Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

If there's nothing new to add, I don't update the list. If there is, I do. It's a pretty simple system.

Speaking of new things, though, we should probably bolster some of our more lacking lineups. Unfortunately, I can't think of any Sea Serpent archetypes that are relevant in the slightest (besides Mermails/Atlanteans, and that's a solid no because Shivergami is a thing), and the only Thunder archetype worth adding would be Batterymen. Beyond that . . . we could add Yang Zings to give us more Wyrms? Give Rekindling some more actual targets with Lavals? Add a bird archetype, any bird archetype, just so our only Winged Beast options aren't Narcissiren OTK and Wingkeeper (or CB Sapphire Pegasus, but that doesn't really count)? I don't know at this point. I'm just wondering if I should just pinpoint archetypes in the Game specifically to fill holes, regardless of the fun I'd have designing- after all, I want everything to go relatively smoothly if/when the AGM website becomes a thing.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should probably let members choose the Archetypes they want instead of you requesting that [x] be made to fill holes. If you want to do them yourself, then that's fine. 

Also, you're probably forgetting that Phoenix Guardians exist and are Winged Beast. Not necessarily great because they're just an engine thing right now, but they're around. If you really want to, Blackwings or RRs are up; I'd go for the former but we're already good on high Synchro spam.

OK well here is my original archetype. Sakura said to show one so here it is. It focuses on All the special summoning methods except link and pendulum.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365463-my-first-original-archetype-naming-needs-changed/

Also, Strengths: OCG creativity, strategies, and testing archetypes

Weaknesses: card art, and coding or photos hoping

Trivia: I love Black Luster Soldier line

OK well here is my original archetype. Sakura said to show one so here it is. It focuses on All the special summoning methods except link and pendulum.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365463-my-first-original-archetype-naming-needs-changed/

Also, Strengths: OCG creativity, strategies, and testing archetypes

Weaknesses: card art, and coding or photos hoping

Trivia: I love Black Luster Soldier line

As I've already mentioned above, Draco is currently not accepting new users; least those who don't do the Deck challenges or participate in the AGM contests, 

For Deck challenges, Draco provides a theme that you need to build a Deck on using stuff in our format. Last month (June's) one was structured around building a Deck with cards I have made (which a lot exists). This month is EARTH themed. 

If you're interested, view the OP and generic threads for EARTH monsters and build accordingly.

Either the monthly Deck build challenge (relatively easy, if you know how Decks work), or the monthly archetype build challenge (a safer bet, if you're a good cardmaker).

Also, I had a list of our EARTH archetypes, but I can't find them. For mine, I know off the top of my head- Wyvernite, Fungal Serpents, Vigilizard, Dandao, Sandragon, and Geargoyle.

All of the necessary links are in the opening post; you can find them easily.

My EARTH archetypes are Electric Field and Accelerator Satellite; make of those two as you will, since one of them is purely Archetypal and the other is a little more forgiving, but still has some limitations on what you can use with them.

I would like to know how to become a member so I can start working on these with you guys.

Draco (and I) already mentioned this several times.

• Do the Deck challenges and you'll be put up for consideration.
  • Place in the monthly AGM contests.

This is basically in place so we know that you're active and can produce good content, instead of just joining and not contributing much over a long period of time. 

====

As a reminder, Talim Rave hasn't shown herself for more than a year/half (either in here or Custom Cards in general).

I still need to make that Level 5 FIRE Synchro (though I did pull out a Level 9 WATER for them in the Synchro Game; whether or not I actually add it in this run or save it for Legacy stuff remains to be seen [along with the associated Tuner]).

After that, will be doing a Link project (but still adding generics and maybe Delta-Numerix for my own stuff).

I'd like to request Cold Enchanter, Ice Master, Snowdust Dragon, and Snowdust Giant to be added to the pool (in lieu of my generic Ice Counter support).

Speaking of new things, though, we should probably bolster some of our more lacking lineups. Unfortunately, I can't think of any Sea Serpent archetypes that are relevant in the slightest (besides Mermails/Atlanteans, and that's a solid no because Shivergami is a thing), and the only Thunder archetype worth adding would be Batterymen. Beyond that . . . we could add Yang Zings to give us more Wyrms? Give Rekindling some more actual targets with Lavals? Add a bird archetype, any bird archetype, just so our only Winged Beast options aren't Narcissiren OTK and Wingkeeper (or CB Sapphire Pegasus, but that doesn't really count)? I don't know at this point. I'm just wondering if I should just pinpoint archetypes in the Game specifically to fill holes, regardless of the fun I'd have designing- after all, I want everything to go relatively smoothly if/when the AGM website becomes a thing.

I was REALLY hoping that someone would take the "Zolt" prompt name and make it a Thunder archetype for me to play with, but no such luck.

Anyways, I'd be down with making an archetype using one of the less-used types, but it'd probably be outside a prompt.

Are we lacking any particular Attributes?

By the time I saw it, it was already taken.

Anyway, the Types we're missing hardest seem to be the ones I mentioned, plus Pyro and Fish. Psychic, Insect, and Beast are more vague, but they seem to be able to stand thus far.

Attributes . . . generic WIND support is sorta lacking, I guess. LIGHT and DARK are . . . well, LIGHT and DARK, FIRE has a pretty sweet support lineup, WATER has a lot of decent cards, and thanks to Fungal Serpents, all EARTH monsters with a 2900 stat total are searchable, and Sword Hunter support makes EARTH monsters with exactly 1700 ATK and/or DEF searchable. So . . .

If you want Psychics, I suppose either Gusto or Metalfoes can be added.

Insects have nothing of note except Inzektors; Digital Bugs are legit garbage and Crawlers are Link-based.

I think there are some Beast prompts, but either they're convoluted from certain users or aren't up to snuff.

Pyro may be hard to design for, since Konami decided to ditch half of their Types to promote other sheet. Think there are some Fish prompts in the Archetype game, but...go check.

====

Let's just see who ends up joining the AGM after this contest. Likely will be Octosquid.

(Might give the participants a rep for trying though, since I wrote the prompt for Arachne Pirates)

Hey, Draco. I'm looking at All-Splice now and... Did you mean for the FIRE and WATER ones to be able to jump levels so easily? The WATER one's conditions in particular are all the same, so you can straight jump from the LV1 all the way to the LV7 (and get all the added cards + the monsters' quick effects) just by having more LP. You can even [spoiler make a mini loop with the WATER]Summon out the LV1 and do anything to give yourself more LP. LV1 summons LV3 which searches Rapid Test and uses its quick effect to give you more life. LV3 summons LV5 which sets a Spell/Trap of your choice (probably Re-Splice or Barrier) and gives you more life. LV5 summons LV7 (probably not necessary). Activate the Rapid Test you searched and loop yourself back to LV1 who can level itself up...

It is concerning, but in reality, both loops don't appear to come to much. Just wanted to make sure that was your intent.

No, but I'm not sure how to both block that loop and allow you to use End Phase CotH shenanigans for a free higher-LV.

I can support the addition of Gusto, and I do respect Batterymen and Lavals enough to vote for them. I forget why Inzektors defined their format, so I'll hold off until Ice seen some Inzektor gameplay. So . . .

Archetypes for debate:
Gusto (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)
Cyber Dragon, bar Core and Infinity (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)
Batteryman (1/3 - Draconus)
Laval, bar Chain (1/3 - Draconus)

Archived