Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Battle Agency bemuses me. Sometimes choices are sheet, and other times they’re godly. I got to choose a Nasty Plot Azelf with decent coverage and a good nature and item, and also got a Festival Fan support with a stall setup Gastrodon, which was also good as it yanked a Gardevoir to set up 3 Amnesia and 6 Curse. It is honestly super bizarre how contrary the place is.

I also beat Red last night for the pre-super Battle Tree. He was actually super easy compared to when I fought him in Sun. Like, I swept him with ease in US, while I only made it by the literal skin of my teeth in Sun. I honestly wonder if they made him easier.

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Global Missions

The second Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme is to earn Beach Points by participating in Mantine Surf. The goal is to reach 1,000,000 BP by December 25th at 23:59 UTC. If the mission is a success, then participating players get 2,000 FC or 4,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game while if it's a failure players will get 1,000 FC or 2,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game.

(From Serebii)

Yeah, time to work on surfing stuff. 

For those not done, be wary of the Over the Gyarados move that replaces Magikarp Splash when you get the Surf Pikachu. I dunno if it's bugged or something, but I DO NOT get points for it, even when performing it the first time. I don't know what it is, but I just see a big ol 0 when I do it for the first time; so yeah, avoid using the move, and do Poni for a chance for a huge amount of points. I just did Poni to Melemele and scored 126k for a sweet 28 BP.

I still need to break the 10,200 thing for Melemele; apparently can't break 9,700 or something right now (and no Magikarp splash for failing moves). Also Tentacool, etc can go burn in hell for getting in way.

Beat that one first, get the new move (unless that requires me being #1) and then work way up. 

====

Hopefully they patch that one too, if it is a common bug. 

Okay, now it does give points... I think I've figured this out. I think you have to do a Magikarp Splash before you do an Over the Gyarados for it to work, as I do OtG first and got nothing. Or maybe it has to be the first move you do before a jump. I dunno, but I got 12k for doing it.

EDIT: Okay, I tested it. You need to do Magikarp Splash before you can OtG. But you CANNOT attempt an OtG first or you will lose your chance for points.

Okay, now it's not giving points when I do the above. HOW THE funk DOES THIS MOVE WORK?!

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I think i figured this out. OtG only works on tall waves.

Again. First Vuplix I find with the HA is a male. WHAT IS EVEN MATH!?!?! Before I was waiting for the hail to pass because if the next one also had it I wouldn't know, but screw it. This is only like 11 or 12 in. Also, I somehow got the 5% near the very start but can't get a 75% chance. WHAT IS THIS?!?

Wow, just wow. Almost right after the hail ends the new one called in had its HA too. Still at the 5% chance. Its a female at least.

It was Quiet. AGAIN. HOW!?!?!? I would have been upset if it was any -SPA or -SPE nature but Quiet TWICE in a row.

Thats it, time for bed. I'm not going to keep doing this because it can become spam really fast, but what is my luck? Why? Just why?

I still need to break the 10,200 thing for Melemele; apparently can't break 9,700 or something right now (and no Magikarp splash for failing moves). Also Tentacool, etc can go burn in hell for getting in way.

Beat that one first, get the new move (unless that requires me being #1) and then work way up. 

====

Hopefully they patch that one too, if it is a common bug. 

Oh yeah, meant to say, but if you hate Tentacool, then the Wailmer will majorly piss you off since they're bigger, and like to spawn in huge numbers... usually where you're going to land after a jump. The Sharpedo are even worse, since not only do they go at you, but I had one go BACKWARDS to attack me. Yeah, it leapt at me backwards to slow me down; how bullshit is that?

(Pretty much bullshit; how the hell do you attack BACKWARDS for that.)

Yeah, I end up losing a lot of speed on the Akala ones because Wailmer apparently exist in spots where I try to avoid. I mean, the Tentacool aren't that bad, but they conveniently exist at all the places that you'd plan to gain speed and go up. And falling off doesn't help.

Truth be told you can easily dodge Tentatcool since they're small. And if you lose spots to accelerate, that's no biggie compared to losing speed.

And yeah, the Sharpedo was. Like, I landed directly behind it, and it still got me despite being past it.

EDIT: Jesus. funking. CHRIST! I just did an Ula'ula to Poni, and lost so much speed because EVERY funking batch of obstacles had funking Sharpedo. When I tried to speed up in the start, Sharpedo. When I landed, Sharpedo. When I tried to regain speed, Sharpedo. That was the most bullshit amount of Sharpedo ever. And they rarely came at less than batches of 2. I was routinely trying to dodge 3 Sharpedo in quick succession.

That's pretty cool, and in other news it took about 2-3 days for the current Global Mission to be beaten, and I gotta say it was fun dedicating time to add 500 or so points to the total.

Well, fun in having the BP, not fun in the actual minigame where I kept getting assraped by Sharpedos that attack me from behind. I genuinely saw one wait for me to land and turn around so it could back attack me. I WATCHED it turn around to do so.

I've also acquired basically all hold items possible now (I'm pretty sure) now that several of the hold items can just be found, with only 6 items (Absorb Bulb, Black Belt, Thick Club, Wide Lens, Snowball, Razor Fang) being still wild hold only.

It's not really lumbered per se. I mean, you can tutor it Water Pulse at Heahea Beach and Wicke does give you Psychic after Akala, so he has a decent amount of power, plus with proper Refresh care and Exp.Share he'll typically evolve during early to mid Ula'ula.

Also, I just visited Buzzwole's world, and I fully, 100% understand why it is the way it is.

Think a lot of people are just going to use Bank to transfer stuff over because it's a lot easier than recatching stuff (bar the UBs, Nebby, Poipole and stuff that you only get one shot at).

Just need to grab a few things from my Moon cartridge because I know I sent some stuff over there for dex purposes there as well (from Sun). 

====

But yeah, need to catch the stuff that is exclusive to US/UM too.

Side note about Battle Tree; regular battles don't have you dropped to level 50 and any Pokémon you want. So...you can go curbstomp everyone in the standard battles with level 100 box mascots and stuff if you want, and they only have level 50. Super Battles will have the standard restrictions. 

===

As for Araquanid, yeah, you kinda have to use the Flying Z-move to kill it (or hope you have the event Lycanroc trained enough and knows a strong enough Rock STAB). 

Archived