I can say that asking prospective new members to jump in to a brand new pool of cards with no idea who did what to cement their place is a bit daunting.  Setting up this contest I feel will be a good way to let peeps in without such a high hurdle.  Thoughts?

Hey, I had a thought.  I'd like to host a "Archetype Generator Meta Contest".  People sign up, and they are given a random archetype from the archetype game.  For round 1 they make 5 cards and for remaining rounds they add to it by 2s-3s (depending on how many people sign up).  Approved archetypes get added here and any participants are made into "prospective AGM members" for a month (alongside any other contest rewards).  They are considered official and can cement their place by making more archetypes/adding to the AGM pool.  However, if they don't do anything they can be removed when their prospective phase ends.

There needs to be some new blood in here.  I'm really the only one who does the challenges and I can say that asking prospective new members to jump in to a brand new pool of cards with no idea who did what to cement their place is a bit daunting.  Setting up this contest I feel will be a good way to let peeps in without such a high hurdle.  Thoughts?

Honestly, I am somewhat iffy about the conditions of getting in here in the first place (which nowadays does boil down to someone making a Deck based on a certain member). For this month, I don't know if people dislike the stuff I have in AGM or me as a member/moderator, but yeah. 

I wouldn't mind you doing this; it'll at least make Contests less dead (no seriously, you guys see how active the place is lately). 

Actually, I've already asked Draconus about the deck challenge, and I'm supposed to be working on it, but like I said in the General Section, I tend to procrastinate. >.< Also, I've never been that good at yugioh to begin with and looking through ACM cards is a little overwhelming.

So... I think the "Archetype Generator Meta Contest" idea sounds really fun. I'd be up for it.

Honestly, I am somewhat iffy about the conditions of getting in here in the first place (which nowadays does boil down to someone making a Deck based on a certain member). For this month, I don't know if people dislike the stuff I have in AGM or me as a member/moderator, but yeah. 

I wouldn't mind you doing this; it'll at least make Contests less dead (no seriously, you guys see how active the place is lately). 

I like the cards you made, Sakura, and you're a pretty cool person from what I can tell. I think it's just nobody wants to go through the effort of building a deck.

Actually, I've already asked Draconus about the deck challenge, and I'm supposed to be working on it, but like I said in the General Section, I tend to procrastinate. >.

So... I think the "Archetype Generator Meta Contest" idea sounds really fun. I'd be up for it.

I like the cards you made, Sakura, and you're a pretty cool person from what I can tell. I think it's just nobody wants to go through the effort of building a deck.

Yeah, it's a pain building a Deck. To be fair, even I haven't built a Deck for my own stuff in here; except maybe Sunbeasts / ZPD / Psychic Dragons [then again, I test the former two on YGOPro against the AI, but that has coding issues]. 

Archived