[VJMP] Hope Magician (Utopia Magician)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/51693735.html

9e26d304-s.jpg

“Light Up Duels with this card that combines the power of two heroes.”

fea142ed-s.jpg

Yuya: “Let’s Entertainment Duel with a New Magician!”

Yuma: “Let’s bring it to ’em with the power of Utopia!!”

“Hope Magician”
A card that combines the power of “Yuya Sakaki” and “Yuma Tsukumo” at the same time!? A Pendulum Xyz Monster, this new magician appears that carries both of their power!

0adb3d82-s.jpg

Of course it’s for Xyz Decks, but it also gets stronger in Decks centered around Pendulum Summoning! And since it’s a Rank 4, it can be used in a wide variety of Decks!

Yuya & Yuma: “This time it’s our turn!!”

--------

The first Extra Deck Pendulum Monster outside of anime/manga is coming out as a V-JUMP Promo. I didn't think we'd get a monster that is related to two protagonists. Also, it seems we're celebrating 20th anniversary yet again.

It's also not an "Utopia" monster.

I just realised this card isn't part of Utopia archetype, but I have a feeling it might get an archetype condition, since Konami likes to milk Utopia (plus all Z-ARC magicians have their own conditions).

Not only that, but it looks too similar to Utopia to begin with.

It's obvious that they'll be making this Xyz-Pendulum part of the Magician AND the Utopia archetype in some shape or form. That being said...if we can get one for HEROs and Stardust, that would be freakin' amazing! Here's hoping! XD

I just realised this card isn't part of Utopia archetype, but I have a feeling it might get an archetype condition, since Konami likes to milk Utopia (plus all Z-ARC magicians have their own conditions).

It's not?  Huh.  What part of Utopia's Japanese name is the Utopia archetype?

It's not?  Huh.  What part of Utopia's Japanese name is the Utopia archetype?

In OCG, an Utopia archetype is called Kibō'ō Hōpu (希き望ぼう皇おうホープ ) which translates to King of Wishes, Hope.

This card is called Kibō no Majutsushi (希望の魔術師) which translates to Hope Magician.

If it were an Utopia monster, it'd be called Kibō'ō Hōpu no Majutsushi or something similar. (I'm not that great at Japanese)

Judging by the fact that they're intentionally posing Yuma next to Yuya, this might be the second card in the OCG to contain an archetype clause, after another of Yuma's cards: Utopia Beyond. That card technically wouldn't be a Utopia monster were it not for an OCG archetype clause (its Japanese name translates to "Emperor of Wishes: Beyond the Hope", instead of something like "Emperor of Wishes: Hope Beyond"), so it makes sense that they might do the same thing twice.

That, or it'll be "Utopic", like F0.

When I first saw the image I originally thought it looked like Yuya in cosplay.

OT: Since this is a Rank 4 Utopia Xyz Monster it can be used to summon The Lighting plus the fact is a Rank 4 Xyz Pendulum does make it look interesting as a card where I guess its effects will focus around Special summoning Monsters while gaining additional effects if your using Pendulums based on its design.

Edit: Just noticed the last bit of the opening post in red and that's a shame that its not a Utopia Monster.

Interesting, this is an amazing idea, especially considering magicians are funnily enough a level 4 centric pendulum archtype.

To be fair this might finally be a pendulum hybrid, which is not too horribly difficult to summon to actually take advantage of being a pendulum.

If we get a triangle of pendulum hybrids (which yuya and reiji hint to be the summit of pendulum (near the end of the anime)) that would be amazing, especially considering arc v somewhat tries to tie together those 3 mechanics (fusion, synchro and xyz) and introduces a mechanic that is supposed to support those.

As mentioned above a Stardust Magician would also make sense, as for the fusion hybrid, Neos Magician would propably be the most likely one.de

Definitely an interesting concept for them to go for.

(And the fact that I still consider Pendulum to be by far my favourite mechanic, especially pendulum hybrids).

Let us just hope they do not mess up and create such theme-hybrids that are not pendulums (given that pendulum is a support mechanic and I would definitely want a generic synchro-pendulum, fusion-pendulum and perhaps link-pendulum, which reminds me ... where are starving venemy dragon and dark anthellion dragon ?).

so this is it huh konami?

interesting move...

i genuinely thought this will be featured in the equivalent 10th anniversary movie at first but of course we already got our 20th Anniv Movie and this meant to be standalone (line up?) theme solely on "what if scenario"

now give me either Odd-Eyes Stardust Dragon OR  E-HERO Firewall Neos lol

I kind of care about the scale and materials more than the effect. I utopia hope that it is a generic Rank 4 with a decent number far from Scale 4 and an easy "place this in Pendulum Scale" condition.

I would have liked it better if it had been a variation of an Odd-Eyes and a Number... and a real Utopia. Then there'd be a ton of things that could be done with it, even if had no further effects at all.

Archived