Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dex completion purposes (even though I do have one in both Sun/Moon that I can just move over, because let's face it, I'm never using mine in battle). Also for wanting to see Ultra Ruins and stuff, because YT videos suck at showing it.

To be fair, a lot of 'mons in the Alola dex, I don't really want/use, but I have to get them for the Shiny Charm and stuff.

Yeah, it's for reasons like that that I love having my living Dex stored in Bank. So I don't have to go through the BS of getting everything in a region. Although I am restarting cause I want a Poipole for the collection, and all the ones on GTS ask for something retarded, usually another Poipole/Naganadel. Or in one case a shiny Poipole in exchange for a male Carbink.

At this point, you do have Poni Island to handle (including the whole of Vast Poni Canyon, and then the Dragon trial). All of them are in the mid/upper 40s, so prepare for that. Poipole shouldn't be too hard for you to handle even at level 49.

Yeah, even wild Pokemon at this point are higher-leveled than most my team, which feels a bit funny. I'm definitely seeing here that the difficulty curve seems to be fitted for the use of the Exp. Share, possibly even more so than the original Sun and Moon, which was already challenging here and there without.

EDIT: Yeah, Ultra Sun and Moon seem to have been designed to be a fair bit more difficult than S/M, seeing as how Lusamine's team (the first battle anyways) is now at Lv.47 whereas S/M had her team at Lv.41.

I was technically overleveled a bit for the game [i don't mind], so didn't have much issue creaming everyone. Only problem was probably that Lurantis totem back then (before Bank opened) and Ultra Necrozma (though I think I only lost Espeon against it even while being level 60-62 or something; other than that, think I didn't have many issues and didn't need Rotom Powers).

I'm seeing a lot of people elsewhere having problems with the latter, but either they underleveled or didn't prepare. Also Team RR isn't particularly difficult if you know your type advantages, keep coverage moves handy and obviously level up properly. Some YT streamers don't get it. 

I'm about halfway into Vast Poni Canyon at this point after spending some time grinding on Exeggutor Island. Noibat finally evolved, so at long last she's no longer dead weight. I've leveled up my Pokemon to the point that they're no longer getting outleveled by wild Pokemon, which is nice. I don't know how prepared I am for the upcoming trial, but my team is currently sitting at:

- Decidueye Lv.48

- Noivern Lv.48

- Bewear Lv.47

- A-Marowak Lv.47

- Ampharos Lv.48

- Milotic Lv.49

Yeah, I think Totem Kommo-o is probably going to wreck your sheet if you aren’t super ready for him.

That was comforting to read lol. But Totem Kommo-o didn't end up causing me too much trouble. I had Milotic tank 2 Thunder Punches and hit it with 2 Blizzards before switching into Bewear and finishing it with Ice Punch. The Scizor it called upon was practically useless.

I only lost one 'mon, but that was more/less due to Kommo-o barely surviving a Dazzling Gleam off Espeon and then the SOS Scizor using Pursuit or something afterwards. Other than that, I had no issues with it. 

(Even the first encounter with Dusk Mane Necrozma wasn't that hard)

====

As for Rotom Dex, I usually ignore it or only click when the Loto happens. 

Holy hell, I did myself a good thing by going into all this blind and not spoiling anything; I did not see all this fancy stuff coming. Nevertheless, I made short work of Dawn Wings Necrozma - in a rather long way. I Toxic-stalled with Milotic since I was both faster than it and none of its attacks could even 2HKO. I ended the battle at full health without launching a single offensive attack :p

On another note, as much as I liked Lusamine's character in S/M, I think I like her even more in Ultra Sun/Moon, since she doesn't seem quite as unnecessarily cray.

The real battle awaits you though, so train up now while you got a chance. Or you can go into the Wormholes and catch some stuff; you can do either right now.

Aww, I didn't see this in time...I guess I'll have to come back to the wormholes later.

But yeah, I didn't see this coming either, and it was definitely far more difficult than everything before. I managed to beat it by using Milotic (again) and outlasting it with Toxic - though it did tear through the rest of my team in the process, with Milotic being the only one that could take a hit without getting obliterated.

Well, you are dealing with a level 60 with base 167 attacking stats, 129 speed with a ton of coverage moves. So yeah, you're not the only one who had issues (but at least you lived through it; unlike some guys on other sites who apparently blacked out a few times).

But yeah, wormholes are available from here on out, so...go in whenever you feel like it. You get the other legendaries from the past, some UBs and increased chances of shinies with 3 IVs guaranteed if you go. 

====

I'm still looking at that Shiny Stunfisk with 6 IVs in box that I caught by random chance yesterday. 

Yeah, it was a cheap way to win, I admit, but with my team being on average about 10 levels below it, I'm glad I was able to manage. For anyone who wants to see my team get one-shotted :p http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6b5nvz

On another note, I like how we get to see Solgaleo, Dulse, and Zossie in Ultra Moon as well (and their Ultra Moon counterparts in Ultra Sun).

Got the game somewhat later than most of you, and I have had little time to play it so far; so I'm somewhat behind. Beat Ilima's trial not too long ago.

My current team looks as follows:

• Hertz (Noibat); level 13
  • Callie (Inkay); level 15
  • Irene (Brionne); level 17

Using Noibat might be a bad idea due to it evolving at such a high level, but we'll see.

Zossie and Dulse are somewhat different than I expected them to be. They seem nice so far.

Archived