Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s been a while since consoles have had a patch, I am getting anxious to test out the new Ana and Junkrat buffs! On another note, where are you guys at with trophies/achievements? I am at 85% right now, getting pretty damn close, the ones I have left are going to be annoying to get, since they rely more on luck than anything.

Our sp00py patch is inbound :^)

Just got into the game recently, myself. Not that good of a player but I like supports, Reinhardt, DVA, and Mei so far. They're all easy money, haha.

I hope to god we're getting that witch Mercy skin, she's needed a good one for a while.

And Sombra has an Uzi, so she might be the first offense (?) hero I actually like other than McCree, haha.

Unless you main Roadhog or Mercy you're not missing much, don't worry. 

A friend loaned be his laptop for the weekend and I got the Roadhog and Mercy Skins.  I wanted Reaper and Mercy.  Oh well, at least I got the sexy one.  Also, my friends and 1 were talking and here is the girl chart we developed:

[spoiler=Chart]

Mei - Adorable

Mercy - Hot

Symmetra - Could be sexy if she tried.

Widowmaker - Could be hot if she tried.

Tracer - Cute

D.Va - Cute

Phara - We know she has the stuff underneath all that armor.

Zarya - Could be pretty is she tried.

Ana - ... I think we ignored her... I mean come on, she could be the mom of every character on the list, not to mention... she didn't age well.

[spoiler=Hanzo Thoughts]

Not everyone is a bad Hanzo... :/

it feels so unfair to have this hero so universally hated.

Even on forums you see things like:

Guy 1: i feel kind of bad for hating on Hanzos

Guy 2: Dw everyone hates Hanzo they aren't worth caring about trollol

Several people made good points already, so I don't need to say too much.

Basically, like every sniper in every game, Hanzo has the potential to be VERY deadly.  The problem is, again like sniper in every game, Hanzo suffers from a large population of people who are just bad and refuse to swap when things are going south.  I am a hanzo/hog main myself and have singlehandedly held off an entire team while my team was respawning, that being said, I also switch if I'm not in the top 3 for damage/elims or if I'm being shutdown/suppressed too much or of our team need something else.

The problem I think is flexibility.  Most hanzo players are bad and don't swap.

Last thing, I think someone touched on this already, but Hanzo players focus on headshots instead of hitting a target.  I mean, you don't help at all of you don't hit.  So I focus on body shots.  If I'm lucky or my aim is on point, those headshots will come, but when I'm not on point, the other team still melts pretty quickly.

Tips:

1. Focus on hitting something, aim for body shots.

2. Be flexible and willing to swap off.

3. Aim scatter arrows at the feet of tanks so the split arrows will all hit the tank (makes you look like a magic tank buster)

4. Spam that recon arrow, I mean this is just a bonus, even if you hit an opponent with it.

5. Stay front or midrange (mercy range basically). Far back enough to be protected by the tanks, but close enough to have good accuracy.

[spoiler=Wallpapers]

Newest (Halloween Skins are here): http://imgur.com/gallery/NeKnd

Bonus:

Album 1: http://imgur.com/gallery/qxwsn

Album 2: http://imgur.com/gallery/eL8mX

Album 3: http://imgur.com/gallery/BME7

P.S. Two new fan songs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFonMuIDTCl2NKUtDNnVXvm4Ffa9QA9_2

A friend loaned be his laptop for the weekend and I got the Roadhog and Mercy Skins.  I wanted Reaper and Mercy.  Oh well, at least I got the sexy one.  Also, my friends and 1 were talking and here is the girl chart we developed:

[spoiler=Chart]

Mei - Adorable

Mercy - Hot

Symmetra - Could be sexy if she tried.

Widowmaker - Could be hot if she tried.

Tracer - Cute

D.Va - Cute

Phara - We know she has the stuff underneath all that armor.

Zarya - Could be pretty is she tried.

Ana - ... I think we ignored her... I mean come on, she could be the mom of every character on the list, not to mention... she didn't age well.

I got the Reaper skin. Guess I'm a Reaper main now.

I like Mercy and Pharah's looks (and happened to find a subreddit called Pharmercy,,,,yeah...), and the rest of the OW lineup looks meh or almost appalling.

Symmetra gets third place for me, though.

Hanzo...I think most people hate Hanzos because they're typically useless aside from Scatter Arrows, which do entirely too much damage when aimed on the floor. Yeah, bodyshots beat no shots, but a purely body shot and scatter shot Hanzo is still useless the majority of the time unless those shots are on supports and he lands his ult (which isn't difficult). 

People hate Hanzo because his skill floor is higher than average and he's very inconsistent.

I never understood why people think sniping is difficult though.

I mean, if I recall correctly, he doesn't have hitscan, but he has logs for arrows instead, haha.

His arrow drop range is taking me some getting used to, but I'm not playing seriously until I have a mouse that's not 20-30 years old and a keyboard that's the same, haha. 

I never understood why people think sniping is difficult though.

I mean, if I recall correctly, he doesn't have hitscan, but he has logs for arrows instead, haha.

His arrow drop range is taking me some getting used to, but I'm not playing seriously until I have a mouse that's not 20-30 years old and a keyboard that's the same, haha. 

it's still more difficult to aim the projectile, and more often than not a team's Hanzo is just going to be poking for damage and feeding ults than actually taking characters out. I mean, sniping may not seem that difficult, but considering that the general Overwatch playerbase has trouble enough with aiming as-is...

Oh, also the main problem with sniping is that you're not actually helping in the front lines, and it's super easy to play around. I have a lot of beef with people playing Widowmaker on my teams as well because if they aren't god-like, then they're making this 5 v 6. At best, your average Widowmaker is going to take out some support classes before the enemy team decides to either gank her out or just avoid sniper lanes, again making it a 5 v 6, or at worst she's going to be complete garbo at her job and it's... 5 v 6. A lot of this holds true for Hanzo, except you get the benefit of hoping they know how to pull off his ult well and don't just dump it at random now and then, which unfortunately too many players do and just make themselves a wasted player slot.

I don't like Widows on my team because she's a garbage hero at the moment and yes, most people cannot aim. Additionally, NOT being on the point is probably my biggest complaint, thinking about it. You can take out supports without feeding your ass off like a Genji? Go for it. But when you can't help the team with the goal of the game, it causes issues.

Sniping lanes aren't really a thing in Overwatch. You make your own and (hopefully) aren't the guy who just stands on those three spots on Anubis thinking they're sneaky or helping the team.

Oh, also the main problem with sniping is that you're not actually helping in the front lines, and it's super easy to play around. I have a lot of beef with people playing Widowmaker on my teams as well because if they aren't god-like, then they're making this 5 v 6. At best, your average Widowmaker is going to take out some support classes before the enemy team decides to either gank her out or just avoid sniper lanes, again making it a 5 v 6, or at worst she's going to be complete garbo at her job and it's... 5 v 6. A lot of this holds true for Hanzo, except you get the benefit of hoping they know how to pull off his ult well and don't just dump it at random now and then, which unfortunately too many players do and just make themselves a wasted player slot.

This is a good way to determine the difference between a good Hanzo and a bad one.  If the hanzo is consistently with the rest of the team on the point and getting kills (like me) then he is at least a plus to the team.  If he isn't then he needs to switch.  Another thing is, swapping off when your having a bad streak is something Hanzo players need to learn.  I like to think I'm part of that 10% that is a helpful-good Hanzo, since people had stopped complaining when I play him.

I keep pulling Pumpkin Reaper, three times now...I just want the Mercy skin ;-;

Hanzo's body shot damage is absurdly high, so while I want to complain about Hanzos just spamming ults and scatter arrows and never landing a headshot, he really doesn't need to...

He needs a nerf to that, considering his hitbox is better than Widows and he charges up a bit faster (iirc). 

Anyways.

PTR stuff is looking fantastic. DVA will finally be usable, Widow should be viable, and 76 won't be a worse McCree. Pharah might see some use(?) and the game will snowball less with these ultimate charge changes. And another nerf slapped on top of that previously mentioned ult change to Mei. Thank god. 

I have yet to understand the appeal of D.VA...

Though I can easily see Mercy's appeal. Especially her witch skin.

DVA has no appeal.

A flat character, a flat kit, a flat chest...anyways.

Her PTR changes might actually make her a playable tank. Right now, she not only fails her niche but she also fails her class. These PTR changes are precisely what she needs to be an actual tank, and have actual flanking potential. 

I've been thinking about getting this game, what systems do you guys play it on? I could get it for PC but I'd only be able to run it at 30 fps on lowish settings, so I'm more leaning towards getting it for PS4. I do prefer M+KB but I've been playing Destiny so long, console controls for shooters aren't an issue. I also imagine the scene is a bit more casual on console versus PC, which I can totally get into.

Also

DVA has no appeal

a flat chest

how dare you. Flat is justice. Though she's really not even that flat.

Archived