[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the polling ends in about 6 minutes (and they'll need time to calculate the results and all that stuff).

As for Kasich, I didn't see him making any smear campaigns towards other candidates (unlike what the other three are doing to each other via commercials and other crap). I can only hope Cruz doesn't get any of our delegates, because given his record thus far, he doesn't deserve them at all.

----

EDIT: I'll break this down into the four major counties in order of reporting:

Kaua'i:

Honolulu:

Maui:

Hawai'i:

Remember that it's still relatively early, but yes Trump has a considerable lead at the moment in all 4 counties (and yes, I am keeping watch on my own state's caucuses despite doing other stuff at the moment).

At the time of writing, 33% and Trump leads 15% over Cruz.

----

(I was going to wait until we hit 50% reporting before saying anything)

Remember that it's still relatively early, but yes Trump has a considerable lead at the moment in all 4 counties (and yes, I am keeping watch on my own state's caucuses despite doing other stuff at the moment).

At the time of writing, 33% and Trump leads 15% over Cruz.

----

(I was going to wait until we hit 50% reporting before saying anything)

My apologies. 

53% Reporting, CT: 1:42 CST

Trump declared winner with 45.2% of the Vote

Cruz 2nd with 31.3%

Neither Rubio nor Kasich made the cut off to get proportional delegates. 

Yeah, it appears that Trump is our overall winner (despite some predictions that his rhetoric wouldn't go well with our voters here). Though, I was hoping Cruz wouldn't get any, because he really is a scumbag. 

Then again, Trump didn't necessarily say anything about what goes on down here when he was interviewed. All we got out of him was some stuff regarding that hotel in Waikiki that bears his name and CLAIMS he owns it, but in actuality, he doesn't own it as much as he thinks (and his organization refutes that he even manages said hotel). 

I don't know if Cruz said anything off-screen though (and again, I don't know what his opinions are). However, if he's going to be the type of president who disregards the local customs/issues we have here (and forces his religious philosophy on us), then I want nothing to do with him. 

---

Though in his defense, Kasich was close to getting delegates on Maui (by 1%). 

Agreed, Cruz is too cold hearted for my taste. And I really don't want another war, which is Cruz 2016 mainliner.

That being said, isn't this the first caucus that Trump has won? The guy scores most among independents and Reagan Democrats, so a closed Primary (like in TN) or a caucus really don't suit him well cause of late votes not being on his side

Was pleased today. Hillary and Michigan is a wake up call for her :0

Then again, Trump didn't necessarily say anything about what goes on down here when he was interviewed. All we got out of him was some stuff regarding that hotel in Waikiki that bears his name and CLAIMS he owns it, but in actuality, he doesn't own it as much as he thinks (and his organization refutes that he even manages said hotel). 

You've made me curious. What's this about?

You've made me curious. What's this about?

Basically some claims about him having "local" connections and stuff like that (he has a lot of local friends here). 

As I mentioned, there was an apparent mention that he owns/operates the Trump Hotel in Waikiki (tourist area), but others in the area refute that claim and Trump's own organization also says that neither him, the company nor its affiliates run the hotel(s). So basically, Trump just has his name on the hotel and got a percentage of whatever profits come from it, but he otherwise has no ownership (or very little) in it. 

Bit late to the party, but I may as well espouse my political views, so here we go!

First, can I say that Kasich is by far the most reasonable of the Republican candidates? I can’t support him due to his desire to cut funding from Planned Parenthood and generally having a shady track record re: women’s rights to abortion. That said, that’s more of a general problem with the Republican party line. He’s been one of the more civil candidates among both parties.

Now, onto the Democrats! My biggest criticism with Sanders is that his proposed sources of funding for the single-payer healthcare plan don’t add up. The numbers he’s quoted from tax raises and other source fall short of what would be required to cover it all. It’s also been incredibly clear that single-payer is sort of a “pet project” of his that wouldn’t make it past the House. On the other hand, Clinton has been much more upfront about her plans for the national budget and funding for national infrastructure, two things that I think are critical to address.

I’m also not a fan of Sanders’ rejection of the potential of American military involvement against ISIL. While I don’t necessarily like putting boots on the ground, it’s becoming more and more apparent to me that it may be required, so to automatically discount that is something that I don’t think bodes well. Clinton’s also proven herself to be more adept at engaging US foreign policy.

And finally, every other candidate in the race now scares me. Trump for obvious reasons, Cruz for (among other things) suggesting that we should kill the ayatollah of Iran should they not cooperate, and Rubio for… well, I don’t know, but seeing as he’s tanking in the delegate count I wouldn’t be too scared.

tl;dr - Rinne supports Clinton, is skeptical of Sanders, respects Kasich’s campaign if not his stances, and is everloving scared of Trump and Cruz.

You do realize that there is a chance that some people would be so mad by a trump presidency a Civil War 2 might blow out of it?

And that (at least from what I understand) there's a well chance that the military could be against him? I'm pretty sure he's insulted them at leas t once in his campaign. Also, just because he is in charge does not mean they will follow him blindly; ultimately, they're allegiance is to their country as a whole, not to the man who is placed "in charge." That is something that trump disagrees with from what i know but meh

You do realize that there is a chance that some people would be so mad by a trump presidency a Civil War 2 might blow out of it?

And that (at least from what I understand) there's a well chance that the military could be against him? I'm pretty sure he's insulted them at leas t once in his campaign. Also, just because he is in charge does not mean they will follow him blindly; ultimately, they're allegiance is to their country as a whole, not to the man who is placed "in charge." That is something that trump disagrees with from what i know but meh

No there isn't. At least, no more than anyone else.

And if "people might be so made they revolt" was an excuse, Obama wouldn't have been elected.

I don't like Trump but this is backwards logic.

Not to mention majority of soldiers follow orders, it's kinda built into them.

I will make a note about Trump's performance last night in Hawai'i; he did worst in Honolulu County (where I am) and Kaua'i [he only beat Cruz by single digits]; Maui and Hawai'i County favored him much more.

March 26th, we have our Democratic caucus [i believe we have 55 delegates up for grabs last time I checked], so yeah Clinton/Sanders are next for our votes.

---

Granted, I don't really want Trump in the White House, but I don't hate him as much as Cruz [whom I don't care for]. At this point, just consider him as the nomination so far on their end. 

That being said, isn't this the first caucus that Trump has won? The guy scores most among independents and Reagan Democrats, so a closed Primary (like in TN) or a caucus really don't suit him well cause of late votes not being on his side

We still have some late votes in the form of "proxy ballots" (or whatever that term is for those sent in by people who weren't able to submit their votes in person), so might change. Although, I am doubting that they'll change the current result much. 

Then again, even if we didn't like Trump or Cruz here, they can just use the delegates from other states which can offer more than we can. 

Such as?

Not a perfect video, but does outline why Trump=Hitler theory is a pile of steamy dog sheet

If you wanna clear up the air with this point, then Trump needs to address it.  He needs to address the people who are following him that are spitting hatred, greed, bigotry, and spite, towards others.  He needs to address why a large portion of his followers feel it's okay to attack someone of a different nationality, skin color, or religious belief.  He needs to stop it.  Because right now, these same people got quotes from Hitler, and said they would support those same occurrences if Trump said it.

So if you don't want Trump to be compared to Hitler, then maybe have him take those non existent balls of his, and make him talk about it.  Sanders did it.  Clinton did it.  You want Trump in the White House spitting this shame sheet?

why a large portion of his followers feel it's okay to attack someone of a different nationality, skin color, or religious belief

They've suffered man. They've had their jobs ripped away, they've had to witness people reading from the Quran while sawing off the head of a fellow American, they had to watch while the pride of New York toppled, they've had to witness Iran beginning to break the deal that they made less than a year ago, they've had to endure a perceived weak president. The anger is detestably wrong, but it's not something you cannot empathize with.

It's not OK, but it's understandable

I'm kinda interested in how many people are saying DT can win NY in the general, which leads to question what else is up in the air as a toss up. If he can pull the Reagan democrats just like in Michigan, we're looking at a sweep in November

They've suffered man.

Oh, really?  I'm sorry.  I didn't realize the entire country wasn't at a loss.  Only a handful of people.  We've all suffered.

They've had their jobs ripped away, they've had to witness people reading from the Quran while sawing off the head of a fellow American, they had to watch while the pride of New York toppled, they've had to witness Iran beginning to break the deal that they made less than a year ago, they've had to endure a perceived weak president. The anger is detestably wrong, but it's not something you cannot empathize with.

I won't go any further after this, because this is a two-way street.

Those people in the middle east?  They've suffered too.  Now, I get it, we can't help everyone and our people come first.  But they have watched our soldiers (bless them for fighting for this country) be given orders to slaughter their people.  They've watched us clutch to our Bibles, and cast them as devils while we bombed villages, killed women and children, and left everything in our wake in rubble.

So no.  It's not something I can empathize with.  What I can do is say I won't elect a candidate who knows full well, that the people following him are no better than the extremists on the other side of the planet.  So that whole "we've suffered so we're in the right" bit doesn't fly with me.  When Trump decides he wants to man up, maybe I'll give him the time of day.  But right now, everyone is running scared from both sides.  But it's our people who should be the last to fuel the fire.  We should be on our toes.  We should be prepared.  But we should not be accepting of attacking innocent people, when we hate when it happens to one of our own.

If a church right now were burned to the ground by a man or woman who looked even remotely close to Muslim, Trump and his crew would be up in arms.  But when Mosques are being attacked in broad daylight, they have nothing to say because "we've suffered".  We've all funking suffered.  So instead of making it worse, why don't we be the ones to put an end to it?

Make Trump address it.

Highly unlikely, Though an avoidable war might erupt due to a failure in understanding foreign policy, perhaps you mean world war three? More unlikely so, but either way another conflict would still result in another reason to stay in the middle east.

The worst thing that can happen in a Sanders presidency would probably be in increased taxation and failure to nationalize privately dominated industries, which could be devastating to our economy.

I think what we need is a Right Wing President, no leftists or phony alt-righters.

A Trump presidency wouldn't be as extreme as it's being made out to be. If anything it would be a continuation of the economic policies of every American president since Nixon/Ford or Carter at a push. Trump is rhetorically pretty kooky but he isn't a fascist demagogue. He's a businessman. Hell, we've seen him cuddling up to the Clinton dynasty as recently as the millennium. Hillary Clinton is as bad as any of the Republicans - horrendous on foreign policy (supporting military coups in Central America, the Benghazi debacle, etc.) and she is about as far removed from the left-wing of politics as you can get. All that money from enormous corporations, the lies over her past record, the shameless slurs and obfuscation when anyone attempts to scrutinise her...she's ridiculous. She has served on the company board at Wal-Mart, who as we know treat their workers really, really well and she oversaw and supported the decimation of welfare under Bill Clinton's presidency (black people are "superpredators"?). Sanders isn't even radical left by most standards. He's a social democrat, pretty much, but his commitment to transparent, public election funding automatically makes him much more sensible than any other candidate. However, the Democratic National Committee will likely intervene if he even has a chance of getting the nomination and I wouldn't be surprised if he were to end up dead should he by some miracle win the nomination.

Archived