Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone who resets if one Pokemon faints this kind of scares me. I'm just entering Vast Poni Canyon and my team is 49-51 so I'll likely be around that level when I get to Necro. Guess I could turn EXP Share on again since I've noticed the trainers are catching up to my levels.

Yeah, I've had the exp share all game and noticed that the trainers were catching up, which is one thing I liked about the game to be fair. When I first faced Ultra Necro, I saw its level and was like "that's a jump".

Killed Ultra Necro. Grinding a whole 1 level between my entire team (having Kaiju evolve into Tyranitar and utilising Sand Stream) helped.

Legendaries are available before you face Ultra Necrozma Sakura.

too easy to get!

for those who dont know: you can change the wormhole controls from motion control to the circle pad by going to the game freak office in hea-hea city next to the dimensional research lab.  talk to the aether paradise worker wearing a helm.

too easy to get!

for those who dont know: you can change the wormhole controls from motion control to the circle pad by going to the game freak office in hea-hea city next to the dimensional research lab.  talk to the aether paradise worker wearing a helm.

Saved my life when I went looking for tips. Motion controls are atrocious on that game.

Yeah, I changed the settings after I became champion. Still gives me SOME headaches, but far less than the motion controls (especially if I'm doing it while on the bus). 

But that being said, some stuff.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Battle Competition

Details for the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the 2018 International Challenge January competition. This is a Double Battle competition using standard VGC rules, with players being able to earn CP to go towards qualification for the World Championships.. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 50 for the duration of the competition. Registration runs from January 18th 2018 to January 25th 2018. Battles will run from January 26th through January 28th. All entrants will get the 50 Battle Points.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Global Missions

The second Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme is to win at the Battle Agency. The goal is to reach 100,000 wins by January 22nd at 23:59 UTC. If the mission is a success, then participating players get 2,000 FC or 4,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game while if it's a failure players will get 1,000 FC or 2,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game.

Yeah, the second one is what most of us care about. 

Side note is that you have to defeat Sophocles in order to access Battle Agency, so...yeah, if you haven't gotten to 'Ula'ula yet, do it before the 22nd. (Or you can just mooch off the guys who actually did stuff if you can't get to it before then, I guess).

======

All you can hope is that the Battle Agency doesn't pull any fast ones because it does do that a bit, much like the Royal / Tree. 

Yeah, I changed the settings after I became champion. Still gives me SOME headaches, but far less than the motion controls (especially if I'm doing it while on the bus). 

But that being said, some stuff.

Yeah, the second one is what most of us care about. 

Side note is that you have to defeat Sophocles in order to access Battle Agency, so...yeah, if you haven't gotten to 'Ula'ula yet, do it before the 22nd. (Or you can just mooch off the guys who actually did stuff if you can't get to it before then, I guess).

======

All you can hope is that the Battle Agency doesn't pull any fast ones because it does do that a bit, much like the Royal / Tree. 

I honestly think the Battle Agency cheats harder than the Royale and Tree tbh. It's not like you go into either of those and the very first thing you fight immediately hard-counters your entire team, like the Rest-Curse Emboar I fought that completely negated the Toxic Stall Cresellia I chose and physical seconds who couldn't even touch him with a SE move.

So after beating Rainbow Rocket, I decided to do more sidequests, like returning the Normalium Z, and I'm not gonna lie, despite being 10 levels weaker than me, Gumshoos killed more of my Pokémon than Mewtwo did, and that's saying something.

Also, I had a fight with a cop on Poni Plains, and his Stoutland kept spamming Roar. I was like "This dude must have a phobia of Tyranitar or something." (Granted I kept switching back to Tyranitar every turn, but still, spamming Roar every turn is funking ridiculous)

New distributions have been announced for the Legendary Year of 2018. Special distributions will be in stores through the year. These offer the various version exclusive Legendary Pokémon in the games they weren't available in. The distributions will run for Sun & Moon and Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, with the contents differing slightly between Sun & Moon and Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon being Level 100 in USUM holding a Gold Bottle Cap and Level 60 in SM
February - Dialga & Palkia in GAME in the UK & Gamestop in the US
March - Regigigas and Heatran
April - Raikou and Entei
May- Xerneas & Yveltal
June - Shiny Zygarde
July - Tornadus & Thundurus
August - Kyogre & Groudon
September Latios & Latias
October - Reshiram & Zekrom
November - Ho-Oh & Lugia.

This here...sorta upsets me. For one main reason...

Ya see, my brother wanted to restart his game for a Wonderlocke/Nuzlocke (can't remember which one he was doing) and because of that, he caught his Legendaries and then gave them to me. Ya know, version exclusives. It was a good trade!

Insert this video...this sorta upsets me just because I could've waited. Then again, there wasn't a heads up that this would even had been the case, so I guess precautionary measures is better than none? *Shrugs*

In any case, I'm happy about the Shiny Zygarde. Cause that means I can make that the Shiny Perfect Zygarde!! That's the best plus side on this!

Only one of the distributions I really care about is shiny Zygarde.

But to fair, ones that players probably got any interest in are next month's one (for Giratina), April (for Suicune, which I honestly don't know why they split the beasts here), July/August for Rayquaza/Landorus and October for Kyurem if you either don't have access to the other version or can't be bothered finding one with GTS and such. Rest of them depend on your interests.

If anything, just get them for the Gold Bottle Caps, I guess.

Only one of the distributions I really care about is shiny Zygarde.

To be fair, most people only care about the Zygarde, so you're not alone.

On another note, about the distributions; it explains why the TCG is featuring regions in each set.

February/March's distribution coincide with Ultra Prism coming out (which is a Sinnoh set). The distribution for May/June coincide with the Kalos set, and this probs means that SM7 will probs be Hoenn to coincide with the August/September distributions.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Global Missions
The third Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission has finished in success. This Global Mission's theme was to win at the Battle Agency and was a success at 1,111,490 battles won. As it was a success, the gift of 2,000 FC, or 4,000 FC if the game is connected to the Global Link, is now available.

====

So yeah, it was doable and whoever signed up gets their FC. 

I contributed a small bit to it on Ultra Sun; UM, no, but I did register for it on time. (Still haven't beaten Sophocles there as I had to get through Olivia first and now have to deal with first run of Aether Paradise).

On another note;

The VGC 2018 rules have been updated and have included a note that a Version 1.2 is to come at some point in the near future. This rule update deals with a glitch that happens with Curse, Forst's Curse, Power Trick and String Shot during QR Code events and temporarily bans these moves from competitive play, as well as mandating all events be held in Festival Plaza.

One of the general pet peeves I have with Gen 7 is still "why the hell do we need to push another button just to trade/do stuff that could be accessed from the main game screen". 

But in terms of the contents of this patch, likely won't affect us too much bar for the last thing. (Unless that also means those mystery gift events and stuff too)

====

I would've done more matches in the Battle Agency, but all of the players who show up nowadays are sheet and Rank 0, and will not be of help against level 60+ opponents. 

The scaling levels in the Battle Agency was such a dumb choice, it really was. It's bad enough that anything beyond beatdown gets punished by the first damn trainers you fight basically hard-countering your team. I have NEVER had stall/burn strategies work for me because every time I choose one, odds are I fight something either immune to the strategy, or just has Rest/Pain Split.

I ended up having to use a RestSplit Spiritomb a couple times at lower levels, but yeah, that kinda sucked. Then, there was the time I had to fight Giovanni and I got Fake Out'd by opposing M-Kangaskhan and other crap. I lost and had to restart that day.

I mean, yeah, you do get Gold Bottle Caps and stuff, but unless you can consistently get good trainers as partners and no hax on AI end, good luck winning. I'm at grade 10 right now, but I quit doing the Agency because the scaling sucks. I did beat Giovanni with level 50s from team mates, but it relied on me barely winning with own M-Kanga. 

(For what it's worth, I did get to use a Latias for one round, but Adamant nature. GF, what the hell are you doing?)

===

Oh well, just gotta look at what the next global event is.

There's nothing for new events yet.

My fight against Giovanni was easy, since I had a M-Alakazam that nuked the trainers and most of Giovanni's ground team. It's why I said pure beatdown and most set-ups work since otherwise the AI stupidly easily hard counters stall. I used a Pain Split-Wisp Spiritomb, and was walled by a funking Dream Eater Espeon, as Will-o-Wisp was out because Synchronize, and Sucker Punch was out because its only attack was Dream Eater, which required it to be asleep. Basically the Spiritomb COULD NOT kill it without burning itself and thus they both go down together using Pain Split to equalize HP. So, god damn, dumb.

Also, Festival Fans should scale with your level. It's not fair that they are by default Grade 0 when it's not always possible to get higher grade partners, or at all since you need to be online to actually find partners.

A lot of the US/UM track is good, including that one.  

Then again, for a lot of players during main story, this song means that you're in for the hardest fight of your life if not prepared. Least it's still playable in the Battle Tree once you get there for fight music. Now to actually use it when one decides to sic Ultra Necrozma on the AI during regular mode.

Archived