[Tournament] Spooky Halloween Bash

Nathanael D. Striker

Hello my creatures of the night. Welcome to the Spooky Halloween Bash: the first major DP tournament in months. Come with your fellow monsters and be prepared to frighten others and be frightened. Below you will learn how you too can scare your fellow duelist this Halloween.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All YCM and DP rules apply.
2. The rounds shall be match format (best two out of three).
3. In order to successfully register, the following must happen:
i. Post your YCM and DP usernames in the thread by the deadline.
ii. Decklists must be PMed to me by the deadline.
iii. Decklists can only include cards submitted to the tournament cardpool and all Konami cards following the custom DP banlist below.
4. Deadline for registering and submitting decklists is October 31st, 2015 at 11:59am PDT [GMT -7:00]; tournament will begin on November 1st.
5. This will be a round robin tournament ran through Challonge.
6. Participants can finish their matches in any order in a reasonable manner.
7. If any disagreements arise, it is the responsibility of both you and the opponent to settle them in a civil manner. If all else fails, PM either me or Giga.
8. Remember to post your match results. It doesn't matter who does it; just make sure your results are recorded so it can be properly marked.
9. Don't cheat (i.e. draw more cards than you're allowed to, multiple draw, change the effect of your cards, etc). Please report any occurrence of this to me or Giga.
10. Changing your decklist during the tournament, and changing the effect of the cards used are forbidden. If anyone is caught doing this, they will immediately be disqualified (unless it's an accident and both of the participants of the duel agreed to let that pass).

[spoiler=Card Pool]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMG_nH6IOSADGDBX6anNGhnjL8tGVf06A62cDDX9X3s/edit

[spoiler=Banlist]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VKu3QItSztSJA0VBG6kdh_QyE_gILoXJMgesm1rD7PQ/mobilebasic

[spoiler=Bracket]
dpspookybash.png

[spoiler=Prizes]
1st: 6,000 points, 3 Reps (Possibly a member group for a month)
2nd: 4,000 points, 2 Reps
3rd: 2,000 points, 1 Rep

Striker, me and Drew have decided that October 25 would be an unrealistic starting date considering the pool has not been finalized yet, players havent yet created optimal side decks, and the time is simply too short for us to review the decklists.

I therefore humbly beg of you to extend the deadline to October 31, and that the tourney should ideally start on November 1st.

Striker, me and Drew have decided that October 25 would be an unrealistic starting date considering the pool has not been finalized yet, players havent yet created optimal side decks, and the time is simply too short for us to review the decklists.

I therefore humbly beg of you to extend the deadline to October 31, and that the tourney should ideally start on November 1st.

Submission deadline is... now. If it isn't in yet, it is too late. Drew is currently compiling the pool.

Cardpool and Banlist will be updated ASAP, and decklists and entries must be in by the 12:01 on the 31st, Pacific Standard Time, so that Striker can properly create the bracket for the tournament to begin on the 1st of November.

Sorry to everyone for these delays, the last few days have been hectic, but I am excited to get this underway on the new dates listed above.

How do i submit ?

If it isn't in yet, it is too late.

Current pool and banlist will be available soon, but it is too late for you to submit cards for this tourney. If you would like to submit cards for the next one, there is another thread in this section that explains how to do so (banlist and pooling thread)

Current pool and banlist will be available soon, but it is too late for you to submit cards for this tourney. If you would like to submit cards for the next one, there is another thread in this section that explains how to do so (banlist and pooling thread)

Means i cannot take part in this tourney or i cant use my own cards ?

You can't use your own cards due to you being past the time limit, but you can still play in this tournament (assuming you are perfectly fine with using other people's content). There should be enough stuff for you to use.

(Though as Giga noted already, VCR is finalizing the pool of cards, so build your Deck from that if you still want to play in light of this.)

Figured as much. Deadline extended. Next time, don't edit the thread when I'm sleeping please. I can't respond. XD

Archived