Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Unless you get Tojin or Garland in here, it's going to be a while.

Support

• Sakura
  • Tinkerer

Objection

• Dova
  • ChampionZero

Don't care

• Draconus
  • Nyx

[spoiler=A bit of observation]

The members who've been here the longest forum-wise voted to add the new stuff [2009/2010], neutrals are in the middle [2014] and the objections are from the newest of the bunch [2015/2016]. This does not, by any means, imply that the time period you joined references your opinion on the matter.

While it's understandable that some of us don't like them or what Konami did, they're here now and there's a limit to how long we can keep avoiding them. We're filtering out Links because of the mechanic, but the Type itself isn't causing issues. That being said, it will offer more options for AGM prompts (or we can actually do any that specifically use Cyberse).

====

At this point in time, I don't think Konami / NAS has any intention of promoting Wyrms or other underdeveloped Types and instead will focus on their other stuff. Suppose the legacy support for those Types have to come from us.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, we already weren't. Our Fish are confined to Space Mermaids and Spellbound Shark, we don't have a competent Sea Serpent Deck we could build (although Spellbound Leviathan is absurdly good), and we're not really being any nicer to Thunder than Konami is.

That said, Cyberse being a thing means I'm going back to the Spellbound/Mellaxis thread.

To be fair, we already weren't. Our Fish are confined to Space Mermaids and Spellbound Shark, we don't have a competent Sea Serpent Deck we could build (although Spellbound Leviathan is absurdly good), and we're not really being any nicer to Thunder than Konami is.

That said, Cyberse being a thing means I'm going back to the Spellbound/Mellaxis thread.

Oh! Do we have these cards:

Salvage

Rekindling

Recurring Nightmare

Magic Planter

And if not, can we add them in?

Magic Planter, yes.

Recurring Nightmare is basically "have a 2-mat Rank 4 for free" in Sorcery Hydras.

EDIT: Also, the highest base ATK of God-King Mellaxis (given that he adjusts his original stats on-Summon, and that can't be negated) using only Spellbound monsters is now 9300.

Planter's probably fine, unless someone in here made an Archetype of Continuous Traps that can abuse being removed. I'll abstain on Recurring; I would approve it, but since you guys are pointing out possible abuse in some of our stuff, won't be a good idea.

As for next project, I'm technically doing Hearts Riding Club, but since I can't find the original prompt (think it was something to do with Dragunity-style play), I may deviate a bit from what it actually says. Then again, I had that sort of thing in mind originally anyway. After that is probably Windy (or legacy Majespecter support).

EDIT: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/page-73?p=6989049&do=findComment&comment=6989049

(I'm probably going to deviate slightly with the material requirements and stuff)

====

But yeah, Fish, Sea Serpent and Thunder do need boosts as far as AGM prompts go. (Speaking of which, someone needs to respond to the recent one; think that was Draco). 

Right now, that would amount to the stuff in this list: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Cyberse-Type_monsters

(Just subtract any of the Link Monsters)

Also, Cynet Backdoor for general support [the other one is Decode Talker and co. support, so that's out]. 

====

Just a note for everyone that we don't have to design Cyberse archetypes even though they're in here. Still personal choice on what you choose to do. Thus far, I do not believe anyone has made a Cyberse archetype, least not one that isn't Link related.

====

Right, and Konami really shafted Thunder in terms of Xyz members. Only one that exists is literally Chidori.

You got the list of non-Link Cyberse stuff, Draco? Basically whatever's in that list, minus the Link Monsters. 

====

I would say that DP is up again and if we ever wanted to test run the stuff in here against each other, we could. However, given the amount of cards we have in here, doing a banlist will be a legitimate nightmare; even more so than what happened the last time DP had a format. Oh hell, I didn't even finish the banlist when the pool was much smaller. 

Topologic is a Link Monster, so exclude that from the list. Everything else is just general (Cyberse) support:

Linkslayer's basically another CyDra expy that kills S/Ts with discards.

Draconnet just summons another monster (ideally for Link 2s, but for our purposes; Level 5 or lower Synchros and/or Fusion bait)

RAM Cloudia is just Graveyard retrieval and floating

Backdoor just searches stuff, lets banished monster return to direct attack that turn.

#2 and 4 are better geared for the VRAINS era than they are with our format, but they can still work.

Traded Topologic for Cyberse Wizard, Dual Assembloom (who I mistook Bomber for being), and Bitron (a Level 1 Normal monster, who can take advantage of Cyberse support and Party Lord.dek).

Just to remind everyone what Party Lord is, it's a Level 1 Nomi monster that must be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 3 face-up Level 1 Normal monsters (and no other ways, unless you run its really awkward Normal Spell or Gachadokuro for whatever reason), it's unaffected by card effects, it's Graveyard negation, Skill Drain, Imperial Order, and Royal Decree on legs, and its stats are the combined stats of all Level 1 Normal monsters in the Graveyard. Thankfully, though, there is literally no in-AGM way to revive it if it enters the Graveyard.

Only Cyberse monsters I can really offer right now (well not counting some of the stuff a random kid made on my Wikia, I only have 5; some of which don't even go well in here)

Screenbreaker_ENE.jpgCybernetic_Blaster.jpg

Note that I made Blaster during the prereleases, so...before Cynet Backdoor.

Cyberse Dragon (from Synchro game)

Level 8 - LIGHT - Cyberse/Synchro/Effect

2700/2100
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Cyverse-Type monsters
You can activate each of this card's effects once per turn. (1) You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard. (2) During either player's turn, if a monster would be Summoned: You can negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster. You must control another Cyberse-Type monster to activate and resolve this effect.

====

I guess this can start off the Cyberse inclusions to the generic pool, but yeah, likely they'll get their own later.

Archived