~ The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2015 ~

Shini the Scaremeister

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not mandatory for a monster to participate in monster duels.  However, monsters are encouraged to take part - both for the spirit of participation and because that's what is necessary to keep the event going.

Including me, up to 10 monsters will be accepted as monster duelists.

416c6c204861696c2c204f757220517565656e2052657475726e73 

String Decryption :

All Hail, Our Queen Returns 

I'm srry for breaking the chain of loving "It's okay, we love you" messages, but your 'monsters' have been lacking in activity quite recently. Maybe they are all taking a break from their persona's or YCM in general, but if I understand, the point of having that post count is

A) So people know you better

B) So we can assure you are active during the event

I don't know if it's just me, but the event loses some of it's essence if we don't have a lot of active monsters. And it isn't just now, quite a few of the monsters have had such a little amount of activity. It's been almost a week since the event started, almost 1/3 of the event over, and I have such little to go off of, as of now. I would say more, but I'd be a broken record.

Two of them have legitimate excuses for not being around lately; as for the others, I will assume that they have exams or other matters to attend to.

Yeah, the event's been rather "mild" as of late, but I will assume there are reasons for the lower activity.

The point of the 500 post min, is indeed to make sure people know who the hell you are, though even that isn't guaranteed to make it easy to distinguish one monster from another.

I must ask whether it is allowed for a monster account and their normal YCM counterparts to be on at the same time.

Because as tedious as it is, process of elimination is gonna be what I'm falling on.

You can't log into two accounts on the same browser, BUT you can use another browser to log into your monster account and vice versa.

Or just use private browsing.

You can't log into two accounts on the same browser, BUT you can use another browser to log into your monster account and vice versa.

Or just use private browsing.

Would it perhaps, lessen the need for such deceptive measures, if the monstrous beings could log on, without revealing their presence? It seems a little pretentious to expect monsters to play fair does it not and furthering the difficulty in demasking the monster would breath some much needed life into this event.

You technically are allowed to go incognito, though some members (including one of my colleagues) complained about it due to hiding your location and all + making it difficult for members. Then again, I don't know if people made the same complaint last year involving invisibility; doesn't seem to resonate at this moment.

Flavor-wise, taking from monster movies, you don't know where the monsters are and ghosts certainly won't telegraph their locations until it's too late.

For the most part, don't use the incognito mode, but just try to mask your usual quirks in human form or something.

iU8EggM.png

A mid-event progress report though; current record for monsters found is 11 (out of 27).

You technically are allowed to go incognito, though some members (including one of my colleagues) complained about it due to hiding your location and all + making it difficult for members. Then again, I don't know if people made the same complaint last year involving invisibility; doesn't seem to resonate at this moment.

Flavor-wise, taking from monster movies, you don't know where the monsters are and ghosts certainly won't telegraph their locations until it's too late.

For the most part, don't use the incognito mode, but just try to mask your usual quirks in human form or something.

iU8EggM.png

A mid-event progress report though; current record for monsters found is 11 (out of 27).

We are Curious, has anyone dechiphered our human identity?

7cd897e46f6cf855309a7978d2984824b2819d34

I've been keeping track of my progress. Even though I didn't directly screenshot everything, I can recall every duel win/loss I have taken with my full honesty~ I'm sure my students can provide trustworthy testimonies as to if they've won or lost against me as well. I think they already were trained assassination arts before me...

Too tired tho put in enough complex thought to win a duel today, but i plan on hunting down a few more monster duelists tomorrow. I need that candy.

7cd897e46f6cf855309a7978d2984824b2819d34

I've been keeping track of my progress. Even though I didn't directly screenshot everything, I can recall every duel win/loss I have taken with my full honesty~ I'm sure my students can provide trustworthy testimonies as to if they've won or lost against me as well. I think they already were trained assassination arts before me...

I've been watching for a while, but your papers never seem to decrease. Exactly how much homework do you give your students?

Archived