Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I face ghostrick mansion on the field, and all monsters are face down. can a monster that is "unaffected by card effects." attack a face down monster?

Mansion says "Monsters cannot attack face-down Defense Position monsters". A monster that is immune to effects can attack face-down Defense Position monsters, since it is not covered by this Continuous Effect.

negating tiras' attack means it can't use it's effect to destroy a card correct?

Tiras needs to make it all the way through Damage Calculation to use its effect, just like Gladiator Beasts.

If you use seven swords warrior's effect to send black pendant (or any equip that has a mandatory trigger effect when it is sent to the graveyard for that matter) to the graveyard, will seven swords warrior's effect to destroy a monster activate, or will it miss the timing?

I am not sure because on 1 hand 'when' effects can miss timing but on the other hand an equip card being sent to the graveyard was the last thing to happen. The logic for it working is the same way you can chain multiple cards/effect to a non chain 'event' such as a summon or an attack declaration without missing the timing or am I comparing 2 different things?

If you use seven swords warrior's effect to send black pendant (or any equip that has a mandatory trigger effect when it is sent to the graveyard for that matter) to the graveyard, will seven swords warrior's effect to destroy a monster activate, or will it miss the timing?

I am not sure because on 1 hand 'when' effects can miss timing but on the other hand an equip card being sent to the graveyard was the last thing to happen. The logic for it working is the same way you can chain multiple cards/effect to a non chain 'event' such as a summon or an attack declaration without missing the timing or am I comparing 2 different things?

Both Pendant and Swords' effects have the same timing. Pendant being mandatory will activate as Link 1. Swords' optional effect will chain as Link 2.

I destroy a monster by battle with "Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow", inflicting Battle Damage and giving me a shot at Chick's effect.

The monster I'm destroying had my Fiendish Chain attached to it.

Is Fiendish Chain a viable target to return to my hand with Chick's effect? With how damage happens before the monster leaves the field and all....

I destroy a monster by battle with "Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow", inflicting Battle Damage and giving me a shot at Chick's effect.

The monster I'm destroying had my Fiendish Chain attached to it.

Is Fiendish Chain a viable target to return to my hand with Chick's effect? With how damage happens before the monster leaves the field and all....

I'm inclined to say it is not a viable target, as the monster was considered "destroyed by battle" after Damage Calculation, and Fiendish Chain would likewise be"destroyed" because the target was destroyed.

However, I could be wrong.

If my opponent attacks my Maiden with Eyes of Blue, and I activate the effect to negate the attack, and I choose not to summon Blue Eyes, can he use Warning?

Yes. Actually, since the entire effect of "negate attack, change battle position, then you can Special Summon 1 Blue-Eyes" is one whole effect that CAN special summon a monster, he can and has to use Warning at the first step if he wants to use Warning at all. Ergo, Warning would destroy MOEwB and the attack would not be negated (which would then cause a replay).

Can Infected Mail target a token, allowing it to attack directly.

But since tokens cant be "send" to the grave, the token will remain on the field.

Since it Infected Mail has 2 separate effects that activates at different time, I'm confused on the ruling.

You may target a Token with Mail. If you do, it will disappear at the end of the Battle Phase.

Tokens can't be sent as a cost, but they can be sent as part of an effect. Infected Mail is an effect, not a cost, and will still work on Tokens. Likewise, you can use Blackship of Corn to send a Token and inflict 1000 burn.

couple of silly questions:

1) when i start my turn and i want to set a monster or a trap, must i set it in a particular zone, or i can set it wherever i want ?

2) what happens if 2 surgery with different type declaration are active?

3) oppo has 4 cards in hand, i have 5 and he controls unicore; i activate dark hole from hand; unicore negates?

Can I negate Mobius the Mega Monarch's summon with Solemn Warning if it is one of the cards targetted by its effect by Tributing a Water Monster?

Yes. Mobius' effect does not activate until it was successfully Summoned. Warning negates the Summon, so it applies before Mobius even hit the Field, and thus, it cannot target S/Ts at that timing.

oh, got a new one. Geartown is face down,  mst. does it trigger?

Yes. Geartown's Trigger is simply "When this CARD is destroyed..."

It doesn't have to be faceup. It doesn't even have to have been on the Field (Eradicator Epidemic Virus), just so long as it was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard (and so long as it doesn't miss the timing).

Archived