Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

Does anyone know when the Symmetra changes are coming to the Live server?

It's been well over 2 weeks now since they announced the changes to Symmetra. Usually, when something is tested on the PTR it comes out the next week, but this one seems to be taking a long time...

What are the Symmetra changes going to be? Or do those have yet to be revealed?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the Symmetra changes going to be? Or do those have yet to be revealed?

Symmetra's E was replaced with a Shield Barrier that projects forward, similar to Reinhardt's shield. It blocks all damage from enemies but allies can still shoot through her barrier. Her ulti can now cycle between two different applications: her standard Teleporter, and a Shield Generator which gives anyone within its radius 75 extra Shields. Her primary fire range was also increased from 5m to 7m.

Symmetra's E was replaced with a Shield Barrier that projects forward, similar to Reinhardt's shield. It blocks all damage from enemies but allies can still shoot through her barrier. Her ulti can now cycle between two different applications: her standard Teleporter, and a Shield Generator which gives anyone within its radius 75 extra Shields. Her primary fire range was also increased from 5m to 7m.

So will she have both, choose between shield and teleporter, or replace the teleporter aaltogether with the shield?

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I forgot. You start with 6 turrets instead of 3. Their CD time is also 10 seconds instead of 12 seconds like how they are now.

Whether these changes stay or not makes no difference to me personally, since I hardly play Symmetra, but her Shield Generator is OP.

Is this only going to be implemented on the PC version?

Also, what is CD time?

Symmetra is already like my main right now, these changes are funking glorious. Old news, but tbh, I would have been fine with just the range buff on her gun (which last I checked, she still got anyways). With all of these things....she's gonna be nuts, and now people can't complain when I take her on attack. That shield and shield maker are all really good for attacking. 

I feel like her turrets having a shorter cooldown and more being able to be carried might be pushing her on those defense maps, though. It's still not giving them any health, and any smart player will deal with the turrets easily, but having more in a short period is pretty good, all things said.

Don't know on that one yet.

So I played a bit today.....my first map was Numbani so I was like "Oh, it only gets worse from here". Because everyone knows how much I hate Numbani...

I went 22-1 with Widowmaker.

I know the feeling.

Symmetra is already like my main right now, these changes are funking glorious. Old news, but tbh, I would have been fine with just the range buff on her gun (which last I checked, she still got anyways). With all of these things....she's gonna be nuts, and now people can't complain when I take her on attack. That shield and shield maker are all really good for attacking.

I feel like her turrets having a shorter cooldown and more being able to be carried might be pushing her on those defense maps, though. It's still not giving them any health, and any smart player will deal with the turrets easily, but having more in a short period is pretty good, all things said.

Is this on the PC version, or should I try it out myself when I get the chance (mine's the PS4 port).

Oh cool, Christmas stuff.

To be honest, I probably won't be able to play much OW because I'll be busy with other stuff, but I'm hoping if they give you a free loot box, my luck  will just be great enough that I get a legendary skin with the free box.

Like I did with the Halloween event and immediately got Witch Mercy.

Well, I didn't get any Christmas skins but Nutcracker Zenyatta is possibly the single best thing about this update.

He throws nuts in your face. Not just balls, but nuts.

Also, I played on Christmas Hanamura, but not on Christmas King's Row yet. Christmas Hanamura is so pretty.

Haven't tried the new brawl but then again I'm not crazy about brawls. All of them just feel tacky except for Junkenstein's Revenge.

Archived