Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

Well, usually when I play a character for the first time I don't go on a ~20 killing spree without dying the entire game and also getting PotG, and having that occur on several occasions afterwards. So it's at least a little surprising to me.

But, hey, tank meta.

Yeah. You can rack up a good number of kills as D. Va. Not just with her guns, but even her boosters.

Though, you could take her out with Symmetra.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm not sure how many of you are on the side of the whole "Terry Crews for Doomfist" thing that's been going on for a few months, but earlier he actually put out a Facebook post asking fans about it. I'm hoping this means that he's either been in talks with Blizzard (which people have been speculating ever since he visited Blizzard and posted about it last month) and he was told to post it in order to gauge interest, or Doomfist is already in the works and he's going to be the VA, and he was told to post it in order to build hype.

Also, with a single comment in the thread about it on the OW subreddit, I've more than doubled my comment karma. Neato.

nnNkXEb.png

Wow. I've just been dying in Oasis. I do fine in Ilios and Nepal, but Oasis always gets me. Also, how long has that map been on the PC version?

So I'm not sure how many of you are on the side of the whole "Terry Crews for Doomfist" thing that's been going on for a few months, but earlier he actually put out a Facebook post asking fans about it. I'm hoping this means that he's either been in talks with Blizzard (which people have been speculating ever since he visited Blizzard and posted about it last month) and he was told to post it in order to gauge interest, or Doomfist is already in the works and he's going to be the VA, and he was told to post it in order to build hype.

Also, with a single comment in the thread about it on the OW subreddit, I've more than doubled my comment karma. Neato.

nnNkXEb.png

Only time will tell. It would be amusing for him to voice Doomfist, though.

I've done tons of Capture the Rooster but I've got my free arcade loot boxes for the week so I'm just going back to QP. The mode is basically just get the flag once and then turtle, and there are too many draws. The mode can't really be balanced competitively without drastic changes, I liked listening to the developer update they put out about it.

So far I've gotten Reinhardt's skin and a variety of sprays/icons. I'm hoping to at least get the other 3 Journey to the West skins, along with D.Va, Bastion, and Mercy' skins. I really want the highlight intros for Roadhog and Mercy, too. D.Va's bow emote is cool, too.

If you haven't used it for the other two events, a checklist site was made again and it's pretty useful: https://js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/

I've done tons of Capture the Rooster but I've got my free arcade loot boxes for the week so I'm just going back to QP. The mode is basically just get the flag once and then turtle, and there are too many draws. The mode can't really be balanced competitively without drastic changes, I liked listening to the developer update they put out about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At7NWZ_mw6s

So far I've gotten Reinhardt's skin and a variety of sprays/icons. I'm hoping to at least get the other 3 Journey to the West skins, along with D.Va, Bastion, and Mercy' skins. I really want the highlight intros for Roadhog and Mercy, too. D.Va's bow emote is cool, too.

If you haven't used it for the other two events, a checklist site was made again and it's pretty useful: https://js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/

Agreed on the number of draws.

Characters I find myself using most in Capture the Rooster are Reaper and Torbjörn.

Any in particular you use in this game?

The most hilarious way to nab a flag if you can pull it off is with Sombra, just put down your translocator, get ahold of the flag, and instantly teleport back. With teams almost always having some combination of Torb/Bastion/Symmetra defending the flag, though, it's a lot harder than it sounds.

EDIT: So they're buffing D.Va's defense matrix, here's the blue post about it.

"This is excellent feedback, thank you.

I just tested it to make sure you could project defensive matrix through an ally to block shots on the other side, and you can. If you can find situations where this doesn't work it would be great to hear or even better, if you have a video showing it it would be helpful, since it would be considered a bug.

That said, there is a change coming to defense matrix next patch that you guys might be interested in. Currently on live, defense matrix wont block shots until they are a very small distance away from the muzzle of the gun that shot them. Generally speaking players wont notice this effect, but it matters a lot in certain situations, such as blocking an ally from getting killed by a roadhog hook combo. 

Next patch the plan is to remove this minimum distance so the projectiles are killed directly out of the muzzle. This means it should be possible to save an ally from a Roadhog hook by covering them with your defense matrix, which doesn't work on live right now."

Which I think is really nice. There've been tons of times where I tried and failed to defend a teammate from a pointblank Reaper or Roadhog, I didn't know the Defense Matrix worked like this. And D.Va could use a buff after the health/armor change.

The most hilarious way to nab a flag if you can pull it off is with Sombra, just put down your translocator, get ahold of the flag, and instantly teleport back. With teams almost always having some combination of Torb/Bastion/Symmetra defending the flag, though, it's a lot harder than it sounds.

EDIT: So they're buffing D.Va's defense matrix, here's the blue post about it.

"This is excellent feedback, thank you.

I just tested it to make sure you could project defensive matrix through an ally to block shots on the other side, and you can. If you can find situations where this doesn't work it would be great to hear or even better, if you have a video showing it it would be helpful, since it would be considered a bug.

That said, there is a change coming to defense matrix next patch that you guys might be interested in. Currently on live, defense matrix wont block shots until they are a very small distance away from the muzzle of the gun that shot them. Generally speaking players wont notice this effect, but it matters a lot in certain situations, such as blocking an ally from getting killed by a roadhog hook combo.

Next patch the plan is to remove this minimum distance so the projectiles are killed directly out of the muzzle. This means it should be possible to save an ally from a Roadhog hook by covering them with your defense matrix, which doesn't work on live right now."

Which I think is really nice. There've been tons of times where I tried and failed to defend a teammate from a pointblank Reaper or Roadhog, I didn't know the Defense Matrix worked like this. And D.Va could use a buff after the health/armor change.

It truly is harder when the enemy has a Symmetra. Vut someone on my team pulled it off yesterday; won us the match.

I should try this, as D. Va's the tank I use the most. So the change will alter or hinder the Defense Matrix?

Archived