Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

*Silently cries to self* That funking jabroni. That funking Blissey. Why, just, funking WHY did they put Fling in their funking moveset? It's not particularly useful on the Chansey line, so funking WHY did they include it beyond sheer spitefulness? I found my 4th Lucky Egg Blissey, and the first thing that funking jabroni does is Fling, tossing it immediately while I try to swap to my Gardevoir to Thief it. Just, funking, why?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was battling Totem Lurantis yesterday, killed ally Comfey and then Lurantis calls Kecleon and I was like "The funk?! Totems should only call the one ally." Anyone else had to deal with that?

Team after beating Olivia (italics are temp team members);

Artemis the Dartrix lv29

SmartAlec the Slowking lv29

Keese the Crobat lv29

Kaiju the Larvitar lv29

Battery the Pikachu lv29

LopEarShoota the Lopunny lv29 

(Yeah, all my main team members thus far are female. I'm tempted to make the other two I plan to add females as well)

@Broken: Probably to sheet over players like you and I who plan on farming those eggs for added EXP. But yeah, they could've been a lot nicer and not have Blissey keep Fling at that level. 

@British: First time, yeah. 

Then I just reset the game, imported level 31 Growlithe from Sun and said "I'm not dealing with this sheet again" and burned Lurantis with the Z-move.

@Sakura: No, what they should have done was not funk with their level-up moves so they actually would learn Healing Wish not 7 levels later than in SuMo (level 50) so they'd get rid of Fling in favour of it. Double-Edge could still stay as a high level move though.

@British: Totems always had second helpers come Akala and onwards. I recall Totem Wishiwashi in SuMo called upon Wishiwashi first, and once it was KOed it'd call an Alomomola instead. I always expected Totem Lurantis to have 2 helpers since I'm pretty sure it has 2 in SuMo as well.

@British: Totems always had second helpers come Akala and onwards. I recall Totem Wishiwashi in SuMo called upon Wishiwashi first, and once it was KOed it'd call an Alomomola instead. I always expected Totem Lurantis to have 2 helpers since I'm pretty sure it has 2 in SuMo as well.

I was aware that the later Totems have 2 helpers (after checking), but I had never had to deal with the second helper in any of the Totem fights.

Well, either way I did choose to deal with the Kecleon after the Comfey, largely because my Torracat was basically just toying with it since it resisted whatever sheet it could throw at him while it destroyed Comfey and Kecleon for extra exp, since ally Pokemon seem to give more than wild ones, kinda like trainer Pokemon. But yeah, I've frequently dealt with secondary allies, considering much of the time they have a habit of immediately summoning the next one when the first one is beaten, at least later anyways. I literally had Totem Kommo-O summon its next ally the same turn I had just beaten its first one.

IDK, might help if you get a Ground type (though yeah, you don't have access to the higher level Mudbray unless you actually beat said Togedemaru / can access Route 12). Though then again, I didn't use a Ground either (but forgot what I actually did for it, aside from grinding). 

Fire or Fighting type might be of some help though; preferably stuff that doesn't make contact because Spiky Shield / Iron Barbs. 

====

In terms of legendary catching on my end, still need to get Dialga to finish up the Green wormholes, then Articuno/Cresselia on Red, and have to grind on Ultra Moon for access to Suicune, Kyurem, Rayquaza (uh I can probably move that Kyogre I brought over from Gen 6 in Sun cartridge temporarily), Giratina and Landorus. 

Need to go get my FC from the global mission too.

IDK, might help if you get a Ground type (though yeah, you don't have access to the higher level Mudbray unless you actually beat said Togedemaru / can access Route 12). Though then again, I didn't use a Ground either (but forgot what I actually did for it, aside from grinding).

I do have a Ground-type (Pupitar), only problem is that it gets one-shotted by Iron Head.

Having said that, I decided to change my strat (without grinding) and beat Togedemaru. Somehow I forgot Lopunny had HP Ground for some reason.

Just got a level 10, shiny dialga w/ pokerus thru gts. I asked for dialga. Is it hacked or not?

Yes, it's hacked, considering the lowest level Dialga can be found at is level 45-47 from DPPt if I remember correctly. Where did it say it originates from?

https://serebii.net/games/pokeball.shtml

Gen 7 (US/UM) has ALL legendaries (sans Cosmog and Necrozma, which are level 5 and 65, respectively) at level 60, including Dialga. 

Gen 6 is level 50 from OR/AS.

Gen 5 is level 100 from events. 

Yes, it's hacked, considering the lowest level Dialga can be found at is level 45-47 from DPPt if I remember correctly. Where did it say it originates from?

Gen 7 (US/UM) has ALL legendaries (sans Cosmog and Necrozma, which are level 5 and 65, respectively) at level 60, including Dialga. 

Technically you can get a level 1 Dialga from HGSS during the Arceus event. 

I forgot about it (likely due to using emulator for HG and never getting to access the event), but like I asked him earlier, where does it originate from.

If it's from that event (Sinjoh Ruins), then it's probably fine (but likely still hacked). Then again, I know that Japan did have legendary giveaways at level 15 or something in this gen, but I think those have a ribbon that lock them from trades and those had locks.

Hoenn.

Serebii apparently already calculated it. But yeah, the odds are pretty damn good (though may not be the Shinies you want). Or in my case, anything from the Green wormholes should be shiny now since I got all of the legendaries. Other ones are essentially the legendaries that need their counterparts (I need Entei to get Suicune, Kyogre for Rayquaza, Palkia for Giratina, Zekrom for Kyurem and Thundurus for Landorus).

That could probably explain how I got 5 shinies from it, though not always stuff I want. But not complaining; shinies are shinies. Hopefully I get a shiny Floatzel or Altaria, but we'll see how that turns out because it's random chance.

====
I didn't keep track of how far I traveled to get Zapdos, Azelf and Mesprit [probably somewhere in the 3000-range or something], but here are the distances I went to get everything I have up until now (legendary-wise).

2420 - Groudon (somehow I remembered this one, because I got the same value twice after I skipped it first time due to not having Synchronize 'mon)
3225(ish) - Latios
3425 - Moltres
4177 - Heatran
2347 - Cobalion
2325 - Raikou
3916 - Tornadus
4995 - Regirock
3795 - Uxie
3159 - Virizion
4022 - Regice
2213 - Terrakion
3603 - Registeel
3797 - Mew2
3874 - Xerneas
5429 - Ho-oh
4181 - Dialga
4752 - Cresselia +3
3808 - Articuno +4

A few of these had higher values when I encountered them, but skipped over because I didn't have appropriate nature to force on at the time; mostly the Yellow wormhole ones. And yeah, I think mostly Type 3 or 4 rings; any of the ones in 2000 range were probably the more common ones that I got dragged into after banging into energy balls. 

funking Ultra Necrozma, bastard's wiped me twice. Granted my team is level 54, I defo think grinding is in order.

For someone who resets if one Pokemon faints this kind of scares me. I'm just entering Vast Poni Canyon and my team is 49-51 so I'll likely be around that level when I get to Necro. Guess I could turn EXP Share on again since I've noticed the trainers are catching up to my levels.

I technically survived against Ultra Necrozma with slightly underleveled 'mons and didn't faint completely (I did lose a couple 'mons), but think I also overleveled a bit too. But then again, a lot of people blacked out against it multiple times so you're not alone. Also RIP guys who do nuzlockes.

Moral of story being:

• Grind to level 60+ (or somewhere very close)
  • Make sure Pokémon are tough enough to handle base 167 attacking stats at +1 with Expert Belt effects; same with base 129 speed at that level.
    • Assuming this thing has a neutral nature and zero EVs, 205 HP / 224 Attack and Sp. Atk / 140 Defense and Sp. Def / 178 Speed without the aura. Multiply by 1.5 to get the rest (bar HP). 
  • Invest in Pokémon Refresh.
  • Rotom Powers are your friend (but if you don't need to use them, then good enough)
  • Zoroark.
  • Find a way to shut down Necrozma's offensive stats (Intimidate stuff helps). Also bring plenty of super effective moves.

====

Can only wonder if you can catch the wormhole legendaries before taking on Necrozma, or those are locked until after. 

I did mention Zoroark earlier on (not actually Zorua), but yeah, that's a cheap way if you want to do it without training. Only issue is if AI gets smart enough to realize that it isn't a Fighting/Poison and then proceeds to use its other coverage moves. People did say it worked though, so...

Toxic is available at Aether Paradise at the bottom left of the dock area, so...yeah. 

But up to you on how you want to deal with it (@ BS); I still have to go through it on Ultra Moon, but I have an idea of what to expect. 

Archived