Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probs do it when I get the chance at some point.

Its worth it. You can watch them get to the hall of fame in like 30 minutes or catch all 151 pokemon in little under 2 hours.

...Flame Dragon never played the GB games?

I'm was just looking at my Red cart. Sadly, Gold cart has gone MIA. I've been with the franchise since 98'.

... I wonder if they'll somehow make it so that the Pokemon you catch in the Virtual Console R/B/Y can be transferred over to the Gen 6 games.  (Probably not; this is more-or-less wishful thinking.)

I've seen people ask that. My guess is no since the VC games won't be able to connect to the Pokebank. Not to mention various issues with the data on the Gen 1 pokemon when moving into Gen 6. Its a nice dream though.

It's the single greatest announcement in the entire direct.

Then after that, maybe the Mega Man amiibo.

Then the 5 seconds of Zelda Wii U footage.

This was honestly the most hype thing for me. Its like

Next Pokemon game on 3DS

*YES!!!!*

eshop

*NO!!!!!!!!*

it won't be what your expecting

*meh*

plays Gen 1 intro

*MANLY TEARS!!!!*

Fly is likely better than Sky Attack. They both take two turns, but being more or less immune to damage for a turn makes it preferable. Though if you can get Drill Peck that is strictly better. 80x2 damage over two turns vs 140 over two turns.

I remember needing a lot of help to beat Red my first play through. Also remember using Missingno too. One of the things I'm looking forward to is a legit run.

Actually, I had a Zapdos that had Drill Peck, Thunderbolt, Thunder and Sky Attack.

Also, if this is any indication, maybe the original Gen 2 games will appear, and maybe Pokemon Stadium for Wii U.

Also, I'm gonna have to get two new memory cards, since I plan to have all three games in one.

I think I was aware of the get to the hall of fame in 30 minutes one, something to do with walking through walls iirc.

Yep. You need to set the PP on Bulbasaur and you trick it out when walking past the guy that takes you to Brock. Its pretty amazing.

Actually, I had a Zapdos that had Drill Peck, Thunderbolt, Thunder and Sky Attack.

Also, if this is any indication, maybe the original Gen 2 games will appear, and maybe Pokemon Stadium for Wii U.

Also, I'm gonna have to get two new memory cards, since I plan to have all three games in one.

Yea, no need to have the same type of move on a pokemon. One of each is all you need. And Thunder is very bad. Though I suppose you don't have a ton of options in Gen 1.

I mean, it could. This is happening because of the 20th anniversary. If we get Gen 2 it won't be for a while and Stadium is unlikely.

I was actually really hoping that would allow you to store the Pokemon on POkemon Bank. Obviously make it so it cantvreturn once its been put on there, but it would be nice to get some moves on Pokemon that don't have access to them in later generations

orite that reminds me

blizzard op returns

really hoping every single glitches persist. Can't wait to rediscover them again.

And Psychic's general OPness.

I'm half tempted to have my first bit of playing being me trying the walk through walls glitch. Curious if stuff like "saving after using the PC" will also carry over.

I was actually really hoping that would allow you to store the Pokemon on POkemon Bank. Obviously make it so it cantvreturn once its been put on there, but it would be nice to get some moves on Pokemon that don't have access to them in later generations

It would be really cool, but I see some issues coming up from that.

Curious any note worthy moves on that list?

Yeah, like Kabout and Kabutops' Hydro Pump.

I think a lot of moves are going to end up like this honestly. Cool, but totally pointless since they don't line up with the pokemon (Kabutops has no special to speak of) or are just bad moves.

really hoping every single glitches persist. Can't wait to rediscover them again.

I wonder if like, you could corrupt the game via doing some of the glitches.

Would be kinda' funny if you could.

And Psychic's general OPness.

Catch a Drowzee early on -> Teach it Psychic as a Hypno/etc -> Proceed to easily sweep the game

Archived