Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

It's as everyone expected, a robot created by Efi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvm0of3iDUU

And we might still be in the middle of an ARG. It's mentioned that Doomfist was the one who attacked the airport, and we're still missing the gauntlet from the Numbani payload.

I knew it!

Also, how's the Bastion buff?

And were there any other changes implemented on characters in said update(s)?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bastion's without a doubt stupid right now, his ability to heal while being damaged and the damage resistance in Sentry form are dumb as hell. I honestly can't believe it made it through PTS. For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5x3e77/things_bastion_can_survive/

A terrible idea in my opinion.

I still recall someone stating how they got teamed/targeted when playing Bastion.

I still remember when he went Tank (and yeah; he heals in this form too), so I froze him, and then proceeded to use Blizzard.

He's getting changed in the next PTR.

I would hope his healing ability is reverted/returned to how it was before.

I love her main gun.  She's not a hitscan hero like 76, but she's not Hanzo either.  Hard to describe her shots.  Her spread is low though, super accurate.  Can headshot.  

Her alternate fire will really make for some interesting plays/set-ups, and I can see her being run along side Zarya for some double whammy combos.  I just hope Orisa doesn't cause Triple Tank Meta again.  I can see it now.  

Orisa

Zarya

Reinhardt

Bastion

Mercy

Zenyatta

On every funking Defense Hold.  Maybe occasionally swapping Rein for D.Va or Hog.

She won't be played in dive comps, but you won't see those in standard competitive play anyway.  Still, I do like Orisa a lot.

Nice. Capture the Flag is back. And on different maps, too. The one I thought I'd do the worst in (Oasis), I actually did the best in. Bastion went Tank, but I still managed to down him with Reaper. And Roadhog: Killed him once and then just camped by the spawn site to try again. As soon as he walked out, I opened fire and killed him.

Any of you tried Capture the Flag?

It's as everyone expected, a robot created by Efi:

And we might still be in the middle of an ARG. It's mentioned that Doomfist was the one who attacked the airport, and we're still missing the gauntlet from the Numbani payload.

First off.  DAMN YOU!  I wanted to post that.  Second, yea, if you watch the Sombra video, there is a scene where it has Numbani connected to a Spider mecha connected to Doomfist glove.  So, I pretty much expected this.  Got into an argument with by buddies who want Doomfist and refused to believe otherwise.

On a side note, got 24 Symmetra teleports and the achievement.  Now I need lucio 1k damage block, mercy 4 rez, and Zen rapid discord to get all the support ones.

It's kind of crazy to see the maps in different times of day, I actually would like the maps to appear like this randomly, that would be pretty nice.

Yes.

Also, just got the Lucio block 1k damage achievement by jumping next to a D.Va nuke and using ult... still insta died.  Now I need mercy 4 rez and Zen rapid discord to get all the support ones.

I love her main gun.  She's not a hitscan hero like 76, but she's not Hanzo either.  Hard to describe her shots.  Her spread is low though, super accurate.  Can headshot.  

She won't be played in dive comps, but you won't see those in standard competitive play anyway.  Still, I do like Orisa a lot.

I actually know how to describe it, it's a lot like pilot D.Va's Light Gun. The shots move at a similar speed, slightly slower, so if you're good at leading those, you can adjust to Orisa's gun too.

And I disagree on this, I think she's actually REALLY good for Dive Comps. She isn't as mobile as the others, yeah, but in return she gives your supports a barrier to play behind, while also letting you pull the enemy team into disorienting positions with Halt for your other divers to mess with them. Or to just pull them around so your divers can f*** with them in general. I see it being especially good on, like, Nimbani dive if you go main and force them off the high ground early. I think there's a lot of potential for her on Dive, even if it might not seem traditional.

Also her Ult is really good for Dive, once you have it built up. It's a reaaally snowbally ultimate and dive loves that kinda thing. Overall, I think there's a lot of potential there. Seems like it might be a map specific type for her. I think she'll be great on Nimbani dive for example, but not something like Volskaya or Hanamura.

So how were your placement matches? I think this is my best one so far, 8/10 wins, the one match was pretty close, the other one we couldn't even get past Dorado's first point because my team was being useless as hell. My rank is 3265.

Really?  My friend won 9 placement matches and got placed in bronze...

Drop:

I actually lost rank for the first time, I haven't played competitive in a week and I lost about 100 or so. I don't really have all that much desire to play it right now, I really just want to wait for Orisa since she's going to change the competitive anyway, so it feels weird to even try to understand how the game will work right now.

Archived