Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

Okay, I got both games today. Now, before I start, how do I get the special Rockruff that evolves into Dusk Form Lycanroc?

Mystery Gift > Get from Internet

Go to Pokemon Center and receive it normally. 

Just (soft) reset as much as you need to for a good nature and IVs. 

====

So yeah, you'll have to wait until after the Iki Festival to get it. 

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, in spite of the Mantine Surf challenge being more than easily won, I decided to do it some more so I can have 5 of each Power Item. I can proudly say I have no managed to reach a high score of 150k that netted me 50 BP from it, which is pretty damn nice now that I've figured out the moves.

Though they are taxing, the longest runs will give you more time to score, which is why I recommend doing Poni to Ula'ula and back again. On the first jump (it should be a low wave) do a Magikarp Splash and then a Primarina Spin, and then build up speed for when the big wave comes, as then you should do an Over the Gyarados and then a Huntail/Gorebyss, as you won't have enough time to Lanturn. From there just alternate between Lanturn or Primarina depending on wave size, and then doing a Starmie 720 as well, as you'll have time for both. I think you get a better score if you alternate, so alternate between doing Lanturn/Primarina first then Starmie, then Starmie and then a Lanturn/Primarina on your next jump.

So long as obstacles aren't being a jabroni (fuckign Sharpedo funking Sharpedo funking SHARPEDO!), you should be able to do more than 100k each ride for a nice amount of BP or get to 130k for 38 BP.

I still need to actually beat one course, but yeah, need to beat the normal course record first before I can get the new move and then try again on the longer ones. Close, but not there (or somewhere between 5-9K on normal course, depending on if Wailmer/Tentacool move their asses). Would be nice if I could get Magikarp Splash but IDK. 

Still have to open it up for Ultra Moon as well.

It should be there, but I apparently never got to do it / score from it. Most I got is around 9900 from doing the preset tricks and stuff; idk, maybe not enough height to do multiple tricks after I get up. 

Should try again later; I don't have issues scoring on it, but problem is getting the 10,000. Might be on me or my circle pad on DS is partially sheet with the covering mostly off. 

Mystery Gift > Get from Internet

Go to Pokemon Center and receive it normally. 

Just (soft) reset as much as you need to for a good nature and IVs. 

====

So yeah, you'll have to wait until after the Iki Festival to get it. 

Until January 10th. You forgot to mention that. After that you can't get it anymore.

You still got a couple weeks left (and should've been obvious for your benefit). Otherwise, you'll have to ask someone if they'd be willing to trade you one (and it won't have Happy Hour); the corresponding Elemental Fang move will be on though. 

And yeah, it is breedable. (Should be tradeable within Ultra Sun/Moon; just can't Wonder Trade, even though I have a box full of them if people miss the event and want one)

To be fair, Ultra Moon players are somewhat screwed over because of the inverted time thing in evolving Dusk form; get up at 5 am to evolve stuff (uh, how many of you are usually up at that hour?). Least until you can access the alternate universes and all, or just transfer to Ultra Sun if you have Bank. 

To be fair, Ultra Moon players are somewhat screwed over because of the inverted time thing in evolving Dusk form; get up at 5 am to evolve stuff (uh, how many of you are usually up at that hour?). Least until you can access the alternate universes and all, or just transfer to Ultra Sun if you have Bank. 

The reverse world trick doesn't work as it sets the in-game time to 6am/6pm regardless of when you do it..

IIRC the time is still 5pm to 6pm no matter the version because of that very reason Sakura.

5-5:59 in-game time, so unless UM players changed the time on their ds, they'd have to be up between 5-5:59am (real time) as UM's in-game time runs 12 hours ahead of real time.

I seriously feel like the hidden % chance to miss on non-100% accuracy moves has gotten even higher in USUM. Like, I swear that I've missed with 90% accuracy moves more often than I should, even more so in the Battle Tree. I just lost a 23 streak because, even though my Ferrothorn's Power Whip (85% accuracy) had missed recently (and really funking often too) an unboosted M-Sableye, my Mimikyu's revenge kill was utterly thwarted by Play Rough funking missing as well, and then it was one-shot by Foul Play. I used it 4 times in the tree; it would have been 2, but it missed twice. Twice, on a 10% chance. funk these games sometimes. Just funk them. There is not enough salt in the world to truly encapsulate how pissed off I am that I lost because of a bullshit 10% chance.

That just the nature of playing any luck based game. It sucks, you know I love to complain about it, but that is reality. One of the things I try to do is accept it to be the nature of the game and think that just as I have times where I'll be unlucky, I'll be lucky.

Anyway, finish Ghost trial. Team is

Petrol, the Gentle Muk: 42

Vikviper, the Sassy Vikavolt: 42

Yukibi, the Hardy Vulpix: 42

Saburra, the Calm Palossand: 42

Teddy, the Lax Bewear: 42

Undertaker, the Naughty Incineroar: 45

Going to stop using the EXP Share since I like where my team is in terms of level.

The Mantine Surf global mission finished in success. The target was 1,000,000 BP and more than 8,500,000 BP was acquired.

Also some new options have been made available in Friendly Competitions on the Pokémon Global Link. Until now, when creating a competition you could select the battle time to be 10 minutes or 30 minutes. However, as of today, you can now set up Friendly Competitions that have 5 minutes or 15 minutes as the time limit.

I still need to steal a couple Lucky Eggs as well, since training is still a relative pain, given lower than desired levels for the E4/challengers and the split formula, even with the new Rotom powers and stuff. 

But then again, most people in the previous gen did have Blissey bases to grind for 45-150K exp per fight, depending on factors, so...

Archived