Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

Taking on the role of Red are you? Did their genders match too? xD

That's right!  Gen 1 didn't have genders, did it?

What I'd find hilarious though is if a gen 5/6er plays this... and their reaction when they find out that shiny pokemon don't exist XD.

Oh, and their reaction to this

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know... You totally can get all 3 Starters via the Old Man/MissingNo glitch.

3rd/5th/7th slot of player name = Pokemon

Z = Spr_1b_001.png

q = Spr_1b_004.png

r = Spr_1b_007.png

Yes, it's case sensative.

'Course, they would all be above Level 100, but you could just give them Rare Candies until they hit Level 255 then give them one more so they revert back to Level 1.

Provided, you don't mind hitting B that many times to stop all forms of evolution/etc. Unless you don't mind having Level 1 Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard.

I hate to burst your guys bubble, but Gen 1's EV/IV system works alot differently.

A pokemon cannot have 31IV's, they may have 15DV's in any one stat, but they cannot have 15 across the board.

A pokemon can have 252EV in EVERY stat.

Special stat isn't split, making Mewtwo even more OP. G1 'mons in G2 can have an inherent advantage from high special because their stats do not change, even more apparent when they are at Lv100.

I hate to burst your guys bubble, but Gen 1's EV/IV system works alot differently.

A pokemon cannot have 31IV's, they may have 15DV's in any one stat, but they cannot have 15 across the board.

A pokemon can have 252EV in EVERY stat.

Special stat isn't split, making Mewtwo even more OP. G1 'mons in G2 can have an inherent advantage from high special because their stats do not change, even more apparent when they are at Lv100.

I knew the IV system was different. I didn't know the EV system was like that though.

I think we all know about the OPness that is special. Also Amnesia. Yes, I would like to swords dance both my special attack and special defense stat.

If I remember correctly, Pokemon from Red defaulted to Female, while ones from Blue defaulted to Male.

I used to trade a lot of my Pokemon from Red/Blue to my copy of Silver, and it would always be like that.

Really? I could swear Gen 2 just looked for a bit a coding in the Pokemon's data and used that to determine gender. Wasn't aware the game mattered.

I knew the IV system was different. I didn't know the EV system was like that though.

Yeah, wasn't that the main issue about why they wouldn't let you trade into Gen 3?  The fact that the Gen 1/2 pokemon would naturally be a ton more powerful?

That was also the way vitamins worked in the first 2 Gens which could basically get the pokemon a third of the way to their max EV yield iirc.

Really? I could swear Gen 2 just looked for a bit a coding in the Pokemon's data and used that to determine gender. Wasn't aware the game mattered.

Could be coding. I really don't know for sure, but like every Pokemon I've traded from Red was Female while like every one from Blue was Male.

If coding was part of it, then I guess I'm just the oddball who always got traded Pokemon like this.

If I remember correctly, Pokemon from Red defaulted to Female, while ones from Blue defaulted to Male.

I actually didn't know this was a thing, though to be fair, I didn't actually trade from RB to GSC though, so yeah.

67px-0,30,0,56-Blue1(RB)Sprite.png

What does it look like to you?

Certainly not a mullet. It isn't sort at the sides nor is it long in the back.

I am not sure if I will get them, since I own a Gameboy Colour with Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Red. It has something to me, since the GBC was my first handheld ever and got me really into videogames and gaming. I might pick them up, depending on the free space on my Memory Card and on the price in Western Europe/Germany. 

Archived