Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's low level play.

Like, there are Level 10 peeps who think they're hot s*** when they don't know anything.

If you think you're all that, go up against  a Level 300.

I've fought up until/including Platinums, and most gamers have ego problems, to be honest. Annnnnnd to be honest, even plats suck. Lol. 

Everyone always wants to find something else to blame, and honestly, that includes us at times (both being blamed and doing the blame). It's unhealthy as funk but always emerges in competitive gaming. 

Well, Season 3 ranking is fixed now so those previous plat faker players are actually in Silver now and the true plats are where they belong. Everyone got what was coming for them, which makes me smile, lol. But then again, I have no interest in doing competitive play.

To be honest, I've actually never said one word in team chat when I solo queue'd. I'm always silent because 99% of the time, I'm holding back saltiness because people don't know how to deal with Reinhardt.

Everyone always wants to find something else to blame, and honestly, that includes us at times (both being blamed and doing the blame). It's unhealthy as funk but always emerges in competitive gaming. 

people don't know how to deal with Reinhardt.

lol it's almost as if it is right on cue.

Anyway, am I the only one hyped for the Christmas content? It is probably coming along this coming Tuesday, based on previous events.

Anyway, am I the only one hyped for the Christmas content? It is probably coming along this coming Tuesday, based on previous events.

Okay, everyone should at least have SOME inkling about how to deal with Reinhardt's massive shield, though. Maybe instead of firing at it all day trying to wittle it down you just go around and try to flank him so that he can't protect his backside?

It's common sense that's just lacking in OW anymore.

Okay, everyone should at least have SOME inkling about how to deal with Reinhardt's massive shield, though. Maybe instead of firing at it all day trying to wittle it down you just go around and try to flank him so that he can't protect his backside?

It's common sense that's just lacking in OW anymore.

Much like with Hearthstone, Overwatch is the game for people who don't know how to play a gun game.

I mean, while flanking Reinhardt is absolutely correct, and whileheroes like Sombra, Reaper, Genji, Tracer, and many more exist, it is not always an option. And if the shield is destroyed, it won't be there to protect the enemy team for several seconds. It only has 2000 hitpoints, so a bit of dedication can wipe it out fast.

I mean, while flanking Reinhardt is absolutely correct, and whileheroes like Sombra, Reaper, Genji, Tracer, and many more exist, it is not always an option. And if the shield is destroyed, it won't be there to protect the enemy team for several seconds. It only has 2000 hitpoints, so a bit of dedication can wipe it out fast.

Buffs to Soldier make it pretty realistic nowadays, really. 

And honestly, you can make flanking work on most characters. I've had people say "wtf how are you so stealthy as Reinhardt", and while that means LOL I was not doing my job, man was I flanking like a jabroni.

Yeesh, even at low level play, teammates are absolutely garbage. I go D.Va on Route 66 Defense and I actually end up doing really well for the round. 30-2. We're on the final checkpoint of Route 66 and the Lucio, who, may I remind you isn't a very good healer in the first place, says that I should be using my charge better to get closer to him. Excuse me, but I actually know how to play D.Va and then this Lucio isn't healing us. And then one of our other team members switched out from I don't know what they were playing before with Mei, and then had the nerve to say "We won that only because I switched to Mei". Yeah, not like I was doing any work taking hits for the team so y'all dumbasses wouldn't die. Yeah, Mei TOTALLY won that game.

I also got a PoTG with a Triple Kill suicide and then finished off a low-health Reaper.

I think this game has gotten so horribly toxic and infuriating that, even when we succeed, our team mates still have the audacity to nitpick at us how to perfectly win the game, by saying "Oh, that D.Va isn't using her charge right, must be a bad player" when clearly I know how to play my character. If you go into my career profile, it literally says D.Va is my most played hero.

So yeah. Suck my dick whoever you are.

It sucks when you play as D.Va and they neglect to heal you.

Oh no. Missed out on Halloween content, so perhaps I'll have Christmas content to look forward to.

It sucks when you play as D.Va and they neglect to heal you.

As I mentioned before, I have been playing lots of elimination. Zenyatta is very common there (due to healing while also having significant DPS and range).

Pairing him with DVa is one of the most powerful thing I have seen in the game mode. Her chip damage becomes incredibly powerful when healing options are limited, and pairing his orb of harmony with her silly amounts of armor make her absurdly tanky.

That said, her out-of-mech ultimate charges fast enough that she is one of the heroes with self-healing options.

As I mentioned before, I have been playing lots of elimination. Zenyatta is very common there (due to healing while also having significant DPS and range).

Pairing him with DVa is one of the most powerful thing I have seen in the game mode. Her chip damage becomes incredibly powerful when healing options are limited, and pairing his orb of harmony with her silly amounts of armor make her absurdly tanky.

That said, her out-of-mech ultimate charges fast enough that she is one of the heroes with self-healing options.

Speaking of common, I've seen Roadhog commonly used in eliminations. What's my best hero ti use against him?

Reaper's probably gonna be your best bet.

Though, to be fair, Roadhog is broken in 3v3 because of his self-healing and there's not enough firepower like there is in 6v6 to actually efficiently bring down Roadhog.

And if all teammates hang up on you, then it doesn't really matter. Usually, it takes two teammates to take down one Roadhog. I have managed to take him down with a single hero, but that was only because her ultimate was ready.

Roadhog is very good in elimination. Quite likely in the top three. I wouldn't say he is broken, though.

As for answers, the best option is probably Hanzo. A well-placed scatter arrow can take him out if he isn't at full health, and adding in a decent shot guarantees the elimination.

Mei is also very good at fighting him, likely the only character that stands a chance at close range. Just strafe like your life depends on it (because it does) while hitting him with your primary fire. Once he is all frozen, an icicle or two to the snout will do the trick. And don't forget to hold L1 if you get hooked. If you are lucky, you will freeze before he kills you.

Otherwise, I suggest just coordinating attacks. His self heal, while powerful, is awkward to use and has a slow animation; use that to gain advantage. Ana can block his healing through use of biotic grenade, and sombra can remove the ability entirely. Add in some decent DPS such as Soldier, McCree, or Zenyatta, and he will drop in no time flat.

Roadhog is very good in elimination. Quite likely in the top three. I wouldn't say he is broken, though.

As for answers, the best option is probably Hanzo. A well-placed scatter arrow can take him out if he isn't at full health, and adding in a decent shot guarantees the elimination.

Mei is also very good at fighting him, likely the only character that stands a chance at close range. Just strafe like your life depends on it (because it does) while hitting him with your primary fire. Once he is all frozen, an icicle or two to the snout will do the trick. And don't forget to hold L1 if you get hooked. If you are lucky, you will freeze before he kills you.

Otherwise, I suggest just coordinating attacks. His self heal, while powerful, is awkward to use and has a slow animation; use that to gain advantage. Ana can block his healing through use of biotic grenade, and sombra can remove the ability entirely. Add in some decent DPS such as Soldier, McCree, or Zenyatta, and he will drop in no time flat.

I should try that. I don't use Mei that often (if at all).

Also, as a healer, how is Ana?

The best, provided you can consistently land shots.

Mercy heals 60hps.

Ana heals 75 per shot, at 1rps.

Her biotic grenade gives a burst heal of 100, and doubles all other healing for a short time, raising her primary to 150 per shot. This means she can restore about 250 health in the space of 1 second. The only thing comparable is Zenyatta's ultimate.

Not to mention sleep dart is really funking good.

The best, provided you can consistently land shots.

Mercy heals 60hps.

Ana heals 75 per shot, at 1rps.

Her biotic grenade gives a burst heal of 100, and doubles all other healing for a short time, raising her primary to 150 per shot. This means she can restore about 250 health in the space of 1 second. The only thing comparable is Zenyatta's ultimate.

Not to mention sleep dart is really funking good.

Holy sheet! You were right about Mei. Literally the first 3 v 3 I used her in, and I not only did we win, but I got play of the game.

Does anyone know when the Symmetra changes are coming to the Live server?

It's been well over 2 weeks now since they announced the changes to Symmetra. Usually, when something is tested on the PTR it comes out the next week, but this one seems to be taking a long time...

Considering how radical they are, they will most likely take longer, though I would assume they plan on releasing it the same day they start the Christmas event.

If you are getting double kills with scatter arrow they are both tracer are you are the luckiest human being on earth.

Scatter arrow can 1-shot many heroes, but it isn't the problem people pretend it is. Not to mention it is his only close-range game and the long cooldown prevents it from being abused.

Archived