Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Well, yeah. Library is almost designed to be a staple in Spell-heavy Decks, with its balancing feature being that its searching and protection effects and "all Normal Spells become handtraps" ability applying to both players. The things that are unique to the player laying it down are mostly just kinda reactive (all Spells you use have their Spell Speed increased by 1, meaning that Quick-Play Spells basically become Counter Traps, and if your opponent kills it they banish-mill 5).

That said, a Spell that could Castel it would be pretty useful just as a counterpick against Library.

Also, I just realized how much Tribute removal we have.

●The Dark Rivals are basically difficult-to-kill Kaijus.

●The Enemies of Wysthae are a sub-archetype that's basically just Gameciel- they exist to die.

●Lava Golem is here in the AGM

●GameChild Volcano Prince Tributes the entire damned field if there's at least 1 GameChild on board, and he goes to the side that gave more Tributes

●Grand Sacred Emperor Veldaion Tributes 3 monsters on either side of the board, as long as at least 1 of them is the Rampaging Emperor.

Honestly, it's kinda ridiculous, and why I think "Disasterman" is important enough of a tech card that any archetype that runs FIRE, EARTH, or WIND will tech in at least 1 member of the other 2 Attributes to preemptively punch out stuff like that.

Also, post number Black Rose Dragon! Woo!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put a note that Nyx finally got around to posting our second group project (albeit he forgot to include material requirements); also nitpick that Judgment is supposed to be written in the US version (which he's using the European one, but meh). Go look over it in case something deviates from what you initially made in the PM.

Like I mentioned in that long post on a previous page, if AGM wants more recognition in CC, the quality of posting (both as a thread creator and reviewer) / self-checking needs to go up.

====

Speaking of which, I still need to update Hearts Riding with the final members, and do that Ghostrick review (which does have Links). After that, I think I may take a break from AGM stuff to do VRAINS things (a couple of the Archetype game prompts are Link-based, so...) or some other stuff; idk.

I'll put a note that Nyx finally got around to posting our second group project (albeit he forgot to include material requirements); also nitpick that Judgment is supposed to be written in the US version (which he's using the European one, but meh). Go look over it in case something deviates from what you initially made in the PM.

Like I mentioned in that long post on a previous page, if AGM wants more recognition in CC, the quality of posting (both as a thread creator and reviewer) / self-checking needs to go up.

====

Speaking of which, I still need to update Hearts Riding with the final members, and do that Ghostrick review (which does have Links). After that, I think I may take a break from AGM stuff to do VRAINS things (a couple of the Archetype game prompts are Link-based, so...) or some other stuff; idk.

I just worked with what you gave me. And yes, I have looked it over. Numerous times when generating these. Some changes were made, such as some of your submissions, as their text came off as OCG or original Japanese release text. And even changing some from saying "Spell" to "Normal Spell Card" in the text below the generated card.

You know full well that I use hybrid PSCT (and different templating styles than Draco), but that's a different matter altogether. [That much is fine].

The comment was referring to Draco and whomever else contributed stuff; check that something wasn't done improperly. I don't remember what Draco and whoever else contributed individually, so it's up to them to final check. That wasn't solely referring to the stuff I made (at least you got the accented letters properly with the workarounds; also another reason why I use hybrid now, because it's a lot easier to write "this card's name" as opposed to the full one, especially when cards have accented letters).

But then again, Draco left you in charge of deciding the next prompt, so...pick one.

You know full well that I use hybrid PSCT (and different templating styles than Draco), but that's a different matter altogether. [That much is fine].

The comment was referring to Draco and whomever else contributed stuff; check that something wasn't done improperly. I don't remember what Draco and whoever else contributed individually, so it's up to them to final check. That wasn't solely referring to the stuff I made (at least you got the accented letters properly with the workarounds; also another reason why I use hybrid now, because it's a lot easier to write "this card's name" as opposed to the full one, especially when cards have accented letters).

But then again, Draco left you in charge of deciding the next prompt, so...pick one.

Don't worry. Yours weren't the only cards. I was just giving an example.

And referring to Draconus297, there is one thing I want to bring up. As far as I remember, monsters don't refer to themselves as monsters. They refer yo themselves as cards.

Also, how frequent are these group projects? The last one was almost a year ago.

Well, it sort of depends on our overall activity. Only half of us are really here on a constant basis; rest either don't post (points at Talim Rave/whatever her name is) or have some activity issues. Would be nice if they could be done more often, but reasons for it not being so:

• Small club base; unless members do the new AGM challenges and/or pass the contest, yeah.
  • Overall activity: I haven't seen ChampionZero post in here for a while but he exists in RPs, and really the rest could be said for Garland, Tojin and Talim (why is she still in here again?)
  • Offline stuff: (Probably point to the above; either members like Champion are too busy with RPing and the like, or coursework and stuff comes into play. You guys know I'm still in college; I would say that I work part-time, but it's easy stuff so...)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been super active here lately, Exams were closely followed by getting my wisdom teeth out, and now I'm doing a landscaping job. But I am making my efforts! I'm back to working on my archetype.

EDIT: Not actually sure which one I was doing. Hol' up.

EDIT 2: It was Archaevil. RESUME! RESUME!

Actually, monsters can and do refer to themselves as monsters if they have an effect that could be abused in non-monster ways (ie, a Union with a floating effect, or a Pendulum card). I generally do it to future-proof.

EDIT: Forgot to bring these up when I made them, but here's the "Incredibly Disturbing" series's first three members!

Incredibly Disturbing Wasp

WIND - Level 2 - Insect/Effect - 1400/0

If a card or effect would add a card(s) to a player's hand (including as cost), you can discard this card to negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this effect is negated, or it failed to destroy the card whose effect it negated: You can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Incredibly Disturbing Ghost

DARK - Level 2 - Zombie/Effect - 1400/0

If a card or effect would remove a card(s) from the Graveyard (including as cost), you can discard this card to negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this effect is negated, or it failed to destroy the card whose effect it negated: You can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Incredibly Disturbing Child

EARTH - Level 2 - Psychic/Effect - 1400/0

If a card or effect would send a card(s) from either player's Deck to the Graveyard (including as cost), you can discard this card to negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this effect is negated, or it failed to destroy the card whose effect it negated: You can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Outside of needing the Level 5 Synchro and beefing up the backrow, I'm almost done with Hearts Riding. I did have to break from the prompt in certain cases, but part of it was due to what I had in mind when I made the name, and how to make it functional for the meta as a whole; not just within AGM alone. [Previous one probably could've been done better, since Attribute-themed combat isn't exactly a good idea; even with the other safeguards. Then again, it prompted some guys to question what Konami should've done with AoJ). 

So far, none of the Synchros need a Spellcaster Tuner; the 5 might have that. (Or I consider making a WATER/DARK Tuner that's Level 5; probably can be a "senior rider" compared to the other four who can be classed as juniors).

====

As for the new generic stuff I added, there is one card in spoilers (which has a Numerix value above the current 109 cap that TInkerer set with his). If that proves to be an issue, then just remove the Numerix value.

Actually, the more I think about it, the Numerix support for unique numerical members refers to "Numerix-10" monsters, which (unless we somehow get all the way to 1000, which I doubt) leaves the Imperial Numerix in their own kind of category. I'm actually surprised that I had that level of foresight.

Also, offhand, I think I've made support cards for archetypes made by every major AGM member- I made Clayborne support (Tinkerer), YCM Heavenly support (Sakura), epic boatloads of Shivergami support (Nyx), Zord support (Dova), Brimstone support (EG), Funereal Flower support (Tojin), Nightmare Engine support (Champion) . . . and, with a few exceptions, there's at least 2 cards per support category. I do believe that Tinkerer has hit more archetypes with his support, but it looks like I've actually created more cards.

Also, Sakura, Nyx, what ever happened to your support threads?

Actually, the more I think about it, the Numerix support for unique numerical members refers to "Numerix-10" monsters, which (unless we somehow get all the way to 1000, which I doubt) leaves the Imperial Numerix in their own kind of category. I'm actually surprised that I had that level of foresight.

Also, offhand, I think I've made support cards for archetypes made by every major AGM member- I made Clayborne support (Tinkerer), YCM Heavenly support (Sakura), epic boatloads of Shivergami support (Nyx), Zord support (Dova), Brimstone support (EG), Funereal Flower support (Tojin), Nightmare Engine support (Champion) . . . and, with a few exceptions, there's at least 2 cards per support category. I do believe that Tinkerer has hit more archetypes with his support, but it looks like I've actually created more cards.

Glancing through 'em, I'm pretty sure you did.  I noticed that you did BB Platoon, and Mechasauras also.  I'll check 'em out later; I haven't thrown in my thoughts in your thread itself, have I?  Anyways, I'm pretty close to being done my legacy support thread, so I can focus on some other things like finishing Lightkin and helping out around CC.

Now that Sakura brought up the archetype in my Legacy thread, what's everyone's feelings on Cipher? I mean, we could make them pretty decent with no issue.

Shiranui (2/3 - Draconus, Dova); CyDra, bar Infinity and Core (1/3 - Sakura); Cipher (1/3 - Draconus)

Also also also- Tinkerer, thanks for the review, and I did add the recommended HOPTs, but I honestly wanted to hear your opinions on some of the outside support for archetypes/series you've expressed a liking for- notably, the relatively new Chemistry Dinosaur stuff I made . . . and I just realized that we don't have the new Water Dragon/Bonding support (or even OG Water Dragon), but I'm wondering whether it's worth it in the slightest.

I noted Cipher Blade because of the new support Spell, but yeah, nothing wrong with them. At best, they're just Galaxy/Photon for ARC-V. I'm fine with adding them. Will need to look at Shiranuis before I give a final call. 

As for supports, I didn't say that I'd actually do one, but might consider it. (I did make a legacy card for Buster Blader in the form of a reformed Buster Dragon, but the rest is iffy.) You can blame my offline life, mod duties and me wanting to make my own stuff for why said thread hasn't come out; including back legacy stuff for previous things I made. (Then again, it's a lot of sets that would need going into, and only gets bigger with new stuff that we make.)

====

Then again, I have a few cards left to add to HRC (though it's generally functional by now); then I have other things I want to do; including doing a VRAINS archetype outside this club. (I have to be able to design for both formats; especially since the last theme was to design a Link Monster).

====

[spoiler=Some other news]

If you guys didn't see the rule updates for Advanced, yeah, they were modified; however, it just boils down to what the required design notes have to be:

- Less telling of obvious stuff and more of "how is this supposed to work competitively within the specified format, and/or flavor notes that aren't common knowledge if it's important for understanding"; also permits you to keep them in spoiler tags (though I never forbade their usage).

- Also don't blatantly c/p the prompt from the game without writing how you went about doing it; or paraphrasing it to say the above. 

Most of us already write out stuff in Advanced and/or write own thoughts beyond just the prompt in Advanced, so should be "business as usual".

I also warned you guys about this while we were doing Moyufutsusa (via PM); changes would be coming to the section.

I mean, as CC mod, you probably have a good idea of where gaps exist in an archetype, and you can help plug those gaps- Tinkerer and I might be reading through tons of archetypes, but even together there are things we may miss.

Also, at this rate, I'm all but ready to just steal the code from whatever the most recent Tag Force game is, and make that browser- and mobile-compatible so that our hypothetical AGMyugioh.net will just be out. I had wanted to contact Konami to get official permission for a site, but they've proven asinine to reach.

That would be cool if we got a Tag Force thing, but yeah, Konami's a pain to reach. Last time they said anything to us about anything was when contacted about fan submissions for cards, which they don't accept. (So...explain why the hell are all of the fan cards made by some little kid in Japan? Last time TCG users got to do anything was in 2007.)

[Konami, why did you not bother to release TF3 to the USA and TF6 / Evolutions to the west? Latter is the most recent for time being.]

Otherwise, we're going to be forced to use Duel Portal (which still has its issues, and some other restrictions on images/stuff, unless you want NAS to be absurd with their copyright claims and all). From what I'm reading on the DP Discord, apparently their C/D claim hit everything that has to do with Yugioh, including the card backing, Attributes and some other stuff. Cannot confirm this because I can't read moonrunes (well, most of us cannot) and differences between copyright laws in the United States / western countries and Japan.

I finally realized which archetype benefits from HRC's Synchros (at least the ones that only require the Beast non-Tuners): Darkhorse. They're basically DARK Beast-Type Blackwings!

Shiranui (2/3 - Draconus, Dova)

Cipher (1/3 - Draconus)

CyDra, bar Infinity and Core (1/3 - Sakura)

Anyone else have two cents to add in? Archetypes or cards they didn't realize we were missing, or who could be some real help (for example, my realization that the AGM didn't have much of an accessible Thunder lineup, so I put in for Hunders)?

For what it's worth, Sunbeast probably could tech Effect Veiler or some Level 2 Tuner or something to make Sacred Flyer / the Level 6, even though they aren't ED designed. Also cross compatibility with my other Archetype, which Sacred Flyer is a member of. (See hint #33 from this year's Easter egg event)

====

Right, and I already gave approval for Ciphers, so one more person needs to vote them in.

I tried organizing AGM card data into something nice ^.^
It's far from done, only the generic monsters are up. Sneak peek:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B70vJw6mOCzEbHQ2dnFKd0k4eWc?usp=sharing

Don't worry, I didn't type all this. I used my mad programming skillz to write a program to read written cards. :D
But it only works on Draconus's format D:

Edit: In retrospect, I probably should've waited until the contest was over to reveal this. I wasn't trying to get a reward out of anyone for this, I was just really excited that I finally debugged (mostly) my program and got data into the spreadsheet. I'm glad you guys like it though. All Generic monsters and Numerix have been added.

If any of you guys want to edit the sheets/folder, just pm me a google account.

That is extremely neat, Octo. Also, going straight for Wyvernite? Niiiiice.

Eventually, after doing archetype filing, we can do sorting by Type/Attribute/creator/statline/etc, to really address gaps in AGM support lineups.

But yeah, unfortunately if I bent the rules for you, I'd look like a hypocrite.

@Octo: Ooh, looks good. Me likey!

@Draco: I'm actually really proud of my Jurassic Dragon support card. Do you think you can guess what GX-era cards Swooping Claw is based on?

[spoiler Swooping Claw]

Jurassic Dragon - Swooping Claw

DARK 10*

Dragon/Effect

You can only Special Summon this card from your hand by shuffling all "Jurassic Dragon" cards from your GY into the Deck. This card gains 700 ATK for each "Jurassic Dragon" monster in your GY. During the battle phase, you can discard 1 card; look at your opponent's hand and choose 1 monster card in it. If this card's ATK is higher than that monster's, destroy it and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. When this card declares an attack, you can send 1 "Jurassic Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck to the GY. Banish this card if it leaves the field.

?/?

It's essentially Exodius mixed with some version of Aqua Dolphin's effect (likely the Marine Neos version). However, it has DMoC's limitation, to help balance it out a bit. Also, If like to point out that its Summoning condition looks super-pre-PSCT, and it would probably be best if you changed that. After all, GX cards have gotten text updates before.

Just Exodius and Dolphin. Exodius banishes itself as well (I assume to stop infinite deck loop). I slapped on the summon condition right at the end though, so I should fix that.

Anyways, I'd approve Cipher and would like to request adding the Charmer and Familiar series.

Archived