~ The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2015 ~

Shini the Scaremeister

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) Participants list in OP pls

2.) When do Monster Duels start?

1. It's been done.

At present, it should be updated with all names.

A side note that Kate did not update the preliminary screenshot of your identities she sent all of us at the beginning of the month, so if you didn't get the joint PM, then she didn't update the picture. If any more names appear on that list after the initial batch, it's the ones that signed up but were not added initially.

2. I am not really sure on this one; Kate was supposed to do this, but due to RL complications, I end up having to get things dealt with.

You get 3 guesses per day until the end of the event.

In your case with the list, just change your guesses and let me know what you changed them to.

Also use the same PM, so my inbox doesn't get flooded.

----

Monster duelist list should be updated at this time.

If you guys want to start dueling, go ahead.

How I tire of these late appearances.  It's the least my servants could do to revive me on time.  I must deal with them later...ah well, better late than never I suppose.  

I see I have some competition this cycle.  It matters not.  So long as darkness takes this land without a Belmont to save it, I care not who rules its dominion.  Though I indubitably would enjoy it being myself...

Well, if Lunar had relied your revival orders to us on time, you may have had more time to be around.

But she had standard issues, so not much I can do about it.

Anyway, if you all wish to commence your duels, feel free to get going.

However, do note that the burden lies on you to keep tabs on who've you defeated and who you were defeated in turn by.

(If Lunar comes back, I'll let her handle the dueling portion)

Alright everyone, a little bit of PSA.

To keep the event going smoothly...

Please do not guess the identities of the monsters in public, and do not tell others about the identity of a monster in public no matter how obvious it is.

Depending on circumstances, this could result in censorship or warns, so please heed this rule~

For this event's sake, let's keep our sportsmanship conduct regarding this~!

If you think you know the identity of a monster, then PM me to confirm if you have gotten it or not.

Remember, I have the checklist of all active monsters (well, the other mods have a primitive list of such, up to whatever Kate put on the list as of Oct 1st).

But yeah, don't brag their IDs in public.

Hey, mods, bit of a heads-up: I didn't know about this until just now, but I'm going to be moving to a place that will be without Internet for a while, so please don't count my absence from this account or my monster account towards what's required for a ban from future Halloween Events. Thanks in advance if you understand.

Here's the thing though; if they didn't run the monster ID with Lunar initially [before 10/19/2015], then I will not treat them as monsters (won't be on the list, and they don't count for your total).

But I can update Ah Puch's name on list.

Another reminder that I won't be allowing late monsters in the event, as we already have 27 of you running around; and right now, more than half of you haven't been guessed correctly yet (based on my PM logs from those of you guessing).

---

As for the monster duelists, some notes.

• The responsibility to keep track of your matches lies on the individual monsters. Make sure you keep tabs on who you defeated, and who you were defeated by subsequently.
  • You all should make challenge threads in Miscellaneous and state your field conditions/other things. (Don't divulge your Deck contents though; that's for members to find out when they fight you)
    • A reminder that your Decks should be Halloween themed, but how you design things is up to you.
  • However you decide to relay your results is totally your choice. You can opt to give a daily status report or weekly, if you'd rather not PM every time you win/lose a fight.

---

Then again, someone wanted a raffle for member groups; there should be one coming up in a few days or something.

I think I made a note about permanent membergroup status and some other stuff as a prize.

Lunar said that she might add in a DN membership if finances permit or something, but don't think that will occur now (given how things have turned out).

Also some form of award logo like last year; probably have the template from last year.

----

But as a sidenote about the event, current record for monsters found is 10.

So... aren't The Major and Tails Doll just alts..? Which... are against the rules..?

Yes, they are indeed alts, going by the book.

Although I could let you all who missed the cut off play as your intended monster, but just that you won't count towards the list + won't have the member group.

However, that would equate to being another account of sorts.

Am curious on how many monsters I need to guess for the award logo. I want to at least enough for that.

If you get at least half (which is about 13-14).

Well...nothing in the rules says that you cannot, so yeah you can fight another monster if you're inclined to.

Same rules apply though.

Though a ruling that I need to mention is the monster that accepts the challenge on their home territory (that thread that you all should've made to accept challenges) is the one who takes the field advantages.

You'll still be permitted to fight with your boss deck though.

Just a notice that I won't be able to be on until Monday evening as I'll be away on a residential.

Alright then

Everyone give a stupid amount of thanks to Sakura.

I'm going to admit that I kind of broke down because of sheer stress and I couldn't handle my obligation to take this on and deal with it alone.  The whole thing was forced on Sakura when he didn't need it.  He's been awesome from what I hear, so yeah!  Give him your thanks, because without him your Hallow's Eve would've started a good bit later than it should have.

Now, as for me?

I really can't apologize enough to everyone for screwing everything up.  

Archived